One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Nation of Islam--New Events
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 am 

Nation of Islam is back. Marty just revealed that Louis Farrakhan gave a sermon yesterday (August, 22 2010) that was full of Scientology terminology, but without actually mentioning Scientology. Go to markrathbun.wordpress.com. Scroll down a couple of posts. His post and the comments are a must read for any critic.

Apparently Farrakan is now requiring ministers in NOI to do some Scientology.

In the comments section, there is a link to the Nation of Islam newsletter of Aug 19, 2010 about a visit of some NOI people to the Fort Harrison, where the big event was a UFO sighting. A strange thing about the article is this statement, “After we each received the technique of Nerve Assist [I assume they mean Touch Assist] developed by L. Ron Hubbard, we returned to the Book of our early evening studies on how UFOs communicate with us: It Is Information About How The Connections By UFOs Are Made.” What?! Is that what they are teaching now at Ft. Harrison—How to connect with UFOs? Or was that just a NOI thing?

Many negative comments from the Indies about NOI.

I’m bothered by Marty recommending Science of Survival to Farrakhan. I know Marty wants Farrakhan to spot David Miscavige on the “Tone Scale” and thereby abandon NOI’s alliance with COS. However, NOI is a racial separatist movement that preaches a new all-black nation. The trouble with recommending Science of Survival to a leader like that is that he might pick up on the other stuff in the book. Would NOI’s new nation, based on Scientology principles, throw people into RPF gulags until they came “up tone”? Dispose of low toned people quietly and without sorrow? Hubbard later wrote that it wasn’t worth the time or effort to “cure SPs,” so follow the genocide example in Science of Survival?

There’s a good overview of NOI on Wikipedia under “Nation of Islam” and “Fruit of Islam.” Fruit of Islam is NOI’s paramilitary organization that wears uniforms and looks like something akin to cross between Sea Org and OSA. This is a militant group.

Also, NOI owns farms and businesses—how are the NOI members paid to work there? Do they get at least minimum wage?

I have nothing against people believing in UFOs, and even conspiracy theories—these are debates about facts and theories. It’s the racial separatist stuff about NOI that bothers me. NOI wants some “separate but equal” even in the U.S. (See their official website). They would put the Civil Rights movement back fifty years. “Separate but equal” is what Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks worked against. Wikipedia says that NOI’s active membership is about 10,000 to 50,000 (about the same as COS.) So, even most blacks don’t embrace NOI.

I’m back to where I was before. Scientology is just too much into the radical political fringe. It’s a lost cause. Trying to separate “the Bridge” (auditing) from everything else in Scientology is a hopeless and thankless goal. I like Marty for many things he’s done, including this latest revelation about NOI, but I can see that it’s too hard to separate simple auditing from all the other stuff. A few Indies seem to be doing it. But generally, Scientology is still a very serious political and social menace, now by COS wining and dining black separatists, and a prominent Indie recommending Science of Survival to NOI’s leader. (Sorry Marty, I know what you were trying to do, but the Tone Scale is not the only thing in that book. I appreciate that you want to break the link between Miscavige and Farrakhan, which is laudable, but it won’t happen with Farrakhan reading Science of Survival. He probably already has.)

I ain’t embracing Scientology anywhere. The drama is still good popcorn fodder with celebrities, intrigues, and startling revelations, as good as any TV drama series, but I’m sure not going to take sides.

Last edited by curiosity on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 am 

Curiosity, I am concerned about many things as well:

1. Minister Farrakhan was near death a few years ago. I wonder if he is in bad health and DM is pushing him to give the order for NOI to do Scientology. I say this because DM has proven before that he can hijack a powerful spiritual leader in poor health as he did with LRH. IMO, Alfreddie Johnson has probably become Minister Farrakhan's handler and reports everything to DM. This is the same program and charm offensive that was run on Tom Cruise. Has DM cut Minister Farrakhan's comm lines to NOI? Is there now an "NOI CMO" that reports directly to DM? There is also a dotted line here somewhere to Congresswoman Maxine Waters.

2. If this is the case, DM would be pushing to get "evidence" of what Minister Farrakhan wanted on tape. That way, after Minister Farrakhan passed DM could have the tape to assert against NOI members.

3. NOI cosmology and Scientology cosmology can conceptually be harmonized. Scientology has also reached out to the Mormons. These groups all have similar cosmological elements. What secular people do not understand is the profundity of spiritual cosmologies to peoples of Faith. I wrote my book in part to advance a new understanding of the subject of spiritual cosmologies and creation stories.

4. LRH's racism and NOI cannot be reconciled.

5. Jesse Prince can tell NOI about how DM treated him as an Af/Am.

6. Since we are discussing ET's, DM is a Reptilian; that is his energy.

Where is Clamdggr when I need her the most on this subject?

/////

http://philosophyofcosmology.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 pm 

Threads from a few years ago on OCMB noticed the developing cosy relationship between CoS and NoI. With increasing exposure of the cult's behaviour, you would think they'd distance themselves if they had even a tiny amount of sense. I'm glad that neither of these idiots have any sense and I suggest buying shares in the major popcorn manufacturers now.

Interesting thread developing on WWP which initially started out with a heads-up on someone else with no sense, Marty Rathbun, being just fine and hunkydory about Farrakhan
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/325-mark ... khan-71002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:00 pm 
This NOI thing is very confusing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:13 pm 

The above mentioned thread on WWP is long but I'll pull this gem out, courtesy of mnql1...

Here is a YouTube video of the last 15 minutes of the Aug. 22, 2010 sermon, along with a transcript:

YouTube - Louis Farrakhan Espousing Dianetics and Scientology Beliefs
In the final 15 minutes of his 90-minute Aug. 22, 2010 sermon, Louis Farrakhan announced a study program on the mind and on "management technology" for Nation of Islam members and ministers. Dianetics and Scientology are not mentioned, but the description of the human mind in this sermon closely matches Dianetic theory and Farrakhan uses Scientology terms such as "engram", "charge", "org board", "management technology", and "valuable final product".
EDIT: above video taken down due to a copyright claim by FCN Publishing/FCI. Here's an alternative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1DSEV35Ks
The full stream of the whole thing is, afaik, still available at the NOI website:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9689553

Source:
"Put on the New Man" Aug. 22, 2010
Nation of Islam Live Webcast

Transcript (last 15 minutes only)
=======================

So we have to be careful of each other, careful of how we relate to each other, so we can keep the mind of God growing and lessen the effect of Satanic influence on our being.

Now I think I can close.

Let this mind be in you. It didn't stop there. The same that is in Christ Jesus. So what God is offering to the human family is their own mind that has been taken away from Satan's rule over the human family. Your mind is really the mind of God.

So when Elijah Muhammad said, "Accept your own and be yourself ..." Well, what is my own? My own is really the mind of God. And what is that? Knowledge. Wisdom. Understanding. Culture. Refinement. The pursuit of happiness.

See, once you're in the mind of God, which is really your own mind ... That's why, when we behave ignorantly, he said you're other than yourself. You are making yourself less than ourself by acting other than ourself.

So when you act out ... Oh, some of our friends call that "stimulating an engram" ... and stuff starts coming up. We don't even know where it came from. All of a sudden a sweet kitten becomes a growling lion ... rawrrr! Lord! Where did that come from? See? That's stimulating something that makes us other than what we're capable of being. So learning how the mind works and learning how to think properly ... Wow, learning how to think properly.

Now look how easy it is, to know, we learn how to eat properly. Even though we don't follow it.

But, in the new org board -- organizational board of the Nation of Islam -- there's a department called "How to Eat to Live". [applause] Wait a minute! And in ee-ver-yy mosque, there's going to be somebody in charge of "How to Eat to Live". And not that we're going to force you ... We're just going to encourage everybody to get back to how to eat to live!

And there's another thing on the organizational board. To help with proper thinking. So you learn how to eat over here, but you learn how to think.

Then we'll learn how to administrate. Look. Not some big organization. Just administrate yourself, your children, the family. We'll learn management. "I'm a manager. Big man." No! Manage your house. Manage the children. Manage yourself and your wife. Management technology starts at home and then it spreads abroad.

So I'm happy to see what I see and the hope that I see for our nation.

So those of you who are past laborers, we will reintroduce you or introduce you and are introducing you to that which will cause you to fulfill your desire, if you still have the desire to help the Honorable Elijah Muhammad raise our people up from where they are.

Now listen. The goal that Elijah Muhammad had, Master Fard told him: "Make many ministers and send them into all of the cities." Not "some".

Well, that means those of us who are presently ministering: "Thank you." No, I mean that sincerely, but you know ... [applause] Wait.

The course of study that will be set up from the Department of Supreme Wisdom, that we all have to qualify and become certified. It's like some kind of certification and I shook your hand as you walked across the stage, ha ha. That's one certification. But to be certified, to stand up on the rostrum of God, and talk to the people of God is more than recitation of what you learned or think we learned and memorized. It's the purging of all spirit of arrogance and vanity.

You don't have to want to be God. You were born that.

So don't rejoice while you're just halfway around the ladder.

In the Bible, it says there was a ladder that reached from Heaven to Earth. And there were angels ascending and angels descending. I don't want to be a descending angel. You know, that's how Satan came down. He once was at that elevated state, you know. So don't think because we're elevated that we cannot fall.

So, Tuesday night, I'm asking all of us, all Muslims throughout America, all those who want to be a part of that which is to be made new, make your way to the mosque. I don't care what charge is on your head. [applause] I really don't care. [applause] I really don't care. [applause]

Because now, [back and forth motion of right hand] you're going to take the charge ... [laughter] Wait. [laughter] See, whenever something comes up that ain't right in the mind, it gets a charge, you know. So that charge has to be released. But when you're charged with an infraction, you know ... We want to create the environment that makes such charge unnecessary. And if we are charged, there'll be a way to fix it, unless you're so far out that we have to excuse you from the class.

Because from this point on, every day at the mosque is a class day. We're all in the classroom of God and we will prepare the study on both sides: the study of the technology and the study of the Supreme Wisdom. And then once we get to a certain point, I'm turning you loose on this world. [applause]

So this year's Saviours' Day gift -- wait now -- This year's Saviours' Day gift is going to be reinvested into you. Not into buildings -- I don't care nothing about no buildings. Buildings come. Buildings go. Stop being fascinated with buildings and start being fascinated with growth and development into that valuable final product. [applause]

So ... are you ready? [audience: Yes, sir!]

As present laborers, past laborers, for me to ask on Tuesday, for all those who want to be future laborers, to come on into this study.

[pointing to the male section of the audience] Are you ready for that? [audience: Yes, sir!] [applause]

[pointing to the female section of the audience] Are you ready for that? [audience: Yes, sir!] [applause]

All right!

He said he wanted fifty thousand laborers. We only have thirteen hundred up in this room. Potential. And I'm going to ask you to sign a form pledging that you will undergo the study. I'd like to see your signature on all these forms. And if I don't, then that means you don't want to labor any more, and I'll thank you for everything you've done, and you can sit down.

Nobody will mount the rostrum, hold a post, be in any ministry, or over any part of the national and international organization of the Nation of Islam who refuses to go under this study.

Thank you for listening and may Allah bless you as I greet you in peace. As-salaamu alaikum!

Last edited by Sponge on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm 
Thanks for the link Sponge. I was talking to some christian friends about this. I will tell you they are not activists and only know scientology as a " Laughable cult". When I mentioned the NOI was apparently adopting some of scientology's tenets, my friends said the pairing of the two entities made them even more laughable.

That sounds ok with me. One part Cof S, One part NOI, One part Marty Rathbun, shake well, step back and prepare to be very entertained!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:40 pm 

I just had to go back and read the comments on Marty's blog. The opinions expressed represent the most diversity I've seen over there. I got the impression that no one is in favor of Marty or the Indie movement trying to hook up with nation of Islam for any reason and they are afraid he's going to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm 

There is a lot of information on the net about Scientology ties to the Nation of Islam. This has been going on for a while. I am happy to see it out in the open. I hope Farakhans "Laborers" are not as restricted from Internet and media as the scientologists are. I think this could get very interesting!

Watch this Nation of Islam guy emphatically deny he is a scientologist at around minute 5:30 in this youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZXL1NI5C8

Here are a couple more interesting links:

Scientology, Farakhan & The NOI ca. April 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IjBkBZc9N0

L. Ron Hubbard "Mohammed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZXL1NI5C8

Silent Killer: Abortions in the Black community
By Jesse Muhammad -Staff writer- | Last updated: Aug 23, 2010 - 12:15:48 PM

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish ... 7218.shtml

Quote:
HOUSTON (FinalCall.com) - Abortions in the Black community occur 1,425 times a day and thirty-percent of yearly abortions occur to Black women according to research by the Alan Guttmacher Institute.

The CDC reports that abortions have killed more Blacks over the last 30 years than heart disease, cancer, strokes, accidents, diabetes, homicide, and chronic lower respiratory diseases combined.

<snip>

“This was a tactic to stop Blacks from having large families. Margaret had a better plan than the Klu Klux Klan and it has worked perfectly even until today. We have to educate the young people with the truth,” said Ms. Gardner.

National Black Pro-Life Union is focused on spreading their pro-life message via speaking tours and pushing documentaries such as Maafa21 which charges that the abortion industry is another form of Black genocide.

Wait until Nation of Islam members find about about the forced abortions in Scientology:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Evidence_o ... _abortions

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php ... &start=135

"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 pm 
I wonder what I need to put on my sign for the next protest in Sandy Springs Georgia.

Nation of Islam supports Scientology???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 pm 

J. Swift wrote:
Minister Farrakhan was near death a few years ago. I wonder if he is in bad health and DM is pushing him to give the order for NOI to do Scientology. I say this because DM has proven before that he can hijack a powerful spiritual leader in poor health as he did with LRH.

Interesting observation (although I suspect that Hubbard was something of a willing participant in the hijacking because of the briefcases of cash that Miscavige took to him). A poster at Marty’s blog stated that Farrakhan has been doing the Purification Rundown at the Celebrity Center for the past five weeks. Can anyone confirm that?

Other tidbits and activity from 2010:

:arrow: According to L.A. Sentinel, Farrakhan gave a 3-hour address to Scientologists at Celebrity Center just a few months ago on May 2 of this year. (Source: http://www.lasentinel.net/Farrakhan-in-L.A.html).

:arrow: Nation of Islam Dianetics? Announcement reproduced at WWP:

Nation Of Islam Dianetics
August 19 - 21, 2010
Nation of Islam Dianetics Seminar
WHERE: Rosemont, IL
WHEN: 05:00 PM
WHO:
PHONE:
RSVP: Number of Guests:
Yes, I will attend | No, I am unable to attend

Link to original: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:x-uPI-6zhIoJ:www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NOI+Nation+of+Islam+dianetics&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

:arrow: Also from WWP: at the “Clear African Americans Convention” held at the Fort Harrison from July 18-21, 2010, NoI Western Regional Minister Tony Muhammad (Mosque 27) demonstrated a Scientology healing technique at the Fort Harrison.

Good links, Ladybird.

I wonder when COS will declare NOI a squirrel group? I'm buying stock in Orville Redenbacher right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm 
http://www.noi.org/study/selfimprovement.htm

OMFG! I do not think I can wrap my mind around this BS. There will NEVER be enough popcorn for this crazy fest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:00 pm 
http://noitemple15.wordpress.com/2007/08/23/386/

Quote:
Sha'Allah 7 Says:
May 17, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Reply
Minister Farrakhan is teaching scientology now and he’s talking about he’s going to a spaceship to get a new book! And check it out; not only is he going to a spaceship he’s coming back with new organs too and a new body! Okay now let me ask you a question(rhetorical)? Am I the only one who finds this just a slight bit odd? Here is a man who hasn’t been able to launch 1 financailly sucessful program outside of the final call is 33 years but has continuously reaped the benifits of the believers charity. The NOI is pathetic right now but were ready for a new book? The revolution is over before it even starts because all the devil has to do is put us on the un-employment line and well starve to death! You see our problem as a people is that were to dam spooky! certain thing are not that vague, let me put it too you like this. WE DON’T HAVE SHIT! ALL WE HAVE IS THE MILITANT HOLY GHOST AND A HALF WAY DECENT BEAN PIE! Lost Found M

Oh by the way, Temple #15 is in Atlanta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm 

Have you all actually listened to this?:
http://www.noi.org/webcast/aug-22-2010/

If you scroll to 1:27-1:38 you'll hear "The Honorable
Minister Louis Farrakhan" says there:
a) "We *have* to learn to think and get Management technology not just in but in our family lives.

b) And he enters in Disconnection and how everyone HAS to get certified in these words:
"The Course of Study from the Dept of Wisdom says we
ALL *have* to get certified. So I am asking you ALL, Tuesday night, I'm asking you ALL to make your way to the mosque.

c) Enters in PTS/SP and/or "case":
"where as something's not right in the mind-it gets
a charge and WE NEED TO RELEASE THAT"

d) The final "Ethics indoctrination":
"we can fix it, unless you're so far out and we'll have
to excuse you".

e) the sign up:

"This years Savior's Day Gift will be invested in YOU. This
investment IS the 'Valuable Final Product'. ALL future laborers are to come into this study--are you ready for that? I'm going to ask you to sign a form pledging you're going to do the study"

"I'm asking EVERYONE to come, Tuesday night, and sign the forms. Those who do not, who have been with us for years and years, if you won't sign the forms, I'll have to thank you, and let you go".

(Paraphrase--but quite close. Listen to the tape for exact
wordings).

I've been told The Honorable Louis Farrakhan is on
the Purif at CCLA.

Ok, so here's my interpretation, take it for what it's worth:
DM knows he's F***d. He can't get new people "in",
so they've been working on the Afro-American group since back when I was "in". They got "Reverend Alfreddie Johnson" to come speak at CCLA, and he'd always have the Nation of Islam strong black men with him, standing guard.

I guess it's escalated, now. We'll see what happens Tuesday night, but I think I'll be there

Go on, OSA___Slime me to them. :roll:

I've got people you don't know about who know them, and your number
is UP. :cheers:

Yup---it's Popcorn time, this is for sure! :popcorn: :onebounce:

My best to all :alien:

Tory/Magoo

Post subject: perhaps ...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 pm 

Perhaps Farikan wants to learn redging tech to use against the NOI public.

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm 

Everyone involved with this needs to read Servant of Two Masters by Carlo Goldoni.

I had put a link here to download it, as it is in public domain, but I found it didn't work. You can probably get a copy at your local library.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next