One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:09 pm 

Sponge, that link to Keith Code's site is a typical Scientologist: I, Me, Mine.

To read his "accomplishments" Keith Code invented motorcycle racing techniques, including seeingness while riding. It appears that Mr. Code boilerplated LRH's "I, Me, Mine" Technique and claims to have discovered and invented the "tech" of how to race motorcycles. Mr. Code is certaily a legend in his own mind and it is all based around a book. Does this sound like anyone we know? A sample of the bio Keith Code wrote for himself:

Quote:
1976--Starts writing down his research on riding techniques.
1976--Begins the "Keith Code Rider Improvement Program" for club level racers. Gets astonishing results. Student lap times improve an average of 7 seconds a lap. Press dubs him The Guru of Roadracing.
1976-Gets to winners circle in his first ever Superbike race at Laguna Seca.
1976--Begins research on visual skills. Defines reference points and other key visual skills.

1977--Organizes the new-rider training for the AFM racing club and runs it.
1977--Does the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Instructor course in Sacramento, CA
1977--Trains new riders at MSF courses and for dealerships.

1977-78--Begins publicly sharing his discoveries by holding lectures for racers on riding technique.
1977-78--Begins to apply training techniques to self and wins 11 out of 12 California events in GP and other classes.
1977-79--Active member, board of directors, AFM race club.

1979--Retires from Superbike racing.
1979--Keith hooks up with Richard Lovell and forms the California Superbike School. Richard came to America with the idea of starting a track school from his experience at Brands Hatch where he worked for the track's own school. On calling around to magazines, Keith's name was given to him as the guy who trained riders. The two established and ran the schools together until Richard went on to family business in Wisconsin in 1987.

1980--Starts the first high performance school, The California Superbike School

1981--Contracts with Kawasaki Motors Corp. to train dirtracker Wayne Rainey in roadracing techniques. The rest is history.

1982--Takes the Superbike School nationwide.
1982--Writes the instant best seller, A Twist of the Wrist book. Still selling in quantity worldwide.
1982--Superbike champion Eddie Lawson agrees to write his notes and comments in Keith's first book after attending Superbike School sessions.
1982--Keith asks and Eddie Lawson helps instruct at Superbike School sessions.
1982--Develops the no-brakes rider training format, used by many.

1983--Becomes first teacher to break riding into specific drills.
1983--Coaches Steve Wise for Honda race team. Steve was fearless but crashed a lot. He made it into the winners circle 11 out of the next 13 Superbike and Formula 1 races with Keith as his coach.

1984--Works with Superbike champion Wes Cooley for Kawasaki. Team Muzzy/Kawasaki staff member, Sparky Edmondson said. "What did you do to him, I've never seen anything like that before!" after Keith brought him from a & string of distant 7th place type finishes to winners' circle after coaching him for only one race!
1984--Develops the panic-stop training bike.
1984--Works with national champion dirtracker Ricky Graham to start his roadracing career for Honda.
1984--First Twist book translated into Japanese.
1984--First Twist book translated into German. Becomes immediate best seller.
1984--Works with national champion dirtracker Bubba Shobert to start his roadracing career for Honda. Bubba went on to win the Superbike championship.
1984--Starts training dirtracker Doug Chandler in roadracing. Doug wins 3Superbike Championships.
1984--Develops and implements first ever high perf. step-by-step rider training format.
1984--Begins training Donnie Greene who goes on to win 3 National Championships after Keith's coaching....

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:59 pm 

Are there plans for the clams to have tents at the raceway. Sounds like a fun spot for a protest....xenu would love racing and I bet the race fans would love to see him as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:12 pm 

NASCAR is BIG MONEY in the USA. NASCAR has a huge fan base and is televised on TV.

I read a story once about companies who sponsered NASCAR teams and without exception the increased media exposure and advertising time increased sales and had a measureable benefit for their business. This makes complete sense to me.

However this is the biggest PR flap I have seen. The COS will suffer huge losses because of this exposure. NASCAR teams an NASCAR takes itself very seriously and there will be alien jokes and people in xenu masks at the events and it will all be shown on national TV.

This is something we should not attempt to stop.

This is extremely positive for the purpose of exposing and undressing the COS and Scientology in general!

GO TEAM DIANETICS!

GO TEAM DIANETICS!

GO TEAM DIANETICS!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

TEAM DIANETICS car crashing into barriers, finishing last, spinning out of control, exploding into a ball of flames, etc will be a wonderful Metaphor for the COS and Scientology!

Regards,

CB

:twisted:

"Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident; may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - it's only action that can make a man." From "Faust" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:48 pm 

Next thing you know they'll have a Dianetics banner flown over the beach ...

or maybe a 'tech' dune buggy:
MST3K: "Girl in Gold Boots"

Now they're calling me Your Highness
And a world screams, "Kiss me, Son of God"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:22 pm 

It is amazing that they are silly enough to do this and very funny!

It is as bad as was calling the Titanic unsinkable. How will they explain all that goes wrong (crashes, failure to win, etc.).

Even hitler was smart enough not to let the third reich name the LZ-129 zepplin the "Hitler" so it was named the "Hindenburg" instead. Thereby representing Germany in general and not necessarily the third reich directly. Though it was used somewhat as a PR device by them (but could be easily dismissed when it burnt up). He refused to have his name attached to anything that could crash or sink (hence the Bismark). So DM's intelligence is far less than even the little corporal's (and hitler created a mountain of footbullets for himself and the reich).

Another footbullet for CO$ that will prove that clear and OT are meaningless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:09 pm 

A contact wanted the following posted in this thread.

a native of NASCAR Central wrote:

I live in the Charlotte, NC area. This is the home of Nascar, where the sport began. The Nacar hall of fame is coming here [...] and more race teams than you can count are HQ'd within about 25 miles.

[...] I can see to it that materials get directly into the +hands+ of several NASCAR bigwigs... [including] ...at least one Nextel Cup driver. I also have contact with the host of the biggest sports talk radio show in town. Good old boys don't like cults and I think NASCAR and racing fans might be interested to hear about a scientologist front group trying to sneak stuff past them.

Advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:12 pm 

Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed. The Dianetics NASCAR is the height of absurdity.

Nice Photoshop, Sponge!

J. Swift wrote:
Quote:
The Simpson's is a funny show, but it is trash culture. Homer is an alcoholic, Bart is a deliquent, and the show is celebrates dsyfunction. How does Scientologist Nancy Cartwright help to "Clear the Planet" with her weekly contribution to The Simpson's? I don't see how it is ethical for a Scientologist to celebrate and promote the trash culture of The Simpson's.

The Simpsons is one of the most influential shows in T.V. history. I wouldn't call it trash culture.

BTW, Bart actually attends school quite regularly-he did skip in the episode "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" (season 5, I think), but that's the exception rather than the rule. And I don't think that the show celebrates dysfunction at all. All of the family members love each other very much, they go to church every Sunday, they eat dinner at the table.

I adore Nancy Cartwright. She is a very talented woman, and her contribution to the Simpsons probably does more good for people than her Scientology activities ever could.

Sorry to go so off-topic on this one...I love the Simpsons and must defend its honor at any cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:21 pm 

Off-Topic:

I was wondering when you'd show up on this thread marlysfan! I think it's a generational thing. My dad usually has a good sense of humor, but he feels the same way about Simpsons as J Swift does. It's always been one of the most intelligent and thought provoking shows on TV. I can't say I liked the first couple of seasons or the last 5 - 6 seasons, but they were on fire in the mid-late 90's!

"People with too many arguments should always be approached with suspicion. Dialectic and endless reasoning are usually used as resistance against disagreeable truths" A. M. Meerloo, M.D. "Delusion and Mass-Delusion" (c) 1949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:49 pm 

Now here is something to question?
Exactly how is this sponsorship being paid for?
I know my companys tags cost us quite a bit of money for the few square inches that they take up.
To have a car is millions of dollars.
Since I would doubt you could streach the idea of sponsoring a car as a religious activity (I know you people from the south will disagree) it would be illegal to use any money that came in as a donation.

You can be sure if they other drivers dont like this sponsorship that car will spend alot of time in the pits or rolled over.

Atheist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:33 pm 

I like The Simpsons, although it has finally gotten creatively tired. It lost its edge long ago to South Park. The Simpsons has stayed Sunday-night safe for at least fifteen years. I can't think of the last controversial episode the show did. The Simpson's promotes trash culture and dysfunction as its form of humor. That's what makes it funny. My point is that Scientology criticizes everything that is seen on The Simpsons and yet has no qualms about Nancy doing Bart's voice. This is the same morally convenient stance CoS takes with Tom Cruise and John Travolata murdering people in their movies.

There is no moral consistency in CoS when it comes to its celebrities -- except for when it forced Issac Hayes to quit South Park. That was a day late and a dollar short because the damage had been done and no one misses Hayes being on South Park. The show is as good as ever without him and he is out of a job.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:07 am 

I have always loved the Simpsons but J Swift, RIPOBD and others are right it has lost the edge it long ago once had.

It really showed this recently when early last month the writers of the Simpsons tried getting nancy to read a particular line and she refused:

Quote:

It's pretty sad when a show that used to be edge can be dragged down and have to cow-tow to one of its voices because they belong to some nutty cult! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:11 am 

RealityWillTell wrote:
I have always loved the Simpsons but J Swift, RIPOBD and others are right it has lost the edge it long ago once had.

It really showed this recently when early last month the writers of the Simpsons tried getting nancy to read a particular line and she refused:

Quote:

It's pretty sad when a show that used to be edge can be dragged down and have to cow-tow to one of its voices because they belong to some nutty cult! :roll:

They should fire her and hire pee wee herman to play bart or better yet michael jackson. Both of those voices would be better. And since when did a voice actor per their contract get to pick and choose lines.

Regards,

CB

:twisted:

"Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident; may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - it's only action that can make a man." From "Faust" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 am 

Well if this dosen't work there's always flirty fishy........ :D

Goethe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:48 am 

J. Swift wrote:
Scientology "Trash Culture Queen" Nancy Cartwright, voice of Bart Simpson, poses with the Scienoracers:

The Simpson's is a funny show, but it is trash culture. Homer is an alcoholic, Bart is a deliquent, and the show is celebrates dsyfunction. How does Scientologist Nancy Cartwright help to "Clear the Planet" with her weekly contribution to The Simpson's? I don't see how it is ethical for a Scientologist to celebrate and promote the trash culture of The Simpson's.

Slam the clams all you want, but DON'T DIS THE SIMPSONS!! :x

Its sad that Cartwright is a clam, but I think you are undermining real CO$ critique to say its unethical to be on the greatest TV comedy series of all time (and longest running comedy in history, I think).

eba

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:24 pm 

G4TB Wrote:
Quote:
Well if this dosen't work there's always flirty fishy........

Ewww...I haven't heard about flirty fishing in a while (for all who don't know, flirty fishing was a tactic employed by The Family/Children of God where women and girls would seduce and have sex with men in an attempt to convert them to the cult).

There is a page (a front group for Scientology, I believe-I might be wrong) that condones the CoS, the Unification Church, and The Family. If the CoS condones The Family, what does that say? Here's the link-

http://www.religioustolerance.org/cultmenu.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next