One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Zac Efron outranks Tom Cruise in gossip article
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:07 am 

Gawker: Zac Efron's Leather Daddy Date with Tom Cruise

Quote:
"You ride motorcycles?" [Tom] Cruise asked him. Alas, he didn't. "You wanna learn how?" Cruise invited him out to his house, taught him how a motorcycle engine works, showed him the hangar with his dozens of pristine bikes-including the Triumphs he rode in the Mission: Impossible movies. Efron was allowed to ride a pedigree-less dirt bike.
from http://defamer.gawker.com/5608267/zac-e ... ing-things

Five years ago, this article would be entitled Tom Cruise teaches young star Joe Schmoe to Ride Hogs. But, now, Zac's the rising star and Cruise is the embarassing old guy. Zac gets first billing on a gossip rag. Soon, Cruise will be a footnote, an attendee at events where others were the real stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:34 am 

I had a conversation recently with someone who has never been and never will be in scientology and the subject of Tom Cruise came up in the conversation. Admittedly the person I was talking with is biased against Tom Cruise. This person is well in touch with the current society of very young people that the producers of the Twilight movies have so recently and so immensely profited from.

Here's the deal with those young people. Tom Cruise is not on their radar. At least he is not on their radar as anything dreamy or desirable. To put it in the terms this never-been-a-scientologist used, Tom Cruise is a has been. Of course Zac Efron outranks him.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm 

Wieber wrote:
Admittedly the person I was talking with is biased against Tom Cruise. This person is well in touch with the current society of very young people that the producers of the Twilight movies have so recently and so immensely profited from.

Here's the deal with those young people. Tom Cruise is not on their radar.

Well, he did "try" to change that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-8SL8cFVQ
(Parody of Tom Cruise auditioning as "Eddie" Cullen of Twilight)
Hysterical!

“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:54 pm 

I bet tom let him ride on back and hold on tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm 

brownjedi wrote:
I bet tom let him ride on back and hold on tight.

I wish Tom would let ME do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 pm 

Tom is usually photographed with Suri, these days. The gossip rag at the dentist office had Zac Efron on page 1, and the Cruises: Tom, Katie, and extra-cute Suri, on page 3. The caption gushed over Suri and just mentioned Tom's name. A welcome pattern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 pm 

I will pray for you newclear! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 pm 

Zac, don't let Scientology hook you like a fish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 am 

I think that Tom Cruise has had a problem with his career since he got involved in scientology years ago.

He arrived in Hollywood with some talent, youthful good looks and an on screen persona that people especially young women of that time found very appealing. He did Risky Business and Top Gun and soon after Mimi Rogers made contact and brought him into scientology, at which point his limited acting range was essentially fixed and has not changed since.

Unfortunately for Tom his limited acting range does not allow him to play characters that are fifty years old and older.

Among the things that limit his acting range is scientology's tone scale. In my opinion that particular item from L. Ron Hubbard is at best inaccurate. An actor depending on that particular tool for their performances will always deliver characterizations that are sufficiently off the mark to disrupt audience's willing suspension of disbelief.

Characters that fall within Tom Cruise's range are no problem for him but because he is aging he is reaching a point where the characters that will be available for him will be outside his range and as time goes by this problem will exacerbate and increase like a power statistic on a scientology staff member's weekly graph.

I believe Tom Cruise has the ability to expand his acting range but I think he will be prevented from doing that due to his continued belief in and application of the "technology" (tech) of scientology.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject: Re: Zac Efron outranks Tom Cruise in gossip article
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:20 pm 

Zac Efron tattoo* is against reincarnation! It says YOLO, "You only live once" which violates Scientology dogma that you had celebrity-past-lives as Napoleon or Cleopatra. So Cruise failed to recruit Zac. Even with Mission Impossible 4 coming out, the gossip rags at the optometrist focus on Suri most, then Katie, and mention Tom as only their dad or husband. Zac gets prominent photos all by himself. Older people like me follow older celebrities, and barely know Zac, but celebrity rags only survive by following who's really popular and rising. Tom Cruise is off their list unless he's carrying around Suri. **

*http://www.eonline.com/news/zac_efrons_new_tattoo_what_does_it_say/281164
**Suri Cruise Steps Out In Heels & 'Fur' http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/1 ... 51542.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 pm 

There's a very interesting MI article in today's St. Pete Times by Steve Persall the Times Movie Critic if someone with more expertise than I wants to go in an get it and post it on this thread. Or another thread? It's called "The Mission Here is Money" and only rated a C+ by Persall. The argument for that is it is first being shown on IMAX screens when it doesn't really need or rate an IMAX showing, the motivation being to bring in the money.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:28 pm 

Thanks, Judith; I found and posted that article on the MI 4 thread, at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27184&start=15