One opened, more to come!
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Tommygorman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 am 

Tommygorman,

I’ve explained my story here, and have expressed my view… so now I don’t frequent here often… and I don’t start a lot of threads.

From time to time I check in.

I find it a little weird and frankly creepy, that you are the last poster on just about every thread in the Your story from inside Scientology section whenever I check in here. It’s like you are a machine.

Are you a machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:18 am 

LOL if that is what you want to call it then fine with me.

I am someone that speaks the true harms of scientology and loves to see others write their stories so others don't join crazy cults like scientology.

I am on here almost everyday. Scientology does way to much harm to people and families. How parents get their kids taken away and how they get to watch their kids brainwashed by a weird cult ran by a little dwarf.

If i write thousands of posts and it helps just one person from scientology then I am happy. IMHO Tommy Gorman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:33 pm 

He's not a machine----he's a very real person with a serious story that Scientology would NOT want people to know.

I've met him, and I like him~!

He may not write a ton, but he's presistant and that's good when exposing the cult, even if it's "Scientology Sucks". Ya gotta admit, he's right, for the most part, eh?

Have a great day, and swing by more often.

Best to you and Tommy Gorman~ :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~ 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:46 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:26 am 

Tommy knows what he is talking about.

Opter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:43 am 

Well, since this has been brought up again, I find Tommy posts to be annoying, not only in their repetitiveness and triteness but also the childish taunts he uses to describe the cult.

I find his posts would actually do more harm in scaring off potential ex-es, who while getting informed about the lies of the cult also would be on guard for SP characteristics in critics if only to cling to the hope that Hubbard was right all along. Tommy's posts fall into that category.

I know I carried these type of feelings with me when I first was leaving and some of the idiots who posted here and elsewhere with their maniacal rantings did not help at all in my decision to leave. It was the calm reasoned approach such as Lawrence Woodcraft's video's that rang true with me and made me "cog".

If all I had run across were constant rants that "Miscavige is a dwarf" and "Hubbard a drug user", I'd likely still be in.

If that's all you can say about Scientology, fine you've said it over and over and over. It's not funny, it's not effective. It does not reflect very well on you. You may not be the simplistic person your posts make you out to be, but if that's all you post then who is to assume otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 am 
Jeeeez, guys...you're totally mean!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:28 pm 

I disagree with that. Tommy has been told a number of times in the past that his posts were spam and annoying. He told us we could just f-off if he didn't like it. He makes his own choices and chooses to continue his same old, semi-literate rants. I have provided what I think is a very good reason why he should knock it off.

Leaving Scientology is a huge choice for one considering it. His posts add nothing to the person's decision to leave and as I stated in my post quite likely would just show this person that critics are just these frothing-at-the-mouth, motivating nut jobs and give them all the more reason to not leave. I don't know if you were ever in, but the level of brainwashing you get is incredible. You and I might look at a well-written and reasoned media report and agree with what is being said. A Scientologist would look at that at think "Ron was right, he made the story up in his head before he even wrote it" and dimiss it as lies. Even now, Scienos are told that the attacks on Tom Cruise are coming from the psyches and I'll bet you 90% of them believe it. So throwing out childish taunts is not going to help this person decide to leave. It likely would only harden their resolve to fight the SP's. I see no reason to help them in that regard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:47 pm 
Quote:
I disagree with that. Tommy has been told a number of times in the past that his posts were spam and annoying. He told us we could just f-off if he didn't like it. He makes his own choices and chooses to continue his same old, semi-literate rants. I have provided what I think is a very good reason why he should knock it off.

If that's the way that Tommy wants to express himself, who are you to be criticizing it? Sorry, but you need to get over it and go on with your own life.
Can you do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09 pm 

@ no_8c_now:

I agree with Tory and Kilia. Tommy has gone through hell, named Scientology, and has every right to say what he is saying. You think it's annoying? Don't read it! Did his postings stop you from leaving the concult? No: you're out! And I am glad for you!
I hope you read his story. I did and I understand his point of view.
To say it together with Roan and Tommy:

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:00 pm 

You don't like Tommy's posts?
Don't read them.
In the wog world, not everyone is going to express
themselves exactly the way some guru says to.
It's ok for Tommy to be Tommy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:46 pm 

I'm with no_8c_now 100%. I think that when you post you should have something of substance to say. I've read Tommy's story and he really has a compelling story to tell and some true understanding of what happened but this "Scientology sucks" business is getting real, real old. I'm not adamant about chasing you out, Tommy, you're a good guy, but why not say something relevant rather than just repeat your rantings. To be honest with you, you behave just like Dennis Clark. Grow up.

PS: Good to see you back, StevieRayFan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:57 pm 

Hubbard's Mushroom wrote:
You don't like Tommy's posts?
Don't read them.
In the wog world, not everyone is going to express
themselves exactly the way some guru says to.
It's ok for Tommy to be Tommy.
It's not that simple. Tommy constantly bumps old threads rendering this forum unreadable. The "ignore" feature doesn't stop that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:59 am 
Quote:
Tommy constantly bumps old threads rendering this forum unreadable. The "ignore" feature doesn't stop that.

CONSTANTLY????

Is he doing that right now?? Inquiring minds want to know! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 am 

Kilia wrote:
Quote:
Tommy constantly bumps old threads rendering this forum unreadable. The "ignore" feature doesn't stop that.

CONSTANTLY????

Is he doing that right now?? Inquiring minds want to know! :roll:
He does it often enough that his name can always be seen in the "last reply" box. That's close enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next