OCMB: Some Statistics?

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
Tigger

OCMB: Some Statistics?

Post by Tigger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:13 am

Note: Compiled from information available to the public. Information, not available to the public is unknown and may change the totals and interpretation to some degree.

As of January 27, 2008, the list of *"shown'** "registered" users was 70:

(*Shown: Can be seen in the list at bottom of main page) **Registered: Those who have permission to post on OCMB)

Registration dates for those on the "shown" list:

2000 thru 2004...............8
January...........2
February........1
June..................2
July....................1
August.............2
Sept..................1
Oct.....................1
2007 Total.......................10
February........3
March..............3
April.................1
2008 Total........................7
Dates of last post of those on the "shown" list:
My 2007....................,,1
June 2008.................,,1
July 2008....................,3
August 2008..............2
September 2008......1
October 2008............7
November 2008.......1
December 2008........4
January 2009............50

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hidden: 35 Registered posters who have chosen the "Hidden" option (Probably more than this, but these are the ones found)

Dates of Registration:

2000 thru2004............................10
January 2008..........1
February, 2008......2
2008 Total......................................3

============================
Combined "shown list and "hidden" that are known as of January 27, 2009

2000 thru2006..................................83
2008 January thru April................10
April , 2008 - Jan. 27, 2009.............0

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jan. 25, 2008......Total registration applications...........45,950

Today....Jan. 28, 2008........46,214
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

LRonAnon

Post by LRonAnon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:34 am

Wow! I see your point quite clearly.

While Scientology is the fastest collapsing cult in the world.

OCMB growing exponentially.

The data has spoken, that is good news!
[b][url=http://tinyurl.com/5bljfh]Lighthouse Letter[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6hepqw]Love is Why[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6ap4ya]Human Rites[/url] - [url=http://tinyurl.com/6gevj2]SeaArrgh[/url][/b]

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 am

Tigger,

Is your point that many have applied but few have been allowed?
codo ergo sum.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm

programmer_guy wrote:Tigger,

Is your point that many have applied but few have been allowed?
Hi Programmer Guy,

Yes, that is one of several points, but it isn't necessarily the main point.

The reason why ......as has been stated......is that there has been "cult" spam and no time to activate requests for membership. Anyone applying for entry receives a very polite e-mail which refers you to his link which includes this explanation:
I've registered, why can't I get in?"

This message board is receiving a lot of very malicious attacks. Because of this we are forced to not allow new accounts in long periods. We apologise for this and wished, like you, we didn't have to. Your application for an account is archived and you will be notified when we are ready to open for new accounts. You can still read the board (and you should anyhow lurk before posting). Please look here for other places to go while you wait for your account to be enabled.

Getting 50, more or less, applications per day adds up to 1500, more or less, requests per month. If that number have been "applying" for membership for the last nine or ten months, that would mean a backlog of 15,000...more or less,
which would probably be an impossible task to screen and activate.

Who he/she/they/it are behind these "attacks" and what the motivation and/or goal is......is not clear. But the bottom line could be upset for legitimate people, who want to join the "fight against Scientology" and post here and loss of good feelings for this message board and Andreas.

Ditto for the Guest Book, which has been locked.....apparently.....since March, 2007.....although the invitation is still out and any guest, who would like to post there doesn't know he/she can't until he/she goes to post there..

The question is, should this continue as it has or should some adjustment be made to stop the "trolls", whoever they might be from accomplishing their goal. And/what should/could that adjustment be? You all know much more about this techie stuff than I do.

Has any other mesage board had a similar problem and how did they handle it?

Tigger

P.S. Four more "hidden" posters were seen today.....three were registered before 2008 and one was registered in Feb. 2008.
So that doesn't shoot down what seems to be a fact.....that no new account has been "enabled"since April of 2008.

There may be several more who have chosen for their names on the registered list to be hidden. If the "enabling" of anyone, either not on the "shown" list because they haven't posted in a while or if they have chosen to be "hidden" when they are posting,
were accepted after April of 2008, it might shed some more light on this situation.

P.S. 2 Yesterday, the "registered" count was 46,214. Right now, it is 46,295. The count goes on.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:55 pm

On January 24, the "registered" count was
45,899. Today, Feb. 3, it is 46,724.

The count goes on.

Nine more "Hidden" posters have been seen.....seven who weere "enabled" before 2008. Two who were "enabled" in Feb., 2008.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Roan

Post by Roan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:15 am

Tigger, I'll expect your next report by 2:00 pm Thursday! Image

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Tigger, you and I likely have a lot in common. I was apalled at what your daughter went through on the Freewinds, and I applaud you for allowing her to go in order to keep a relationship with her father.

I so understand your anger, I feel very much the same way.

You obviously have a great intellect and an incredible tenancity to and interest in this cause against the cult

I am writing this to you because for the first time I am seeing you as a person whos life has been affected by scientology for many years, much as mine
has.

There are all kinds of injustices in the world, I wish I had joined the Peace Corp instead of the Sea Org. But be that as it may, scientology does hurt people and that is what I know most about and I want them to stop it.

I am sure you do too. Next time you are visiting your family in San Francisco, please give me a PM. I would love to meet you, and lunch is on me.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 pm

What a nice post, Ladybird.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Roan wrote:Tigger, I'll expect your next report by 2:00 pm Thursday! Image

LOL....Aye, Aye Captain...:o)

But you expect too much. :).... I'm a Tuesday kind of gal.....

Tigger

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Ladybird wrote:Tigger, you and I likely have a lot in common. I was apalled at what your daughter went through on the Freewinds, and I applaud you for allowing her to go in order to keep a relationship with her father.

I so understand your anger, I feel very much the same way.

You obviously have a great intellect and an incredible tenancity to and interest in this cause against the cult

I am writing this to you because for the first time I am seeing you as a person whos life has been affected by scientology for many years, much as mine
has.

There are all kinds of injustices in the world, I wish I had joined the Peace Corp instead of the Sea Org. But be that as it may, scientology does hurt people and that is what I know most about and I want them to stop it.

I am sure you do too. Next time you are visiting your family in San Francisco, please give me a PM. I would love to meet you, and lunch is on me.
Hi Ladybird,

That was indeed a very nice post and kind invitation. Thank you. We probably do have a lot in common....we were just drawn to different sides of some critic disputes. Life is never smooth sailing, is it?

My daughter before she accepted her "graduation gift" was pretty well informed about the true nature of Scientology. Thanks to media reports at the time and a boyfriend at the time, who was in a legal fight with them over a chiropratic device he had invented. No, he was not a Scientologist......he had hired some Scientologist company to help him market it and they tried to steal it. He was even carrying a gun because he was so scared of threats that had been made to him.

Best Wishes to you and yours,

Tigger

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:24 pm

A little over two years ago the "registered" were:

Approvimately .............4,500
Today, Feb. 11, ...........47,375

Of the 42,875 it appears that very few that "registered" have been "enabled".

Snce last Tuesday, there have been 651 that have "registered", probably more than posts that were posted.

The "registered" I have noticed are from all over the world.....including China, Iraq, Jordan, Guam, Russia and some Africian countries. Do we have anyone who posts here from any of those countries?

Tigger

P.S. Roan, This is not Tuesday... :)
But Oklahoma had a QTD yesterday ......Quadruple Tornado Day and I was occupied elsewhere.
See you next Tuesday!
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roan

Post by Roan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Tigger wrote:P.S. Roan, This is not Tuesday... :)
But Oklahoma had a QTD yesterday ......Quadruple Tornado Day and I was occupied elsewhere.
See you next Tuesday!
Stay safe! :)

ttyl

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:08 am

Roan wrote:
Tigger wrote:P.S. Roan, This is not Tuesday... :)
See you next Tuesday!
Stay safe! :)

ttyl

LOL.....it just dawned on me ......today is February 11, not the 10th.

How sweet of you Roan. I spent 30 minutes in a basement, but the nearest one to me was at least ten miles away. Today, it's bright and sunny again.

Best,

Tigger

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009

Today's Total.........................................47,829
Count on Jan. 24,, 2009.....................45,899

In a little over three weeks 24-25 days.......1,930 have "registered" (a daily average of 77 per day. )

Of the few I have clicked on.....the locations were:

One for:

Israel, Jordon, Yemen, Japan, Trinidad, Tobago, Eritrea, Sri Lanka, Guatemala, Portugal, Singapore, Haiti, Antigua & Baruda, Burkina Faso, Canada.

Two for:

USA

Most of these seem to be promoting some website or business. Most provided an e-mail, all provided a location.

Approximate date OCMB revamped July, 2005.....until about February, 2007, (19 mos.)the number "registered'" was approximately....................................4,500

From February, 2007 to February 17, 2009.................about 24 months....the
"registered" were............................43,329

A lot of foxes wanting to get in the Hen House? Or a lot of wolves keeping roosters out? :)

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

February 24, 2009
Today's Total:..................................48,337
February 17, 2009..........................47,829

An increase of 508. At this rate, in another three weeks or so.....the 50,000 mark will be hit. How many more will it take before something is done about it?

Since my last report, I have noted "registrations" from: (That's what was in the Location slot.)

No Location...............4
Unreadable................1
Estonia..........................1
Calif................................1
Equidalerrl..................1
Ireland..........................1
Georgia........................1
Jordan..........................2
Tranzania....................1
USA................................2
Syria..............................1
Canada.........................1