One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: XenuTV's Mark Bunker seeks funding for scientology movie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:36 pm 

http://www.indiegogo.com/XENU-TV?i=fcbk

Quote:
XENU TV commences work on its first full length feature documentary.

This personal essay about Scientology will peel away the layers surrounding the mysterious organization founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

The film will mix in humor to tell a very serious story about a group which committed the single largest case of espionage against the U.S. government; whose founder went from writing pulp fiction for a penny a word to having a briefcase filled with a million dollars in cash hand-delivered to him weekly at his hidden desert compound; a group which followed Hubbard's orders to use the court system to destroy its enemies and to bring the IRS to its knees; and which, 20 years after his death, still mirrors the fantasies, neurosis and paranoia of its late founder.

To most people, Scientology is that "Hollywood" religion. And until recently, many thought that "if Tom Cruise belonged to it, it couldn't be that bad." But through interviews with former long-time members, religious scholars, law enforcement, attorneys, politicians and others, we'll pull back the curtain and show what Scientology actually believes and how it behaves.

We'll talk to former members about their experiences, including members of the Sea Org, the elite paramilitary organization inside of Scientology whose members sign a billion year service contract to work for Scientology, coming back lifetime after lifetime. Working 80 hours a week for little pay, these dedicated members keep the organization running and cater to the needs of the wealthy public Scientologists who flock to the main centers in Los Angeles and in the small Florida town of Clearwater, known as Scientology's mecca. Former Sea Org members will tell stories of both mental and physical abuse and how even an offhand remark can land them in trouble with management and get them sent to the Rehabilitation Project Force (the RPF) where they will be forced to do hard labor for months or years at a time, separated from loved ones until they are allowed back into the good graces of the group.

For decades, Scientology has relished their reputation of not being a "turn the other cheek" religion. They have fought back hard at anyone who dared speak out about them. Hubbard said anyone who attacked Scientology is a criminal. All one needed to do was dig up their crimes to silence them. He labeled his enemies Fair Game and said they could be "lied to, tricked, sued or destroyed by any means by any Scientologist."

While this film will deal with serious issues, it will tell the story in an entertaining way, close to the spirit of Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock's films. Much of the story is bizarre, incredible and over the top. Hubbard himself said their greatest defense is that no one would believe it. Yet, it's all documented. Hubbard was obsessive about keeping written orders on how precisely to acheive a goal, whether it was taking over the government or tucking in a bed sheet. His written words are sacred and are not to be altered. He is called Source. Rewriting Source is a high crime in Scientology. Yet we'll show how the current management struggles with updating his materials, whether to be more politically correct or in order to re-sell the materials to the group's shrinking membership.

We'll look at how Scientology attacks psychiatry through their front group, the Citizen's Commission on Human Rights, whose stated goal is to eradicate psychiatry completely, with the use of tax exempt religious donations. We'll look at how Scientology uses other front groups such as Narconon, Criminon and Applied Scholastics to recruit new members. Whether through drug rehab, business seminars or stress tests given to passerbys on the street, there are many ways to meet Scientology but they all are meant to move you onto the Bridge.

The group's motto is "Think for Yourself" but the deeper one gets into the group, we'll see the more one's reality is stripped away and replaced by Hubbard's reality. The more indoctrinated you become, the more you find yourself thinking what Hubbard wants you to think. We'll dissect what many call Hubbard's mind control factory.

This film will explore Scientology's beliefs and actions and the nature of religious freedom in America. It will weave in public encounters I've had over the past decade with Scientologists. From L.A. to Clearwater, I've captured some amazing footage showing the way Scientologists are trained to react. Hubbard wrote that anyone who attacks Scientology is a criminal which is why so often they demand to know, "What are your crimes, Mark?"

The film will ask if can you speak out against fraud and abuse in a group and still respect their religious beliefs -- even when those extraordinary beliefs spring from a man who lied about virtually every well documented aspect of his life?

And can a group shrouded in mystery maintain it's power in the age of the internet, a device the futuristic founder of Scientology never imagined?

The overall budget for the film will be $60,000 but in this first stage of fundraising, we seek $10,000. That money will go toward equipment purchases and the legal costs of setting up a corporation and insuring the production against potential legal threats.

....see link for more....

edit: see also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAdNQJY8sE

Funding Update 2nd October Sept 2010: Total for stage 1 of fundraising....
Quote:
Stage 1 of the funding for £10,000 of the $60,000 was reached, and passed.
As I type, the total is now $13,813

edit#2: Stage 2 for the remaining $50,000 of the total target begins 2nd October 2010

Last edited by Sponge on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 am 

"insuring the production against potential legal threats..."

What kind of threats could there possibly be? :lol:

I shouldn't laugh. I'm laughing at how ridiculous, predictable, and psychotic Scientology and David Miscavige are. Everything they do, it's seen from 100 miles away. What they don't see is even the best criminals eventually get caught. I'm talking to you, Davie, even though I wouldn't put you in ANY category that involves the word "best."

All that aside, on to the important part: Congratulations, Mark! I'm very happy to see you get this going, and can't wait to see it. There are a lot of people would like to watch this film, so donations should start rolling in.

“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 am 

Update:
Mark's posted a Youtube video about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAdNQJY8sE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 am 

Another update:

WOW!
Stage 1 of the funding for £10,000 of the $60,000 was reached, and passed, today thanks to an anymous donor who put up $5,000.
As I type, the total is now $11,113

Things are looking up! I predict great things :).......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:48 pm 

Stage 1 closes today with passing the $10,000 target with a total of $13,813
http://www.indiegogo.com/XENU-TV

Stage 2, for $50,000 begins. The new page with the latest details is here...
http://www.indiegogo.com/Scientology-Do ... ry-Phase-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:01 pm 

Sponge wrote:
Another update:

WOW!
Stage 1 of the funding for £10,000 of the $60,000 was reached, and passed, today thanks to an anymous donor who put up $5,000.
As I type, the total is now $11,113

Things are looking up! I predict great things :).......
[img]smileforeverus/img340/8863/mgmlogowbm.jpg[/img]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news!

I (and others) are going to be running a cakes/cookies/cupcakes/muffins, etc. etc. stall at some local markets over several weekends. Whatever comes in from that -- and it will be signedposted as a stall to raise money for (@$@!%nn= i5 2.5.233g sei3 ek3nlhgjk hs lka877 387!@_!). Can't fail. Heh heh.

Also, if anyone can be bothered to make it - it IS fun - nougat sells like hotcakes. At a decent price, too, if it's wrapped prettily. :wink: And, too, kids always like a face painter. A few hours. :) Many bucks.

In my experience local markets are a great place to sell skills/"wares" - goodies for a good cause. You learn a lot as the mother of two kids at demanding schools, and it was all to the good and has served me well, even when I felt like running to the hills initially. (It was SO not my deal in the beginning! LOL!)

This kind of thing is an amazing and amazingly EASY little moneymaker. Keep what you spent on overheads and give the rest to Mark. :D :twisted:

Post subject: Re: XenuTV's Mark Bunker seeks funding for scientology movie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:48 pm 

A small bump to bring it back to people's attention... Looks like it has been forgotten, by the looks of the donation box :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm 
Wish Mark the best of luck. My documentary(Shameless self-promotion) was recently shown in 2 theaters. Now it is tied up in legal. THAT is where the money gets spent. Lawyers clearing copyright hurdles. FYI. Get your on camera peeps to sign talent wavier's. If not, It will come back and bite your production in the ass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm 

mussel wrote:
A small bump to bring it back to people's attention... Looks like it has been forgotten, by the looks of the donation box :(

Let's hope he gets a few big leg-ups on this $50,000 stage. Otherwise if it stays at the current rate it'll take about 3 years and by that time he'll be going straight to the sequel: "How the Cult of Scientology was Destroyed".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 am 

Mark Bunker made a little video outside Goldbase about his documentary project.....
Fund a Feature Documentary on Scientology - Phase Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOtn9c2NWo
Uploaded 26th Oct 010
video description wrote:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Scientology-Do ... ry-Phase-2
Help create a feature film on Scientology's fraud and abuse. Thanks for your support.

(note the bright flashing light from within the cult's guard shack as they childishly try to spoil Mark's video. LOL fail)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am 

It's good to see that progress is being made :)

Sponge wrote:
(note the bright flashing light from within the cult's guard shack as they childishly try to spoil Mark's video. LOL fail)

That must be one of the funniest fair game tactics ever :lol: I like the part where it stopped when Mark looked at the guy, then resumed flashing...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:51 pm 

mussel wrote:
It's good to see that progress is being made :)

Sponge wrote:

That must be one of the funniest fair game tactics ever :lol: I like the part where it stopped when Mark looked at the guy, then resumed flashing...

Hmm, that gives me a idea....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:31 pm 

I found this video with counter-surveillance tips, which might explain the flashing.

Looks like something went horribly wrong, because they didn't kill the camera. Perhaps the guard misunderstood a word or two :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 pm 

First Day of Filming of Scientology Documentary
Mark Bunker, XenuTV. 20th Nov 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk9tsne1MzA
Quote:
11-19-10 Work has begun on my new feature film about Scientology fraud and abuse. Please donate what you can at http://www.indiegogo.com/Scientology-Do ... ry-Phase-2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 pm 

Thanks for the update, Sponge.

Let's hope that Mark's latest video will help to give the fundraising a boost.
This is an important project and is deserving of our support.