One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Ex JW organizes "shun run"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:09 am 

I'mglib wrote:
Oi, I have been reading the ex-JW message board, and I would say it is as sad as the ex-Scientologists. It's a lot different, because there seems to be a lot of physical abuse in JW. Spanking rooms in the Kingdom Hall for kids who can't sit still through the 2 hour sermon, and that type of thing.

Last time the JW came by I told them I could never be interested in a religion that promotes shunning, and they looked at me like "what are you talking about?" So I said "dis-fellowshipping" and then they got it and said, "Ohhhh, that's just for drug addicts and criminals and such." And I said, "Hmm, I don't think so."
Did you check your door frame?

"Turns out the way to get Mormon's and Jehovah's Witnesses to leave you alone is this: If you put a black or red thumbtack in your door frame they don’t knock. Green means they're receptive to your message. Yellow means they aren't adverse to it. Red means the owner responded belligerently. Black means stay away." They put thumbtacks on the frames as a signal to other JW's who are tracking.

http://jeffthebaptist.blogspot.com/2006 ... -code.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm 

Smurf wrote:
I'mglib wrote:
Oi, I have been reading the ex-JW message board, and I would say it is as sad as the ex-Scientologists. It's a lot different, because there seems to be a lot of physical abuse in JW. Spanking rooms in the Kingdom Hall for kids who can't sit still through the 2 hour sermon, and that type of thing.

Last time the JW came by I told them I could never be interested in a religion that promotes shunning, and they looked at me like "what are you talking about?" So I said "dis-fellowshipping" and then they got it and said, "Ohhhh, that's just for drug addicts and criminals and such." And I said, "Hmm, I don't think so."

"Turns out the way to get Mormon's and Jehovah's Witnesses to leave you alone is this: If you put a black or red thumbtack in your door frame they don’t knock. Green means they're receptive to your message. Yellow means they aren't adverse to it. Red means the owner responded belligerently. Black means stay away." They put thumbtacks on the frames as a signal to other JW's who are tracking.

Ooh, that's cool. I may have to decorate my door frame. Thanks for the info, Smurf. I've never heard of that before.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 pm 

Smurf wrote:
I'mglib wrote:

Haven't heard of that one, but there's no way it's true. JW's thrive on the fact that they feel persecuted. Black thumbtacks would only encourage them more. When I was a jo ho, we had a guy in the "territory" who was a maniac. He was so over the top in his behaviour that he would get visited 10 times more often. He would tell people he was going to kill them. Of course that makes for good brainwashing bonding at the kingdom hall. One of my buddies dropped in on him once and said that he had a knife as was stabbing his house.

But if you really want to get rid of them once and for all, bring up these topics...

Membership to the U.N. They consider the group as the bride of Satan. Rank and file jw's on average don't even know about it

1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1932, 1975. All dates for armageddon.

Now if you prefer to have fun, and get rid of them at the same time, just say "smurfs" That's right, smurfs are demonized. Smurf means demon on the bayou. Or just put your shirt and jeans on backwards, and in the most monotone voice you can muster, you say... I am an apostate and now I'm demonized, all because I rebuked Jehovah and the society and their words. My neck hurts, can you please twist it back?

Then get your garden hose, because you're going to have one large steaming pile on your porch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm 

Tell JW that Jesus was crucified. They will go away because they believe that he died with his hands tied behind the pole.

Tell them that you just got blood transfusion. To them having blood transfusion is the same sin as drinking human blood.

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 am 

There's a good article on Jehovah's Witness in God's Lunatics.

There is a medical practice where a person scheduled for an operation goes into the hospital earlier and gives blood. They label and store that and then use it for transfusion purposes later on. Jehovah's Witness members could do that.

The reason they don't want transfusions is because they believe at some time in the future when judgement day comes that their physical body will rise from the grave and be restored for them. If that body has someone else's blood in it their body is likely to mutate or otherwise be screwed up because of the other "body" in their body.

They don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays, so go answer the door wearing a party hat and smear some cake icing on your mouth. Tell them you're in the midst of a birthday party and ask them if they'd like to come in and have some cake. I doubt very much that they would call your bluff.

They came to my door a while back. I was all set to try out Steven Hassan's method as described in Releasing the Bonds. They must have sensed it because before I could get in word one they ran away really fast.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 am 

Demented LRH wrote:
Tell JW that Jesus was crucified. They will go away because they believe that he died with his hands tied behind the pole.
No, they won't. It'll only challenge them to proselytize you even more & convince you that the cross was a myth. I've spoken to many JWs in my life, know several ex-JWs, and see nothing wrong with talking to them. I tell them I know about the JWs, respect them for their chosen beliefs, but I don't share them. If they get aggressive with the proselytizing, walk away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 pm 

Smurf wrote:

That's got to be an Urban Myth, though I can't track it down - your reference is the only one I can find on the Web and the author's reference is a dead link. I'd guess it comes from the 'secret marks' that other minority groups such as hobos used to put outside houses:
http://weburbanist.com/2010/06/03/hobog ... mad-codes/

http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:40 pm 

As a former atheist, I do not understand one thing – why excommunication is so painful for some? If you got kicked out, choose another denomination and move on, it is that simple. God did not reject you, the priests did. But they are not the Supreme Being; to me their words carry very little weight.
Like all humans, they are prone to gross errors. Their job is to conduct prayers, perform wedding ceremonies, perform funeral ceremonies, etc. But they should abstain from preaching because they are not Jesus, Buddha, Moses, etc.
This is exactly why I did not become a practicing Buddhist – I accepted the Buddhist teachings, but I do not like stupid priests telling me what I should and should not do. They are not smarter than me, so they just should keep their mouths shut.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm 

Demented LRH wrote:
As a former atheist, I do not understand one thing – why excommunication is so painful for some? If you got kicked out, choose another denomination and move on, it is that simple.
You have no understanding of organized religion, DLRH, which is guilt & shame-based, and usually involves family relationships. "Moving on" is as easy as kicking a drug & alcohol addiction by simply deciding not to do it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ji-L9aYcw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 am 

Yes, I have never encountered an organized religion, so I do not really understand it.

I was watching 20/20 once, they were profiling people who go from one church to another in search of the denomination that suits them most. This is not something that I would do because to me this is a waste of time. However, I thought that if they can do their search with such ease, all others could do the same. The thought of shame never crossed my mind because I never experienced it in a religious sense.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:56 am 

SP declare, a year and a half ago: Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:20 am 

DLRH, if one can just "move on" that would be fine. But usually a person has a lot of family and friends that are involved with the religion they are trying to leave. Sometimes that means pretty much EVERYONE they know. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 pm 

I'mglib wrote:
DLRH, if one can just "move on" that would be fine. But usually a person has a lot of family and friends that are involved with the religion they are trying to leave. Sometimes that means pretty much EVERYONE they know. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

I suppose, you are right. This is just not my experience. My father was an atheist. My mother is a Christian, but her Church friends are not my friends, I hardly know them. I never thought that being excommunicated means getting disconnected from family and friends. My friends are like me – we are cosmopolitan, and we do not attend churches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm 

Mark Cabian, was this SP declare done in person or was it delivered via regualr mail?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am 

Demented LRH wrote:
we are cosmopolitan, and we do not attend churches.

well that flies in the face of how pictured you. which was more of an Ignatius J Reilly meets Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer dealio. :wink:

man was I off base.