One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Letter to BRETT HANOVER
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:01 pm 

Posted via request from runningwild

====================================================================================================

Dear Brett,

As an artist you stand as the last line of defense between society and insanity. To quote Lenny Bruce, "You CAN'T shut up the deviant. You NEED the deviant to tell you when you are fucking up!"

If Robert Maplethorp can call bullwhips out of asses art, if Andres Serrano can piss christ the hell out of the world, if we can paste elephant shit over the image of the Madonna, then we can tell the truth about Scientology.

I cannot urge you enough, do not back down. Do not go quietly. This
group has been abusing people longer than you have been alive and has the blood of innocent people on their hands.

Brett, stand tall. Fight for what is right. You have the whole world
behind you. You have as much right to stand under The First Amendment
as your foe. So far to date over 1.2 million brave men and women have layed down their lives to defend these ten basic ideas
http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/fac ... illeng.htm.

You, as an artist, are covered by #1.

Brett, for the love of what is good in the world, stand. Stand and
fight. Let the mud fly. It doesn't stick. This notariaty has been
thrust on you. Stand tall, you do not stand alone.

If I can encourage you with nothing else, I leave you with the words of one of the men who stood in the face of evil and emerged victorious:

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
--Winston Churchill

runningwild

http://www.archive.org/details/BrettHanoverTheBridge
=========================================================================================================================================

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:32 pm 

Well, if I was Brett, I would let Co$ have this one because a) it is still very bad publicity for the Co$ and shows how frightened they are (plus it's already out there so trying to ban it just makes it more of a "must see") and, b) Idealism is all very nice for the commentators but I wouldn't want to have to face the stark realism of spending the rest of my life paying for legal bills. Then, when the dust settles, I would then be in a better position to continue my film career relatively unhindered and possibly make an even better movie exposing $cientology, with a big budget, at some later date (and be in a better position to defend it and myself if required - or in a position so mainstream that the Co$ wouldn't dare to attack it for fear of making themselves look even more of an ass).

Maybe one day Brett will be able to talk about it but I don't think he should feel obliged to just to sastify other people's curiosity for the finer details, especially if it is going sacrifice his ability to be effective at some later date (or hinder his legal position).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:36 pm 

Some excellent points Sponge.

Anyone who has looked down the barrel of the $cieno's FairGame(c) machine gun pointed at their forehead, will understand that Brett needs privacy and time now to get through this.

As an asscociate producer of this film, I can assure you public statements, are not in the best interests now. If anyone needs a DVD of The Bridge, they can e-mail or PM me.

I'll be gone for a week traveling though, so be patient.

Peace,

Tom
-------------------
www.thebridgemovie.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:05 pm 

I thought I saw on another thread that Brett is 18. I am around his age and one of the main reasons I am not out picketing and being a widely identified public critic is because I still have very close ties to my family. My legal reidence is still with my parents and if Scientology found out who I was and did a background check on me and wanted to harass me at home, they would only be bothering my parents who want nothing to do with it. Brett may be in a similar position.

Also, as a college student, having people harass you and dig/make up dirt about you and ruin your reputation can be extremly harmful when applying for scholarships or graduate school.

I admire what he did and I think he should be left alone. We should do what we can to keep The Bridge widely availabe, but make sure that it is clear that we are doing it against his wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:58 pm 

But what is the real story of why he wishes it taken down?

That would make an interesting story in itself.

Besides, for all we know, Brett has decided to take some
Scientology courses and is doing this as part of an ethics handling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:15 am 

Quote:

Well, 15 seconds of sanity and then its right back to towing the party line eh PB?

:roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:33 am 

RealityWillTell wrote:
Quote:

Well, 15 seconds of sanity and then its right back to towing the party line eh PB?

:roll: :lol:

That's what happens when you let PB loose in the vicinity of the Quickie-Likker Mart and let him stock up on the Johnny Walker Red.

I keep tellin folks they need to use more than twine to tie him to his ground stake (although I hear he pays extra for "chains" :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:36 am 

SP_thats_me wrote:
I thought I saw on another thread that Brett is 18. I am around his age and one of the main reasons I am not out picketing and being a widely identified public critic is because I still have very close ties to my family. My legal reidence is still with my parents and if Scientology found out who I was and did a background check on me and wanted to harass me at home, they would only be bothering my parents who want nothing to do with it. Brett may be in a similar position.

Also, as a college student, having people harass you and dig/make up dirt about you and ruin your reputation can be extremly harmful when applying for scholarships or graduate school.

I admire what he did and I think he should be left alone. We should do what we can to keep The Bridge widely availabe, but make sure that it is clear that we are doing it against his wishes.

I totally agree with you.

And I think you are absolutely right.