Hi Gerry and Caroline,
I listened/viewed your 10 part series re: CAST. Thanks for doing them to explain what happened and your reasoning.
I agree with your reasoning and your view that any influence with an organization by the corporation of scientology must be immediately and broadly exposed. Scn, inc. will always use it's inroads to forward their agenda.
You, of all people, know the extent to which Scn, inc. will go to obtain information it can use against anyone who objects to them.
I know from my experiences that Scn, inc. uses vulnerable people. People who have been abused by others easily mistake the outreached tentacle of one of Scn, inc.'s front groups or compromised allies as a helping hand. Once that happens, their information soon becomes Scn, inc.'s information.
The human trafficking arena must have multitudes of juicy connections about who deals with who around the world. After all, human trafficking cannot continue to exist without friends in high places. Scn, inc. needs control of those high places.
Where better to discover 'leverage' on politicians and, particularly, law enforcement personnel in multitudes of countries, than by debriefing those who have been victims of same. For Scn, inc. it is all grist for their mill.
I was in L.A. at the PAC base, (Cedars complex, big blue, etc) when the FBI raided in 1977. Without having been there, it is hard to imagine the impact it made.
Whereas the G.O. had infiltrated agencies before that, I am sure that the scariest part of it was that they didn't have control of the FBI. I picture it now as having been the subsequent TOP target of the G.O. and now it's sex-change alter-ego, Office of Special Affairs to infiltrate people into the FBI to such a level that any future investigation could be controlled and marginalized.
That is their operating basis locally, as has been pointed out. Few, if ANY complaints get beyond the front desk of the local P.D. or D.A. or the state Attorney General. That is what it seems like anyway.
Though there are always hints at 'federal investigations' or 'state investigations' or local investigations, for years and years not much visible has happened. Even though multitudes of Scn, inc.'s victims exist and can testify and do testify and speak out. And that the abuses and criminality are document-able, and witnesses and events can be cross-checked. And cases like the Headly's who seemed to have a shot at making a significant impact on Scn, inc.'s continuing criminality get derailed in seemingly nonsensical ways.
The least complex answer to this is that Scn, inc.'s practice of 'safe-pointing' has succeeded at local, state and federal levels beyond our most pessimistic imagining.
If I momentarily channel a dyed-in-the-wool Scn, inc. planner, I see I would have long ago planned thusly:
1. Infiltrate ALL agencies who have any legal jurisdiction over any aspect of Scn, inc.'s operations or properties. Specifically the FBI, IRS, ATF, US Marshals, Witness Protection Program, etc. The goal is to own the playing field. Resources are what ever is necessary. Multiple, compartmentalized, deniable, sheep-dipped operatives in multi pronged years long career building moves that take them to the highest levels of various agencies.
The goal would to put them in policy positions or at least, as heads of departments and important investigations.
I envision that these infiltrated operatives would even volunteer to be part of or even head up proposed investigations, since no usual person really wants to tangle with Scn, inc. if they don't have to. The longer these misdirected investigations continue, the more statute of limitations run out and the more victims die or drift off or give up. Justice delayed is as good as no justice at all.
2. Infiltrate or gain influence over those who direct, appoint, or set agenda or priorities for the Agencies in 1. above.
Such as State Departments, D.A.s, Attorneys General, Governors, Senators, Congressmen and Women, and their staff. Even staff and advisers and cabinet of the executive branch.
3. As a second line of defense, create fictitious Agencies, or sub-departments of agencies that masquerade as the real ones. I.D., Uniforms, clandestine headquarters, back stories, etc. The idea is that the fictional Scn, inc. agency personnel can approach potential ex-scn threats or people with knowledge of crimes and pose as a 'secret investigation' that's been going on for years and isn't ready to indict yet. They get all the information and while holding the witness off with oaths of secrecy and promises that they are helping so much, Scn, inc. sees what information they can expose and uses other assets to sanitize and remove evidence, compromise other witnesses and misdirect legitimate agencies.
That is right out of the 'Sting' where the Fake Cop rousts the Robert Redford character.
If an 'agency' contacts you, unless you go to the national headquarters of the FBI and compare the ID you are shown with real ones, you might be talking to a fiction.
It would be a brilliant and nearly undetectable plan. I'm unsure how you would determine, as an individual, if you were talking to the real guys, assuming there are any real investigations, and the fakes. Going to the FBI with such a story probably gets you labeled as paranoid.
3. Use information to hand to forge strong relations with underworld, radical, religious and political groups. There is so much information available in confessional formulary folders where Scn, inc. clients have intersected with drugs, prostitution, public figures, and all manner of national and international de-facto influence networks that such can be manipulated with well placed blackmail, release of information, money laundering, etc.
4. Cast a broad net of social coordination groups and front groups that promise help to victims. Do actually help in some cases, using money regged out of Scn, inc. client/members. But keep ears and eyes out for anyone who is vulnerable and has or has had connections or information about influential people. Use them and their information to bolster targets 1, 2, 3.
Whew!, Damn, I'm going to stop channeling that. It's creepy!
But you see my point. What if a federal judge, for instance, was approached by someone who seemed bonafide, claiming there was a secret multi-year investigation going on that would be derailed by a continued trial of Scn, inc.? What would happen?
Anyway, my thoughts.
I hope you Gerry and you Caroline are keeping on keeping on. Your contribution has been and continues to be important, timely and invaluable to those of us who have managed to escape or throw off Hubbard's insanity, and more importantly to those who WILL. I think, without you, there would be far less true, tested and trustworthy information exposing the true nature of Hubbard and his Scn, inc.
I wish you well.
Michael Leonard Tilse