Hubbard's use of hypnosis - Dianetic's true SOURCE revealed

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Post Reply
User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:17 am

Important Video, this is Stacy Young and Vaughn Young demonstrating hypnosis in Scientology basic courses.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-Scientolo ... n-19932258
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
Sponge
Posts: 14692
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:23 am
Location: U.K.

Post by Sponge » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:35 am

lermanet_com wrote:Important Video, this is Stacy Young and Vaughn Young demonstrating hypnosis in Scientology basic courses.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-Scientolo ... n-19932258
I'll watch it Arnie, but only if you promise that I won't get hypnotized ;).

BTW, The british interviewer on the vid is a guy called Paul McKenna. He used to have a very popular TV show here in the UK basically doing stage hypnotism. He did do some less crass programs that were very interesting (the video clip being an example from). Thesedays, he concentrates on his "how to improve your life in 7 days" cashcow type stuff.

Thanks for posting the clip.

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 pm

you wont get hypnotized from watching stacy and vaughn do Some scientology "TRs"

but you might get hypnotized and feel like doing some new thingsm by this audio of me reading a passage from one of Milton Erickson's sessions...LINK where he uses a story of a child learning to walk to empower.

Hypnosis is practically 'everywhere', trance states are a part of life.

What is important beyond any possible stress and emphasis, is WHO is the operator..in clinical or stage hypnosis it is the hypnotist, in scientology it is Hubbard doing it through his clones "duplicating source"... or Hubbard himself in a tape or book or PL.

In stage hypnosis the old writers explain that the 'prestige' and 'altitude' and 'professional bearing' of the hypnotist is essential for RAPID inductions... because of the increased expectation... - and the most simple definition of hypnosis, is what occurs when anything or anyone focuses your attention upon one thing for a length of time.

After 20 minutes of deep meditation, I even checked the E-meter a couple times and found a nice wide F/N..

Taking control of your own trance state, by practice, is called "meditation". Once you become intimately familiar with invoking and ending your own trance states, YOU get back in your driver's seat and throw out whomever was there, be it Hubbard, or the abusive individual or ..the man on TV to quote an old Rolling Stone's song, Satisfaction:

When I'm watchin' my TV
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Stumbled upon a segment with a lucid explanation from Margaret SInger describing hypnosis..
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Link from an email from a supporter of Lermanet.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fSMJtFwYS4

Roy Masters: Hypnotizing People
He says we are all hypnotized and evil people take advantage of this.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Scientology WORKS!!!

------------------------------

I used to believe that...

Pick up the Cans Please, This is the session

Is an example of a keyword phrase..most scientologist's react accordingly..when it is delivered in the same style as the hypnotic operator...

Hubbard fooled me for ten years and then some... it took another decade before I was willing to even talk to a psychiatrist .. and I was fortunate to meet and discuss Hubbard's scam with Dr Margaret Singer and Dr. Jolly West.

Hubbard liked to tell us to ALWAYS GO TO SOURCE.. meaning what the worlds most famous con man, wrote or said... well, I did him one better, I dug up every book I could find on mind control psychology,hypnotism, and electroanalgesia published between 1935 and 1956, and I browsed through them, and when I found something that smelled scientological, and my usage is like the word scatalogical... I'd read the entire text and then study the bibliography and references and then read those.

Hubbard even liked to taunt us... to see if were 'right there with him in the trance" by telling us things to see if we would notice. In one lecture on PDC, Hubturd says, "and if you think this has anything to do with hypnosis, read George Estabrooks"

Have any of you done that? If not, You will, keep reading..

Hubbard admits he knows who this fellow Estabrooks is, and it would be a safe assumption that he read him and knew you would not, because he intended to make you so busy studying his rubbish that you would never get the chance anyway, because if you did....you would find out that Dianetics and Scientology are based upon suggestion and covert military style, hypnosis.

Hubbard was a master stage hypnotist..His literary agent, forrest ackerman and others recounted his stellar performances... LINK to Forrest Ackerman's typewritten notes (Scroll down for images)

In one a kid goes around showing everyone in the room this cute miniature kangaroo, hopping about in his hand...when everyone laughs at him for doing so. LINK

Another stood screaming in pain, while holding a wooden handrail. Hubbard had told them that they were holding onto a red hot iron rail and could not let go.

If you combine both of these you get the condition of scientologist...

George Estabrooks, wrote a book about covert use of hypnosis as a fiction, in order to escape the secrecy act, because he was a psychologist who was an expert hypnotist and was called to work for The Office of Strategic Services - OSS. In his book, aptly called "Death in the Mind" he describes a fictitious tale, but states that all the scenarios are based on referenced, tested, techniques, and he even gave the citations.

I will share one paragraph from this book today...(c) 1945 It is creepy reading,

Image

as creepy as Hubbard's test of whether we were swallowing everything he gushed when he said in OTIII "to Only run yourself and your BT's through Incident II up until you see the picture of the pilot saying "I'm mocking it up""

Was that "pilot' a jaunty looking Hubbard in his captain's uniform telling you exactly what he was doing??

Hubbard said: "I'm mocking it up"

And if any of you recall the fine print in the OTIII bulletins that said that if you did NOT see any BTs you would be required to redo your entire bridge again.. at YOUR expense.

That sounds like an implied but very compelling direct command, doesn't it?

On the subject of direct commands, consider, in Dianetics, the command value of the word "clear". Did any of you wonder why he repeated it over and over and over again?? I did, but it took me 40 years before I knew why he did... Because iit would make your previous life disappear, your friends, disappear, your family - disappear, and your bank (account) that sneaky bastard, no wonder the reges seem so irresistable.. youhad to CLEAR your BANK! A=A, eh?

More including a book HYPNOSIS, by Estabrooks, HERE

TR0 exposed as The Eye To Eye Technique for deep trance induction in a 1956 book called Hypnosis for Salesmen LINK which also contains a chapter called "Never give the customer a Choice" Does the Dissem policy by that same title sound familiar? Think Hubbard might have read this?

AND

TR1 where you read nonsensical lines from Alice in Wonderland...is in fact The Confusion Technique for covert trance induction being used on your twin.... The "Alice in Wonderland" technique using The book by the same name, is described in the Army Kubark Interrogation manual from the 50's

"Get your TRs in"

turns out to actually mean, enter L Ron Hubbard's controlled trance...where you duplicate source...do, perceive and believe exactly what Ron said, and justify it forever until you snap out of it.

And when you are sitting in the waiting room for your next session, what were you reading, while you "got your TR's IN" ??? The Gradation Chart!!! LINK You were feeding yourself suggestions, on what you would achieve in the session!

I have many more examples for those with the courage to read them..

And do not feel badly, these were military techniques, used for espionage, and counter-espionage, and it was known that the best subjects for hypnosis were highly intelligent people. because highly intelligent people, can control their minds better!

And you thought you had Body Thetans...

(c) Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
WE COME BACK
for our friends and family
to help get them
out of scientology
before they end up here:
whyaretheydead.net

"Auditing is a simple, thoroughly designed means, of concentrating the mind to the state of a controlled trance. The aim and result is progressively to enforce loyalty to and identification with Scientology to the detriment of one's natural awareness of divergent ways of thinking and outside cultural influences. Love and allegiance are more and more given exclusively to Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard."
Dr. John Gordon Clark, Doctor of Medicine of Harvard Medical School

"The most effective weapons of the Oppressor Are the minds of the Oppressed"
Steve Biko

HYPNOSIS WORKS!

------------------------

Credit goeth to LRH Lied on ocmb / Feisty nick on ARS, for your inspiration, for repeatedly directing my attention to Estabrooks "Death in the Mind" even when I no longer felt like digesting this stuff any longer..
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
Benny's Friend
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: AKA Resistance is Futile / AKA Patricia Curtis
Contact:

Post by Benny's Friend » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Thank you for being such a valuable resource, Arnie. I'm sure your work is deeply appreciated by those at every stage in their awakening.

Plus, it's dang fascinating!

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Benny's Friend wrote:Thank you for being such a valuable resource, Arnie. I'm sure your work is deeply appreciated by those at every stage in their awakening.

Plus, it's dang fascinating!
Yeah it is fascinating, but I wish it paid better.

and thank you but it is not all my work, it takes a lot of work to even locate some of these texts, and there are faster readers than I who scan through tens of books per month, and then find things and then tell me, hey LOOK at this..some turn out to be false positives, so i do not waste readers time with the inconsequential, we waste OUR time for YOU, to find the gems..


Them: Arnie look at this

Me: I don;t feel like it, my back hurts..

Them: Please look at this, this is important.

Me: Oh to hell with 'em, scientologuists are the most selfish folks Ive ever met,

Them: Please look at this..

Me: If I wanted to punish scientologists, I'd let them stay in scientology

Them: Arnie, you need to read this...

Me: Dang, (if I look at it maybe they will stop bugging me) okay


a short while later:

Me: Holy mackeral! this is HOT! ( and to me "HOT" is proportional to how many other previously known 'dots' the new material aligns into a spear to pierce the heart of the beast.

and

if it connects into a new, now recognizable pattern of conduct by scientoliogy...

Then I try to present the data in way that recovering scientologists might, possibly, understand it, I write the hypnosis stuff for scientologists, no need to preach to the choir, and use linguistic tricks to try to get it through their thick hypnotized skulls, trying to balance satisfactory presentation with the fact that at this time, sooner is better than later, because anything we do, is being amplified by the efforts of tens of thousands of anonymous.

And time is natures most powerful amplifier of effort..

for example

Consider if you will, the 80 microamps from an E-meter...after 30 minutes the dose of electricity is equal to a theraputic dose used clinically at USC to induce a pain free state called "electroanalgesia", and it just so happens that Volney Mathison, the father of the E-meter was involved in some of this stuff..

analgesia = pain free

Underneath the toughest scientologist true believer, once you get them to wake up and deal with their denial, (and hubbard's programming) you often find exceptionally intelligent beings.. because not just Estabrooks, but Harry Aarons et al. noted that it is intelligence that determines hypnotizability,

because intelligent people can control their minds better!
Last edited by lermanet_com on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
caroline
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:29 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by caroline » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey Arnie look at this.

Here's Hubbard on the confusion technique.
From Lecture 24 June 1952 Technique 88 Motion & Maybes by L. Ron Hubbard who wrote:There is an energy output, and as you start bringing a P.C. up the tone scale there is a direct relationship between the amount of cause he can be, and the energy output which you see in his actual attention. The human race is pretty squirreled up about this. An earlier group than us thought there was an energy flow out of the forehead, and it came from a third eye. It is just a somatic. I can wipe out third eyes as fast as you can turn them on. Later on, people thought there was a energy flow out of the eye. The hypnotist uses this, but actually it is just the subject seeing a shiny, glassy surface- which is hypnotic. The old hypnotist had a pretty good line, because he always showed them his left eye, which is the sinister side of the body.

That, by the way, is a facsimile; one that splits the body in half, and make the sinister side, and the good side. (The house divided against itself - divide and rule - I guess that will keep you in line.) Is long as you can keep a persons’ attention units spinning, and enturbulating, as in the sketch on the previous page - Boy! Can he be controlled. Hypnotism is an example of this. The hypnotist works on nothing but confusion. He will have some small boy stand in a narrow door-way pressing out, with his hands held down at his sides, and pressing out on the door frame. Then he will have the boy step away, and into the room, and he will say, “Your hands will now rise.” Of course the residual muscular tension that has built up will cause his hands to float up in the air willy - nilly. The child thinks, “What happened to me I no longer control myself.” The hypnotist can then implant (into this now completely unresistive child) any suggestion he desires ... “You are now a dog.” And the boy will bark. That is what hypnotism is, a confusion done through some sensory channel. It is nothing but a confusion through which another individual can implant a flow of attention units. This flow can be directed right to the motor control centers. You can mesmerize a person, take over the motor control centers, and you move - he moves. That, by the way, is a psychoses.

You will find people like that in institutions, you raise your hand, and they will respond by raising their same side hand. There was a country, not too long ago, that got to doing this. It is a wonderful way to control.
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.ph ... Itemid=240
... did I hear you say "Holy mackeral! this is HOT!" :smile:

Thanks again for what you do Arnie.
INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST TRAINING ROUTINE – TR L
Purpose: To train the student to give a false statement with good TR-1. To train the student to outflow false data effectively.
Commands: Part l “Tell me a lie”.

User avatar
Peter Schilte
Posts: 1864
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Vierlingsbeek (Netherlands)

Post by Peter Schilte » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 pm

In this thread
the man doing the E-meter autopsy explains in the 2nd video that the E-meter only reacts to uncontrollable muscle twitches. And nothing else. That is what makes the needle move.
At the moment that the person on the cans gets a floating needle, it means that the person has no longer muscle twitches because he is in a state of being hypnotized.

So the E-meter can in fact be used to check if the person on the cans is hypnotized or not!

Peter
"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM."
- L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Peter Schilte wrote:
So the E-meter can in fact be used to check if the person on the cans is hypnotized or not!

Peter
dear peter,
Yes indeed, and this may be the purpose of those "meter checks" done on staff members when things are not going well..

and thank you caroline..!!
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:12 pm

caroline wrote:Hey Arnie look at this.

Here's Hubbard on the confusion technique.
[color=brown wrote:"From Lecture 24 June 1952 Technique 88 Motion & Maybes by L. Ron Hubbard who"]There is an energy output, and as you start bringing a P.C. up the tone scale there is a direct relationship between the amount of cause he can be, and the energy output which you see in his actual attention.[/color]


I dont know about you but the above is confusion technique as described my Milton Erickson HERE

The human race is pretty squirreled up about this. An earlier group than us thought there was an energy flow out of the forehead, and it came from a third eye.

He is referring to Hindu

It is just a somatic.

make nothing of it, like it's just a meat body, or it's just a consideration..

I can wipe out third eyes as fast as you can turn them on.

Hypnosis works

Later on, people thought there was a energy flow out of the eye. The hypnotist uses this, but actually it is just the subject seeing a shiny, glassy surface- which is hypnotic.

This is what happens during TR0, I get the feeling Hubfart wants to just tell people, look, Im conning you! ha ha you cant even see THAT!!! Where is your wallet, er I mean 'empty your bank'..


The old hypnotist had a pretty good line, because he always showed them his left eye, which is the sinister side of the body.

hmmmm from all the materials Ive read I have nothing to correlate this statement, regarding left eye - at least in hypnosis..., I believe he just making stuff up, as usual, and mixing in something based on occultism, which is based on something called 'maleoculi' - the italian evil eye, which puts a curse on the target...


That, by the way, is a facsimile; one that splits the body in half, and make the sinister side, and the good side.

if this makes sense to anyone reading it, seek professional help NOW.

(The house divided against itself - divide and rule - I guess that will keep you in line.) Is long as you can keep a persons’ attention units spinning, and enturbulating, as in the sketch on the previous page - Boy! Can he be controlled.

And this why scientology staff must run from course to course in clearwater..with no time off for anything because of how important the imagined results (which are like the Egress, in PT Barnum's carnival) -- and this, btw, what was done to Bob and Stacy at the Lisa McPherson Trust...

Hypnotism is an example of this. The hypnotist works on nothing but confusion. He will have some small boy stand in a narrow door-way pressing out, with his hands held down at his sides, and pressing out on the door frame. Then he will have the boy step away, and into the room, and he will say, “Your hands will now rise.” Of course the residual muscular tension that has built up will cause his hands to float up in the air willy - nilly. The child thinks, “What happened to me I no longer control myself.” The hypnotist can then implant (into this now completely unresistive child) any suggestion he desires ... “You are now a dog.” And the boy will bark.

IMO Hubbard is feeding us a red herring here...This is not "what hypnotism is" Hubbard is covering up his tracks here... with lies, as usual.... this is A single technique of many techniques, used for inducing hypnosis, - this is the ideamotor effect, - and for what its worth, the E-meter apparatus, is in fact an ideomotor.. just like the the combination of the kid in the doorframe...

The Confusion Technique is also referred to in the Alice In Wonderland section of the Kubark military interrogation manual..


That is what hypnotism is, a confusion done through some sensory channel. It is nothing but a confusion through which another individual can implant a flow of attention units. This flow can be directed right to the motor control centers. You can mesmerize a person, take over the motor control centers, and you move - he moves. That, by the way, is a psychoses.


He is now talking about something in the prior and following paragraph that is described better as "autosuggestion" or as "autosuggestion via implication" Hubbard uses tons of this, and this is the main conceptual block that prevents current victims of covert hypnosis and scientology from recovering... because they look at the (autosuggestion via implication of "facts") as "evidence" that something is there, and know rightly, that IT is not classic hypnosis, which is true, but I have not been able to master this part of Hubbard's deceit well enough to not confuse the reader further...when I try to explain it.

Whew...ok, I had to read that prior paragraph again, and yes it does make perfect sense, and if you can explain it better, please do...it needs to be explained and taught.

You will find people like that in institutions, you raise your hand, and they will respond by raising their same side hand. There was a country, not too long ago, that got to doing this. It is a wonderful way to control.
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.ph ... Itemid=240


This is not strictly saying, hypnosis, this effect is covered by Bechterev, in techniques used for the psychological manipulation of crowds by autosuggestion.

... did I hear you say "Holy mackeral! this is HOT!" :smile:

Thanks again for what you do Arnie.

From the Kubark Military Interrogation Manual:
Alice in Wonderland

The aim of the Alice in Wonderland or confusion technique is to confound the expectations and conditioned reactions of the interrogatee. He is accustomed to a world that makes some sense, at least to him: a world of continuity and logic, a predictable world. He clings to this world to reinforce his identity and powers of resistance.

The confusion technique is designed not only to obliterate the familiar but to replace it with the weird. Although this method can be employed by a single interrogator, it is better adapted to use by two or three. When the subject enters the room, the first interrogator asks a doubletalk question -- one which seems straightforward but is essentially nonsensical. Whether the interrogatee tries to answer or not, the second interrogator follows up (interrupting any attempted response) with a wholly unrelated and equally illogical query. Sometimes two or more questions are asked simultaneously. Pitch, tone, and volume of the interrogators' voices are unrelated to the import of the questions. No pattern of questions and answers is permitted to develop, nor do the questions themselves relate logically to each other. In this strange atmosphere the subject finds that the pattern of speech and thought which he has learned to consider normal have been replaced by an eerie meaninglessness. The interrogatee may start laughing or refuse to take the situation seriously. But as the process continues, day after day if necessary, the subject begins to try to make sense of the situation, which becomes mentally intolerable. Now he is likely to make significant admissions, or even to pour out his story, just to stop the flow of babble which assails him. This technique may be especially effective with the orderly, obstinate type.
Scientology, it's WORSE than you THINK
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
Benny's Friend
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: AKA Resistance is Futile / AKA Patricia Curtis
Contact:

Post by Benny's Friend » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Arnie wrote: He is now talking about something in the prior and following paragraph that is described better as "autosuggestion" or as "autosuggestion via implication" Hubbard uses tons of this, and this is the main conceptual block that prevents current victims of covert hypnosis and scientology from recovering... because they look at the (autosuggestion via implication of "facts") as "evidence" that something is there, and know rightly, that IT is not classic hypnosis, which is true, but I have not been able to master this part of Hubbard's deceit well enough to not confuse the reader further...when I try to explain it.
So, when focusing on the purely present-at-hand "evidence" (i.e. the hands rising) the conscious mind overrules the subconscious and/or instinctual awareness of the inconsistency?

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

More kubark...alice in wonderland, placebo technique and the 'magic room' technique..I added some notes in brackets

The placebo technique is also used to induce regression The interrogatee is given a placebo (a harmless sugar pill). Later he is told that he has imbibed a drug, a truth serum, (OR THE E_METER!!!~) which will make him want to talk and which will also prevent his lying. The subject's desire to find an excuse for the compliance that represents his sole avenue of escape from his distressing predicament may make him want to believe that he has been drugged and that no one could blame him for telling his story now. Gottschelk observes, "Individuals under increased stress are more likely to respond to placebos."(7)

Orne has discussed an extensions of the placebo concept in explaining what he terms the "magic room" technique. (Is this the secret of the Super Power Building??) "An example... would be... the prisoner who is given a hypnotic suggestion that his hand is growing warm. However, in this instance, the prisoner's hand actually does become warm, a problem easily resolved by the use of a concealed diathermy machine. Or it might be suggested... that... a cigarette will taste bitter. Here again, he could be given a cigarette prepared to have a slight but noticeably bitter taste." In discussing states of heightened suggestibility (which are not, however, states of trance) Orne says, "Both hypnosis and some of the drugs inducing hypnoidal states are popularly viewed as situations where the individual is no longer master of his own fate and therefore not responsible for his actions. It seems possible then that the hypnotic situation, as distinguished from hypnosis itself, might be used to relieve the individual of a feeling of responsibility for his own actions and thus lead him to reveal information."(7)

In other words, a psychologically immature source, or one who has been regressed, could adopt an implication or suggestion that he has been drugged, hypnotized, or otherwise rendered incapable of resistance, even if he recognizes at some level that the suggestion is untrue, because of his strong desire to escape the stress of the situation by capitulating. These techniques provide the source with the rationalization that he needs.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

User avatar
lermanet_com
Posts: 4149
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Hop-Skip Away from Scientology TODAY!
Contact:

Post by lermanet_com » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Benny's Friend wrote:
Arnie wrote: He is now talking about something in the prior and following paragraph that is described better as "autosuggestion" or as "autosuggestion via implication" Hubbard uses tons of this, and this is the main conceptual block that prevents current victims of covert hypnosis and scientology from recovering... because they look at the (autosuggestion via implication of "facts") as "evidence" that something is there, and know rightly, that IT is not classic hypnosis, which is true, but I have not been able to master this part of Hubbard's deceit well enough to not confuse the reader further...when I try to explain it.
So, when focusing on the purely present-at-hand "evidence" (i.e. the hands rising) the conscious mind overrules the subconscious and/or instinctual awareness of the inconsistency?
I regret that I am not prepared to explain it well yet... and I have something else I must do that is urgent, but here is a 2nd stab in the dark effort, I call it the Key Liem Pie technique (tm) Lermanet.com

If what I wrote in my last comment re what hubturd was up to makes sense to you, Id really appreciate if readers would try to explain it to me... if you 'grok' what im getting at there...

it is a technique used in the books mostly and tapes

example pulled out of thin air...


This sentence has five words.

This sentence has more than five words.

Men yearn for freedom.

I have found a path to total freedom.

Act now, the agonized future of every man woman and child depends on what you do here and now, today.

Send $10 to lermanet.com Exposing the CON

This provides a similar (counting heads) effect that a room with 5 people all saying the same thing, it creates an implication of peer pressure, but forms it in your own mind by getting you to agree to obvious truths repetitively.. !st sentence - you agree, 2nd one you agree, 3 rd you agree (plus deep appeal to emotion) then the KEY LIE(M) and another appeal to Emotion...

Many political speeches use this, many advertisements use this, - all who wish to manipulate you......

Hubbard uses it in his books.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Post Reply

Return to “Opinions & Debate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests