One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Marty Rathbun on DM's Purges and Tom Cruise
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm 

Love him or hate him, Marty Rathbun continues to post fascinating and important information online. Scientologists and Critics alike continue to read his blog. So does the media. I cross-post Part I of Marty's latest post on David Miscavige and Tom Cruise. Marty's point of view on what DM did to Tom Cruise is quite provocative, for it asks if DM wanted to destroy Tom Cruise out of some sick agenda. That question was asked in 2005 here on OCMB. We all saw DM cynically wager Tom Cruise's stellar movie career in an ill-advised media war against Psychiatry. We all saw Tom Cruise hijack the War of the Worlds pre-release PR tour for Scientology. We all witnessed Tom Cruise's fall from grace. Marty's perspective on these events is of great interest. Someday, Tom Cruise may leave CoS and tell the world what actually happened. There is a behind-the-scenes story that Tom did not share with Oprah. Marty brings us closer to the behind-the-scenes Scientology story that cost the then wealthiest and most powerful Hollywood movie star his career.

Quote:
The final purges – Part One in a series

Caption: DM took out Cruise by making him in his own image

Miscavige pulled off three purges in the past couple years that included the annihilations of three critical Commanding Officers in the Scientology network: Captain Flag Service Organization Debbie Cook, President IAS Janet Light, and Commanding Officer Church of Spiritual Technology Russ Bellin. The depowering of those three terminals cleared the way for the entire Church of Scientology network to finally be converted into one, huge crush regging operation. This series begins with a little handi-work that DM performed to clear the way for his carnage. By 2004 Tom Cruise was on fire, in great case shape, and gung-ho about expanding Scientology’s reach. As such, he constituted a real threat to DM.

During mid-decade, Miscavige spent increasing amounts of time at ASI in Los Angeles. Ostensibly, it facilitated his paling around with Tom Cruise which indeed he did plenty of. Unbeknownst to Tom, DM was very effectively taking TC out of the running too. Whether it was a warm up for the final purges or a separate objective undertaken to satisfy some other sick purpose, the fact is the techniques he used to nullify Cruise were similar to those he used on executives internally (including Debbie Cook, Russ Bellin, and Janet Light).

Miscavige pandered to Cruise to the point of collapsing the latter’s bank by converting his Church (auditor) into his pc. Miscavige slavishly changed the Church’s entire direction on a whim in response to mere comments by Tom. Tom was concerned for having Churches around the world that were upstat enough he’d feel ok sending VIP friends to them. DM, in his inimitable Ralph Kramden evaluator-who-calls-the-first-outpoint-the situation style, abandoned the LRH St Hill size orgs strategy and diverted hundreds of millions to his new “Idle Orgs” strategy. If some remarkable event does not intervene this strategy alone will likely destroy the entire Church of Scientology network.

DM’s pandering turned into pimping during 04-05, literally. Miscavige directly ran missions to find a 2D for Cruise, again based on a mere comment from Tom that he’d like to have a 2D who was OT or at least a dedicated Scientologist. DM directed his missionaires Greg Wilhere and Tommy Davis to perform a series of Scientology High Crimes during those missions, acts that not only violate the most fundamental ethics principles of Scientology, but would be considered aborhent to the society at large. Those missions will be covered in a later series on this blog.

What Miscavige did to Tom Cruise and his career was a well practiced pattern. It is an operating basis described by LRH in Science of Survival:

“From 2.0 down to 1.2, efforts to change people or dominate them are recognizable as such. From 1.2 down, all forthrightness vanishes and the most devious and insidious and complex methods are employed to nullify. The individual in this area of the Tone Scale very often has a complete belief in his or her superiority, which is a justification for using the methods he uses. Such people commonly fasten themselves on strong personalities well up the Tone Scale and then continue to assert their superiority (without ever giving, of course, any demonstration that the superiority exists) until the higher level becomes nullified. The individual in this area seeks death not only for himself and his own projects, but also for his entire environment. At this level we have murder, by slow erosion of individuals and the culture, and the actions are masked with voluminous “reasoning.”

Miscavige nattered incessantly and viciously to Cruise about the then-leading figures in Scientology, including – but not limited to – Mike Rinder, Marc Yager, Guillaume Lesevre, Ray Mithoff, and Greg Wilhere. Miscavige did not limit his rantings to staff, he included such noteworthy public Scientologists as John Travolta and Paul Haggis (and a host of other celebrities). Miscavige inculcated Cruise with the bunker mentality that it was two big beings (DM and TC) against a world of degraded beings. While servicing every personal demand of Tom’s, DM implanted Tom with the idea that it was a matter of scientific fact that DBs automatically and reactively conspire to bring down big beings. Cruise snapped terminals with DM and became his mini-me. He began to treat his own staff much the same way Miscavige treated his.

Cruise became power drunk, losing sight of his own goals and purposes. He explained to associates emphatically: “You don’t get it. First, there’s LRH. Then there’s COB. Then there’s me.”

His public antics were obvious dramatizations of DM’s valence.

Much like DM, he began directing manic actions with his own staff and professionals that severely undermined his credibility and power base. For example, he ordered his long-time personal assistant Michael Doven to assemble all the big shot agents at Creative Artists Agency (CAA). They were told they had to listen to a special briefing from Mike Rinder and do everything in their power (use every line they had) to help. Doven was shuddering on the way to CAA, receiving regular micro-managing calls from Cruise. Rinder briefed the CAA assembled on the South Park episode coming up and how important it was to spike it. I asked Rinder, “now let me guess Mike, all present looked at you as if you had just landed from another planet.” Mike replied, “Mars, Marty, they looked at me like I was from freaking Mars.”

The results of DM’s influence on Tom’s career and professional power were predictable and are now history. Once the most influential and on Source public Scientologist had been compromised and enervated, pulling off his last three purges were like child’s play for Davey.

ref: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

/////

http://philosophyofcosmology.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 pm 

Marty's independent confirmation that South Park #912 (Season 9, Episode 12) sent shockwaves through CoS and the Cruise Camp confirms what critics knew all along. What was not known was the Cruise-mandated meeting at CAA's Death Star in Century City:

Quote:
Much like DM, he (Tom Cruise) began directing manic actions with his own staff and professionals that severely undermined his credibility and power base. For example, he ordered his long-time personal assistant Michael Doven to assemble all the big shot agents at Creative Artists Agency (CAA). They were told they had to listen to a special briefing from Mike Rinder and do everything in their power (use every line they had) to help. Doven was shuddering on the way to CAA, receiving regular micro-managing calls from Cruise. Rinder briefed the CAA assembled on the South Park episode coming up and how important it was to spike it. I asked Rinder, “now let me guess Mike, all present looked at you as if you had just landed from another planet.” Mike replied, “Mars, Marty, they looked at me like I was from freaking Mars.”

Imagine Mike Rinder walking into the imposing CAA edifice, known as the Death Star for good reason, to tell hardball CAA agents that they have to help a Cult spike South Park 912. This meeting would have been one of the crucial turning points where the Hollywood power structure turned decisively against Tom Cruise and Scientology. Nobody walks into CAA and tells its top people to kill creativity and Freedom of Speech. Movies and television are all about toppling sacred cows by the robust use of Art and Freedom of Speech. The malignant unreality of Tom Cruise and David Miscavige had reached soaring heights in 2005.

To his credit, Tom Cruise got the message from Culture and backed off. David Miscavige, however, continues his runaway campaign of Narcissistic Terror completely free of any constraints posed by logic, reason, or humanity. The good news is that Dave will take down CoS with him. Dave is the anchor around Scientology's neck. As Mr. Hubbard himself once said, "Only the madman believes that he is not mad." Hubbard knew he was a Moonbat. DM thinks he is God.

CAA HQ Building, Century City, California. The Century City Towers are in the background.

/////

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 pm 

J. Swift wrote:
To his credit, Tom Cruise got the message from Culture and backed off.

But Tom Cruise is still involved in scientology. I've seen the trailer for his upcoming movie, Knight and Day. It looks effing awesome and if it doesn't completely reboot Tom's flagging career nothing will.

But Tom Cruise is still involved in scientology. As much as it pains me I will be boycotting that movie.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm 

Quote:
Marty's independent confirmation that South Park #912 (Season 9, Episode 12) sent shockwaves through CoS and the Cruise Camp confirms what critics knew all along.

For anyone who might not be familiar with South Park #912 (Season 9, Episode 12):

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103804

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGGt_HI304

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 am 

Oh,Gawker is gonna love this one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:37 am 

Yeah, Swift... no matter what you think of him, you have to read it.

Marty's blog is interesting stuff, even if we can't corroborate much of it. You never know what tidbits might slip out that could be useful, so I hope he keeps spewing his mouth off.

More and more, though, I am becoming one of the people who has lost all patience with him. I see no evidence so far that he intends to do anything other than try to depose Miscavige and sell Hubbard for himself. In fact, my opinion (and I'm hardly the first to suspect it) is that Marty's true dream is to pull a coup and take over Co$, just as Davey did.

He still calls the place a church, he admits to nothing more than smacking Rinder and destroying evidence re: Lisa McPherson, and still thinks cult, talks cult, and tries to sell cult. Marty reeks of someone who is doing nothing more than covering his own ass. I sense no real outrage or shift of conscience from Marty AT ALL. Things finally got hot for him is all that happened.

I want affidavits about lots of felonies, Marty. I want indictments for felonies. I want the IRS deal brought down. ADMIT THE THINGS YOU DID AND TELL EVERYTHING YOU KNOW.

Your Tales of Mean Davey are entertaining but largely useless as evidence for anything meaningful. My patience is wearing thin, hoping that things are happening behind the scenes.

Last edited by Aristotle on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:40 am 

Wieber, what I meant was, err, that Tom Cruise backed off his rather astonishingly high intensity activities on behalf of Scientology. Tom got married and settled down. He is undoubtedly enthusing in the Basics. All Scientologists are very animated and excited about purchasing and reading the same LRH books for the forth or fifth time.

The website Who is David Miscavige? has some illuminating audio and videos on COB. BTW, whatever happened to Miscavige's claim that the Marcabs were behind Anonymous?

/////

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:46 am 

J. Swift wrote:
BTW, whatever happened to Miscavige's claim that the Marcabs were behind Anonymous?

LOL...

Maybe he felt stupid when they started carrying a Marcab flag and laughing about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 am 

Way back when I was in deep in a very out-ethics conversation involving whole track past lives stuff I was accused of having been a Marcabian.

And you, lurking scientologist, I know you have those kinds of conversations even now. It is so difficult to keep from talking about that stuff you can't keep from talking about it. (Scientology makes a lot of money from security checking you on it as well.)

Right now I have very little faith in what the auditing sessions dredged up but I will now take that accusation as a complement. Thank you.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am 

Wieber wrote:
Right now I have very little faith in what the auditing sessions dredged up but I will now take that accusation as a complement. Thank you.

Very tricky... just like a Marcab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:56 pm 

Swift, since you mentioned Debbie Cook in the thread about Anonsparrow's video, I thought I would bring the rest of Marty's posts about her over here.

This is very disturbing. Apparently Debbie Cook was much beloved, and it seems this would be a huge wakeup call for people. Perhaps the last straw.

Apparently Debbie Cook was sent to Int Base, and to "the hole" with other top execs. This is what Marty said happened in one episode:

Quote:
For the next twelve hours Debbie was made to stand in a large garbage can and face one hundred people screaming at her demanding a confession as to her “homosexual tendancies”. While this was going on water was poured over her head. Signs were put around Debbie’s neck, one marked in magic marker “LESBO” while this torture proceeded. Debbie was repeatedly slapped across the face by other women in the room during the interrogation. Debbie never did break. And fittingly she was rewarded with what turned out to be a break in another sense of the word.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... es-part-4/

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 am 

Glib, I read that part of the post. What is curious is that Debbie Cook is still a Scientologist. As I posted another thread:
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/anonsparrow ... M2BUbHEBEE

@ 5:20, Anonsparrow starts talking about Marty and Mike and then mentions that Debbie Cook is out. The Scientologist indicates a LFBD and then corrects Anonsparrow. Obviously, Debbie Cook is of immense interest to Scientologists and they want to keep her inside of CoS.

Even after she was labeled a "LESBO" and soaked in of a large trash can for twelve hours -- at least according to Marty -- Captain Cook remains inside of CoS. What a strange world! Empty Orgs and twelve hour trash can handlings! What next?

ref: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=32172

/////