Welcome back!

You MUST read and agree to the latest OCMB FAQ and other announcements from the Admins before posting anywhere on this board!
Sponge

Re: Welcome back!

Post by Sponge » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Just a note: Please don't quote suspected spam, especially if it has dodgy warez links in it. Just use the [!] Report Button at the bottom right of the offending post. You can fill in any extra details there. If it tells you that it has already been reported then there is nothing else to do.

Django

Post by Django » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Nice to finally be allowed in. I've been active on WWP for a couple years now, but kinda felt that, by not being able to get on OCMB, I was missing out on an important part of the discussion (I read ESK and ESMB, but I'm not an Ex and feel that I'm not in the purview of those great forums. Or something).

Anyway, nice to be welcomed.....

Hook-Line-Sinker

Post by Hook-Line-Sinker » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:33 am

For what it is worth-I dont think that OCMB is going to help nearly as many people as before --for this reason. Unless you have an account, you cannot view new posts. The most choices you get when not signed in are to view active posts (2 at most appear). You cannot see what is current and active and 'hot' without signing in. Try it.

The beauty of ocmb to help those scn's looking on the net was that the posts and topics were 'right there' when you went on the message board without an account-but no more.

Go ahead and test it out--dont sign in and pretend you are a scn looking and having second thoughts and see what info you can gleam without registering. The difference in accessibility is huge from the old board. This site was a main reason I got out...the way the board is visible now---it would not have helped me much. Just trying to help-dont attack.

It is what it is.
:(
I was a Public sucked into this dangerous cult HOOK-LINE-SINKER for a few years. Thanks to xenu.net, the fog lifted, I woke up, and have never looked back.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:41 am

Hook-Line-Sinker wrote:For what it is worth-I dont think that OCMB is going to help nearly as many people as before --for this reason. Unless you have an account, you cannot view new posts. The most choices you get when not signed in are to view active posts (2 at most appear). You cannot see what is current and active and 'hot' without signing in. Try it.

The beauty of ocmb to help those scn's looking on the net was that the posts and topics were 'right there' when you went on the message board without an account-but no more.

Go ahead and test it out--dont sign in and pretend you are a scn looking and having second thoughts and see what info you can gleam without registering. The difference in accessibility is huge from the old board. This site was a main reason I got out...the way the board is visible now---it would not have helped me much. Just trying to help-dont attack.

It is what it is.
:(
I think there's a related topic on that in the Feedback & Help section. That's the best place if you want admin to fix/change something.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:25 am

I always look at a site before I register, so it's important to let newbies look first. Also, a Scientologist who only has a few minutes to sneak on, won't have time to register and will not get any benefit from the site.

hairlol

Post by hairlol » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 am

Lovely! So glad I was finally able to register. I lurked here for about 6 months on my way out of the cult. The ARS "Week in Review" was my favorite feature back then. Thanks, Andreas.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 am

hairlol wrote:Lovely! So glad I was finally able to register. I lurked here for about 6 months on my way out of the cult. The ARS "Week in Review" was my favorite feature back then. Thanks, Andreas.
Welcome.

ARS WiR was one of my regular lurk spots too. Saved a lot of time in those days when dropping in to get the latest happenings.

The best aggregation of scientology related news these days is Ray Hill's automated news gathering tool at xenu-directory
http://www.xenu-directory.net/webnews.php
plus his "Scientology Now and Then" tool:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/nowandthen.php
and of course there's the OCMB Media Reports section of this forum which is kept well up to date.

ladeeda 2

Post by ladeeda 2 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 pm

I'm sorry to kluge up your Guestbook. It's the only place that will let me in.
I re-registered day Wednesday, and have tried unsuccessfully to log in yesterday and this morning. Can't get in wth my "new" name $ password. Site tells me I'm already registered, but I can't log in.

janamoreillon @comcast.net
aka "ladayla", and more recently"ladeeda" and now I've added "2".

bipolart

Post by bipolart » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks, Andreas!

duhast

Post by duhast » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 am

Gee, I take a break for a couple years and miss all the fun.

Glad the board is back....
I'm worth a million in prizes.

InitialsTC

Post by InitialsTC » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Hello everyone! long time no see!

I wish all of you a happy new year and my best wishes.

this site is great, please continue.
itc

Return to “OCMB Announcements”