One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Lyon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:57 am 

In the stats reported in september 2, Lyon is in poition #163. The last org is Hannover, #164 and Oslo is in position #162.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:41 pm 

I was in Lyon (France) last weekend to see a play directed by my brother-in-law and I stumbled quite by chance on a large (and rather beautiful) building with a large Dianetics sign on it, surrounded by boards telling the usual lies about CoS, notably repeating the falsehood that "Narconon is the most successful anti-drug program around" or words to that effect.

No mention of Scientology that I could see (understandably, given the very bad press it has had here, and the fact that France is an overwhelmingly secular, atheistic sort of place). I didn't go in because I was with my wife and kids no public, only two middle-aged women who came out occasionally to rearrange the boards and check that nobody was interested.

Despite the fact that it was a lovely day in a beautiful part of Old Lyon (on the slopes of Croix Rousse), nobody seemed interested at all.

Not much progress towards "clearing the planet" there, then.

Best wishes to you all

TomL

Post subject: Lyon is down
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:03 am 

I went very few times around the Lyon org, which was moved by a bunch of sea orgers from beautiful Lyon surrounds to the bad center of the city.

Last time I went there, someone had painted "secte" or things like thgis on the windows.

Nobody was visible. No car around (seems that the City has blocked the parking there anyway)

No signs of activities around; No OCA distribution.

Later, I learned that that org was not even opened on sundays.

Later too, I learned by newspapers that the association of scientology had to go before Trade court, since it had not paid its rent since one year. The trial was avoided (probably they paid the owner the day before the trial).