One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:16 am 

magoo1 wrote:
Al Capone would have loved Hubbard.

Actually, I disagree. Al Capone was a ruthless and power-hungry individual. However, he was all business and wanted things done orderly. Hubbard is a whole new classification of evil, as he was a chaotic and treacherous individual. While Capone was a ruthless criminal, he was not an out and out psycopath. If Hubbard were in Capone's mafia, Capone would have him "handled" so that his sadism and insanity would not disturb "business." At least, that is my take on the matter. I believe a man like Capone would have made sure Hubbard was sleeping with the fishies. My 2 cents.

R.I.P. Lisa, we will never forget you or stop speaking up for you.

Post subject: satanic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:33 pm 

This is taken from part 2 of Creed Pearsons doubt formula.

It explores some of the hidden games Hubbard was playing with the people he was using to experiment on. And it shows us how he related these to his satanist agenda.

"If L Ron Hubbard did actually, in fact, believe himself to be Satan, like L. Ron Jr had said; he would likely have hidden the symbol 666 within his writings.
Indeed he did. I have found these and will now present them to you. Crowley was very open about being 666. Hubbard, however, was very covert and used 999. I will now show you the 9s.
We will start with the Scientology cross. This cross is a blend of the Nazi Mother Cross and the Alistair Crowley Cross. I will explain all that later. But first, we will stick to the point of finding the 9s.
Crowley started his levels with a 0 as opposed to using number 1. Ron also started each level with 0.
I point that out to show that a 0 has a deeper hidden meaning. It is a meaning, which we will now explore.
In the Administrative dictionary under “Cross� It says, “The distinctive cross of the Church of Scientology is symbolic because of its eight points, of the eight dynamics�.
There are eight dynamics - urges to survive. They are listed below:
1. First Dynamic – Urge toward existence as one’s self.
2. Second dynamic – Urge toward survival as the sexual act or as a family unit.
3. Third Dynamic – Urge toward existence in groups of individuals.
4. Fourth Dynamic – Urge toward survival as all races of mankind.
5. Fifth Dynamic – Urge toward existence as the animal kingdom
6. Sixth dynamic – Urge toward existence as the physical universe.
7. Seventh Dynamic – Urge toward existence as or of spirits.
8. Eighth Dynamic – This is called the infinity or God dynamic. The symbol of infinity stood upright makes the numeral “8.�
The careful observer will notice that there are not eight points, but rather there are nine. The ninth point is found right in the middle where all the points converge.
NOTE: Insert more detailed picture of Scientology Cross.
There are eight dynamics of survival. We are looking for the 9th dynamic. As I said earlier, Crowley started his levels with a 0 as opposed to using number 1. Ron also started each level with 0. So what is Ron’s 0 dynamic? If all of the eight dynamics contain survival there must be the dynamic which does not contain survival.
It can be said that the Static is the null dynamic. It results from equilibrium of force. It is a 0 of influence. Per the technical dictionary, “a static is something without mass, without wavelength, without time, and actually without position. That’s a static and that is the definition of zero.�
So, Ron was kind enough to show us the zero. It is the static.
All lines of the cross meet in the middle and return to the ends. This is the static point. This is the null.
So now we have our first 9.
There are eight published OT levels number 1 through 8. There is another one. Few have even looked. It is called OT TR 0. Most perceive this as only a drill. But it is much more.
Scientology’s technical dictionary defines this: “OT TR 0 - a drill to train students to be there comfortably and confront another person. The idea is to get the student able to be there comfortably in a position three feet in front of another person, to be there and not do anything else but be there. Student and coach sit facing each other with eyes closed.�
The student sitting there is a 0 of influence during the drill. He has his eyes closed and is not permitted to leave the chair or to move. It is a 0 level. Together with the other eight levels we have the second 9.
Note: Insert picture link here and text showing people doing OT TR O. Put text in that says this drill is done three feet away from the other person.
So now we have our second 9.
At the end of Part I, I said that 9 Condition formulas are required in order to get out of the trap.� Scientologists up to now have only applied 8 condition formulas in regards to getting out of the trap. Yet, Hubbard had 10 condition formulas in total. So, how is it that only eight are used? I will show you.
Here are the conditions formulated by Hubbard starting with 1 and ending in 10.
1. Confusion
2. Treason
3. Doubt
4. Liability
5. Non-Existence
6. Danger
7. Normal
8. Affluence
9. Power
10. Power-Change
When one enters Scientology, he is normally under the delusion or hope that the OT levels will result in certain powers being recovered to him. These may include the ability to leave the body at will, to remote view, to influence events in other parts of the world, to elevate, to be telepathic, etc. This would be “Power� as a spiritual being.
In all my years of Scientology, I have never seen anyone in Scientology that could demonstrate these abilities. L Ron Hubbard said that he could see pictures around other people, in effect “read minds.� However, that was another prevarication, unsupported by any collaboration of evidence. He also spoke of “exteriorization�, but failed to demonstrate instances of this that could be independently verified.
Thus, it appears that “Power� has never been achieved for spiritual beings by using Scientology alone. Therefore, only the first eight conditions have been used as they relate to being “cause over life� and “going OT.� He prevented other practices and he ensured entrapment by convincing his followers that Scientology was the only way out.
L Ron Hubbard covered up this failure to produce real “Power� by making the OT levels confidential and by preventing his followers from discussing their sessions with others. He also, came out with more and more “technical breakthroughs� that in fact, did not break through to much of anything much less to freedom. Some of the tech works, but there are traps. I will discuss these in detail later.
He gave the elusion of “Power� with the resultant formula, “Don’t Disconnect.� This keeps OT VIIIs hanging around. Most of them feel no other game has meaning and dedicate their lives to expanding the contagion of aberration...
Furthermore, his policies make “Power-Change� impossible. One of the steps of “Power-Change� is to write up your “hat� and thus assist others in their quest to go free. Confidentiality and the policies of Hubbard prevent this.
Another one of the steps of “Power-Change� is to create a new game. Unfortunately, the game can not include freeing others a different way. Hubbard calls this “squirreling and in SO ED 2104 INT even threatened his public with lawsuits and jail time if they found and used another way.
Now a genuine friend of mankind would gladly free others and would certainly not make the path confidential, copyright it, monopolize it, and require vast sums of money for it. In my opinion only a self-serving criminal would do these things.
Think about it. Let’s say magic dust fell from the sky and landed in your lap. With it you could give powers to anyone you chose. You could free mankind. Wouldn’t you sprinkle it around freely?
Yet, one man, in effect, claimed to have such dust and he doled it out reluctantly, substituting it with dust that had little power. Then he demanded that all efforts be directed to pursue more dust. He promised the Power and held it back.
The Enemy formula in Scientology has one step, “Find out who you really are.� There is another step below Confusion and Enemy that is missing. In order to go free you will need it.
Ron deals with 9s. So, there is a 0 condition that exists.
It is the one that exists the moment before one decides something. In Scientology jargon this term is called, “AS-IS-NESS. It is the condition of immediate creation without persistence, and is the condition which exists at the moment of creation and at the moment of destruction and is different from other considerations in that it does not contain survival.� All of the other 8 conditions contain survival. This one does not. It is the null. It is the 0.
In order to have an “as-is-ness� of the way out, you must know the thoughts of the one that devised the way out. In this case that is LRH. Therefore, here is the missing step. It is this:
“Find out who LRH really was.� This is the 0 step.
After all, he was the one who purportedly discovered the way out. The way out is the way through. You must confront the unthinkable and examine Hubbard. This doesn’t mean listening to the PR version from the church, this means really examining him. Click below to see him lie right to your face.
Hubbard caught lying on video Secret Lives snippet
This means there are:
9 Conditions, 9 Urges to Survive, and 9 Levels to "Total Freedom." This is 999.
Insert pictures of the book covers for Scientology 8-80 and 8-8008
These three nines (999) appear if we take a look at Scientology books 8-80 and 8-8008.
The symbol 8 in the book 8-80 when flipped on its side represents infinity. (Insert picture from tech dictionary) The – indicates that infinity is connected to the symbol 80. In the symbol 80, the 8 represents the eight urges to survive. They are called the eight dynamics. The 0 is the null dynamic. Thus, there are 9 dynamics and they are connected to infinity.
Let’s now look at the book Scientology 8-8008.
The first 8 means the same thing as above. It represents infinity. The “–“ represents an attachment. The next 80 means 8 conditions of survival along those dynamics plus the 0 between lives symbol = 9 conditions connected to infinity.
In the next 08 the 0 represents OT TR 0 and the 8 represents the OT levels 1 through 8. This equates to 9 levels connected to the conditions, which are also linked to infinity.
Thus we have 999.
Let’s pause here a moment to look at what Ron says about “Total Freedom.�
In Professional Auditor Bulletin Number 84 dated 15 May 1956 on page 388 of the 1991 Red Volumes Ron says:
“Freedom exists among barriers. A totality of barriers and a totality of freedom alike are no-game conditions. Each is similarly cruel. Each is similarly purposeless.�
“Great revolutionary movements fail. They promise unlimited freedom. That is the road to failure. Only stupid visionaries chant of endless freedom. Only the afraid and ignorant speak of and insist upon unlimited barriers.�
So, Per LRH, “Total freedom is cruel and purposeless.�
We now know that "Total Freedom" is actually the flipside of what is promised and is, in fact, “Total Slavery.�
This inversion flips 999 to 666 because the Scientologist is promised an inverted goal.
Ron had no problem turning an 8 on its side to make the infinity symbol. Flipping 999 upside down to form 666 is no different.
Per page 209 of the Scientology technical dictionary, an 8 turned on its side symbolizes the concept of infinity. What you are not told is that it also resembles Pavlov’s maze.
Pavlov was a Russian Psychiatrist that studied the behavior of rats running around in mazes and the behavior of dogs and other animals. LRH studied his works, but instead of experimenting with animals Ron had humans as his subjects. He tried many cruel experiments on them. When he was at Sea he had people thrown overboard. This was called off-boarding. He also locked children in the chain locker for days at a time. The chain locker is where the anchor and chain are stored. He experimented with sleep and food deprivation technologies. Techniques still used on the Rehabilitation Project Force. These and other horrifying stories are detailed in the books Messiah or Madman, A Piece of Blue Sky, and Man Behind the Mask.
In 8-80, the “8�- represents infinity in an endless maze and the “-“ is a connection to the dynamics.
In 8-8008 the “8�- represents infinity and the “–“ represents a connection to one’s conditions and levels in life.
The infinity symbol is closed. There appears to be no escape.
The Freewinds OT symbol represents the closed maze. (Need picture here)
Now I will tie it all in.
Here is the secret. The OT levels are a circle or oval similar to the Freewinds OT symbol. OT TR 0 is both at the beginning and at the end. One traveling along the bridge is not crossing a cavern to safety, but is rather on an endless trek along a purposeless journey.
There is not an OT IX in the mother church. You will only find it outside in the “free-zone.�
Ron completed the bridge at OT TR 0. The quest to reach a “higher� OT level is the motivation that makes one run through the trap.
Ron’s OT levels are complete. They have been for years. It is a completed enclosed circle.
In the symbol OT, the O stands for Operating and the T stands for Thetan (spirit).
Notice in the name OT that the T is on the outside and is “free� of the circle. This would be called in Scientology terms, “Thetan exterior.� The OT symbol used by the “Freewinds� shows the T trapped inside the circle, a trapped Thetan. Thus, the individual traveling this path is free at the beginning and enslaved at the end.
(We need to use the Freewinds symbol here). At OT TR 0 the T is outside. At OT 8 on the ship the T is inside. Freedom verses Slavery.
I said earlier, that in Scientology 8-80 and 8-8008 that the infinity signs were linked. They are outside and free of the 0s. If you put them inside, you have an eternity of entrapment.
Ron was 666 upside down. His followers in the mother church will not likely release other OT levels. Ron is not about to let them make him into 667!
He left specific instructions. Remember?
He has been 666 since before Scientology 8-80 was published in 1952. He planned it way back when he was a Satanist with Alistair Crowley, his mentor. (Insert the Affirmations here).
There are other symbols of 9s.
A=A=A contains three triangles with three points = 9 (ARC triangle, Third dynamic triangle, KRC triangle)
The Scientology double triangle is actually three triangles times three points = 9
The Sea Org Coat of Arms has 9 symbols in it = 9
So we have another 999.
LRH has been playing a cruel joke and has decided to be Satan. Most of his followers have lost any belief in God. I will say more on this in the next chapter.
He has been leaving clues and laughing in our faces. He left all the clues above, but like usual, no one really looked. He was constantly saying, “All I am asking you to do is look.� He just loved to shove it in our faces and dare us to see it.
A bridge sits only three feet away from an auditor in session. As I said earlier, it is called a Wheatstone bridge. Delete - See http://www.dwiardacom/scientific/Bridge.html for an example.
Despite constant drilling on with a “twin� three feet away we blindly moved along on a false bridge and didn’t see the gimmick that was sitting right on the table in front of us, three feet away “the Wheatstone bridge.� I’ll give LRH some credit here. That was one hell of a joke.
“The Bridge to Total Freedom� is a “Bridge to Total Slavery.�
What LRH actually did was he laid down clever traps and then he dared us to see them.
I was quite lucky. He laid down a trap that I was unwilling to accept. It was the trap of suppressing my love and the love of my children. Only a madman would devise such “technology.�
My unending desire to reach my children led me to discover the way out.
I am now going to take you through step by step and strip the false data out of this twisted “Religion.�
Insert Picture of Tilian and Legolas quote
I will now share it with you.
At the end of Part I, I said that 9 Condition formulas are required in order to get out of the trap.� Scientologists up to now have only applied 8 conditions. They are thus in an endless trap, running around and around never finding the way out. LRH doesn’t deal with 8s. Except to show that they represent infinity of endless entrapment.
Ron deals with 9s. So, there is a 0 condition that exists. It is the one that exists the moment before one decides something. In Scientology jargon this term is called, “AS-IS-NESS. It is the condition of immediate creation without persistence, and is the condition which exists at the moment of creation and at the moment of destruction and is different from other considerations in that it does not contain survival.� All of the other 8 conditions contain survival. This one does not. It is the null. It is the 0.
The way to trap a being is to give them a datum, which contradicts itself in a perfectly even balance. We will call this the “goals-problems-mass.� Per Scientology technical Dictionary definition number 4: It is a problem created by two or more opposing ideas, which being opposed, balanced, and unresolved, make a mass�. It freezes a person. He cannot move or act. This creates the null, the 0.
Scientology Technical Dictionary definition # 2 States, “As-is-ness would be the condition created again in the same time, in the same space, with the same energy and the same mass, the same motion and the same time continuum. Only by doing this would he know the way out. This requires looking at the “goals-problems-mass.�
Seeing it for what it is and making a decision, the “goals-problems-mass� vanishes and he is free to move again.
Here is an example. A person wants to go to the beach at 8:00. He also wants to go to the movies at 8:00. He cannot move. He has a conflict and is frozen. It is only when he makes a decision that the problem vanishes.
Here is another example. A person knows that he must look in order to solve a problem. He is then told that he cannot look. This creates the “goals-problems-mass� and he cannot move.
That is one way to trap a being.
There is also another way.
In the above example, a person had a conflict, “Do I go to the Beach at 8:00 or do I go to the movies at 8:00?� If one of the friends covertly sticks a sign on the beach that says, “the beach will be closed at 8:00,� then the decision is essentially made for him and he will choose to go to the movies.
In normal life, one can pick and choose who his friends are. Most people love to communicate and have a natural urge to do so. In Scientology, some of your friends and enemies are chosen for you. For example, a Scientologist does not have the right to communicate to anyone who has been labeled a “suppressive� by the Church.
The Creed of the Church of Scientology states, “man is basically good.� Their Public Relations line is full of such statements.
L Ron Hubbard then created the idea of a “Suppressive Person� According to Hubbard, a suppressive persons is basically bad. In fact, he is psychotic and has the ever-present intention to harm or destroy. Anyone who listens to the suppressive person is deemed to be somewhat crazy himself and is called “a potential trouble source (PTS). This creates the “goals- problems-mass� for anyone wanting to speak to the suppressive person.
L. Ron Hubbard put a sign on the beach by issuing a technology showing precisely how this new enemy was to be dealt with.
(Insert picture)
As part of this new and wonderful “technology� Ron essentially influenced the decisions of his followers by issuing the following bulletin:�
PTSness and Disconnection� dated 10 September 1983 states: “In truth, an SP is absolutely, completely terrified of anyone becoming more powerful. In such an instance the PTS isn’t going to get anywhere trying to “handle� the person. The answer is to sever the connection.� Note: PTS stands for “potential trouble source� It is, in short, anyone connected to a suppressive person.
“ Example: A pc is connected to a person or group that has been declared suppressive by HCO (Hubbard Communication Office) in a public ethics order. He should disconnect and, if he wants to inform the SP of the fact, he may write a letter of disconnection. Such a letter would be very straightforward. It would state the fact of the disconnection and the reason for it. It would not be misemotional or accusative, since this would only serve to stir up further antagonism. The letter would be inspected by the ethics officer before it was sent and copies kept for the PTS persons own ethics file and pc folder. No attempt would be made to establish communication with the declared SP to “clear matters up or to seek to reform the SP. The SP’s reform is strictly in the hands of HCO. The PTS simply disconnects.� Note: PC stands for pre-clear and roughly means anyone getting Scientology
What this means is that the “SP� is immediately shut-off and never gets a chance to tell his side of the story.
Here is an example of before (play tape) and after (play tape) I was silenced.
I had a custody hearing yesterday and I was not permitted to introduce the above policy into evidence. It was deemed “hearsay.� My lawyer told me later that unless the person who wrote it is actually present in court, no such evidence is admissible. That’s just great. LRH is dead!
I guess this explains why he was in hiding the last few years of his life and why the original affirmations were returned to him. It kind of makes you wonder about justice these days. Doesn’t it?
Here is the second to last communication from my son. (Play tape)
My son, Tilian, did actually come home to Clearwater, but never came by to see me. Finally, I talked to him one last time and he said that he didn’t want see me anymore. I learned that he had a special “PTS� handling at ABLE (Association for Better Living and Education (in Los Angeles, prior to coming home. That is where my daughter, Yarwijn, has signed a billion year contract to work for 50 cents an hour or so, “saving the planet.�
(Insert Picture of Yarwijn and Tilian)
Other policies have been issued to prevent “suppressive people� from communicating to anyone in the church, except the “ethics person.� Here is one of them:
“Critics of Scientology� dated 5 November 1967 says this:
“Those who are not Scientologists are left in complete ignorance of the motives of the dishonest. And they have no chance of personal immortality. It is as simple as that. It is better to be endangered with a chance than to be condemned utterly and without one�.
“Those who criticize one for being a Scientologist or make snide comments cannot stand a personal survey of past actions or motive. This happens to be a fortunate fact for us. The criminal abhors daylight. And we are the daylight.�
“Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known or unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes exist. Because they do�.
Did any of you non-Scientologists get that? According to Hubbard, “You have no chance of personal immortality.�
This is what Ron had to say about “your God� and “your immortality�:
(Play tape)
How’s that? It is straight from the mouth of the Anti-Christ himself.
There is more…
L Ron Hubbard issued the policy, “Third Party Law� on 26 December 1968. In it he said the following:
“A third party must be present and unknown in every quarrel for a conflict to exist.�
“For a quarrel to occur, an unknown third party must be active in producing it between two potential opponents.�
“While it is commonly believed to take two to make a fight, a third party must exist and must develop it for actual conflict to occur.�
Well guess what? L Ron Hubbard has been the unknown “third party� the entire time. He has developed the conflict between my family and me by creating the evil technology of how to “handle suppressive persons�.
He goes on to say:
“The hidden third party, seeming at times to be a supporter of only one side, is to be found as the instigator.�
Guess what? He is only supporting one side now. And it sure is not mine!
Why do you think he knew all about this?
I’ll tell you when I return. "

http://lermanet.com/creed-pearson/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:57 am 

It is instructive to read various links about Crowley, Satanism and the Occult on Wikipedia. Particularly the article on Satanism and the articles on the right-hand path and left-hand path.

Take some time and click through to various links and read those.

scientology stands out as clearly (ahem) a left-hand path persuit.

Michael Leonard Tilse

Post subject: demonic, soul-eating cult that brooks no dissent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm 

(Celebritology) Wash Post Blog

If I were Hayes' publicist (or, like, Church of Scientology handler), I'd
be spinning pretty hard right now to get him to reconsider. Resigning
shortly after an episode poking fun at Scientology can't help but be viewed
as knee jerk and intolerant. It would be like Robin Quivers suddenly
disapproving of Howard Stern's jokes about African-Americans, his continued
bits with KKK member Daniel Carver or denouncing his naked stripper guests
as denigrating to women. Or like Isaac Hayes decrying "Shaft" as
blaxploitation.
The Post's Gene Weingarten sums it up nicely:

"a central problem here for the Scientology spinners, is that Hayes's action makes Scientologists look like what many, many people assume they are: intolerant, humorless, and under the thrall of a demonic, soul-eating cult that brooks no dissent."

Conveniently, the Scientology-lampooning episode, "Trapped in the Closet"
is set to air again tonight on Comedy Central. Dismissed as coincidence

Iphoenix...how is it disrespectful to equate Scientology with Satanism? L
Ron was a known Satanist before he started the cult...If anything,
Scientologist should welcome the connection.
Posted by: mighty! | March 15, 2006 04:19 PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:56 pm 

Hubbard and Black Magick
The Adeptus Exemptus
"Like surrealism, occultism tries to break the domination of rational philosophy and logic, stressed by Descartes. Occultism is based on the belief in a higher reality of certain forms of association through the cabbala, faith in the power of dream- and trance-images, and in the stream of words uncensored by the intellect."
- P. R. Koenig, "Ecstatic Creation of Culture"

"Hubbard had experienced a peculiar hallucination in 1938, while under nitrous oxide during a dental operation. He believed that he had died during the operation and while dead been shown a great wealth of knowledge."
- Tony McClelland, "The Total Freedom Trap"

According to Forrest Ackerman, Hubbard's former literary agent, Hubbard's vision appeared when he "died" on an operating table during the war.

"Basically what he told me was that after he died he rose in spirit form and looked back on the body he had formerly inhabited. Over yonder he saw a fantastic great gate, elaborately carved like something you'd see in Baghdad or ancient China. As he wafted towards it, the gate opened and just beyond he could see a kind of intellectual smorgasbord on which was outlined everything that had ever puzzled the mind of man. All the questions that had concerned philosophers through the ages - When did the world begin? Was there a God? Whither goest we? - were there answered. All this information came flooding into him and while he was absorbing it, there was a sort of flustering in the air and he felt something like a long umbilical cord pulling him back. He was saying 'No, no, not yet!', but he was pulled back anyway. After the gates had closed he realized he had re-entered his body."
"According to Ron, he jumped off the operating table, ran to his Quonset hut, got two reams of paper and a gallon of scalding black coffee and for the next 48 hours, at a blinking rate, he wrote a work called Excalibur, or The Dark Sword"

Hubbard "said that as he shopped the manuscript around, the people who read it either went insane or committed suicide. The last time he showed it to a publisher, he was sitting in an office waiting for a reader to give his opinion. The reader walked into the office, tossed the manuscript on the desk and then threw himself out of the window."
"He said it was in a bank vault and it was going to stay there. I think he was quite sincere. He seemed like a man who had seen too many people go crazy or commit suicide, who had enough on his conscience already. I never did get to see the manuscript or show it to any publisher. In fact, I never encountered anyone who said they had seen it."
- Forrest Ackerman

Art Burks, a fellow writer, did see the manuscript, but in 1938.

"He told me it was going to revolutionize everything: the world, people's attitudes to one another. He thought it would have a greater impact upon people than the Bible."
- Art Burks

"Burk's recollection of the manuscript was that it was about seventy thousand words long and began with a fable about a king who gathered all his wise men together and commanded them to bring him all the wisdom of the world in five hundred books. He then told them to go away and condense the information into one hundred books. When they had done that, he wanted the wisdom reduced into one book and finally one word. That word was 'survive'."
- Russell Miller, Bare-Faced Messiah

Yes, There Was a Book Called "Excalibur" by L. Ron Hubbard
Arthur Burks recalls many fascinating details in the unpublished novel

"Hubbard had clear connections to the occult. Even in the first publication of Dianetics in 'Astounding Science Fiction' [May 1950 p. 66], Hubbard in explaining how he did his 'research' into what the mind was doing, says he used 'automatic writing, speaking and clairvoyance'."
- Jeff Jacobsen, "The Hubbard is Bare"

"Scientology bears substantial resemblance to much other contemporary trance channeled material."
- Dissertation Abstracts, 1954, volume 14, page 390

"Hubbard's intense curiosity about the mind's power led him into a friendship in 1946 [actually August 1945] with rocket fuel scientist John Whiteside Parsons. Parsons was a protege of British satanist Aleister Crowley and leader of a black-magic group modeled after Crowley's infamous occult lodge in England.
- "LRH, the story of L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Scientology", St. Petersburg Times, June 24, 1990

"Parsons and Hubbard lived in an aging mansion on South Orange Grove Avenue in Pasadena, Calif. The estate was home to an odd mix of Bohemian artists, writers, scientists and occultists. A small domed temple supported by six stone columns stood in the back yard.
"Hubbard met his second wife, Sara Northrup, at the mansion. Although she was Parsons' lover at the time, Hubbard was undeterred. He married Northrup before divorcing his first wife."
- "LRH, the story of L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Scientology", St. Petersburg Times, June 24, 1990

"Although he [Hubbard] has no formal training in Magick, he has an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding in the field. From some of his experiences I deduce that he is in direct contact with some higher intelligence, possibly his Guardian Angel ... He is the most Thelemic person I have ever met, and is in complete accord with our own principles ... I think I have made a great gain, and as Betty [Sara Northrup] and I are the best of friends there is little loss. I cared for her rather deeply, but I have no desire to control her emotions, and I can, I hope, control my own. I need a magical partner. I have many experiments in mind..."
- Parsons in a letter to Crowley (late 1945)

"Long before the 1960s counterculture, some residents of the estate smoked marijuana and embraced a philosophy of promiscuous, ritualistic sex."
- - "LRH, the story of L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Scientology", St. Petersburg Times, June 24, 1990

Aleister Crowley had sought to bring into being an Anti-Christ:
A "living being in form resembling man, and possessing those qualities of man which distinguish him from beasts, namely intellect and power of speech, but neither begotten in the manner of human generation, nor inhabited by a human soul."
- Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law

"The core of this Working [by Parsons] consisted of the utilisation of the Enochian Tablet of Air, or rather a specific angle of it. This was to be the focus of VIII* sexual magick, with the purpose of giving substance to the elemental summons. Parsons continued with this for eleven days, evoking twice daily. He noted various psychic phenomena during this period, but felt discouraged by the apparent failure of the Operation. However, success followed several days later."
- Michael Staley, "The Babalon Working"

"The feeling of tension and unease continued for four days. Then on January 18 [1946] at sunset, whilst the Scribe and I were on the Mojave Desert, the feeling of tension suddenly stopped. I turned to him and said 'it is done', in absolute certainty that the Operation was accomplished. I returned home, and found a young woman [Marjorie Cameron] answering the requirements waiting for me. She is describable as an air of fire type with bronze red hair, fiery and subtle, determined and obstinate, sincere and perverse, with extraordinary personality, talent and intelligence. During the period of January 19 to February 27 I invoked the Goddess BABALON [a particular aspect of the Egyptian goddess Nuit] with the aid of magical partner (Ron Hubbard), as was proper to one of my grade."

Reportedly the words of Babalon, consisting of 77 short verses, communicated to Parsons by unknown means in the Mohave desert at the end of February, "Liber 49 contains instructions for the earthing of this Babalon current in the form of an avatar, daughter or manifestation of Babalon, who was to appear amongst us. It would seem that Parsons was expecting a full-blown incarnation, and not simply the inauguration of a force."

"With the assistance of his new friend [L. Ron Hubbard], he [Jack Parsons] intended to try and create a 'moonchild' - a magical child 'mightier than all the kings of the earth', whose birth had been prophesied in the Book of the Law more than forty years earlier."

"The Aeon of Horus is of the nature of a child. To perceive this, we must conceive of the nature of a child without the veil of sentimentality - beyond good and evil, perfectly gentle, perfectly ruthless, containing all possibilities within the limits of heredity, and highly susceptible to training and environment. But the nature of Horus is also the nature of force - blind, terrible, unlimited force."
- Aleister Crowley (unpublished paper)

"On March 1 and 2, 1946, I prepared the altar and equipment in accordance with the instructions in Liber 49. The Scribe, Ron Hubbard, had been away about a week, and knew nothing of my invocation of BABALON, which I had kept entirely secret. On the night of March 2 he returned, and described a vision he had had that evening, of a savage and beautiful woman riding naked on a great cat-like beast. He was impressed with the urgent necessity of giving me some message or communication. We prepared magically for this communication, constructing a temple at the altar with the analysis of the key word. He was robed in white, carrying a lamp; and I in black, hooded, with the cup and dagger. At his suggestion we played Rachmaninov's Isle of the Dead as background music, and set an automatic recorder to transcribe audible occurrences. At approximately 8 am he began to dictate, I transcribing directly as I received."

On March 2, 1946, Hubbard, Parsons and Marjorie Cameron, the "scarlet women" engaged in sexual rites in the Ordo Templi Orientis lodge in South Orange California. Hubbard, as scribe, intoned:

"Make a box of blackness at ten o'clock. Smear the vessel which contains flame with thine own blood. Destroy at the altar a thing of value. Remain in perfect silence and heed the voice of our Lady. Speak not of this ritual or of her coming to any person...
"Display thyself to Our Lady; dedicate thy organs to Her, dedicate thy heart to Her, dedicate thy mind to Her, dedicate thy soul to Her, for She shall absorb thee, and thou shalt become living flame before She incarnates..."

"The neighbors began protesting when the rituals called for a naked pregnant woman to jump nine times through fire in the yard."
- L. Sprague de Camp (science-fiction author who knew both Hubbard and Parsons)

"Apparently Parsons or Hubbard or somebody is producing a Moonchild. I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these louts."
- Aleister Crowley, in a letter to the head of the OTO in the U.S.

"After the Babalon Working had been concluded, all that Parsons could do was watch and wait. He had been told that the Operation had succeeded, that conception had occurred, and that in due course the avatar or Daughter of Babalon would come to him, bearing a secret sign that Parsons alone would recognise, and which would prove her authenticity. Hubbard, though, had rather more mundane considerations on his mind, and several weeks later he and Betty absconded with a vast amount of Parsons' money. This amounted to many thousands of dollars as an investment in Allied Enterprises, a fund set up by Parsons, Betty and Hubbard, and into which Parsons was pursuaded to sink most of his savings."

"About J.W.P. - all that I can say is that I am sorry - I feel sure that he had fine ideas, but he was led astray firstly by Smith [former head of the Agapé Lodge of the O.T.O. in California], then he was robbed of his last penny by a confidence man named Hubbard."
- Aleister Crowley, in a letter to Louis T. Culling (October 1946)

"Hubbard and Parsons finally had a falling out over a sailboat sales venture [Allied Enterprises] that ended in a court dispute between the two. In later years, Hubbard tried to distance himself from his embarrassing association with Parsons, who was founder of a government rocket project at the California Institute of Technology that later evolved into the famed Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Parsons died in 1952 when a chemical explosion ripped through his garage lab."
"Hubbard insisted that he had been working undercover for Naval Intelligence to break up black magic in America and to investigate links between the occultists and prominent scientists at the Parsons' mansion. Hubbard said the mission was so successful that the house was razed and the black-magic group was dispersed. But Parsons' widow, Cameron, disputed Hubbard's account in a brief interview with the Los Angeles Times. She said the two men 'liked each other very much' and 'felt they were ushering in a force that was going to change things'."

"Hubbard continued the practice of Magick after leaving Parsons....The 'Affirmations' are voluminous. The introduction alone runs to thirty pages. They are in Ron Hubbard's own hand. Only a tiny portion was read into the court record [during the Armstrong case], and the originals were held under court seal. In the 'Affirmations' Hubbard hypnotized himself to believe that all of humanity and all discarnate beings were bound to him in slavery. Mary Sue Hubbard's attorney claimed these statements were part of Hubbard's 'research'.
"Also under court seal was a document with the tantalizing title 'the Blood Ritual'. The title was Hubbard's own. This document was apparently so sensitive that no part of it was read into the record. The Scientology lawyer asserted that the deity invoked in 'The Blood Ritual' is an Egyptian god of Love.

Parson had mentioned Hubbard's guardian angel, 'The Empress'. Nibs Hubbard says his father also called his guardian angel Hathor, or Hathoor. Hathor is an Egyptian goddess, the daughter and mother of the great sun god Amon-Ra, the principal Egyptian deity. She was depicted as a winged and spotted cow feeding humanity; a goddess of Love and Beauty. But she had a second aspect, not always mentioned in texts on Egyptian mythology, that of the 'avenging lioness', Sekmet, a destructive force. One authority has called her 'the destroyer of man'. This is the 'God of Love' to whom 'The Blood Ritual' ceremony was dedicated. Since doing my research I have seen a copy of 'The Blood Ritual', and it is indeed addressed to Hathor. Nuit, Re, Mammon and Osiris are also invoked. The ceremony consisted of Ron and his then wife mingling their blood to become one."

"Arthur Burks has left an account of a meeting with Hubbard before the Second War, where Hubbard said that his guardian angel, a 'smiling woman', protected him when he was flying gliders. One early Dianeticist asked Hubbard how he had managed to write Dianetics: the Modern Science of Mental Health in three weeks. Hubbard said it was produced through automatic writing, dictated by an entity called the 'Empress'. In Crowley's Tarot, the Empress card represents, among other things, debauchery, and Crowley also associated the card with Hathor.
"To Crowley, Babalon was a manifestation of the Hindu goddess Shakti, who in one of her aspects is also called the 'destroyer of man'. It seems that to Hubbard, Babalon, Hathor, and the Empress were synonymous, and he was trying to conjure his 'Guardian Angel' in the form of a servile homunculus to he could control the 'destroyer of man'.
"There was also a correspondence between Diana and Isis to Crowley, and the Empress card represented not only Hathor, but Isis, in Crowley's system. Diana is the patroness of witchcraft. Hubbard later called one of his daughters Diana, and the name of the first Sea Org yacht was changed from Enchanter to Diana."
- Jon Atack, A Piece of Blue Sky

Use of Magick in Scientology

"The whole and sole object of all true magickal training is to become free from every kind of limitation."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice

"Our whole activity tends to make an individual completely independent of any limitation."
- L. Ron Hubbard, Philadelphia Doctorate Course lecture (December, 1952)

"Conventional religions, with their colorful mythologies analyzed in terms of the underlying philosophical principles, represent simply the primitive longing of man to feel 'at one' with the Universal harmony he perceives about him. 'White' magic, as advocated by primitive pagan and modern institutional religions, offers devotees the illusion of 're-inclusion' in the Universal scheme of things through various ritualistic devotions and superstitions.
"The Black Magician, on the other hand, rejects both the desirability of union with the Universe and any self-deceptive antics designed to create such an illusion. He has considered the existence of the individual psyche - the 'core you' of your conscious intelligence - and has taken satisfaction from its existence as something unlike anything else in the Universe. The Black Magician desires this psyche to live, to experience, and to continue. He does not wish to die - or to lose his consciousness and identity in a larger, Universal consciousness [assuming that such exists]. He wants to be."
-- John Youril, "The Temple of Set FAQ"

Hubbard defines operating thetan, a spiritual being freed by Scientology practices as "an individual who could *operate* totally independently of his body whether he had one or didn't have one. He's now himself, he's not dependent on the universe around him."
- Scientology Technical Dictionary

"In the Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures taped in 1952, Hubbard discusses occult magic of the middle ages, and recommends a current book - 'it's fascinating work in itself, and that's work written by Aleister Crowley, the late Aleister Crowley, my very good friend.' The book recommended was The Master Therion, (published in London in 1929) later re-released as Magick in Theory and Practise. L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. asserts that during the time when the Philadelphia course was given his father would read Crowley's works 'in preparation for the next day's lecture...'

"...In these runes I are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him not seek to try: But one cometh after him . . . who shall discouer the key to it all?"
- Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law

"According to Ron Jr., his father considered himself to be the one 'who came after'; that he was Crowley's successor; that he had taken on the mantle of the 'Great Beast'. He told him that Scientology actually began on December the Ist, 1947. This was the day Aleister Crowley died."
- Brent Corydon, Messiah or Madman

"There are interesting similarities between Crowley's writings and the teachings of Hubbard. Dianetics' Time Track, in which every incident in a person's life is chronologically recorded in full in the mind, is quite similar to Crowley's Magical Memory. The Magical Memory is developed over time until ''memories of childhood reawaken which were previously forgotten, and memories of previous incarnations are recalled as well'. Hubbard gives examples in the Philadelphia Doctorate Course of several people remembering lives earlier on earth, some up to a million years ago. The similarity between the Magical Memory and Time Track, then, is that they both can recall every past incident in a person's life, they both can recall incidents from past lives, and they both must be developed by certain techniques in order to make use of them. Both Hubbard and Crowley consider it important to have the person recall his or her birth."

"Having allowed the mind to return for some hundred times to the hour of birth, it should be encouraged to endeavour to penetrate beyond that period."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick

"After twenty runs through birth, the patient experienced a recession of all somatics and 'unconsciousness' and aberrative content." "Thus there was no inhibition about looking earlier than birth for what Dianetics had begun to call basic-basic."
- L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics

"Both Hubbard and Crowley are avowedly anti-psychiatry."

"Official psychoanalysis is therefore committed to upholding a fraud...Psychoanalysts have misinterpreted life, and announced the absurdity that every human being is essentially an anti-social, criminal, and insane animal."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick

"Hubbard considered that psychiatry controlled most of society and was struggling to create their own 1984 world. Hubbard and Crowley both posit the ability of the person to leave his or her body at times. Crowley states that the way to learn to leave your body is to mock up a body like your own in front of your physical body. Eventually you will learn to leave your physical body with your 'astral body' and travel and view at will without physical restrictions. Hubbard teaches the same, and his method of "exteriorization" is to tell the person to 'have preclear mock up own body', which will send the person outside his body."

"Both Crowley and Hubbard use an equilateral triangle pointing up in a circle as one of their group's symbols. Both use Volume 0 instead of Volume 1 to begin enumerating their works. One could go on for quite some time listing the similarities between Crowley's and Hubbard's theories and writings, but for more the reader is encouraged to look for him or herself.
"In Crowley's Organization are several grade levels. To reach the Grade of Adeptus Exemptus 'The Adept must prepare and publish a thesis setting forth His knowledge of the Universe, and his proposals for its welfare and progress. He will thus be known as the leader of a school of thought.' [Magick] It is apparent that Hubbard has fulfilled this requirement."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:14 am 

Very interesting thread.

I remain undecided on the actual magnitude of influence Ron's experience with the OTO had on his development of Scn. But I certainly have in the past FELT some similarity at times when I was using intention in Scn to how I imagined it would be used in the occult.

Some days ago I came across some information on an internet site http://www.gaiaguys.net/oto.bankruptcy.htm involving some fairgamish behaviour by the OTO in an effort to silence critics. There is interesting reference to the Book of the Law on the site too:

III,42:"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch! Them that seek to entrap thee, to overthrow thee, them attack without pity or quarter; & destroy them utterly. Swift as a trodden serpent turn and strike! Be thou yet deadlier than he! Drag down their souls to awful torment: laugh at their fear: spit upon them!"

If you have the time skim the site and draw your conclusions as far as influence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:58 am 

Arnie,
I find all this ...*speachless* So tell me if you will. Was Hubbard about doing what others have attempted over the Ages..asin ushering in an Age of 'Darkness'? Or was he trying to give himself Immortality through the adherents of the 'tech'. I have many many more questions Id ask..but I'll just stick with the two. Blue Stearks post of Creeds 'Doubt Formula' was great to read again..and your post was....*again speachless*

Post subject: Stepping into it
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:44 pm 

In my own estimation, success for me, is defined by how many recovering scientologists can be brought closer to the full understanding of what happened to them, and how it was done, technically.

I dont know it all, but I find it becoming more infrequent to find those who are able to teach me something about this that I dont already have a familiarity.

I have spent 12 years deconstructing scientology.

I have underestimated the degree of evil they are willing to create repeatedly.

That members are willing to read my words - ( which is the same willingness that is attacked so vociferously by scientology's office of disinformation... ) means that they will not take 12 years to reach the same point.

Members are supposed to think that Hubbard was groovey and the organization's management is incompetent...

But THAT WAS ALSO PART OF THE PLAN...

For scientology to grow, its victims must be intimidated into being silent.

Those that are curently feeling this way...,hmm, let me be a little more specific...

If Scientology is in ANY WAY affecting your conduct NOW, then to that same degree that you are allowing them to control your conduct, that is, to some degree :

you are still embedded in the scientology nightmare.

If fear of harrasment is keeping you silent, why are you more important than the next victim of scientology, who would be assisted by your speech?

If fear of disconnection is keeping you silent....instead of living in a purgatory of fear of consequences, why not take a stand.. and GO FOR IT... go for the heart of the beast that breaks up families....instead of shivering in fear that Scientology might enforce disconnection? ( as I type this I feel that when it comes to family members the decision is such a personal one that I cannot be critical of those who take the low road of indirectly assisting silentology for fear of family consequences)

If the fear of having all those little dirty nasty secrets revealed, the ones you thought were confidential.. then understand that you are being BLACKMAILED into Silence and frankly scarlet, I have found that nobody gives a damn...its all in your mind just as Hubbard intended..like that little cute hangaroo.

If there ever was a time to speak out publicly...

NOW IS THE TIME.

Arnie Lerma and the
Recovering Scientologists at
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than to live fearing to speake

Post subject: Re: Stepping into it
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:53 pm 

lermanet_com wrote:

Sorry, man - but you strike me as funny.
You watch a bunch of fireworks through BINOCULARS - and think it's a ruse meant to intimidate you.
Are you fucking kidding?
How delusional can somebody be, man?

Somebody celebrates and sets off fireworks, apparently even far away from you, since you watch through binoculars.
But the conclusion you draw isn't that it's American fun and fireworks.
No! Your conclusion is that it's about you.
That Scientology is trying to set a secret signal (that nobody would understand as such) for you.

What the fuck?
Funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:02 pm 

Jack's Wasted Life wrote:
lermanet_com wrote:

Sorry, man - but you strike me as funny.
You watch a bunch of fireworks through BINOCULARS - and think it's a ruse meant to intimidate you.
Are you fucking kidding?
How delusional can somebody be, man?

Somebody celebrates and sets off fireworks, apparently even far away from you, since you watch through binoculars.
But the conclusion you draw isn't that it's American fun and fireworks.
No! Your conclusion is that it's about you.
That Scientology is trying to set a secret signal (that nobody would understand as such) for you.

What the fuck?
Funny.

You made the allegation, not I, I just described the events...I suppose you are doing the best you can to accomplish whatever it is you feel is important to do, or perhaps you are a sociopathic personality, but telling the difference between a sociopath and a scientologist, is a distinction without a difference in miserable results...

Regards,

]Arnie Lerma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:29 pm 

lermanet_com wrote:
You made the allegation, not I, I just described the events...

Really?

lermanet_com wrote:
This all seems like an extraordinarily expensive ruse,
I wonder for whose benefit it was contrived?

Sincerely
Arnie Lerma

Oh - and not all sociopaths are miserable.
I'm the type of sociopath that laughs at people - and I laugh a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:08 pm 

The whole 'Black Magick' side of research is most telling I think, but the idea that Hubbards design to have himself live on through other people is probably just my own interpretation of how I personally felt about what had happened to me. When one thinks back to what they were a part of..they were in fact an incarnation of Hubbard himself to a degree. Talking like the toad, thinking like the toad..BECOMING the toad Hubbard in a sense.

From reading Creeds pages and your pages and other pages that revolve around the FACTS of what Hubbard was into with Parsons personally and based on Crowleys 'beliefs'..it's not so fanciful for me to think Hubbard was wanting to bring forth a form a Darkness that Civilization has never known before..not as WE know I'd say.

Whatever the case may be..Hubbard was in fact a bitter and twisted man who wanted nothing for than his own gain at any cost. A truly dispicable life force indeed. IMHO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:11 pm 

'Alert' wrote:
Whatever the case may be..Hubbard was in fact a bitter and twisted man who wanted nothing for than his own gain at any cost. A truly dispicable life force indeed. IMHO!

Isn't getting what you want at any cost part of the American dream?
I'm not trying to defend Hubbard, whom I think to be a madman.
Just asking about your statement.

Look at EXXON, Haliburton and many other great successful American companies.
Getting what you want at any cost and fuck the rest and morals - that's what America was built on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:03 pm 

ARNIE
"Also under court seal was a document with the tantalizing title 'the Blood Ritual'. The title was Hubbard's own. This document was apparently so sensitive that no part of it was read into the record. The Scientology lawyer asserted that the deity invoked in 'The Blood Ritual' is an Egyptian god of Love.

BB
Is there anyway to get these made public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:15 pm 

L. Ron Hubbard and the Occult

Scientology is a twisting together of many threads. Ron Hubbard's first system, Dianetics, which emerged in 1950, owes much to early Freudian ideas (2). For example, Hubbard's "Reactive Mind" obviously derives from Freud's "Unconscious". The notion that this mind thinks in identities comes from Korzybski's General Semantics. Initially, before deciding that he was the sole source of Dianetics and Scientology (3), Hubbard acknowledged his debt to these thinkers (4).

Dianetics bears marked similarites to work reported by American psychiatrists Grinker and Speigel (5) and English psychiatrist William Sargant (6). The first edition of Hubbard's 1950 text Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health (7) carried an advertisment for a book published a year earlier (8). Psychiatrist Nandor Fodor had been writing about his belief in the residual effects of the birth trauma for some years, following in the footsteps of Otto Rank. In lectures given in 1950, Hubbard also referred to works on hynopsis which had obviously influenced his techniques (9). The very name "Dianetics"

probably owes something to the, at the time, highly popular subject of Cybernetics. (10).

By 1952, Hubbard had lost the rights to Dianetics, having bailed out just before the bankruptcy of the original Hubbard Research Foundation. He had also managed to avoid the charges brought against that Foundation by the New Jersey Medical Association for teaching medicine without a license (11). In a matter of days in the early spring of 1952, Hubbard moved from his purported "science of mental health" into the territory of reincarnation and spirit possession. He called his new subject Scientology, claiming that the name derived for "scio" and "logos" and meant "knowing how to know". However, Hubbard was notorious for his sly humour and "scio" might also refer to the Greek word for a "shade" or "ghost". Scientology itself had already been used at the turn of the century to mean "pseudo-science" and in something close to Hubbard's meaning in 1934 by one of the proponents of Aryan racial theory (12). Other possible links between Hubbard's thought and that of the Nazis will be made clear later in this paper.

Scientology seems to be a hybrid of science-fiction and magic.

Hubbard's reflection on philosophy seem to derive largely from Will Durant's Story of Philosophy (13) and the works of Aleister Crowley.

Aleister Crowley is surely the most famous black magician of the twentieth-century. It is impossible to arrive at an understanding of Scientology without taking into account its creator's extensive involvement with magic. The trail has been so well obscured in the past that even such a scholar as Professor Gordon Melton has been deceived into the opinion that Hubbard was not a practitioner of ritual magic and that Scientology is not related to magical beliefs and practices. In the book A Piece of Blue Sky, I explored these connections in detail. The revealations surrounding Hubbard's private papers in the 1984 Armstrong case in California makes any denial of the connections fatuous. The significances of these connections is of course open to discussion.

The chapter in A Piece of Blue Sky that describes Hubbard's involvement with the ideas of magic is called His Magickal Career. I hope I shall be excused for relying upon it. I shall also here describe further research, and comment particularly upon Hubbard's use of magical symbols, and the inescapable view that many of the beliefs and practices of Scientology are a reformation of ritual magic (14).

In 1984, a former close colleague of Hubbard's told me that thirty years before when asked how he had managed to write Dianetics: The Modern Science Of Mental Health in just three weeks, Hubbard had replied that it had been automatic writing. He said that the book had been dictated by "the Empress". At the time, I had no idea who or what "the Empress" might be. Later, I noticed that in an article printed immediately prior to the book Dianetics, Hubbard had openly admitted to his use of "automatic writing, speaking and clairvoyance" (15).

However, it took several years to understand this tantalising reference to the Empress.

In the 1930's, Hubbard became friendly with fellow adventure writer Arthur J. Burks. Burks described an encounter with "the Redhead" in his book Monitors. The text makes it clear that "the Redhead" is none other than Ron Hubbard. Burk said that when the Redhead had been flying gliders he would be saved from trouble by a "smiling woman" who would appear on the aircraft's wing (16). Burk put forward the view that this was the Redhead's "monitor" or guardian angel.

In 1945, Hubbard became involved with Crowley's acolyte, Jack Parsons.

Parsons wrote to Crowley that Hubbard had "described his angel as a beautiful winged women with red hair, whom he calls the Empress, and who had guided him through his life and saved him many times." In the Crowleyite system, adherents seek contact with their "Holy Guardian Angel".

John Whiteside Parsons, usually known as Jack, first met Hubbard at a party in August 1945. When his terminal leave from the US Navy began, on Dec 6th, 1945, Hubbard went straight to Parsons' house in Pasadena, and took up residence in a trailer in the yard. Parsons was a young chemist who had helped set up Jet Propulsion Laboratories and was one of the innovators of solid fuel for rockets. Parsons was besotted with Crowley's Sex Magick, and had recently become head of the Agape Lodge of the Church of Thelema in Los Angeles. The Agape Lodge was an aspect of the Ordo Templi Orientis, the small international group headed by Aleister Crowley.

Parsons' girlfriend soon transferred her affection to Hubbard. With her, Hubbard and Parsons formed a business partnership, as a consequence of which Parsons lost most of his money to Hubbard.

However, before Hubbard ran away with the loot, he and Parsons participated in magical rituals which have received great attention among contemporary practitioners.

Parsons and Hubbard together performed their own version of the secret eighth degree ritual (17) of the Ordo Templi Orientiis in January 1946. The ritual is called "concerning the secret marriage of gods with men" or "the magical masturbation" and is usually a homosexual ritual. The purpose of this ritual was to attract a women willing to participate in the next stage of Hubbard and Parsons' Sex Magick.

Hubbard and Parsons were attempting the most daring magical feat imaginable. They were trying to incarnate the Scarlet Woman described in the Book of Revelation as "Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlot and Abominations of the Earth...drunken with the blood of saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus."(18). During the rituals, Parsons described Babalon as "mother of anarchy and abominations". The women who they believed had answered their call, Majorie Cameron, joined in with their sexual rituals in March 1946.

Parsons used a recording machine to keep a record of his ceremonies.

He also kept Crowley informed by letter. The correspondence still exists. Crowley wrote to his deputy in New York "I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these louts".

Crowley was being disingenous. His own novel The Moonchild describes a ritual with a similar purpose. Further, the secret IXth degree ritual of the Ordo Templi Orientis (19) contains "Of the Homunculus" in which the adept seeks to create a human embodiment of one of the energies of nature - a god or goddess. the ritual says "to it thou are Sole God and Lord, and it must serve thee."

In fact, Hubbard and Parsons were committing sacrilege in Crowley's terms. Crowley respelled "Babylon" as he respelled "magic". His magick was entirely dedicated to Babalon, the Scarlet Woman. Crowley believed himself the servant and slave of Babalon, the antichrist, styling himself "The Beast, 666". For anyone to try to incarnate and control the goddess must have been an impossible blasphemy to him. Crowley, after all, called Babalon "Our Lady".

Hubbard and Parsons attempt did not end with the conception of a human child. However, just as Crowley said that "Gods are but names for the forces of Nature themselves" (21), so it might be speculated that Hubbard embodied Babalon not in human form, but through his organization.

Parsons sued Hubbard in Florida in July 1946, managing to regain a little of his money. The record of their rituals was later transcribed and has since been published as The Babalon Working (22). Parsons made a return to Magick, writing The Book of The Antichrist in 1949 (23).

Parsons pronounced himself the Antichrist. In a scientology text, Hubbard spoke favourably of Parsons, making no mention of their magical liason (24). A Piece of Blue Sky covers Hubbard's involvement with Parsons in much greater detail than I have given here.

Hubbard's interest in the occult was kindled long before he met Parsons. It dates back at least to his membership of the Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis or AMORC, in 1940. Hubbard had completed the first two neophyte degrees before his membership lapsed, and later there were private complaints that he had incorporated some of the teaching he had promised to keep secret into Scientology (25).

Having stolen Parsons' girl and his money, Hubbard carried on with magical practices of his own devising. Scientology attempted to reclaim documents which recorded these practices in its case against former Hubbard archivist Gerald Armstrong. Some $280,000 was paid to publishers Ralston Pilot to prevent publication of Omar Garrison's authorised biography of Hubbard. However, Garrison retained copies of thousands of Hubbard's documents and showed me one which had been referred to in the Armstrong trial. The Blood Ritual is an invokation of the Egyptian goddess Hathor, performed by Hubbard during the late 1940's. As the name suggests, the ritual involved the use of blood.

Hubbard mingled his own blood with that of his then wife (the girlfriend he had stolen from Parsons and with whom Hubbard contracted a bigamous marriage.)

In a 1952 Scientology lecture, Hubbard referred to "Aleister Crowley, my very good friend" (26). In fact, the two black magicians never met, and Crowley expressed a very low opinion of the man who he saw had tricked his disciple Jack Parsons. Even so, Hubbard had a very positive regard for Crowley, calling his work "fascinating" (27) and recommending one of his books to Scientologists. Having referred to Crowley as "The Beast 666", Hubbard said that he had "picked a level of religious worship which is very interesting." (28). He also made it clear that he had read the fundamental text of the Crowley teaching, The Book of the Law (29)
Continues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next