One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Ch.4 UK 4thoughtTV 16y/o Scientologist Hannah Lycett *update
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm 

*EDIT: UPDATE: 7th March - 13th March 2011. All week on the subject scientology. 3 of the 7 shorts will be opposing views from critics.
See next page or jump to this post onwards: viewtopic.php?p=393784#p393784

------------------------------------

This is a 5min programme on Channel 4 (UK) which goes out just after the evening news. It's a kind of "thought for the day" thing. The blurb says: "a series of short films, in which a single speaker will reflect on religious and ethical issues or aspects of their spiritual lives"

4thought.TV Channel4 (UK) 7:55pm Wed. 27th October 2010
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4tho ... pisode-116
Quote:
Sixteen-year-old Hannah Lycett has been a Scientologist since the age of nine, and believes that her spirit will be reborn in a new body after she dies.

Other discussion:
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-c ... -4-a-72917

Post subject: Re: Ch.4 UK "4thought.TV" 16y/o Scientologist Hannah Lycett
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm 

Ewwwwwww!

Post subject: UK - Scientology advert on 4thought.tv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:24 pm 

Just after the Channel 4 news tonight there was the programme 4thought.tv and it was a bit like a Scientology advert.

Last edited by Sponge on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mod edit: You thread has been merged with a previous one on the same topic. Please check the current thread titles before creating a new topic. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: UK - Scientology advert on 4thought.tv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm 

It is a scientology advert.

It's saying look what a sweet little moral scientology child I am. I'm well brought up and really looked after, because I haven't joined the sea org yet. Or I have joined the sea org and was told to get out there and do this promotion because the way to happiness is such a fantastic set of morals written by the late, great humaniterean L. Ron Hubbard himself. But I won't smile, oh no because if I do I will flunk on my trs.

Alex Singh anyone?

Has strayed from the sacred way.

Teach us love,compassion,honour
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.(part of an Ojibway prayer)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:02 pm 

I don't watch telly anyway, I don't have time. Used to like Channel 4, for documentaries and old films.Looks like I will be boycotting it completely if they are going to put out propaganda like that.Poor kid, wonder where she is on the bridge?

Reminds me of LRH here in this documentary is saying "why we have just brought out a book about how to have a happy marriage" This from the same humaniterean who sent his own wife to prison to save his own skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_w-YWwC1lI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm 

By total serendipity I saw it. This week's series has featured teenagers from different religions.

A photogenic and well spoken young lady, she mentioned past lives and read a passage from Way To Happiness. Someone sneaked in a 'Scientology was founded by L Ron Hubbard, a science fiction writer, in the 1950s' text flash, which I don't suppose our glum friends appreciated! She only wavered into scienobabble with one word.

I doubt the series will include speakers from much larger UK religious groups, so a Win for the Barefaced Lies Department there.

http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/

Post subject: Re: UK - Scientology advert on 4thought.tv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 pm 

I wouldn't have expected anything else but a well briefed bobblehead. It's just sad seeing a brainwashed 16 year old who stands less chance of doing anything with her life. The Neil Gaiman types are a very rare exception. He still supports the cult though, just less obviously. Clearly her parents must be scientologists. We'll just have to wait and see if she ends up digging weeds at Goldbase.

edit: Here's the direct 4oD site link (for UK viewers only)....
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4tho ... od#3131757
(Duration 1min 43seconds)

In the link in the top post you can add comments.

There's also a 4oD youtube channel (and that'll likely be county-restricted too). Here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaamG6N7a4

Here's the 4thought.tv twitter...
http://twitter.com/4thoughttv
Some interesting comments currently.
Quote:
A short about scientology came on. My gran (a CoE vicar) said 'boo hiss'. Rightly so.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:49 am 

Richard Ingrams: Some things are too sensitive to be discussed openly - Richard Ingrams, Columnists - The Independent

Quote:
All quiet on the Scientology front

While viewers may protest about Jon Snow's lack of a poppy, no one as far as I can tell has so far complained about the appearance on Channel 4's short 4thought slot – which comes on after the news – of a 16-year-old girl called Hannah Lycett.

Pretty and smartly dressed, Hannah told us she had been a Scientologist since the age of nine. In the course of a short address she held up a book, The Way to Happiness, allegedly written by the founder of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard, which she explained preaches the need for simple basic morals without which none of us can obtain the happiness we all desire. It is unlikely that this little girl is aware that the author of that book of morals was one of the 20th century's most successful conmen – a liar, a charlatan and latterly a madman who ended his life on the run from the FBI in 1986.

But you might expect that there would be someone at Channel 4 who would know better. You might also expect that there would have been some kind of protest and that questions would be asked about how a teenage girl came to be converted to Scientology at the age of nine and how she came to go on air to endorse Hubbard's sinister movement. Once again, I appear to be a feeble little voice crying in the wilderness.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 am 

Followup from Rcihard Ingrams column in the Independent...
18th Dec 2010
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 63648.html

Quote:
Truth, lies and the way to happiness

I wrote recently about Hannah Lycett, the 13-year-old who appeared on 4Thought – Channel 4's answer to Radio 4's Thought for the Day – to extol the wonders of Scientology.

Hannah's father, Alastair, now writes to the editor of The Independent from East Grinstead, headquarters of the self-styled church, enclosing a little booklet entitled The Way to Happiness, written by the founder of Scientology, the late L Ron Hubbard.

"I would be grateful if you could pass this on to Mr Ingrams," Mr Lycett writes. "I suspect that had he had the opportunity to read this in his childhood he may have led a less bitter and twisted adult life, attacking those people who actually have done something to make the world a better place."

"Do not tell harmful lies," writes L Ron. "The way to happiness lies along the road to truth." It is only one such pious reflection in the little book. But is it true? After all, it was L Ron himself who decreed that "the only way to control people is to lie to them". So it might not even be true that he wrote The Way to Happiness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am 

They are doing another one.....

Wednesday 12th Jan 2011
19:55 4thought.tv Channel 4 UK
Listings
Quote:
Caren Pickering Hope was raised a Christian but has been practising Scientology since the age of 17. She presents her argument that the two faiths are entirely compatible.

4thought.tv homepage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm 

This should be interesting.

I should like to draw readers attention to the Ten Commandments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_%20Commandments

I wonder if L. Ron Hubbard ever read these while he was researching his philosophies . I haven't even seen this yet, but know that it will be damage control from the "Church" of Scientology trying to convince us it is a bonafide religion.

I look forward to seeing this little puff piece.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 pm 

Sure they are compatible as long as on the christian side one is able to deal with the part where lron said it is all just an implant.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:59 am 

Did anyone youtube or vimeo the last show, for us non-UK residents?

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:34 am 

I'mglib wrote:
Did anyone youtube or vimeo the last show, for us non-UK residents?

It's not really a "show" as such. These are just short clips of around 1.5 minutes duration. You're not missing much in terms of content.

Here's a source .avi download for the first video (#116, 27-10-2010):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AGWVS9J [~24Mb]
(audio goes a little out of sync but its watchable)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 pm 

Here is the 2nd one broadcast Wednesday 12 January 2011 7.55PM Channel 4
Quote:
4thought.tv finds out how changing faiths can change lives. Caren Pickering Hope was raised a Christian but has been practicing Scientology since the age of 17 and maintains that the two faiths are entirely compatible. She believes she has used some of the techniques of Scientology to help her daughter recover from serious illness.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4tho ... pisode-193
For those outside the UK, you can dowload and watch the source video here:
Megaupload - 4thoughttv #193 Catherine Pickering Hope 12-01-2011.avi (27Mb)
[usually, for non-registered members, at the top right of the megaupload page you enter the 4 letter code into the box next to it, hit return,
then select regular download, wait for the countdown to zero and then you can save/download]

Well, that was not so much the benign puff that I though it was going to be. In fact it was way out of order.

She is going on about her daughter having Asthma and using "touch assists" to help her with it.
This shit might fly in some other countries but they are really treading on thin ice pulling that bullshit here because what this is, in effect, is a free commercial for unlicensed medical practice intending to suck people into scientology on the basis that theory moonbat quackery is going to help some poor sick child to deal with their dibilitating disease. Asthma and other respiratory conditions can be helped with physiotherapy and the danger is that because "touch assists" are also "hands on" then you have a situation where the gullible get into the idea that this is not just a harmless addition (when there is no asthma attack eipsode going on) but an actual alternative. This is their M.O. and although there maybe many who manage to retain common sense and do not suffer, this is just where the tip of the iceberg pokes out.
Ex-scientologist Tory "magoo" Christman here on OCMB knows, with the cult telling her to come off her epilepsy meds, which then darn near killed her.
Lisa McPherson, killed with cult quackery in a hotel room after being pulled out of a perfectly useful hospital.
The list goes on and on.
There are wrongful death lawsuits going on right now in Florida (Kyle Brennan) and Georgia (Patrick Desmond) against scientology right now over the same issues of scientology dogma/quackery first, medicine second (or not at all) and they need to stop it because they are literally killing people with this fake self-help/pseudo-religious moonbattery that operates below the criminal radar and only comes to a civil case when someone is badly harmed or dies and has enough persistence to fight a very rich and viciously defensive cult.

/soapbox