Volney Mathison, the inventor of the Scientology E-Meter -

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
User avatar
Whitedove
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by Whitedove » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 pm

I agree Arnie. I'm at work right now and just taking little break here and there and come here to read. I wonder, if someone like me who is not ready to go public but want to do something, I would take that mailing could be a good idea no? Even if the idea already freaks me out as I wonder if they can trace me back?
Just a tought.

On another note, this book is quite amazing. wow! There is that part that really touched me personnally in it. Anyway, Can it be made available to us? I sure would like to read that.

Thanks
Whitedove

User avatar
steppenwolf
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Exiled

THE WALL

Post by steppenwolf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:47 pm

[deleted]

- steppenwolf
Last edited by steppenwolf on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
time
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:40 am
Location: somewhere in time

Post by time » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:38 am

copy the book on your website Arnie. I believe mathison is dead now so it would not be an infringement on his rights.
your time has come

User avatar
'Alert'
Posts: 5219
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Location: Bondi Beach
Contact:

Re: Volney Mathison, the inventor of the Scientology E-Meter -

Post by 'Alert' » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:10 am

lermanet_com wrote:An astute supporter of Lermanet.com acquired a rare copy of
Volney Mathison's book at a rather dear price...
I am pleased to accept this donation to the cause of Exposing the CON!

Readers will find the real reason that Hubbard went to war with
Volney Mathison. Mr. Mathison denounced Hubbard as a fraud
and a Hypnotist!!

and this was in 1954!! IN his book "Creative Image Therapy"
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist4.htm


Chapter 6
THE BODY IS THE INSTRUMENT OF THE PSYCHE

One peculiar situation sometimes is encountered in
cases where creative image therapy is introduced to a
patient who, unfortunately, has read books on the subject of
psychoanalysis or psychiatry. Often such a patient will
wanly inform you that he's sorry, but he can't visualize or
create mental images to save his life. Not a one. It may
be suspected that this type of patient is trying, in his
aberrated way, to impress upon you the awful state of his
case. He's bad off, so far gone he can't even visualize.
He's putting you on notice--unless you are a super-thera-
ist, you'll never be able to aid him. If you happen to get
angry at the fellow, you might as well quit at once. But if
you are just amused, you can agree with him. Inform him it's
common, you have had such cases. Then with assurance and
positiveness, try this: "In this situation there is a useful
substitute. Merely imagine that you can see mental images.
There's no question about it--you can't see them. But anybody
unless dead or unconscious, can imagine or have an idea of
what it would be like if he could create mental images."
This sometimes works!

-----------------

He goes on to discuss a "case' he inherited
from one of those "Scientology" outfits
....describes what he finds...
and then expresses his outrage towards the end:


----------------------

Don't be tricked by any faker, whether he claims to be
holy, "illuminated", or "scientific". There are charlatans
who promise--even through the U. S. mails, so stupidly reck
less are they--to heal or transform you for large sums of
money--some by esoteric "teachings", others by their mere
presence or by their invoking some mysterious Power. The
Power they claim to invoke is genuine--but it functions only
within each of us. It was, is, and probably always will be
here, unlimited.

The faker who hypnotizes you out of your money is not
himself a sane, whole, and happy man--he is usually opera-
ting, puppet-like, on some deep, uncleared set of sub
conscious image patterns as brutal as those of some stray
killer shark.

----------------------


Creative Image Therapy
by Volney G Mathison

(c) 1954 by Matheson Electropsychometers International

This is MUST READ for Freezoners too
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist4.htm

Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
lermanet_com wrote:THE MOST CRUEL FRAUD

The most cruel fraud ever perpetrated upon a nervous,
distressed, unhappy or sick human being is to say to him
or to her, in effect,--- the cure for all this is more
'positive thinking.' This advice, BY ITSELF, is ruthlessly
brutal. No troubled person ever wilfully and deliberately
thinks "negatively." He does so solely and only because
---subconsciously---HE MUSTI Often when the sick or
Troubled person is exhorted to "think positively," he
tries---and fails. And failure creates in him greater
despair, more severe illness than before. The troubled
one, nowadays, reads and hears about "positive thinking"
on every hand. Others claim to achieve miraculous results
---but he cannot---so now he feels that HIS case must be
hopeless. So this is the cruelest fraud---to be exhorted
to "think positively," without being taught precisely
HOW TO DO IT! To teach just this---precisely HOW TO
BECOME ABLE to "think positively" is the goal and purpose
of Creative Image Therapy.

---Volney G. Mathison


from the index page of
Creative Image Therapy
by Volney G Mathison
(c) 1954 by Matheson Electropsychometers International
Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
_________________
"the Court is now convinced that the primary motivation of RTC [$cientology] in suing Lerma, DGS and The Post is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general and to harass its critics."http://www.lermanet.com/xenu-in-southpark-is-real.htm
lermanet_com wrote: programmer_guy wrote:
Arnie,

I had a a lot of difficulty in understanding the contents of that web page.

Was ALL of that (contents) written by Matthison?



that was chpter 6 of his book

"Creative Image Therapy"

evidentally, this Wolney is one of the MAJOR real sources for what freezoners say is good in scientology,
Hubbard, stole it, and then wrote the man out of history, and lied about his relationship, and then for good measure 'destroyed him utterly.'..

as usual..

How much more 'evidence' do the supporters of that thief hubbard need?

Hubbard has done more to destroy "clearing technologies' than anyone else.
I cant even begin to fathom how people who know the facts about Hubbard himself( Criminal Record, FBI Files, Bigamy, Request for Psychiatric intervention, Bogus/fabricated Naval Record and a PLETHORA of official documents and testimony from victims etc etc etc can be in such denial. But it goes to show the depth of Hubbards design in how it totally strips out a persons ability to process logically and think independently and eventually doesnt even WANT to think for themselves.

Theyll always be the hardcore believers and tech junkies who wont give up the delusion they are in, always clinging to the hope/belief that Hubbard held the answers to the Universes and s's and was the only way through to 'Total Freedom'.
"An endless freedom from is a perfect trap, a fear of all things ... Fixed on too many barriers, man yearns to be free. But launched into total freedom he is purposeless and miserable."
- L. Ron Hubbard, The Reason Why; 15 May 1956.
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

michaeltilse
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:21 am
Location: Corvallis, Oregon

Post by michaeltilse » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:55 pm

I think it is very important for those who have been in scientology to inform themselves of the hard facts available.

Once you bought into your first big "win" did you ever really do any independent research? Did you ever actually talk to people who had been in a long time and left, to find out why? Did you look up facts available, such as books and articles written about scientology or Hubbard?

If you were or are like I was, No you didn't.

I bought into it. I accepted the idea that to doubt the claims and provided 'history' of Hubbard and scientology, was to be 'open minded'. And I accepted that to be 'open minded' was a bad thing.

Yet, being open minded is the essence of science. Looking for actual facts and not just listening to what Hubbard said HE did. Why can't you? Why cannot you take each win, each bit of information on it's own merits, rather than accept the whole package on the basis of a win or two? Why must you limit your sources of information?

If you were able to evaluate, had the presence of mind to evaluate that scientology was something you wanted to do, then don't you also have the presence of mind to evaluate other information? Are you so delicate that you cannot be trusted to make your own investigation?

Learning about the early contributors that Hubbard took advantage of, before he declared them 'suppressive' is important. Matheson is important. It's also revealing, that for all of 'ron's' accomplishments, he himself didn't invent the e-meter.

There is much more to learn. Being an 'OT', yet being too delicate and upsettable to look for yourself doesn't make much sense, does it?

Michael Leonard Tilse

User avatar
lrh_lied
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 5:24 am

Post by lrh_lied » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:59 pm

amazing...hubbard the biggest con man in the world...not only stole volney mathisons work but corrupted it in a very cruel way

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/gardner.html

For $98.50 Hubbard will send you an electropsychometer, which "registers relative
degrees of dynamic psychophysical stress from moment to moment during the dianetic
session." It also "indicates the approximate Hubbardian tone-scale of the preclear from
1.0 to infinitely high ranges!," and "immediately discloses points of entry into
'armored' or 'shut off' cases...." On one leaflet, Hubbard states, "Bluntly, auditing
can't be at optimum without an electropsychometer. An auditor auditing without a
machine reminds one of a hunter hunting ducks at pitch black midnight, firing his gun
off in all directions." A manual by Hubbard on Electropsychometric Auditing comes free
with the device. For $48.50 you can obtain a smaller model called the "minemeter".

after engrams and body thetans they need no more e-meters. they are hunting sps as ducks..

Image

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/i ... -fakir.jpg

"And to make ever safer environments to expand into, Mr. Miscavige briefed on the unprecedented number of legal victories in the past year, and our growing ethics presence worldwide, where "2001 saw us shooting down SPs like 'ducks in a pond.'"

--International Scientology News Issue 20
© 2002 Church of Scientology International

and david miscavige carries on this brutal rendering of hubbards stolen work from volney mathison with his imagery of shooting sps like ducks

scientology has to teach a form of friendliness 'ARC' because the sort of imagery hubbard hypnotically implants is brutal from the getgo

Image

All of the people in this audience heard Scientology leader David Miscavige announce that 2001 saw the cult “shooting down SPs like ducks in a pond.�

None these people protested.

All of these people cheered.

People with any humanity left in them would be horrified.
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:17 pm



WOW

Check this photo out


Does it remind you of anyone?

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/images/mathison.jpg
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
'Alert'
Posts: 5219
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Location: Bondi Beach
Contact:

Post by 'Alert' » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:41 am

lermanet_com wrote:

WOW

Check this photo out


Does it remind you of anyone?

Image
No kidding Mr Lerma!
Hubbard was a really slimey piece of work. Where do you find this stuff Arnie? If Mathison wasnt in the picture I'd say it was a Dianetics seminar and Auditing was the topic.
It is Mathison in the picture isnt it?
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:43 am

yes, that is Matheson
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
programmer_guy
Posts: 8877
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:55 am
Location: Somewhere far beyond the land of Oz.

Post by programmer_guy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:37 am

SchwimmelPuckel wrote:Amazing! - I guess I ate up the cults 'truth' about Volney. I thought he was some unrelated electrical tinker techie-wog who happened to invent the earliest e-meter without realizing it's true potential.

Am I the only one?
No, you ain't the only one.

michaeltilse
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:21 am
Location: Corvallis, Oregon

Post by michaeltilse » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:08 am

This is, (or looks like) a photo from one of the early scientology/dianetics congresses (lecture series). A very similar one is used in promo for scientology and the person using the meter in those is hubbard. I remember the couch and the girl in the print dress.

This one looks funny to me, as if it was doctored. But I guess that if Volney Mathison was very involved then he was probably demonstrating the meter too. And he would have had pictures of himself to use in the book.

I think the girl on the couch was Dorothy Broaded (spelling?) who was in the qualifications division at american saint hill organization in Los Angeles for a long time and died sometime in the last 8 years or so.


Michael Leonard Tilse

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:47 am

source for the image is a book
by volney matheson that jeff jacobsen found...
NOT the one I have
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lrh_lied
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 5:24 am

Post by lrh_lied » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:58 am

volney info from other thread

moving volney info here since the other thread is mixed
lermanet_com wrote:
SuzanneMarie wrote:Arn,

Yeah, right. You were just an innocent 'Spotlight' reader. You wanted to make sure they didn't become anti-Semitic again.

I know you're aware that you need to minimize ties to Carto. You sent someone an e-mail that said, "I've been asked to speak at the 40th anniversary convention of Liberty Lobby...I suggest that we don't promote my relationship with Willis Carto..."

in actual fact that was the thought going through my mind at the time I clipped the $15 coupon out of the spotlight...

well, see how long it has taken to explain the facts?

and it was scientology in bed with the spotlight, I knew the story was huge and that it would take a long time to show the depth of involvement, wihich was not casual, it was intimate...
I just pulled the covers off it...

and do you recall that volney matheson image? the picture of him sitting there using his electropsychometer?

this image:
Image

on This page:



guess where I found the copy of the one Scientology used in its History of L Ron Hubbard?

This image:Image

On this strangely synchronistic page:


enjoy..


this starting to sound like


[url=htp://www.lermanet.com/nohead.htm]THE MAN WITH NO HEAD![/url]


was it David Miscavige?
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

User avatar
lrh_lied
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 5:24 am

Post by lrh_lied » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:02 am

more volney from other thread
SomebodyElse wrote:Image

Side by side. I didn't resize it properly but hey, there it is. hehe

Edited again to make it easier to smell the bs.
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

User avatar
lrh_lied
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 5:24 am

Post by lrh_lied » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:03 am

lermanet_com wrote:
SuzanneMarie wrote:Arnie,

You said, guess where the photos are from. Why not just tell us?

I printed them both out and took another look. The photo with LRH
does not show the chandeliers visible at the top of the Mathison photo, or about 7 faces on the right side of the Mathison photo. On the other hand, the LRH photo includes more of the ornate couch. The LRH photo is less grainy and more detailed. Both photos could have been produced from the same negative and cropped to account for some of the differences.

But how to account for LRH in one and Mathison in another? There's a funny black shadow in the background near each of them.

If the Mathison photo appeared in a newspaper, then I think it's likely the one that was altered. I saw a photo of Scientologist & Olympic athlete Charles Lake in the local paper once. He was bouncing on a trampoline while looking at a copy of the book 'Dianetics'. Someone at the paper decided to alter the title of the book to 'Callanetics'. So the photo was doctored in that case, anyway. Maybe that's what happened here.

Arnie wrote: "Your argument is fallacious, you admit all my FACTS are correct and cannot be rebuted..."

Well, no. At no time did I ever do any such thing. Liar.
Your admission was made by seeking refuge in fallacious argument!

That is what it is..


See Hubbard stole the E_meter from Volney Mathesion,
He stole creative processing
and he even stole his photograph.
And then he destroyed Volney MAtheson, and made nothing of him...
and then rewrote history, and he did it using desciples who believed in Hubbard, in the same manner you previously attacked me.

Hubbard was a thief

Please don't let him steal your life.

This topic is called OSA never answers questions, Ive answered all your fallacious accusations with FACTS.

Fraud: A legal definition

An intentional perversion of the truth for the purpose of inducing another in reliance upon it to part with some valuable thing or to surrender a legal right; a false representation of a matter of fact, whether by words ot conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal inquiry; anything calculated to deceive, whether by a single act or combination, or by suppression of truth, or suggestion of what is false, whether it be by direct falsehood or innuendo, by speech or silence, word of mouth, or look or gesture; fraud comprises all acts, omissions, and concealments involving a branch of legal or equitable duty and resulting in damage to another.


As a scientologist you say you are seekers of truth, but you cannot understand truth unless you know what a lie is...what fallacies are.

Or you will THINK with them, thinking you are being LOGICAL

And conclusions out is only as good as data in...

So dont let Fallacious Logic IN.

STUDY IT, have you? while studying it, realize that your grasp of what logical fallcy is, will prevent you from being
LED TO BELIEVE FALSHOODS TO BE TRUE.
If you do, you give a dishonest man,
the capability of stealing your life. who lied to you to gain your CONFIDENCE..

Thats what a CONFIDENCE man does.

Hubbard the Nuclear Physicist
or was he..
look at physics grade
http://www.lermanet.com/L_Ron_Hubbard/mr142.htm
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

Post Reply

Return to “Opinions & Debate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests