One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: A couple of observations -- new to me anyway
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 am 

Stein wrote:
Back to the language issue, Death+Taxes has a fun article re: learning how to talk like a Scientologist. Some highlights:

Quote:
1.1: Scientologists use this term to identify individuals as “covertly hostile.” These individuals partake in hedonism, homosexuality and other dirty, sexy stuff. Guys, we have to make 1.1 a broad cultural term that’s adopted as an ironic colloquialism—like a better, more flexible “jump the shark.” If this does not happen, Wright’s article will be a failure. In support of this, we’re launching a new weekly column called “Totally 1.1,” which will explore the nefarious actions of our popular public figures. Writing “Totally 1.1″ should be easy.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/55324/totally-1-1-taking-scientology-hostage/

Walk like an Egyptian, talk like a Scientologist!

Great idea. So great, I think it's tone forty, man. And DM is totally one-point-one for hitting staff. Actually, the non-filter Camels are pretty one-point-one, too. At least LRH was OT3 enough to smoke Kools...

Post subject: Re: A couple of observations -- new to me anyway
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 pm 

RedPill wrote:
Considering all the negative PR regarding Cof$ that has come out of late ... if someone just got out of the joint after spending 10 years in on, say, a manslaugter beef for, say, putting down a crazy making, nut driving, never-shuts-up, always interfering mother-in-law ... he could alibi to having been in the Sea Org on the Int base. He would probably get a lot more sympathy that way and might even get hired.

Pete

There's a lot of sympathy for people murdering their always interfering, nuts-making, one-point-one on the tonescale mother in law too. Maybe the guy could even say she was a fanatical scientologist who tried to force her daughter to disconnect from him with the children. That would give him considerable cause for sympathy without having to learn all the scino lingo.