One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:42 pm 

The Dirt Devil thinks you missed some dust. :)

Tigger, a.k.a. Ms *Bar Keeper's Friend*

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:42 am 

I'll second that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:34 am 

Ok......I'll bite: What's up, girls?

Who's "Dustbuster", what "dust" did he/she miss, and "Tigger"..............
Now you're some Bar Keeper's friend?

What's up? LB: You second it, fill me in. Sounds dramatic ~here~ :) or at the least, humorous.

Tory/Magoo~

[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:48 am 

Tory, "Bar Keepers Friend" is a sooper dooper "comet" or "Babbo" type of cleaner that is used often in restaurants. It really is good stuff, I highly recommend it.

I believe Tigger was referring to herself as "Dirt Devil" and Merlin as "Dustbuster". Both are brand names of popular vaccuum cleaners.

I seconded Tiggers suggestion as I think most of umikes posts should be dustbinned. ( Especially all the ones he writes about me or people I like). I suspect Tigger had others in mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:57 am 

Hey Ladybird,

I really doubt that Tigger is talking about Mike.
Guess again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:52 am 

PG, yes, I suspect Tigger had others in mind. She seems quite fond of umike.

Oh well, there is no accounting for some womens taste in men...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:58 am 

I do not want to lump Tigger in with Mike. So, please leave me out of that. Tom has done that far too much for me to tolerate (Although I do not hate Tom - I just don't like his tactics - it rubs me the wrong way).

I have read where Tigger has disagreed with Mike on some of the things he has said on FACTNet. So, don't get me involved in lumping them together because I won't do it myself.

On another note, I am very late in this game and don't have all the past bad banter amongst you. AND I am NOT going to spend the time to look into the archives. I will take people as they are NOW and not in the past. People change. I certainly have.

May I beg you to backoff of Mike for a few months? (And this has nothing to do with whether I agree with him or not.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:15 pm 

PG, umike started attacking me from the first week I posted in the guest book. I am not going to grab my ankles and let him have his way with me.

Just as if I were to start pretending to know something about programming and I was feeding people total bullshit when they asked for help with their computer, I doubt that you would sit back and say nothing.

Umike can try to shut me up, or expose me, or trash me. I don't have anything to hide, I have never even had a speeding ticket, and I am quite secure in my world.

I am here to expose the crimes of scientology, which seems to infuriate umike. Part of helping expose the truth is unfortunately exposing the lies umike tells.

You can believe whatever or whoever you want, but I will not back down when anyone is telling lies that have no purpose except to hurt others and help scientology.

PS: I like Tigger, and think she posts very important things, and I have told her so. But for God's sake, she gets even grumpier than me sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:25 pm 

"PG, umike started attacking me from the first week I posted in the guest book. I am not going to grab my ankles and let him have his way with me."

- Ladybird, this prompted me to research the archived Guestbook postings as far back as 24th December 2004. I failed to find any instance of your being attacked by Umike. In fact, you attracted him to the Guestbook when you criticised (I won't say "attacked", because I recognise the difference) him for "attacking" some of your favourite critics. Since that time, the mini-flamewar between the two of you has spread all over this forum, has been joined by others, and has resulted in the posting of some remarks which are painful for reasonable people to read - all in clear violation of the rules and standards of OCMB as established by its host. This is unfortunate and unnecessary.

As Tigger noticed, much "dust" was missed, but to have swept it all to the Dustbin would have gutted half the moderated forum and many topics in "Opinions & Debate", and would have attenuated some worthwhile discussion in the process. I consider that disruption, and it matters little whether it's perpetrated by critics or the "osa bots" which some seem to see behind every bush.

"Umike can try to shut me up, or expose me, or trash me."

- What I have seen looks more like you trying to do those things to Umike.

"I am here to expose the crimes of scientology, which seems to infuriate umike. Part of helping expose the truth is unfortunately exposing the lies umike tells."

- I suspect what "infuriates" Umike is what would infuriate anyone else: being accused of "crimes" without any accompanying proof that said crimes were ever committed, let alone that one did himself indeed commit them. Time and again you and others accuse Umike of "telling lies". Has anyone been able to specify what lie he has told? Are you quite certain that he or anyone else posting on OCMB is here to "hurt others and help scientology"? Before one makes such a charge one should take care to be standing on solid ground.

"You can believe whatever or whoever you want, but I will not back down..."

- People will have their personal likes and dislikes, but when interpersonal animosities threaten the integrity of OCMB, it is my responsibility to intervene, and I find that this is now the case. Vigilantism is not needed in this forum, and will no longer be tolerated in the portion of it that I moderate.

Ladybird, I think you post some very important things. Your deep analysis of L Ron Hubbard's psyche and how "scientology" is a holographic projection of it is brilliant.

I hope that you won't allow your occasional "grumpyness" or your personal dislike of any other poster to detract from the value of the insightful critical commentary you have to offer.

Also, I have put this communication in an "open-letter" format, for it is really intended for everyone who has participated in the recent unpleasantness which is the topic of this thread. I hope you don't mind, as I have by no means singled you out for "attack". (I don't attack, but I do criticise. You know the difference, eh? ;) )

:xenu: Hail Xenu, mon! :xenu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:33 pm 

Merlin, thank you for your time and thoughtful, considerate response.

I actually do read all the boards and alot of other things. I took initial offense to things umike posted behind my back on Factnet, while being nice to my face here on OCMB. I will drag em over here if you want, but I am sure we both have better things to do, and anybody who cares can look them up for themselves.

Wondering why someone I just met online would be so hateful, not only to me but also to people I know and love, I took a look at his history, and was quite appalled.

Another thing I would like to mention "for the archives" is that I did in fact try to register on this board 3 times that first month I was on the guest book, and never recieved the email opening my account.

It was only when I emailed Andreas directly that I got my password, and he can verify that. The concensus was that the reason I did not get the automatically generated email was because I am super paranoid and have multiple firewalls and other security programs on my network. The reason I have them is not just because of scientology, it is also because of my business.

Without being too specific, I am a translator. What I translate and for whom I will leave to your collective imaginations.

I am also a writer and a researcher, and I am definetly a critic and an EX Sea Org.

I do not mean to disrupt this board, but I do mean to do my best to stomp out false information and to allow the truth about the cult of scientology be told.

Scientology is NOT harmless, and I hope to forward the intentions of this board by exposing the facts.

Please always feel free to communicate to me whenever you feel the need to. Thank you for appreciating my better efforts.

Respectfully, Ladybird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:59 pm 

Ladybird you have made it quite clear that you will start flame wars when your favourite critics are get any criticism at all.

That will create a problem for you should you decide to remain as a poster on OCMB or any board I post at.

You simply believe that Arnie and Tory have a right to say whatever they please about myself, and others. When they get taken to task, even when they are clearly wrong-it's your intention to get involved-Is this what I'm hearing?
Here are two well known-accomplished critics that the LMT tried to publicly destroy FYI.

http://www.lindqvist.com/index.php?newID=1212
Bob Minton compensated a number of posters on ars to do his bidding-LMT employees and others too. Old Archived posts deal with that inequity and organized attacks to destroy them.

You need to understand that when Arnie, Tory or anyone begins making "OSA" accusations then they should expect a reaction and that reaction is not an "Attack"

Done ever call me a Liar again without producing the goods"

This is constant with you.
It's pretty amazing the number of people here willing to let a double standard operate.

You say you looked in the archives and you were appalled? So what? You
tell newer posters to look for my oldest posts so they can use those to form opinions about me based on 2000-01 posts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:12 am 

Umike, no one has to go any further than 2005 to see your duplicitousness. Further investigation will only provide bonus proof.

I don't intend to start flame wars, my intention is to stop lies and deceptions, which is what scientology IS.

I am going to try to ignore you now. If you are a true critic of scientology, you will spend your time exposing the cult, not attacking other critics.

Thank you for your cooperation. Ladyird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:22 am 
Hey folks ssshhhhhh

Let's get on with it!!!!

Moonbeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:37 am 

I am super paranoid and have multiple firewalls and ...

Multiple firewalls? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 am 

PG, UMMM...Multiple computers?

Hey, what do I look like, the tech department nerd?

I pay people for that. I was born last millenium, I do not understand this computer shit.

I just want to turn it on and have it work. It better work, or I will have someones head on a pike. (Just kidding, quoting LRH).

I am on my own with my little hobby of posting to OCMB. Sorry for being such a dolt.

I told you earlier Programmer Guy, that you would not let false information slide in YOUR area of expertise!

Love, Ladybird

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next