One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Will Smith Gives $1.3 Million to Charities
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:32 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468644,00.html

Quote:
He also gave a combined $122,500 to the Church of Scientology, broken into these donations: $67,500 to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxication Fund, $50,000 to the group’s Celebrity Center in Hollywood and $5,000 to ABLE, another Scientology offshoot. Smith and his wife have also supported a private school called New Village Academy they opened this fall in suburban Los Angeles that uses Scientology learning concepts.

It is his money (though it wont be for long if the Co$ has its way) so he can spend it how he likes, however misguided!

I am glad that some front groups for the Co$ have been clearly shown above. Hopefully this should make it just that little bit harder for them to scam people when they try to hide that association.

PS One question though... why would the Celebrity center need $50,000? I wonder if anyone goes into where it goes or how its spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 pm 

Those are probably:

1) $50,000 to CC Int as a fixed donation for future auditing or training

2) $67,500 for a plaque (NYRWDF)

3) $5,000 for his next "status level" at ABLE (Applied Scholastics)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:14 pm 

You know the CoS is sore about not getting its hands on the other 1.2 million.

Atheist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:26 pm 

Given what this douche hauls in yearly, that's not that much moolah.

Those monies going to Scientologic "charities" were bought and paid for by the movie-goers who CONTINUE to pony up for the pleasure of watching Will on the big screen. STOP GOING TO HIS MOVIES. HE'S GIVING YOUR MONEY TO SCIENTOLOGY.

Every ticket equals another emotionally abused and ultimately cast-off SO member. You can pay for them with your tax dollars. They'll be needing a lot, though, because most of them haven't been able to access regular health care for years, so, when they hit the streets at 70 with their final illness, it'll be all down to the taxpayers of the great states of California and Florida to foot the ol' bill. But that'll be NO problem, because CA and FL are two of the most economically stable, un-impacted by the Recession states in our union...NOT.

Pay to see Will's movies now. Pay for ER room access for SO members later. It's all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 am 

The guy makes $20 million per movie at least, the cult has got to get somebody on the RPF for not getting more cash out of this dingbat. Is it me or is he looking kind of odd lately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 pm 

Reaches uk Press:
Will Smith gives £79,000 to Scientology ... despite claiming that he's NOT a member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ember.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am 

Update:
Roger Friedman, Showbiz411 reports....
Jult 16th 2010
Will Smith Drops Scientology from his Annual Donations
http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/07/16/wi ... -donations

He's probably diverted some of his spend to his scientology school which, as the article mentions, has yet to file its first IRS Form 990.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:59 pm 

Or maybe he met the head-on truth along the highway, like a number of other celebs recently. Friendships, even the best of them have their limits or they are just outgrown. I hope, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 pm 

You know how it goes in scientology. You give them any amount of money and they want the rest of what you have, all of it. They'll phone you many times every day at any time of the day or night, too -- midnight, 2 a.m., 4 a.m. There's that oh so "friendly" registrar voice on your answering machine telling you to pick up so they can handle you. Oh yeah, good times!

That behavior description of scientology wanting all your cash and phoning many times at all times of the day and night is from my personal experience and not speculation. It is speculation as to whether or not Will Smith was subjected to that kind of thing but I think it is highly likely that scientology subjected him to it.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:10 pm 

This is gonna be a little off topic.........

Not that I ~ever~ do that! But it'll get back to it... sorta... ;)

--------

I'm bad about not noticing when a topic is necro'd, brought back from a couple years of obscurity. So I started reading from the beginning as if it's new.

Lalala, nice to see StevenSlaughter posting again; bit of "yuck, Will Smith, what are you doing!?"

Then I saw a post from NattyP. :( :D I loved NattyP's posts so much; she really cut through and called out stuff like it is. Amazing wit and always had me laughing!

For those who don't remember, Prometheus came on here some time ago and said NattyP was his wife, who unfortunately passed away due to breast cancer, I believe.

Seeing and reading the post really put a tear or ten into my eye. But at the same time, I'm smiling and imagining NattyP in the afterlife someplace; if Karma has anything to do with it, Natty's probably pulling some kind of 3 Stooges moves on L Ron right now! Embarrassing him, poking him in the eye, you name it!

Prometheus, if you're still reading here, hope you're doing well. Hope life has been good to you and there's a whole group of people wishing good things your way. You're a good man.

You know..... it's pretty messed up that I, an "eevil SP critic" care more about people that I've never seen and never met; yet David Miscavige is around people all day and doesn't give one shit whether they live or die.

And for all the work we do, reasonably smart, extremely successful people like Will Smith come along and dive right in to the steaming, warm, pile of bullshit. It may be cold outside, Willy Will, but that's not the right place to warm your body. Besides, it's Summer! Get out of the dungheap, and stop committing your money to sending others* there!

* Will's money goes into the pile which keeps places like Int base afloat. At Int Base, there have been eyewitness accounts of people being forced to clean out human waste-filled areas, and given little or no protection or even proper tools. It's part of the RPF, a punishment, forced labour camp, where you get sent if Miscavige decides it. Another popular thing is throwing people into a disgusting pond full of all manner of filth.

(This footnote is for the benefit of lurkers or people who have never heard this story.)

“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 am 

Wieber wrote:
You know how it goes in scientology. You give them any amount of money and they want the rest of what you have, all of it. They'll phone you many times every day at any time of the day or night, too -- midnight, 2 a.m., 4 a.m. There's that oh so "friendly" registrar voice on your answering machine telling you to pick up so they can handle you. Oh yeah, good times!

Does Co$ do this kind of heavy-handed regging with wealthy celebs? I thought people like Will got handled with kid gloves.

It's one thing to grab a middle-class person by the ankles, turn them upside down and shake until their pockets are empty... it takes more subtlety to bleed a multi-millionaire dry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:14 am 

spacecootie wrote:
Wieber wrote:

Does Co$ do this kind of heavy-handed regging with wealthy celebs? I thought people like Will got handled with kid gloves.

It's one thing to grab a middle-class person by the ankles, turn them upside down and shake until their pockets are empty... it takes more subtlety to bleed a multi-millionaire dry.

I think scientology's treatment of celebrities is much defter and much more restrained than it is with the common scientology rabble. I strongly suspect the intent to get as much out of them as possible is still there. Since they tend to have so very much, the registrars and others dealing with them probably do not try to get everything they have.

Having said that there was the report not too long ago about Nancy Cartwright putting out ads to get $500 for a used bed. She reportedly donated $10,000,000 to scientology. Beyond that there aren't any details but the numbers beg such questions as, "Did scientology take most of her money from her?"

There's another thing going on with celebrities. Most of them have retinues. They have personal assistants, agents, lawyers, body guards, household staff, and so on. I know that scientology's office of special affairs (OSA) has an obsession for infiltration.

Scientology infiltrated my family's business with at least three people that I'm sure of and there is evidence that makes me strongly suspect that they infiltrated my family's business while I was on staff and in good standing.

I strongly suspect that scientology infiltrates the retinues of as many celebrities as they can manage. They probably have a high priority for celebrities who are "scientologists" and for celebrities who are antagonistic or critical. As well they very likely infiltrate people that they aren't particularly interested in or who seem to be neutral in their opinion of scientology.

That's all speculation on how scientology treats its celebrity members and other celebrities. One person who might be able to give some information on this is Amy Scobee. Whether she wants to do that or not is another matter and completely up to her discretion.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:20 pm 

Simonymous, I wasnt paying too much attention to the dates when I first saw this again and was happy to see Natty P posting...I guess I was just hoping her death was a bad dream, so I understand.

Back on topic....

Quote:
cultish group tax free contributions any more.

Ouch!

Comments rule, but this one rocks:
Quote:
Sam Says:

July 16th, 2010 at 4:33 pm
Tom Cruise slavishly reads L. Ron Hubbard’s books on how to live life. Because the cult scares members out of researching Hubbard on the Internet they are completely clueless about the following Facts:

His first son, Lafayette Ron Hubbard, Jr., said “99% of anything my father ever wrote or said about himself is untrue.”
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_DeWolf

His second son, Quentin Hubbard, committed suicide in 1976.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Hubbard

His second wife said he was insane:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hubbard_divorce_headlines.png

In a letter to Hubbard’s second wife, his first wife said this about him: “I’ve been through it – the beatings, threats on my life, all the sadistic traits you charge – twelve years of it”.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Grubb

His third wife was one of 11 high ranking Scientologists sent to jail for their involvement in Operation Snow White.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue_Hubbard