One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:52 pm 

This is still a great thread ...

Thinking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 pm 

Mr. Bookstore Officer, you got off easy this time. If the big book push had been a landslide success this weekend you would be looking at a big stat crash Thursday after next.

From the Anonymous reports your big international book push was a bit of a dud. Then again, we haven't received reports from everywhere, so, to be fair, some of your 'orgs' and 'missions' might have had a big book selling day.

For those of you in an 'org' where your weekend book sales were toady or flaccid you can take some solace in the fact that you will get reports that they were super fantastic everywhere else but your 'org.'

I'm sure that hundreds of thousands of books were sold in Madrid, Moscow, Tokyo and Buenos Aires and that you will be getting news of this with full color pictures in one of those nice slick glossy magazines that will be arriving to your mail box and to your 'org' very soon.

I remember it well as a scientology staff member that no matter how much of a struggle it was for us in our own 'org' that almost all the other 'orgs' on the planet were booming - talk about a world wide state of flourish and prosper, except of course, where we were.

So of course, we were always happy to see sea organization ethics missions arriving at our 'org' to boom the 'stats.' The sea organization people were always so nice and upstat and full of ethics presence that it was sad to hear of them being assigned confusion or worse on their return from whence they came.

We found out later that in the sea organization, sea organization members often had to do the lower conditions two and three times through in a row before being allowed to go back into non-existence on a post. I guess because of the rehabilitation project force that practice is much less now.

I have to ask. When I was a book seller we had to buy the books that we then sold. We bought them by the case (50 books to the case if I remember correctly) at a discount but not at cost. When you go out with the stress test tables and emeters are you selling the 'org's' books or do you have to buy them first?

I guess with all that activity on Saturday and Sunday the rest of the week will be anticlimactic. Oh, well, c'est la vie. Oh, I'm sorry, scientologists are not allowed to have that sentiment.

I guess with all the book selling activity on the weekend that every staff member in all the orgs in all the world must now be in affluence at least and I don't have to ask you, "How are your stats?"

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:38 pm 

Do they record stats for the number of people they stress tests and give
personality tests?
If they do, it would be great fun if anon did alot of tests one week and
then just quit. massive stat crash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 am 

Knusern wrote:
Do they record stats for the number of people they stress tests and give personality tests?

If they do, it would be great fun if anon did a lot of tests one week and then just quit. massive stat crash.

With the personality test there is a stat for the person who evaluates the tests, but he/she may only get to count the ones who's ruin is found and who are turned over to the public registrar. The testing person's stats will only affect him. The divisional stat when I was in was public reg paid starts or PRPS. Since then the division expanded into three divisions and I don't know what the stat of the three public divisions is now, though I will wager that it has to do with org income.

For the stress tests they may or may not count the people taking the test. The point of the stress tests is to sell books and get the person's information. Their main stat is probably new names to central files or NNCF. Selling a book without getting the person's contact info will be good but will leave someone higher up unhappy.

I think the picketing activity is doing just fine with crashing the stats.

Here's something else on this. I have a feeling that Hubbard didn't really care about stats. The stats thing was a game that kept his underlings busy and off his back. As to his condition, well it's affluence of power. Affluence of power is not in the policies. It was only stated as L. Ron Hubbard's condition and it set him apart from and above everyone else. Why is it affluence of power? Because he said so. Who in scientology was ever going to question L. Ron Hubbard about his stats?

DM might care about stats, but who in scientology is every going to question him about his stats? You can be sure that his stats are always in power, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:27 am 

If Miscavige were judged by overall CoS statistics, he'd have been fired long ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:52 pm 

Stats - Sleep Deprivation - Cancer

The application of stats and everything that goes with it in scientology keeps staff members and some public in a continuous state of anxiety. This is coupled with the long hours of work put in by staff members and especially in the higher orgs. Most staff and some public suffer from sleep deprivation in two ways.

The sleep they get is of short duration. What sleep they do get is troubled by anxiety produced from worry about keeping the stats up.

Sleep that takes place over a long duration in an untroubled state of rest produces remarkably therapeutic effects. All the muscles in the body relax allowing toxins to release from the muscle tissue that would not do so while the muscles were tense as is the case when awake, never mind under stress or duress. The body produces melatonin during sleep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin. During sleep various healing processes in the body are accelerated.

Not only does sleep deprivation contribute to lowered defenses against mind control techniques but it also has deleterious physical effects.

I am not aware of scientific studies done on the effects of sleep deprivation, but I suspect that sleep deprivation could be a contributing factor to the high incidence of cancer among scientology staff members, especially in the sea organization.

While a person lives in the must-get-your-stat-up environment they cannot get a good sleep that is long enough, deep enough or relaxed enough to gain much of sleep's benefits. I suspect the deleterious effects accumulate over time.

For those scientologists lurking this is the place I would normally taunt you about your stats. This time I'm not going to do that. I'm going to ask a question that has concern for you in it.

How is your health?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:05 pm 

How many members who died of cancer spent time on the Freewinds?

Do we have any names and perhaps diagnosis informations on people who died of cancer who were either assigned to duty on the Freewinds, or took classes/levels there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:19 pm 

Dunvegan wrote:
How many members who died of cancer spent time on the Freewinds?

Do we have any names and perhaps diagnosis informations on people who died of cancer who were either assigned to duty on the Freewinds, or took classes/levels there?

Unless the med diagnosis was requested and posted up by the ex-member themselves, it'd be very difficult to get any med info to generate statiscics from... especially this early in the game.

This is one of those instances where the initial impact of the information is explosive, but is still gonna end up a "wait and see" game as exes (and maybe currently in) find that 2+2=4 and start the process of asking the proper authorities "WTF?".

It's kinda like what one industry mag called Win NT: "Big wave, slow wave"

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:23 pm 

Hey Wieber your posts descibing the life of a staff member are very well thought out! You bring back the worst of memories (not complaining though) and make me very happy that I am out! You tell it exactly how it is, and yet sadly many of them seem to think it's all for the greatest good, or for the third dynamic, completely disregading their personal well being.

If I were a staff member or public still in,after reading your posts here I would definitely run as far and as fast from the org as possible !

Kudos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:48 am 

Dunvegan, the problem with people getting cancer from the blue asbestos particles on the so called ship is that the cancer can take thirty years to show up after the first exposure to the carcinogen. At least that's my understanding of it. The other thing about the blue asbestos as I understand it is that the microscopic particles are like a burr that lodges in the tissue of the lung and then stays there. Further to that, one particle is all it takes.

As I understand it, not all the cancers to which scientologists fall victim, are from the blue asbestos of the ship. Although there has been no scientific analysis of scientology's population regarding the incidence of cancer, the anecdotal material points to a higher incidence of cancer among sea organization members than in the overall population.

Cancer, however, is not the sole concern as to the health of scientology staff members and sea organization staff. scientologists who are on staff and especially sea organization members suffer from a number of physical problems.

Malnutrition is the primary thing that sea organization staff members suffer from. I received a brochure that showed the new person in charge of things at the flag service org. The woman is severely underweight and her face looks cadaverous. I have dealt with many sea organization staff where my unspoken evaluation of them had the terms beanpole, stick-man/stick-woman, preying mantis, and skeleton-with-skin-on applied to the person. I once hugged a sea organization person and was shocked that they were so skinny. People who are undernourished to that extent have almost no resistance to illnesses.

The next thing that is wrong with most staff especially sea organization members is dental neglect. I am fortunate that my three missing teeth are molars in the back of my mouth. (I haven't counted but I have had seven to nine root canals.) I have seen a number of sea organization staff who had missing teeth where the gaps were up front.

Malnutrition, being underweight and poor dental hygiene in and of themselves are problematical but there are indications that those conditions can lead to cancerous complications. The blue asbestos powder just adds to the deadly mix.

This all gets compounded with Hubbard's wacky nutritional 'tech.' He issued a series of bulletins on what people should and should not eat. There should be a thread on just that subject with quotes from those bulletins. It just gets worse and worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:47 am 

Dunvegan, Weiber,

IF, someone sees a doctor in $cientology is it usually a $cientology Doc?

The reason I ask, is that it presents another potential 'non-lawsuit' burden that ex-members could bring to bear on $scientology.

Where I live, statutes require Doctors to supply patient records within two week of a request and the fee is fixed at $2.00 per page.

If ex-scinos started requesting their medical records be mailed to them, it might add administrative burden to '$cino-docs' and by extension pressure to the '$scieno-machinery'.

Also, if those records contained treatments or recommendations that are 'non-standard' medical practice, it could be used to lodge a complaint with a local medical examining board. Again, a cost free, 'non-lawsuit' avenue of redress.

It may be a small thing, but I wanted to mention it, FWIW.

fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 am 

this is still a great thread

Thinking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:54 am 

Quote:
While a person lives in the must-get-your-stat-up environment they cannot get a good sleep that is long enough, deep enough or relaxed enough to gain much of sleep's benefits. I suspect the deleterious effects accumulate over time.

So true, and Ron even encouraged that in his policy, referring to a good executive as one who breathes, sleeps and lives their product (my memory is rusty). There's just no time off for executives.

Quote:
IF, someone sees a doctor in $cientology is it usually a $cientology Doc?

By word of mouth of Scientology public and Directors of Processing/Medical Liason Officers etc people are referred to any practising Scientology doctors in their area, even travelling out of their way to go to one. Some popular Scientology doctors with some very wierd approaches are _____ (can't mention my own past doctor), and Dr. Pepi of Washington D.C who even conducts consultations over the phone :roll: If a Scientology doctor can't be found, a doctor who seems to be sympathetic to Scientology is found and "everyone" goes to him/her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:33 pm 

scientology loves to get a doctor. Doctors in scientology get extra special treatment, probably even better than most celebrities.

The org for which I was on staff had two. They both got a much longer duration of love bombing than anyone else. Layered onto the doctoring goes vitamin therapy, purification rundown material, cal-mag, niacin, and Ron's wacky weird dietary 'tech.'

If you do get your medical records from former scientology doctors, I think the first thing to do is take them to a non scientology doctor. You may run into the 'class protection syndrome' though so watch it.

'Class protection syndrome' is a mind set where a person tends to protect and defend other members of their class. Mothers defend other mothers. Policemen defend other policemen. Teachers defend other teachers. This isn't scientology. It's from my observation. People tend to do that without looking at any other information but that the person involved is in the same class or category.

A doctor will tend to defend a scientology doctor because they're a doctor and in the same class. Like I said watch for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 pm 

Wieber wrote:
scientology loves to get a doctor. ...
The org for which I was on staff had two. They both got a much longer duration of love bombing than anyone else.

wait a minute... SM said love-bombing isn't done in scientology... SuzanneMarie, could you comment on this?

Wieber wrote:
Layered onto the doctoring goes vitamin therapy, purification rundown material, cal-mag, niacin, and Ron's wacky weird dietary 'tech.'

I've yet to see any legitimate scientist or doctor who agrees that the Purif or any of the wacky nutritional theories in scn are valid. Still waiting...

Wieber wrote:
If you do get your medical records from former scientology doctors, I think the first thing to do is take them to a non scientology doctor.

Would love to hear from anyone who's done that. I would expect the reaction from the real doctor would be long looks of puzzlement, perhaps some shaking of the head...

-N

Thinking

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next