One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:04 am 

Don Carlo wrote:
Could Miscavige be hiding from subpoenas from a financial/real-estate scam/disaster?

I don't know.

One thing that I have learned about sociopaths (and I have known quite a few) is that they have NO conscience and couldn't care less about the damage they've done.

But...they do still experience fear which is usually not fully acknowledged and can manifest in full blown paranoia among other things.

It's because they know that people will eventually wake up to how they have been screwed and some of those people have the inclination and wherewithal to be looking for some payback.

Also, there can be a whole lot of projection where they know that they would be looking to kill someone if they were treated like they treated others.

There is no one more suspicious than a crook. He is convinced that everyone else is as dishonest as he is himself.

They may never admit this to another person or even themselves, but, it does drive them.

You can see socipaths that have drinking/drug problems. Not from the conflict of conscience (because they don't have one), but, from the pressure of having to 'look over their shoulder' and from the pressure of 'trying to remember to forget'.

No matter how deep in denial a person can be, there is almost always some awareness of the whole concept of 'consequences'. The attempt to continue to suppress and escape that awareness....and the refusal to deal with it...leads to all kinds of bizarre symptoms and actions.

Full blown psychosis can be the result of yet another 'escape attempt'.

Look at Jesus H. Hubbard at the end.

DM may just be heading down that same exact road right about now.

If he says he fears that 'people are trying to kill him', it may just be that he knows (consciously or subconsciously) that he has done so much damage that it could justify such an action from some people in his mind.

Sociopaths tend to implode sooner or later. They have an inherently unsound model of life.

Jesus H. Hubbard is a perfect example. A guy more full of sh** you could never meet, but, he still couldn't pull it off forever. It caught up with him.

In the end, Karma spares no one.

Ya just can't fool The Universe. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 pm 

I asked the question on 31 Dec 2008, "Will Tommy Davis become the next COB of Scientology Inc.?" Specifically, will Tommy become COB RTC and assume several, or all, of DM's posts?

Following the series of events in the past three months that have seen Tommy Davis rocket to prominence in the Cult, it can be seen that Davis has obviously been trained by a PR Agency in presenting himself to the camera and thinking before he answers questions. He is clearly being groomed for bigger things. To his credit, he is giving answers to tough questions such as the upper level materials. The answers are not satisfactory to critics, but the public at large may accept them. Tommy is trying to blunt the critics. At the same time, he is emerging as the putative leader of the Scientology Cult. Tommy is not the flaming idiot we all saw in May, 2007 attacking John Sweeney. He is now a smoother, more PR savvy man. Of course, he lies and lies, but this is what Scientology does: Whenever its lips are moving it is lying.

With DM missing in action, I still think that Tommy Davis is the heir apparent. I look for a change of leadership in CoS this year. An interim move would be to have Tommy replace Heber as the President of CoS. Heber is old; Scientology likes young. My bet: Tommy replaces Heber and then replaces DM. It all happens in 2009.

The Cult knows that DM is the major, flapping Hill 10 PR disaster. DM has accordingly taken himself far off the radar. Even if he does not abdicate power, I think that DM has to abdicate as a PR move to help save Scientology. This is clearly the greatest good. Under the precedent of "LRH Advices" DM could issue "DM Advices" and run the church while not holding any posts. Alternatively, of course, we could see Tommy Davis announce that DM causatively dropped his body to pursue exo-body OT work with LRH at VARBO.

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Last edited by J. Swift on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm 

Elwrong hid from the law so why not dm...if its good enough for source, it must be good enough for the clammy napoleon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:15 pm 

J. Swift wrote:
Of course, he lies and lies, but this is what Scientology does: Whenever its lips are moving it is lying.
Scientology does this one better - the OT technique of lipless lies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:30 pm 

J. Swift wrote:
Even if he does not abdicate power, I think that DM has to abdicate as a PR move to help save Scientology. This is clearly the greatest good. Under the precedent of "LRH Advices" DM could issue "DM Advices" and run the church while not holding any posts.

DM emulate Hubbard and go off into the desert? Hm. I can see only one problem with that - DM knows what the result was! He ended up in control of the cult, with Hubbard busy writing his 'masterwork' Mission Earth out on the ranch.
I think he's satisfied with things as they are. He is firmly in charge, his minions are incompetent losers both in his own mind and increasingly in reality and are no threat to him. No one dares point out to him that things are getting worse, so they are not.

http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm 

Tommy Davis. Competent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6oWZzgCHqw

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm 

TheEvilOfScientology wrote:

I've never seen Tommy so persuasive!!!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 pm 

Tommy couldn't stop Gold picketing, despite buddying up to sister-enriching Riverside County supervisor Jeff Stone. Tommy isn't careful enough either - several newspapers "caught" him admitting that the Xenu story is part of his religion. Celebrity appearances and crowd size are down at CoS events. So Tommy could be stressed and worried even if he is being groomed as heir apparent.

If Miscavige is panicking and about to flee to someplace with no extradition to the US, we don't want a smooth transition of power to his poodle Tommy Davis. Since Tommy shows no sign of reconciliation with critics or of being connected to reality, he needs scrutiny and mockery. Can people list any embarassing quotes by Tommy, with time and place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:43 pm 

TheEvilOfScientology wrote:

Good sir, I take your point: Competent is a relative term. Tommy Davis is a competent Scientology Official in the same way that sub-prime mortgages were competent financial instruments.

To be fair to Tommy Davis, the YT video you cite uses a film loop technique. However, the looping allowed me to see that Tommy drops his head to one side when talking just as DM does. Ronald Reagan was the master of the "dropping your head to one side" gesture when speaking in public. I saw DM use this exact same head movement as he shook the hands of award winners at the 2007 New Years Event. Mike Rinder was never successful with this head gesture.

I look for Davis to become increasingly transmogrified into the image and likeness of DM. This happened with Tom Cruise and DM when they started their bromance, which bromance Katie may have interfered with, hence her recent Purif/Ethics Cycle at Int Base.

Does anyone know if this Thomas W. "Tommy" Davis person is single or married? Wikipedia says of Davis:

Quote:
He is independently wealthy as his family obtained success in the real estate business, and told Rolling Stone: "I have enough money to never work a day in my life."

/////

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:20 am 

Tommy Davis is a pretty face. Period.

He has no qualifications, either inside Scientology or out of it, to run anything. He grew up in Scientology and had the "job" of schmoozing celebs at Celebrity Center. He has never run a mission or an org. He has never managed a Scientology Continental Office. He has never held a Scientology Int Management position. He has never worked as a Scientology auditor or CS.

Fact is, he has never, never had a real job. He has never worked in or run a business.

I think the reason DM likes him is that he is a young, pretty face who can talk to media, yet is no power threat to DM. He is just simple and gullible enough to be completely manipulated by DM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:40 am 

$cientology/DM will dump Tommy Davis when all his trust fund-baby money is gone. It won't last forever and when it does run out he'll probably act like a jonesing coke addict and go running back to Mom (Anne Archer).

Think Tommy is getting free auditing, courses, Bridge etc.?? Think again. Tommy is making large IAS type donations, paying for his own narcissistic auditing, "helping" to build Ideal Orgs, etc., etc.

For over fifty years Scientology has done only a few things consistently: create ex-scientologists, ruin lives, empty bank accounts, etc. Tommy Davis will be no exception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 am 

Quote:
For over fifty years Scientology has done only a few things consistently: create ex-scientologists, ruin lives, empty bank accounts, etc. Tommy Davis will be no exception.

AMEN.

Tommy Davis as COB: ARE YOU KIDDING???

DM: You can run, but you cannot hide.

No, TD won't be a COB, unless in his dreams, and I doubt
even that. (And no, that doesn't mean DM is any better---he's
just too egotistical to give it up, imnsho).

My prediction is DM *will* try to run, but only after setting up
some phony front group to run the joint, and they shall fail, too.
Why? "THE TECH PROVES ORGANIZATIONAL FAILURE". :shock:

My best,

Tory/Magoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:09 pm 

Aren't you guys being a little hard on The Beaver? Sure, Tommy may have never run an Org, run a Cult into the ground, or destroyed a Civilization, but he has a Pepsodent Smile and can lie with verve. Tommy's perceived lack of substance and qualifications, I assure you, fully qualifies him to be a Leader in the same way that Jeff Stone is a Leader. Indeed, David Miscavige assumed the leadership of CoS with far less going for him that even Tommy Davis. DM didn't even know how to knot a tie properly when he began his present Reign of Terror. At least Tommy knows what a tailored $5,000 Italian wool suit feels like, and Cult leadership in Scientology is all about the Triumph of Style over Substance. Hence, LRH and his silk cravats and faux yacht club manners. Hence, DM and his phony US Naval Officer's tuxedo situated between soaring columns made of foam and painted gold. Oh yes, my dear colleagues, Scientology will get what it deserves and it deserves nothing less than Tommy Davis at the top of the pole arrayed in tuxedoed glory and festooned with golden lanyards and shined shoes.

The difference of opinion here lies in the fact that I have extremely low expectations for CoS as it moves into the future. I really do see the Cult capsizing in rough seas and DM sure as hell will not be on the Bridge when that happens. He will have long since gotten himself and his command intention into a luxury motor launch full of cash.

Call me cynical, but I believe that Scientology is capable of even greater failure than it has achieved heretofore. When COB loses people the caliber of Jeff Hawkins, Marc Headley, John Peeler, Little Bear Victor, Tory, Debbie Cook, and on and on, then Failure is not only the only option, it is in fact guaranteed.

DM's Paranoia Won: The Church of Scientology has been fully strip-mined of its best and brightest, and thus its very future. DM's Paranoia is the reason that CoS will get a neutered new leader who will lead the Chosen Frozen in hip hip hoorays to LRH.

At its very, very Heart, the Tech is Paranoia. The secret of the Tech is a deep and abiding Paranoia that lives at the very top of Scientology. DM did put the Tech in and for that I salute him.

/////

Last edited by J. Swift on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:34 am 

Tommy Davis is far more qualified than David Miscavige ever was. Dainty Davey's pedigree includes trailer trash dad the accused rapist, and (*) himself never even finished 8th grade. Plus David has a horrible reputation with rumors of his involvement in LRHs death, his mother-in-laws death, Mary Sue Hubbard and her childrens rip off, and many other scandals. Where is his wife Shelly BTW?

Tommy Davis will make a great COB! He grew up in the cult and he does not have a clue how stupid he and the cult is! Let 'er rip Tommy!!! Tell the world all about how great Scientology is!!! We couldn't ask for a better spokeshole than Tommy Davis!

"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 am 

Oh I agree..............for *us* TD would be great.

My point is this: I just don't get that he has the drive that DM had.
DM wanted that post---he needed that post---and he went after it
viciously.

I don't get Tommy has that same drive. He's grown up in the cult,
plus one for any future "Leader". He *is* brainwashed. He is a pretty boy, (sort of) who has learned how to avoid all questions --- and thus perfect for their PR... or so they think. :roll:
But would he have the same passion
to run C of $ ??? Somehow I don't hear it from him. :shock:

Time shall tell. I hope I'm wrong, for many reasons.

Are we sure DM is moving on? That's the other question.

So glad I'm out!

Happy Sunday :wink:

Tory/Magoo