Neil Gaiman- A truly excellent Scientologist

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
juju
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by juju » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:56 pm

Neil is in good standing with the Church.

His wife Mary completed auditing as recently as 2002;

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... aiman.html

I know a bit more on the subject- though confidentiality comes into the subject and I cannot digress more.

love,

Juju

Sponge
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sponge » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:17 am

juju wrote:Neil is in good standing with the Church.

His wife Mary completed auditing as recently as 2002;

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... aiman.html

I know a bit more on the subject- though confidentiality comes into the subject and I cannot digress more.

love,

Juju
Try again.
Show me the evidence that he is, in your terms, "a truly excellent $cientologist".
If he is a $cientologist then he is a very very bad one (from your point of view) because he is after all what you would call a celebrity yet he does not appear to be using it to help the Co$ as one would expect. This suggests that either a) he is not a $cientologist or b) he is not "a truly excellent $cientologist" or c) he is a truly excellent non-scientologist.
I suppose it is hard for a $cientologists to believe that the son of a very prominent $cientologist might not actually be one.

He was declared SP in 1983 although his name appears in graduate lists in The Auditor Worldwide (published by AOSH UK):
Auditor #202 (copyright 1986) - Neil completed the Hubbard Senior Sec Checker Course
#222 (1988) - completed the 21 Dept Org Board Course
#227 (1988) - completed the Hubbard Basic Art Course.
These are hardly secret documents. Have you, or anyone else, got anything more current?
I am very open to be *proved* wrong. I didn't even know who he was until I read this thread so there is no "wishful thinking" fandom on my part and I couldn't give a toss eitherway - except for the truth.

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:53 am

I have to admit, it's weird.

Juju is right. Mary Gaiman is on recent completion lists. And she is Neil's wife.

I know absolutely and for sure he was NOT in good standing in the 90s. But I got the impression they were a close family. His sister obviously still loved him very much, even though he was declared and she was in the SO.

I really have no freaking clue as to what is going on here.

Causeandeffect

Post by Causeandeffect » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:56 am

So what would it prove if Gaiman is a Scientologist? That he's a creative bloke? Or more likely that he's still a creative bloke, but ultimately, a misguided creative bloke?

Don't know what you're trying to prove here Juju.

joolie

Post by joolie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:06 am

Let them have a win.

If they are having to propitiate and show how good some of their members are then they are running scared!

:D

Tamaritha

Post by Tamaritha » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 am

Even if he is currently a Scientologist in good standing, none of Neil Gaiman's supposed traits you wax lustrously about, juju, can be proven to have come solely from Scientology.

Neil Gaiman is kind to his fans. So what? Beyonce Knowles is known to be kind to her fans! In fact, I would find that anyone will be kind to the people they rely on their income from! How is it a Scientology trait, when Scientology does not teach anyone to show kindness or graciousness to others?
That's what you get when you bring Postulation into a MEST fight.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”