One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Debbie Cook Speaks 12/31/2011
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:08 pm 

Debbie,

This is what the cult thinks about you:

Quote:
"Ms Cook's opinions reflect a small, ignorant and unenlightened view of the world today. They are not shared by thousands of Scientologists who are overjoyed by our 27 new churches and what they mean to the communities they serve."

Here's another quote:

Quote:
"She is an apostate. Apostates are known to unreliable to be unreliable with respect to their former faiths."

What the hell is wrong with you? ...you are permanently branded.

They don't like you, and they never will, per LRH policy.

Don't forget, L. Ron Hubbard thinks you're a freeloading degraded being.

No matter how much you try, you are finished.

They treat you and everyone else like shit.

So here's what you do: You got stories to tell. TELL THEM!

This is they only way things are going to change.

The only way to redeem yourself from the disgrace they've imposed upon you is to SPEAK.

Exercise your 1st Amendment Rights of Freedom of Speech. (The only true freedom you have)

If you give in, it will only aid and abet the abuse!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 pm 

All true Mr. Bad except for the freeloader thing. It quite pissed me off when I heard (way back) that Debbie got what the church called a hefty "severance" package when she left the SO. The church has a caste system based on how much you donate and also on how much you know when you leave the SO. Those at the bottom get a freeloader bill. Those at the top who also have potentially damaging info get a big check from church lawyers.

At first I thought she was brilliant. Now I'm beginning to think she's in La-La land. Or very confused.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:03 pm 

She may think she's carefully following her severance agreement, but she needs a non-Scientology lawyer, who can study the agreement, if CoS gave her a copy. When signing, was she under duress, for example threatened with disconnection from family members?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm 

I did not read all provisions of my contract with CoS, so I do not know what it says about the freeloader debt, if any. I had my own apartment when I was in Sea Org and took only three management courses at that time; the courses were very cheap. They did not try to collect my freeloader debt after I was kicked out of Sea Org (I wrote a KR on myself saying that I took an LSD trip which was not true; I saw this lie as an opportunity to avoid a tedious sec check process). But even if I were told to pay this silly debt, I would have told them that there is no way to prove that I took management courses because I did not sign any course papers.
If a contract does not say what is the maximum time that must pass before the freeloader debt is collected, then the contract is not enforceable. I do not know if this is the case with the CoS contracts, but I am guessing that it is.

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:48 am 

Demented, The FL debt is not legally enforceable. I left over 20 years ago and no one has ever tried to collect this bill nor is it in any credit report that I have ever seen. It merely means that I don't get any training or auditing until I pay this. Since I do not want training or auditing it is meaningless.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 am 

This second letter from Debbie says nothing that is new. I do not see her recanting, what I see is some strategy. Debbie is essentially daring our vertically challenged friend to declare her for quoting LRH and telling people to get up the bridge.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:57 am 

El Jefe' wrote:
Demented, The FL debt is not legally enforceable. I left over 20 years ago and no one has ever tried to collect this bill nor is it in any credit report that I have ever seen. It merely means that I don't get any training or auditing until I pay this. Since I do not want training or auditing it is meaningless.

You are correct.
The reason why I did not read my entire CoS contract is that I found another provision in it which is illegal -- It says that I give up my rights to sue the Church. But even if one provision is illegal, the whole contract is illegal, so I did not bother to study it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:07 am 

Debbie Cook may not have a freeloader debt but that doesn't stop David Miscavige, department twenty and their minions from characterizing her as a freeloader. I don't know if it's in $cientology policy but in discussion here it came up that L. Ron Hubbard specifically stated that those who left the sea org were to be looked on as degraded beings. In Hubbard's writings there is a clinical sense to a person being categorized as a degraded being as well as to a person being categorized as a suppressive person. In other words, "the being is basically good but . . ." That clinical sense does not carry with it any negativity. But when Hubbard says to regard former sea org members as degraded beings his statement is vindictive.

With regard to David Miscavige's corporate $cientology, Debbie is finished. Even if she gets back through the door that is always open, even if only a crack, she will be looked on as a downstat and someone to avoid. There will very likely also be verbal directives from Miscavige, specifically to make her life miserable.

Debbie Cook is going to find that she will have to love $cientology from a distance.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 am 

Dorothy wrote:
All true Mr. Bad except for the freeloader thing. It quite pissed me off when I heard (way back) that Debbie got what the church called a hefty "severance" package when she left the SO. The church has a caste system based on how much you donate and also on how much you know when you leave the SO. Those at the bottom get a freeloader bill. Those at the top who also have potentially damaging info get a big check from church lawyers.

At first I thought she was brilliant. Now I'm beginning to think she's in La-La land. Or very confused.

This is the first I've heard of a severance package.

And this pisses me off!

But I'm not surprised because all you hear about are double standards in La La Land.

Now I just think she's a corrupt bitch, and I bet the fact that she didn't leave with a massive freeloaders debt pisses off 1000's of people who were used and discarded with a freeloaders bill. (not because they want to be apart of this nuthouse, but because it's disgraceful and disrespectful to be called a freeloader after you work your ass off)

I worked like a rented mule while I was in the Sea Org, and I went through it because massive lies were told that gave me a false impression as to who L. Ron Hubbard was and what $cientology is. (which I went over exhaustively in the Your Story section)

When I left the I was handed a hefty freeloader debt along with this message: "if you want to be welcome around here and spend time with your so-called $cientology friends, you better pay this "debt.""

I was 20-years-old and I was pressured (hard sold) to quit my college education, and I was given assurances of what life was like in the $ea Org and I was sold on a "greater purpose"

Then, I got to Celebrity Centre International and everything dissolved the second I got there, and I watched the superficial culture that catered to the money. No rules applied to people with money.

When I was in the Sea Org, I spent 4 hours a day studying L. Ron Hubbard's bullshit that had nothing to do my job, but it did generate more money onto my freeloader debt, which kept accruing more money after every course.

To make matters worse, I wasn't given a proper uniform. My uniformed consisted of parts left over from people who blew. I slept 8 to a room. My room was searched for contraband without my presence. My mail was opened and read. People threatened to break my legs for not reaching a quota. I was coerced into at least 8 sec checks and O/W write ups. I was also coerced into signing a gag order that prevent me speaking to the press when I left. I worked 14 hours a day 7 days a week and I had to ask permission for a day off! When my parents flew out to visit me, my CSW was denied to spend time with them.

In other words, the culture is pure shit. And this is how everyone gets treated because they churn through staff like there was no tomorrow because they don't give a fuck about people. They had to recruit one person a week because a least one person a week left. While I was there for 2 years I watched more than 100 people go through what I went through and then leave disgraced by a Cult that gave good decent people a freeloaders debt.

This is bullshit.

Then you hear, "Debbie Cook got a severance package."

WTF !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 am 

mr_bad wrote:
. . . This is the first I've heard of a severance package.

And this pisses me off! . . .

o

I understand you being pissed off, Mr Bad.

Every time I find myself getting pissed off, I remember that I should be thankful because I don't have to deal with them anymore.

No more all hands lasting till 3:00 AM!

No more having to eat rice and beans (My wife once made it as she is a southern girl, never had anything to do with Scn. She was offended when I through it down the garbage disposal. When I told her why, she understood though).

So count your blessings :proud:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 pm 

Mr_bad,
Your Sea Org story is truly horrific, I thought that things that happened to you could happen at RPF only.
I was in Sea Org for 6 months, my SO experience is very different from yours. True, I had to work a lot (about 12 hours a day) and I hated it. But the rest was not that horrible. They told me from the start that on Saturdays I will be working half-day and on Sundays will be having day-off. Later my boss tried to change the rule, but I told him to go to hell because he is in violation of Hubbard policy (I did not know if an HCOB specifying the number of working hours exists, but I took a wild guess). They knew that I was a gambling man, sort of, which was illegal at that time, but they did not try to stop me from playing poker for money at dingy establishments. I was caught smoking a joint (marijuana) once, but they did not make a great deal out of it. Soon I realized that, because of the high attrition rate, I can get away with numerous violations of Scientology ethics. At CoS it is all about the money and very little about the ethics -- they are in a desperate need of a cheap labor; once I realized that I began taking advantage of their weakness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:02 pm 

Is this just going away without any follow up or resolution?

Did $cientology's office of special affairs (OSA) succeed in making the story go away?

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 pm 

Wieber wrote:
Is this just going away without any follow up or resolution?

Did $cientology's office of special affairs (OSA) succeed in making the story go away?

Yeah, what happened?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm 

I'm quite not sure what you were expecting to happen next.
I would consider it just another a seed of doubt (or mass sowing of seeds considering the alleged 12,000 recipients of the Debbie Cook email).

Also, as far as media is concerned, it still pops up here and there as well as sparking other stories that the cult would rather not be brought to light.
Last week it popped up again in a print article in the New Idea magazine (Australia/New Zealand Jan 23rd issue) which also included a bonus article on David Miscavige's missing wife, Shelly.
You can see those articles here: viewtopic.php?p=429674#p429674, and a seperate thread was created especially for the Shelly Miscavige part: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51356 in case there is any more media).

Edit:
In a scientoloy special edition of the upcoming issue of Skeptic magazine, Jim Lippard references the Debbie Cook email in his blog blog entry (19th Jan 2012) about his Skeptic mag article (see media reports section: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51721 ) .......
Jim Lippard wrote:
I also hoped to devote a bit more space to what I allude to in my first footnote, referencing John Searle's The Construction of Social Reality, pp. 90-93 and 117-119, about how institutions can quickly collapse when collective agreement about social facts is undermined, as seems to be happening at an accelerating pace within the Church of Scientology.

Like I said, Seeds of doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm 

I am going to give the Freezoners advice that is certain to get OSA very worried, although there is nothing they can do about it.

In her emails Debbie criticized the deviation from Hubbard policy that allows DM to bilk OT VII folk by demanding endless sec checks from them. Now this is the right time to tell OT VII that no such checks are required in Freezone, they can go OT VIII right away for much less cost.

Here is the tricky part -- where one could find email addresses of the OT VII folk? But it simpler than one might think -- anyone working for a “Computer Org” has access to such data. It is easy to find a right person with access to the email data.

As Wieber noted not a long ago, Sea Org staff and non-Sea Org staff attend mostly Hubbard Management Courses, and do not move up the Bridge. As a form of bribery, Marty or someone like him could promise free OT auditing in exchange for the email addresses of a targeted group of Scientologists.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next