One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unfortunately negative attitudes on message boards is to
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:34 pm 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Unfortunately negative attitudes on messages boards are toxic to teamwork. There would be a lot more people interested if we had an "invitation only" message board where anyone could read but only selected people would be allowed to write.

Up until recently, this is what OCMB was, to some degree. Neither you nor I were able to post, but as for myself, I did read when I had some extra time. I prefer this format better - more discussion from more viewpoints, including yours and mine.

Post subject: Re: Let go what happened on WWP.net?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:10 am 
Smurf wrote:
Gumbythetruth wrote:
AngryGayPope wrote:
You can't let it go because you can't get back all the people who were turned off by wwp.net and left the movement.
I understand where you are coming from AGP, sort of. Thing is, YOU are still active as are many others. Being at odd,s with an internet entity (WWP) should not @ the end of the day be the defacto reason why or why not an individual either protests publicly or personally for that matter.

Your zeal and passion is admirable AGP. I personally may not care for your brand of activism, yet @ the end of the day,if I am truely honest with myself, I must accept the fact people differ in the hows and whys they expose a social evil.

AGP often refers to the large numbers of people leaving quitting the protests and leaving WWP as the reasons for Anonymous losing its effectiveness. If one looks back to the advent of Anonymous & 4chan taking on Scientology, the age range of the movement consisted mostly of teens to young adults who protested because it was fun and they were further motivated by the reactions they got from Scientology staff.. cut, run & hide from protesters.

Most of the former movement have moved on to other things in their lives. It has absolutely nothing to do with the "failure" of Anonymous or WWP... many have gone onto college, gotten jobs, have taken up other more worthwhile causes, taken up other social pursuits, etc. It's quite depressing when a protest is announced on WWP and a very small number of anons bother to show up anymore.. but that's life. At the last protest on L Ron Hubbard Way, it took just a few anons, Tory, Lynn, and myself to turn the area into a ghost town and to watch the Scios engage in "curtain tech."

I recall a decade ago that OCMB was a very busy board... today it is different. Many people that used to post on OCMB have also moved on with their lives and engaged in other pursuits not related to Scientology.
Smurf. I at one time looked at public protesting scientology in my area as a positive. NEVER was it my intent to drive the scientologists in doors or into hiding. Protesting was more of a way to inform the local citizens that perhaps they need to be made aware a cult is in their community. My protest signage always directed interested parties to informational websites, so those individuals could come to their own conclusions. I know and of all people YOU know scientology is potentially harmful.

There is nothing I can do about those IN the cult. There is a tremendous amount I can do to aid another generation of people to not become influenced by Hubbards madness. What you have said in your post is rather alien to me. What has been gained by driving people indoors? Please do not come back with" It keeps the cult from body routing others in".

If an individual wants sci, there is not much one can do to keep them from signing on the dotted line. Now during the last 3 years, I would say the months of February 2008 through October 2008 were the apex months for public roadside protests. Now? Not so much.

Your neck of the world LA is but one location the cult occupies on this marble. What may or may not work in LaLa land may or may not work in other areas of the world. It is not to far of a stretch to see how a well meaning group of activists can become cult like in behavior. This whole issue of one must protest on a monthly basis is IMHO bizarre to say the least. Then if one does not publicy protest monthly, one is not considered doing their part for the "Group".

After almost 3 years this protesting publicly is or has been for some time looked rather obsessive in nature. A way of life for some. I am not slagging off those that feel voicing their distain for the cult in a public fashion is a bad thing, just that after a while maybe behind the scenes work has a more far reaching affect on how the cult operates.

Post subject: Re: Caged Scientologist boils Angry Gay Pope w/hot coffee
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:42 am 

I'mglib wrote:
...they should go put a gag ball in their mouth (ahem!). It borders on homophobia.

Susan, I would really rather not have come across you associating me with this kind of thing in a post. It's wrong on a number of levels, most of which I won't go into here.

The aspect of it that I will ask you about here is this: Are you moderating me here? About a comment I made in another thread? Or is this just your opinion? Or is it a mixture of both? When do we know when you and Patricia are being a Moderators vs. just posting your opinion like everybody else? When I was a Moderator it was indicated below my avatar and my moniker was of a different color at the bottom of the screen. Are you Global Moderators or just women posters of "influence?"

And BTW:
These threads by AngryHomosexualPope are picket reports and IMO belong here: viewforum.php?f=7

When they are posted in The Opinions and Debate section they are seen (at least by me) as bearing open invitations to opine and debate. Thus honest, brave and perhaps tactless posters like me are more likely to say exactly what's on our mind when we see his ego-fagging and child threatening behavior (which btw produce only one thing: OSA product). Having picket reports actually in a Picket Report section also spreads "interesting" threads to other areas of the board, rather than overloading or clogging up Opinions and Debate.

Personally, I'd rather see you (and all the Mods) do more obviously constructive things like this rather than taking my inventory based upon your own (perhaps) spurious notions of political correctness and politeness.

Post subject: Re: Caged Scientologist boils Angry Gay Pope w/hot coffee
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 am 

From FAQs by Andreas:

"When writing your messages, please use the same courtesy that you would show when speaking face-to-face with someone. Flames, insults, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. It's fine to disagree strongly with opinions, ideas, and facts, but always with respect for the other person. Great minds do not always think alike."

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Post subject: Re: Unfortunately negative attitudes on message boards is to
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:45 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Unfortunately negative attitudes on messages boards are toxic to teamwork. There would be a lot more people interested if we had an "invitation only" message board where anyone could read but only selected people would be allowed to write.

Interest is very easy to generate. Its shameful to see so much of it wasted by the obnoxiousness of people such as the owners of wwp.net and esmb who act like they are providing a forum to fight scientology when, in reality, they are just another co-opted platform for the cult. Have you been to the Cult Awareness Network offices at Hwd & Vine? I have. And guess what, they are not there anymore!

AGP. you are always making references to "teamwork". You clearly don't know the meaning of the concept. Teamwork is where everyone in a group, on equal footing, makes a contribution to an effort. The team is not run on the concept of one individual's idea that others are expected line up & follow behind like mindless sheep. You consistently gloat of your efforts with "I"... "I did this" and "I did that". That is not teamwork, dude.

And dumping on other boards & people that post on those boards clearly demonstrate a mean-spirited, narcissistic streak. You dump on these boards because you were banned from ESMB & WWP for your bad behavior despite numerous warnings. And, contrary to what youve convinced yourself to believe, these boards will continue to function regardless how much you proceed to rip on them and falsely accuse thier moderators.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 am 

Gumbythetruth wrote:
Smurf. I at one time looked at public protesting scientology in my area as a positive. NEVER was it my intent to drive the scientologists in doors or into hiding. Protesting was more of a way to inform the local citizens that perhaps they need to be made aware a cult is in their community. My protest signage always directed interested parties to informational websites, so those individuals could come to their own conclusions. I know and of all people YOU know scientology is potentially harmful.

There is nothing I can do about those IN the cult. There is a tremendous amount I can do to aid another generation of people to not become influenced by Hubbards madness. What you have said in your post is rather alien to me. What has been gained by driving people indoors? Please do not come back with" It keeps the cult from body routing others in".

If an individual wants sci, there is not much one can do to keep them from signing on the dotted line. Now during the last 3 years, I would say the months of February 2008 through October 2008 were the apex months for public roadside protests. Now? Not so much.

Your neck of the world LA is but one location the cult occupies on this marble. What may or may not work in LaLa land may or may not work in other areas of the world. It is not to far of a stretch to see how a well meaning group of activists can become cult like in behavior. This whole issue of one must protest on a monthly basis is IMHO bizarre to say the least. Then if one does not publicy protest monthly, one is not considered doing their part for the "Group".

After almost 3 years this protesting publicly is or has been for some time looked rather obsessive in nature. A way of life for some. I am not slagging off those that feel voicing their distain for the cult in a public fashion is a bad thing, just that after a while maybe behind the scenes work has a more far reaching affect on how the cult operates.

You misconstrued my comments. Gumby. There has never been attempts to "drive" Scientologists in to buildings. This comment alone makes me wonder if you have, in fact, attended any protests. If you did, you would be aware of the fact, as most anons who have protested have learned, that Scientologists have been drilled to believe that ALL critics of Scientology are considered to be suppressive criminals to be avoided at all costs. One only has to show up with a protest sign to see this.

Secondly, Anonymous has hugely succeeded in educating the public with their protests on the front doors of Scientology facilities. The monthly & surprise raids royally pissed off the cult especially when their effort to "shudder into silence" the anons that received the Cease & Desist letters, was widely responded to with laughter and the protests continued. Nowadays, the cult is no longer on edge with the protests because the numbers that actually show up anymore are minimal.

Finally, if you read my post, you will see I don't hold anons at fault for moving on with their lives.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 am 
Smurf wrote:
You misconstrued my comments. Gumby. There has never been attempts to "drive" Scientologists in to buildings. This comment alone makes me wonder if you have, in fact, attended any protests.
LoL!

Post subject: Teamwork?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:49 pm 

Sure I am capable of team work. I work with Graham on my legal team and AnonOrange on the protesting/researching team etc. That's why I have output. Who else is still posting videos in LA that make news? And I don't mean somebody posting a talking head lecture. I am making news and needling Moxon.

Post subject: Re: Teamwork?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Sure I am capable of team work. I work with Graham on my legal team and AnonOrange on the protesting/
researching team etc. That's why I have output. Who else is still posting videos in LA that make news? And I don't mean somebody posting a talking head lecture. I am making news and needling Moxon.

As usual, your comments are punctuated with I..I..I... me.. me.. me... You, clearly, are a legend in your own mind, and so convinced that what you are doing far exceeds the contributions that others make, that you're clearly not a part of the rational world that most people exist in.

I also get alot of emails from people offering me contributions for making raw videos. Being that I'm not doing this for personal reward, I always turn them down. I do it from the heart, not for the personal glory.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm 

Smurf wrote:
As usual, your comments are punctuated with I..I..I... me.. me.. me... You, clearly, are a legend in your own mind, and so convinced that what you are doing far exceeds the contributions that others make, that you're clearly not a part of the rational world that most people exist in.

I also get alot of emails from people offering me contributions for making raw videos. Being that I'm not doing this for personal reward, I always turn them down. I do it from the heart, not for the personal glory.

I used the word "I" because you asked me about myself!

You know, I won an emmy award this year for "The Pacific." Did I ever mention it here or on any board or even my own website? No. Because this is not the place to talk about myself. I was part of the emmy award winning TEAM which did the special FX. I think I am capable of TEAMWORK since I have been working on movies since Deep Blue Sea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Smurf wrote:

I used the word "I" because you asked me about myself! You know, I won an emmy award this year for "The Pacific." Did I ever mention it here or on any board or even my own website? No. Because this is not the place to talk about myself.

To be clear...you, personally, did not win the Emmy. Your employer, Flash Filmworks did. You were a member of the animation team that worked on Episode 5 of "The Pacific" which won the Television Academy Emmy Award for Best Visual Effects in a Mini-Series or Movie made for television.

Congratulations are in order for your being part of an ensemble that was rewarded for it's efforts.

http://www.flashfilmworks.com/d-pacific.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1576607/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0616693/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:01 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Smurf wrote:

I used the word "I" because you asked me about myself!

You know, I won an emmy award this year for "The Pacific." Did I ever mention it here or on any board or even my own website? No. Because this is not the place to talk about myself. I was part of the emmy award winning TEAM which did the special FX. I think I am capable of TEAMWORK since I have been working on movies since Deep Blue Sea.

Apophasis <---Clicky

Post subject: Yes Smurf I was part of an ensemble
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 pm 

Yes, that was my point, I was part of a TEAM. The FX super wins the emmy award itself and I and my fellow TEAM mates got a certificate which I have yet to pick up.

Post subject: Re: Yes Smurf I was part of an ensemble
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 am 

AngryGayPope wrote:
Yes, that was my point, I was part of a TEAM. The FX super wins the emmy award itself and I and my fellow TEAM mates got a certificate which I have yet to pick up.

Whenever, an actor wins as Emmy, it usual means alot of additional exposure and future acting gigs in a tough industry. You should make mention of your award on IMDB and create a profile on LinkedIn. Hopefully, the Emmy honor will put in a good position of landing alot more work in the future. Have you considered networking and sending your resume to Tom Hank's production company, Playtone, in Santa Monica?

http://www.fanmail.biz/7607.html (addresses)

Post subject: I will just wait
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm 

I will just wait till my boss gets another gig and work there. Then he would be hired again by playtone. otherwise I will just do my own thing since HD cameras are so cheap. If there aren't even shitty movies in hollywood to work on at the moment then why bother? Being desperate for work in hollywood just gets you treated like you are in the sea org.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next