BLOWN FOR GOOD LAWSUIT IN CALIFORNIA

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
blownforgood

BLOWN FOR GOOD LAWSUIT IN CALIFORNIA

Post by blownforgood » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks to all those that have given their support over the past few months. It was greatly appreciated. It has been a busy year.

By now, most of you may have seen that I have brought a case against the Scientology enterprise in California.

As Larry Brennan mentioned in a post somewhere, there were a few others that were also part of the initial complaints that were filed. These names were intentionally listed to test what would happen with these people. Within hours of the complaints being filed, these people’s families were contacted and eventually some of these people would drop out of the case. The intimidation was swift and effective. This was expected and predicted. It was also illegal. So be it. It just made the case that much stronger. Additional evidence that backs up the case is created by the Scientology enterprise daily.

How many former employees of any company do you know that have private investigators at their 2 year old son’s preschool? Or, that have private investigators visiting friends and clients of a former employee?

The truth is, right now the Scientology enterprise pays out around $250,000 per week in wages. If (when) they lose this lawsuit, they will be paying 4 million per week to existing staff alone, not to mention past staff members that are owed unpaid wages.

Also, just to show that this has NOTHING to do with religion, most current churches pay their staff minimum wages. This is not something new. In fact, the Coalition of Churches and its many members have issued statements that they support the minimum wage standards so that there are no confusions on how THEY pay their employees. The current employees of the Scientology enterprises are being paid 1/20th of what the lowest paying average Church pays.

Some would say that I have the upper hand. I have spent nearly 20 years studying Scientology and how they operate. They have only just begun to study Blownforgood.

So OSA, while you have been watching my house, following me to the grocery store, bugging my friends, digging through my trash and taking pictures outside my company, I have been doing my homework for the upcoming work at hand.

If anyone reading this from the sidelines thinks that they too might have had some rights that were violated, you are probably right. You may have rights you did not even know about. Any people seriously interested in this can write to lordxenu@blownforgood.com . You must provide your full name and details regarding your employment history. If it appears that your rights might have been violated, you will be given additional information on what you might do about it.

Until next time...
BFG
If you knew what I know
And I am sure you would
You would do what I did
And be BLOWNFORGOOD!

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Excellent work BFG!ALong with many other people I'm wishing you well with this!If they can afford to pay so much for PI's,surely they can pay their own staff minimum wage at least.Stay safe and good luck!

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:49 pm

You're giving 'em hell, BFG.
Carry on and xenu speed!

Hippo

Post by Hippo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Glad to hear about this.

Changing the subject, do you have any news about your upcoming book?

charlottesometimes

Post by charlottesometimes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Very well done, Marc! This is amazing news.

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Whatever,whenever,wherever you may need help or support, this wogs there for you BFG.

carol

Post by carol » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm

blownforgood - you are an inspiration. Thank you!!!!
I wonder if family can go to bat for the older members still in that are living nearly destitute now.
stillsearching

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Marc, this is the proverbial shot that will be heard around the world. This is the overdue Revolution that COB has feared. This is where former Sea Org and Staff demand justice for themselves and their families. They are owed back pay by CoS. I join Marc in urging all former Scientology Sea Org and Staff to join this revolt. Contact BFG today.

The slave wages -- and we are talking about ~.37 cents an hour -- that Scientology has paid its workers is a matter that Tom Cruise and other leading Scientologists refuse to address. Tom Cruise and the others will not have a serious conversation with Culture about Scientology's slave wages because that would leave them defending the indefensible.

Slave wages is just one of the many reasons why Tom Cruise chose the coward's path of not saying anything but rather pointing only to Scientology's website.

Twist and squirm and lie all you want CoS: You cannot escape your Karma! Repentance is the only way out! Repent of your sins and pay people what they are owed. Clean up your crime of slave wages. This exploitation must end and will end. It will end with CoS collapsing or massively reforming itself. The choice is Scientology's to make.

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

fowimu

Post by fowimu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm also glad to hear that you are bringing a lawsuit. At the same time I'm fuming right now. Sending private investigators to your son's preschool! WTF is that about???? I hope that part comes out in court so people can see how low this cult is willing to sink.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm

i <3 bfg!!!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 pm

BFG you are their worst nightmare...Well that and anything that any of their celebs say to anybody who has not sipped the kool aid.

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:41 am

I was unable to read the SME linked info on the lawsuit.

Is this a Class Action suit? Can any ex-staff member who worked for slave wages join in? Would there be legal costs to join or will costs be paid upon settlement?

Many people will not do it because they don't want to be harassed, fair gamed, disconnected, etc. But if there was a figure, a "critical mass"
so-to-speak, of ex-staff suing, that might cancel out their ability to to do that and create a tidal wave of people joining the suit. Is there such a number? Can you say how many there are now?

There must be many hundreds, possibly thousands of ex staff and ex sea org. Can they all be contacted somehow to let them know what is happening?
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:35 am

Marc, thanks for taking this on at great risk to you and yours. I was never in the SO, but if there is anything I can do to help, just ask.

Martha

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:50 am

Dorothy wrote:I was unable to read the SME linked info on the lawsuit.
PDF file is downloadable from http://www.mediafire.com/?jizgod3lpjy
Dorothy wrote:Is this a Class Action suit?
No, this is a test case lawsuit. Definitions of "test case" are here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=la ... e&aq=f&oq=
Dorothy wrote:Can any ex-staff member who worked for slave wages join in? Would there be legal costs to join or will costs be paid upon settlement?
Please contact the attorney directly or contact BlownForGood at lordxenu@blownforgood.com.
Dorothy wrote:Many people will not do it because they don't want to be harassed, fair gamed, disconnected, etc. But if there was a figure, a "critical mass" so-to-speak, of ex-staff suing, that might cancel out their ability to to do that and create a tidal wave of people joining the suit. Is there such a number? Can you say how many there are now? There must be many hundreds, possibly thousands of ex staff and ex sea org. Can they all be contacted somehow to let them know what is happening?
If you read the actual complaint, and understand "What is a test case?" then I think some of your questions will be answered.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Smithers

Post by Smithers » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:52 am

This is huge!
BFG and Barry Van Sickle, you are real life internet superheroes. It is really inspiring seeing these courageous actions to force the CoS to stop breaking the law.

Also, have you considered the CoS violations of the Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988? As mentioned in some old threads:

viewtopic.php?&t=5503

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ogy-17627/

viewtopic.php?&t=27802

Every time a Scientology staff/Sea Org member is sec-checked, the CoS breaks the law.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”