One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Affinity Exchange
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:00 pm 

This arrived in Sponge Central today and, yes, it is real and really quite f*cked-up (just in case you thought I was doing some of my usual joking and degrading).

note: Affinity Exchange is a dating service for clams:-
http://www.cultnews.com/archives/000707.html
http://www.affinity-exchange.com

Quote:
AFFINITY EXCHANGE
SUCCESS STORY
MARY ANDREWS AND CARL WATTS
"...I had kind of lost hope on the 2D, but I have definitely met the man of my dreams."

From Mary: I was recently divorced and not really that excited about dating again. I was nervous, out of practice, and downright scared! I thought, "Okay, I need to just do this."

At first, I was skeptical about using an online dating service. I thought only a loser would use such a service, but several friends assured me it was the right thing to do. I signed up for several and checked them out. I definitely liked many features of Affinity Exchange, determined it was the best site, and used it regularly. I especially appreciated Marcia's hat write up on how to communicate and meet with someone for the first time, and how to take it from there.

Somehow I kept hooking up with guys quite a distance away. I was in a circumstance where I could not travel, so that didn't work out so well. Marcia encouraged me to try harder to meet local people. But I was at a point where I was ready to give up on dating. I was really busy and doing well in life, so I decided to put the 2D on hold for a while. I told Marcia about my decision and she acknowledged me appropriately and encouraged me to "go shopping" on the site from time to time--just for kicks. Well, I "went shopping" later that night and saw a picture of a guy who looked like a nice person. I quickly read the profile, then printed it off to look it over further in the future. This man looked very interesting to me, but since I was "just shopping" and not really looking, I decided to think about it before communicating to him.

Turns out he noticed that I had looked at his profile and sent me an email. Over the next three days we emailed back and forth several times and decided to meet for coffee. It was the recommended "safe meeting" in a public place for a short period of time. What the heck--at least it would get the flow going!

I met Carl at Starbucks on the way to work one day. He was a very nice guy and I really liked talking to him. We decided to meet a couple of days later. We went to dinner and talked for quite some time. I really liked him but I was going to be smart--I sure as heck wasn't going to jump into anything! But I really liked him.... During dinner he told me up front that he was dating lots of different people, and I told him I thought that was a really good idea. I told him he should date everyone he wanted to until he found just the right person for him. I told him I thought it was really important to be with someone you really want to be with. He agreed. When the evening ended, he kissed me good night and told he'd like to go out again sometime soon and that he'd call me. Okay...

He called me the next day and told me he had cancelled a coffee date with one lady and a dinner date with another. I thought, "Okay, here it comes--he's gonna cancel going out with me." But then he told me he was cancelling these other dates because he had decided he wanted to date me exclusively. He had suspended his profiles on the dating sites he was using. That was exciting, but I was gonna be the cool one. I told him I was very flattered but I wasn't going to make any decisions quite so fast. He put no pressure on me at all and said he understood and could we go out again that night? To make a long story short, we got together for a while every night that week, and we texted and called and emailed each other all day and night when we weren't together. By the end of the week we decided to get married. (He says it was only three days.)

We got married on September 7th, and we are living happily ever after! Our future is so bright and we are sooooo happy. Our dynamics are completely aligned and we have a great family. I had always wanted a big family but never had one of my own. Carl has five children and and seven grandchildren, and now we have added an eighth grandchild! It is just awesome. I had kind of lost hope on the 2D, but I have definitely met the man of my dreams. It is exactly as I always thought it should be. Thank you Marcia for helping me meet my lifelong partner. We are both very happy!

From Carl: After my wife passed away, I realized very quickly that I didn't like not having a wife, so I started to put out communication lines to anyone and everyone I knew that was single. I went onto an on line dating service connected to my webmail service and very quickly located a lady who I dated a few times--but I knew she wasn't the correct person for me. One of my daughters asked me if I was looking in the right place to find the right woman for me. I realized I wasn't and immediately signed up for The Affinity Exchange.

I put out many communications, looked at, and emailed many ladies. I estimate that I communicated to some extent with over one hundred ladies. It worked. I got return emails and started talking to several on the phone. Then I realized I needed to crystalize my thoughts on exactly what I was looking for in a woman--a woman I meant to be with me forever--so I wrote up a list of qualities and attributes.

One of the ladies I was talking to met me for coffee at a local coffee shop. It was very pleasant talking to her. She was very cheerful--smiled a lot and laughed easily. We decided to go to dinner a couple days later. Dinner was enjoyable, and afterwards I drove her to my home and introduced her to my family, some of whom she actually already knew from her work.

She was perfect. I met her the next several nights at a friend's home where she was checking on and feeding a cat while they were out of town. We walked and talked.

It's my view that a relationship is a caused situation, so I decided to cause a permanant relationship with Mary. I discussed this with her and handled her concerns. She laughed and she cried and then agreed to get married. The only question was when, as I wanted to allow my family time to get over their mom passing away and time to get used to a new woman in dad's life. But I moved her in immediately, as I wasn't that concerned with what my beautiful family thought.

Our relationship grew stronger and better the more we were together. When Mary had a chance to go visit her family in Kentucky, I decided we should go together and also visit my family in North Carolina. Well, her parents and my mom are both getting up in years and they are all fundamentalist Christians. So to keep public relations in and not have to worry about creating any upsets, we decided to just get married.

We got the license, and on Friday night after work, a friend of ours married us in another friend's backyard with another six or so friends in attendance. Although the marriage was rushed due to the trip, we have no regrets as we have been very happy with our decision and our relationship.

Seven months have now passed since I met Mary, and we have not had a single cross word or upset between us. I know we are going to keep the love and warmth we have very high because we both have agreed that's the way it will be.

What the Affinity Exchange did for me was to provide rapid access to many single ladies so that I was able to rapidly get into communication. Had I done it the old fashioned way, having been married for 32 years and with all my friends being married, it would have taken a long time and I may never have met and married the perfect one, Mary.

My family is fine with the marriage. Life is grand. Mary Andrews is my wife, now, Mary Watts. I like that.

We plan to redo the ceremony in the spring of 2008 so that friends and family can be part of the actual marriage ceremony. And we'll continue to live happily everafter!

:shock:

Thanks to the sender. You know who you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:44 pm 

If the 'tech' worked in actuality, then why has Tom Cruise had divorces?

And why would the cult need an online dating service, to service broken relationships of scientologists?

Its because scientology is nothing more than what Allen Upward described as psuedoscience before hubbard was even born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:35 pm 

I was with a bunch of girls when the person who created the "Affinity Exchange" thought up the idea (Maria Swengel I believe was her name, then).

I still don't see anything wrong with her idea. Basically she was single, there were few single men in Scientology. (Also note here: I spoke to some VERY rich, handsome 'single' men in Scientology---trying to find out why they didn't date my single friends? I was married, but trying to hook them up. Their answers were VERY revealing: "Oh, You want to know what a first date is like with these Scientology girls, Tory?" Me: Yeah---what?

He: "Hi---What kind of car do you drive? How much money do you make?
Do you own your own business?" Etc. Basically, he pointed out to me that
the Scientology girls (Not all---but he said certainly most) were looking for a guy who would pay for their Bridges. These guys were rich enough to do so,
but they wanted someone who loved them for themselves, not their money.

Soooooooooooo---they went out and married "Wogs", Paid for their entire Bridges, and now have "Scientology Wives". :roll: My sympathies to them.

Ok, so MARIA wanted to meet some single guys. She'd tried the other clubs, dating services and then said, "Why not start one within our own group? That was they'd BE Scientologists".

I still don't see a problem with that----and she has helped many hook up.

It *is* interesting to see the insides of Scientology, and the many ways they hook up---this just happens to be one I don't see as a problem.

My best,

Tory/Magoo~~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:43 pm 
I don't think it's just for Scientologists. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:50 pm 

Really? It used to be just for Scientologists...maybe they've had to
fan out, due to lack of single guys. Like I said, the "qualified ones"
found a different way of marrying, and it was OUTSIDE of Scientology--
due to most of the ladies being super greedy.

Sad, but true.

T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:08 pm 

Isn't it rather surprizing that this dating site for scientologists is allowed to exist? - Since sex is an engram and family is countersurvival, I would expect the creator of that dating site to be summarily RPF'ed, and the users to be rounded up and sent same place!

L.Rum Hubturd wrote:
"pain and sex were the INVENTED TOOLS of degradation" created by psychiatrists, and "the stocks-in-trade of psychs are PAIN and SEX."

L. Ron Hubbard "Pain and Sex," HCOB (August 26, 1982)

(Note the Pain & Sex PL has become very hard to find on the net. The cult is REALLY embarrased by it it seems.. But it IS still in force as policy!)

And this:
L.Rum Hubturd wrote:
"THE GE IS A FAMILY MAN

The GE is a family man; the GE is lost without a family. It's very strange, but Homo sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis. It's fascinating, fascinating. It's not important to know it but a lot of your urges toward families and so forth are not thetan urges at all, they're the GE. The GE can't survive at all without a family unit. He's just as dead as a mackerel if he isn't a family unit, whereas your thetan is just dead as a mackerel if he gets too mixed up in family units.

You can't talk to GEs; they're kind of psycho. And by the way, you can fall into this dreadful trap with a GE. You see, he uses the MEST universe with which to build. He's gotten very, very bad off and he has to use MEST materials all the time.

So, you get this situation here with the GE, and your GE is busy: build, build, build, build, build. And, of course he's got to have a family to build with.

You get this terrific family thirst. And you get your GE surviving best and being loused up the most because of interfamily relationships.

And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group. Families are not good groups; they're bad groups." (emphasis mine)

LRH, From the taped lecture
"Flows: Patterns of Interaction"
10 December 1952

from here: Scientology's Rejection of the Family By Stacy Brooks

:onebounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 pm 

Sex an engram? That would be one thing that I would want auditing to skip over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:14 pm 

magoo1 wrote:
"Hi---What kind of car do you drive? How much money do you make? Do you own your own business?" Etc. Basically, he pointed out to me that the Scientology girls (Not all---but he said certainly most) were looking for a guy who would pay for their Bridges. These guys were rich enough to do so, but they wanted someone who loved them for themselves, not their money.

Tory,

Why would this be surprising to somebody who belongs to a "church" that asks potential members the same questions? Co$ doesn't give a damn about people, only their pocketbooks (although I recognize that many rank & file members -- even the registrars -- really believe they're helping others). When somebody joins Co$, or "needs" the latest service or book, or there's some project where contributions are being solicited, the registrars immediately start pestering them to solicit their family and friends for money.

When your value on the "3D" is based on your ability to shell out money, why should the "2D" be any different?

Some deluded, self-centered clam wrote:
It's my view that a relationship is a caused situation, so I decided to cause a permanant relationship with Mary. I discussed this with her and handled her concerns. She laughed and she cried and then agreed to get married. The only question was when, as I wanted to allow my family time to get over their mom passing away and time to get used to a new woman in dad's life. But I moved her in immediately, as I wasn't that concerned with what my beautiful family thought.

Boy, that's the most romantic thing I've ever heard. "I decided to cause a permanent relationship." This guy is even more hard-core than Tom Cruise -- no fields of wildflowers, planted by Sea Org slave labor for him! Nope, he just sent that intention beam straight into the center of her skull -- then it's f*** what his family thinks! After all, his late wife dropped her body, the selfish bitch, leaving him to realize he didn't like being without a wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Since sex is an engram and family is counter survival, I would expect the creator of that dating site to be summarily RPF'ed, and the users to be rounded up and sent same place!

Sorry----but unless u r kidding-----this shows how far u r from understanding
this group.

Do you get the difference in public & staff & Sea Org? That'd be a good
start----:wink:

Tory/Magoo~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 pm 

Tory, I understand just fine! :) - I mean to point out an outpoint.. But made deliberatly so for PR purposes.. Or I should say bait and switch purposes.. or 'gradient'?

CoS is seen here exploiting the lowly WOG's compulsive dramatizarion of the sex engram.. Of course when you become an OT you will lose interest.. or what?

Those policies I quoted are there! - And you 'dublicate' that stuff in the cult. You apply that stuff.. No misunderstoods.. Clay demo it! - Say after me while I spank your bare bottom! - It's to be taken literally.. It's the truth by Ron!!!! - Any deviation and you're a banky basterd; Out ethics; Having MU's; A DB; A freakin' SP!; A government plant!

Interest in sex and family.. False attested OT?

Another thing just sort of flopped into my mind.. According to Dianetics you have a reactive mind filled with engrams, implants, demon circuits, service facs, bodies in pawn on the Mars implant station. All this is making you an abberee.. It's the Human condition.. Humans are insane! They think they are thinking and rational beings, but it's all that crap in the reactive mind 'talking' inside their heads.

You don't know that is going on. You think it's your own thoughts..

And indeed Hubbard teaches us that 'confusion' is insanity. Not knowing who you are is 'insanity'.. Hubbard teaches that, I dare say, everything but himself is insanity!

I know exactly who I am! - I'm me! - But Hubbard would probably say I'm deluded by my reactive mind! - That's why he 'invented' it, so that he could convince me I'm insane. Then sell his cure to me..

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:14 pm 

The latter thing you said, I agree with: Hubbard created his "you've got a reactive mind" to then sell you the "Cure". And isn't it ironic that the EP
(Thing you're shooting for, but YOU DON'T KNOW IT) IS
I think I'm CREATING my own reactive mind"
At that point, you're sent to the Examiner, who then says;
"Would you like to attest to Clear".

Every one I know says the same: It's like "HUH? What did I say that got you to ask that?" (However it's been such a long haul for most, they just say,
"Sure" and shut up).

The rest:
Quote:
CoS is seen here exploiting the lowly WOG's compulsive dramatizarion of the sex engram.. Of course when you become an OT you will lose interest.. or what?

I never did---I doubt most people on OT levels do. Ron *was* nuts,
ya have to keep that in mind, and some of the things people just took
in stride---another one of Ron's "Goodies". (LIke the perfume deal:
WHAT KIND OF LOON WOULD THINK UP THAT?)

Again, if you were in the Sea Org they're WAY stricter than with public.
They had no way to control my sex life, or anyone else's I knew who were public. The Weirdest it got was on OT 7 reading, "Pain and Sex" and Everyone I knew just went "HUH"? It was way too weird for most of us,
and not anything any of us planned to stop doing--re sex, no matter what
Hubbard thought of it.

Hope that helps, some...:wink:

Tory/Magoo~~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:09 pm 

magoo1 wrote:
I was with a bunch of girls when the person who created the "Affinity Exchange" thought up the idea (Maria Swengel I believe was her name, then).

I thought it was Marcia (pronounced Mar-cee-a) Powell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 pm 

Yeah.....but she used to be Marcia Swengle before Powell---

Same person.

:wink:

Tory/Magoo~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:48 pm 

Hehehe.. Tory.. I do too know that people will not lose interest in sex.. and family. But there is that policy and all that stuff Hubturd wrote about 2D.. Looks like the scios actually are ignoring that doesn't it?

Compare to how Hubturds 'wisdom' is enforced in all other matters.

They're slacking!

Can a scientologist really defend being a dilletante with Hubturds advice on sex and family? (BTW, They're not slacking when it's someone elses family! - But that's an aside..)

I suspect all it would take is some ethics officer (or DM) thinking of this and giving the scios a 'reality factor' about it. Make it an issue... Suddenly the scios can't keep a clean needle on it anymore!

Something similar happened with 'moonlighting'.. When I was in actually... At first it was accepted to moonlight. Staffpay being low, so moonlight was ok. There was policy that it was thorougly bad in many ways of course.. But those PL were ignored.

Until suddenly there was a Guardian Order or somesuch telling us that moonligthing was not ok.

When this happened and I sat there looking at.. The ESTO I think her title was.. Her being dead serious, explaining I had to stop moonlighting.. Blehgfhh.. I told her I'd work on it. Sure! - I'll figure some way to quit those jobs! - Make money some other way.. Make it go right..

Total rubbish outta my mouth! - And hers too! - There was no way in hell that I or anyone could stop moonligting! She knew that! I knew!

And that's quite similar to Hubbards PL, tech and lecture on 2D. Non complianca and dilly dallying accepted for the moment.. Less in the sea org.. This can change any day, if DM squeezes a brainfart. And if he does, people will still have an interst in sex and family... Only now it's even more illegal!

:onebounce:

Post subject: Affinity Exchange and Free Spirit Singles
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 am 

It is indeed Marcia Powell who runs the activity. In the 1990's she was charging an outrageous membership fee to join her dating service --- something like $300-$500 plus a fee for each person's profile you picked out and used.

Some time around 2005 or so, she created http://www.affinity-exchange.com as an online dating service.

She also joined staff at Narconon Int (around 2003?)... and "became poor".

SchwimmelPuckel, Marcia Powell is not a Sea Org member and hence cannot be RPF'ed (RPF is a Sea Org "institution"). However, she could have been harassed or pressured by her local "Ethics Office".

The CofS does not (usually) directly "order" members to close down their businesses even if they consider them "out-ethics" (bad, contrary to the CofS survival or treasury, or illegal) but the member may be heavily pressured by repeated "ethics programs" until they "cognite" that they should stop the activity.

As a note on the bizarre contrariness of the CofS, a similar activity (called http://www.freespiritsingles.com) first tried to broaden their membership policies to include non-Scientologists (because of pressure that it was not okay to have a list of Scientologists and make money off of it) and was later pressured to "protect" their members by changing it to be Scientologist-only. They also tried at one point to "donate" all membership fees to one of the CofS-allied front groups (CCHR?). That didn't last, either.

Last I heard, they were planning on creating a dual online system whereby the new member signing up would state their religion. If the religion was "Scientology" they would be directed to the Scientology-only database. If they said something else for their religion, they would be directed to the non-Scientologist database. In other words, they would keep the members separated amongst religious lines, with the members "none the wiser".

To be fair to these enterprising Scientologists, they were each attempting to provide something that was voiced as needed and wanted (a singles place to find mates within their "religion"). The CofS never provided (and never will) any format for their members to get together with each other. The CofS does not like its members communicating to each other. Each person who has attempted to provide a Scientologist-friendly networking system (business, relationships, or whatever) has been harassed by the CofS itself until the person finally cries "Uncle!!!!!" and gives it up.

Until the cry of "Uncle!" occurs, you see these activities change their policies based on the winds of change within the CofS management, and the latest "ethics interview" they had at their local CofS organization.