One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:25 pm 

Celeste, I am going to repeat to you what my friends keep telling me, only I'll use your name instead of mine.

Celeste, you are 'out.' They have no control over you any more.

Have a great day.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:07 pm 

Hi, Celeste.

Congratulations on getting out! Your story sounds so much like mine... the "love bombing" at the start, then the gradual seepage of "what am I doing here?" and the feeling worse and worse about the trajectory that your life is on. All the time surrounded by lies, lies, and more lies.

Keep strong! How nice that you have an "out" fiance to help you. You'll have nightmares, you'll have doubts, but you'll be ... not just fine, but better than you ever imagined you would be. Life is the sweetest, brightest, most wonderful damn thing when you're not turning in on yourself all the time.

Keep on postin'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 am 

mr_bad wrote:
Celeste,

One of the 1st things I ever searched on the Internet was $cientology. This was back in the 90's, if you can believe it.

The 1st thing I ever read was OT 8 materials. I was in a public library. I remember looking over my shoulder to see if anyone was looking at me. (Paranoia) Numerous Sec Checks and O/W write-ups creates an atmosphere of paranoia--that's all it does.

Quote:
I know I'm an intelligent person, and sometimes what irks me most about Scientology was that I bought it. Geez.

$cientology has a social veneer that seems mild--you remember L. Ron talking about mild social veneers--it's all part of the brainwashing. (the shiney cars are driven by degraded men) The longer you're in, the more your rights get taken away from you, the more you feel obligated to start accepting the bullshit. Until one day, you remember when you used to be able sit on your ass all day on a Sunday afternoon and watch the U.S. Open, and you remember that's when life wasn't so bad afterall.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're taking the time to post. I hope you continue to share parts of your story.

mb

Good points! That social veneer quote is very interesting to turn around on the cult itself. True!

The relaxing - wasn't that a biatch to get used to? I had a compuilsion to WORK! I still am a huge multi-tasker. But I am over that compulsion and now interestingly enough like the fact I can slide into a strong work mode when needed.

Having regular time off has been one of the best changes to my life. I watched the U.S. Open too - was hoping Tiger would make that last putt!

Celeste - would love to hear more of your OOT stories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:02 am 

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement!

I was just thinking of the time at Flag when I got a Sec Check so that I could have an LOA... there weren't many things that came up but I was just realizing how stupid the things that did come up were.

Like, how I had lied to my Course Supervisor about going to use the restroom. She used to tell us that we couldn't go during course, so I would find some excuse to leave--like I needed to go find a coach for a drill or a word clearer or something like that--and then go to the restroom. I mean, how dumb is that?

And there was a time when I took libs (short for liberties--you could supposedly get a Saturday off course if you were upstat and ahead of schedule on course) even though it hadn't been approved. I told my course supervisor it had been, and thus she didn't mark me as being absent. My sister was in Florida visiting her in-laws, I hadn't seen her for several years and she wanted to come visit me. So I had her pick me up at the motels early Saturday morning. We went to Universal Studios and had a great time! It was wonderful to have a day off after months of non-stop work and training. I felt extremely guilty about it afterwards, and was afraid I'd get in trouble. But somehow no one caught me and I went on with my training.

How can people be expected to live like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:25 am 

Celeste wrote:

How can people be expected to live like that?

Truly third world like, isn't it? I mean, back then, seeing a movie was HUGE. It was so rare.

Except when we all went to see Battlefield Earth! Their were people booing, and I fell asleep! Boo.

But before that we had gone to see Gladiator, and that to this day is one of my all time favorites.

I hated having those stupid, tiny withholds, too. Eventually they ceased to read on the meter because I stopped giving a shit!

One time at Flag some friends of mine and I took libs and went to the beach. We had a blast, but I got a nasty sunburn (naturally, since I was always indoors!) Anyway, there was a senior Int exec on the base who wanted us all through our courses. She saw me in the courseroom all red, and immediately started asking the supervisor why I was sunburnt when I should be getting through my course!!!! She was pissed (in retrospect, probably because she never got time off herself.) My supervisor covered for me and said I had just taken some niacin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:29 am 

Does anyone here know the address for where Keith Henson is ? Here is something everyone needs to know about because it undress the true harms of scientology.
http://www.lermanet.com/books/henson.htm . Keith Henson is a 64 year old man who is now sitting in a jail cell, they tell him, for 1 year.

Scientology is Evil to the core. SCIENTOLOGY PROTECTS RAPIST AND KILLS. Scientology ruins families and lives everyday. The only thing scientology can Clear is one bank account at a time

LRH was married 3 times which shows he could not stay with one wife.
L.Ron Hubbard was and evil man, crazy in the head schitzo, paranoid, psychopath, who was a psych drug taking, heavy drug using, wife beating alcoholic drunk, pathological liar, coward who let his 3rd wife go to prison for his crimes as he hid and ran away for the remaining years of his life from the FBI. L.Ron Hubbard died with psych drugs shot in his butt.
IMHO Tommy Gorman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:21 am 

tommygormanxenu wrote:
Does anyone here know the address for where Keith Henson is ? Here is something everyone needs to know about because it undress the true harms of scientology.
http://www.lermanet.com/books/henson.htm . Keith Henson is a 64 year old man who is now sitting in a jail cell, they tell him, for 1 year.

Scientology is Evil to the core. SCIENTOLOGY PROTECTS RAPIST AND KILLS. Scientology ruins families and lives everyday. The only thing scientology can Clear is one bank account at a time

L.Ron Hubbard was and evil man, crazy in the head schitzo, paranoid, psychopath, who was a psych drug taking, heavy drug using, wife beating alcoholic drunk, pathological liar, coward who let his 3rd wife go to prison for his crimes as he hid and ran away for the remaining years of his life from the FBI. L.Ron Hubbard died with psych drugs shot in his butt.
IMHO Tommy Gorman

Thread-A Thread is a series of messages related to the same topic in a newsgroup or discussion group.

Spam-To send identical and irrelevant postings to many different newsgroups or mailing lists; To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages. The name comes from a Monty Python song and is considered to be a serious violation of netiquette.

Please stop spamming. It only makes you look like a crazed, half-witted hypnotized jerk, which you are not. It just makes you look that way. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:44 am 

type 4 wrote:
Please stop spamming. It only makes you look like a crazed, half-witted hypnotized jerk, which you are not. It just makes you look that way. Thanks.

Since when did you become the arbitrator of OCMB and its administration thereof?

Im also now curious as to why you were dormant for so long, only to return championing the insanities of scientology/dianetics 'tech'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:28 am 

'Alert'
good point. Celeste Keep posting your story when you can because i would love to read it. Keep up the post too.

We need to let scientology know they can't push everyone around or kick people around at all like they are trying to do with Keith Henson so we need to help others speak out and tell their stories.

Here is something everyone needs to know about because it undress the true harms of scientology.

IMHO Tommy Gorman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:28 pm 

curiosity wrote:
Celeste, I'm always happy to know when something I write is of value to someone.

I don't want to derail the post from Celeste, but I did want to tell you, Curiosity, that I really enjoy your posts.

One in particular I thought was great. I hope you don't mind if I repost it here.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php ... ht=#180405

Scientology has a 90+% dropout rate. The more people who join, the more people there will be in the world with bad experiences and negative opinions about Scientology based on personal experience. A stupidity of Scientology is that it thinks its problems will be solved by bringing in more new members, when in fact, that will just make its problems worse. The only thing that can save it is a MASSIVE overhaul of its policies and culture, including open and public disavowal of many Hubbard policies and social philosophies. The reason there is no groundswell of public support for Scientology against the unprecedented ridicule and criticism that it is now experiencing is that the world has become filled with people who have experienced Scientology, none of whom would think of lifting a finger to help after what they went through or saw others go through. They can try to recruit all the new members they want through celebrity endorsements and by going to countries where Scientology is little known, but it will do them no good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:29 pm 

Celeste,

I loved your story on ESMB. Very unique perspective.

Glad you made it to OCMB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm 

Dear Celeste,

I am so grateful that you posted here, as I do not read other boards generally, and what you wrote was very poignant. Thank you for your guts! And for spilling them!

Anyhoo... I am nagged by the situation regarding your fiancé's children. If he lives in CA, and he wants a little heads up on how to get his kids out of the Scientology school, he might be able to use certain tactics in court re: parental alienation (which is considered child abuse here) and possibly a lesser educational opportunity. He might petition to have the kids removed to a public or non denominational school as well. I'd take this situation to the court if I were him. A childhood is a terrible thing to be given over to a con.

On the other hand, I am so impressed with his ability to help you make the choice to leave Scientology, I would wonder if you would ask him to join this group? Perhaps his wisdom and ability to ask the right questions would help more people. I would love to see the situations you presented him with and hear what he said to you and how he handled the discussion.

I really feel badly sometimes because people buy into Scientology, and wish I could get them to see how bad it is. But like the story of Andreas and Tory (I believe Andreas asked Tory if she could read anything she wanted to as a Scientologist), I think asking the right questions is the best method of making people see the contradictions in what they are offered versus what they have gotten from Scientology.

For example, when your own best friend handed you a declare notice- I might have gotten in her face and said, "HOW CAN YOU DO BETRAY YOUR FRIEND LIKE THIS?" when I should probably have been thinking that she might have done that to save the world, and that she believed her friendship with you had suffer for the greater good of the greatest number of thetans. I wonder what anyone could have said or done to make that lady see that what she was doing was really negative and destructive?

I would really like to know how people can be most supportive of Scientologists who are inside, and those who are thinking about leaving, as well as those who have left. I'd love if you would write about these things, as well as what you are writing. Do you ever think about what you would say to your friend now or how you might approach her with what you have learned? Or do you think that's a lost cause?

Take care, and thanks again for posting here!

Love,

Os

The latest fave video- a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxOmrS6uqVM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:30 am 

Type 4 wrote:
Spam - To send identical and irrelevant postings to many different newsgroups or mailing lists; To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages. The name comes from a Monty Python song and is considered to be a serious violation of netiquette.

Yes, but the name doesn't come from the Monthy Python song! - Indeed, to understand the Monty Python song, you need to ba aware that SPAM is canned a precooked meat (ham) product, made by Hormel Foods Corporation.

YouTube: Monty Python - Spam

VikiPedia: SPAM food

Hormel Foods

Hormel Foods: What is SPAM

:onebounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:41 am 

Scientology tech, however, is a dead parrot!

:onebounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 am 

Lulu - not a problem with reposting curiosity's posts on this thread--I love reading them too!

Os - Thanks for your concern. We have just been successful in getting my fiancé's kids out of the Scientology school - yay! We finally got his ex-wife to consent to putting them in a different school and they'll be starting the new school year there. He was definitely ready to take it to court if necessary to get them out of the Scientology school. Luckily, it didn't go that way.

He is a great guy, and he submitted his registration to this board--I think about a month ago? Once he gets approved, he'll be posting with the name "MEST up". I'm sure that his perspective would be helpful to people who are on the outside.

I think it's really important for people who are not in the church, but know someone who is, to have an understanding of what that person is going through and what the best way would be to deal with their being part of it. Unfortunately it's hard to gauge where someone is really at in their dedication or not of the church, since it's a big no-no to talk about it if you are questioning anything.

With my friend, I think that it would take a LOT for her to leave. She was born into a family of Scientologists, her brother is in the Sea Org, and from what I hear she's now the Executive Director of the local Church. I believe that she's been so indoctrinated that absolutely nothing I could say would make an impact on her. I didn't want to say anything hurtful to her when she came to my door; because I hope that if someday she DOES come to her senses, and wants to get out, she will feel like she can come to me about it.

I frequently have dreams with my Scientology friends in them. It still hurts to think of them and how many great relationships I lost because I left. I'm always hoping that one of them will call and tell me that they realized what BS it all is, and they are leaving too.

In fact--just to put it out there--ANYONE out there who knows me, (and I know you'll know who I am when you read my story) if you want to leave or are leaving or aren't sure about leaving but are thinking about it--PLEASE call me or write to me. I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I MISS YOU!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next