SCIENTOLOGY TRIED FOR FRAUD
lejdd.fr 22nd May 2009
http://www.lejdd.fr/cmc/scanner/societe ... html?popup
Scientology tried for fraud
Regarded in France as a cult, Scientology will be tried the first time from Monday in Paris until June 17 for "fraud in an organized gang." Seven officials, including its french leader Alain Rosenberg, 60yo, and its two main branches in France, will face three plaintiffs: two ex-followers and the Order of Pharmacists. Individuals, also prosecuted for "illegal practice of pharmacy", face up to ten years in prison and a million euros fine. Legal persons may be fined five times and the prohibition of activity. Which would lead to the dissolution of the group in France
Hello David Miscavige. How are you today?
wwp thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leak ... ance-46116
added Info from trial press coverage:
The trial is expected to last from Mon. May 25 to Wed. June 17, 2009. Today, May 25, 2009, Jean-Pierre Brard, former chairman of MIVILUDES, testified that Scientology tried at the last minute to obtain withdrawal of the complaints in exchange for large sums, but that these offers were refused. Defense lawyer Alexis Gublin argued that one of the civil parties, UNADFI (National Union of Associations for the Defense of Families and Individuals who are Victims of Sects) should be disqualified; the decision will be delivered at the same time as the verdict of the trial.
Investigating judge: Jean Christophe Hullin
Presiding judge: Sophie-Hélène Château
Lawyers for the defendants:
Lawyer for the plaintiffs:
* Alain Frank Rosenberg, 60, director of the Celebrity Center in Paris.
* Jean-François Valli, member of the COS since 1989, "guidance counselor" and employee of the SEL (Scientologie espace liberté) bookstore.
* Max Barbault, employer of Nelly Reziga, alleged to have given her a personality test and obliged her to take a communication course, before firing her.
* Three other individuals.
* It was revealed during today's proceeding that a seventh defendant is now deceased.
* Association spirituelle de l'Eglise de Scientologie
* SEL (Scientologie espace liberté) bookstore
* Aude-Claire Malton, ex-Scientologist, filed a complaint Dec. 22, 1998
* Nelly Reziga, ex-Scientologist, filed a complaint July 8, 1999
* Two other plaintiffs accepted a settlement from the COS.
* Ordre des pharmaciens (Order of Pharmacists)