One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:20 am
Posts: 9298
If Debbie writes a lengthy apology, CoS will use it against her in court. Be patient until the legal fight ends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: New York City, NY, USA
^^ I agree.

_________________
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Texas
Gumbythetruth wrote:
Dorothy wrote:
Gumby wrote:
She took the money offered did she not?

Contracts signed under duress/coercion are not legally binding. The judge will be considering the evidence of this when making her decision. The cult probably ended the temprary injunction because the more Debbie talked, the more it would be guaranteed that the judge would see that she signed under duress. The only way the cult could shut Debbie up this time, was to withdraw.

Why do you think that you, and others, continue to post that wonderful photo of the razor wire atop the fence at Int Base?

The difference between this case and say the Gerry Armstrong case is that Debbie was being held prisoner when she signed. She couldn't leave. She told her own mother, if they do not release me within 3 days, call the police. Gerry A. had been a free man for years when he accepted his hush money from the cult.
I didn't post any picture of barbed wire??? Is not the burden of proof regarding abuse on DC,s shoulders? The case is based on a contract both parties signed. That contract involved money based on not talking about whatever. The abuse and duress though horrible will be hard to prove if in fact it is central to DC,s alleged violation of a NDC. The court will decide all this and more. The rub is this is more finger pointing after the fact. Sad but so many cases failed because of using religious abuse as a reason to break a contract or in seeking vindication.

Personal opinion alert!! I am not a lawyer.

The signing of the NDAs under duress will probably be central to Debbie and Wayne's case and apparently Debbie caught them completely flat-footed with her testimony. I have no doubt that Debbie and Wayne can and will produce as many witnesses as they need who will swear in court that these things did occur and I believe Marty and Mike stand ready as former CoS execs to testify that the duress is standard practice with the cult. What will be more interesting is whether the cult tries to deny that the abuse occurred and trots out its own witnesses to that end (I don't think they will, since their folks don't hold up well under cross-examination), or tries to claim that the so-called abuse was actually religious practice, not within the court's jurisdiction and therefore irrelevant. I think they withdrew only to give themselves time to work up their strategy. If CoS' San Antonio lawyers think Debbie is telling the truth and have any integrity at all, they'll tell the cult to take a hike. Lawyers do not take kindly to being lied to by their clients. In Texas word spreads fast in the legal community and if the cult changes lawyers they will probably have to bring in someone from out of state who is a member of the Texas Bar.

Here's the legal question as I see it: Can an abusive "religious" practice be used to force someone to sign a legally binding agreement?

Gumby has mentioned a couple of times that Debbie took the money. Yes, she did, but she stated in court that she did not understand that it was in consideration for her signing the agreement. She also said there was an entire "handling" to get her to accept the money prior to the taping of her signing. I also don't think there is any mention of payment in the agreement, either (I could be wrong about that).

Don't get too excited, folks. Unless the CoS proceeds with their suit or Debbie and Wayne counter-sue, the issue of the validity of the NDA remains unresolved. Debbie is only un-gagged with respect to her discussing her legal defense. The NDA has not been invalidated and she has not been released from it.

_________________
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
-- Dave Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: New York City, NY, USA
I still do not understand why the thing that Debbie signed is called NDA. Either the Scientology lawyers made one of their stupid mistakes or I am missing something.

I signed 2 NDAs (not with CoS), one of which was legally binding, while the other one was not.

1. As a business consultant, I did statistical research of cruise ship data for a company. They wanted me to sign NDA, which I did. But all the data that they gave me was collected from the cruise lines’ websites. Since the data is in public domain, the NDA is not valid. I signed it because I wanted to please the customer.

2. . As a business consultant, I did statistical research of manufacturing data for a company. They wanted me to sign NDA, which I did. The company owns that data meaning that it was recorded when certain parameters of the motor manufacturing process were measured; moreover, this data was not made public. Therefore, the NDA is valid.

Usually, the NDA is signed when a company want their R&D data, manufacturing data, financial data, etc., kept away from public domain, so no one could use it for personal enrichment (these ideas are explained in greater detail at the thread “NDA” posted at ESMB).

In her email to the CoS members Debbie quoted HCOB currently in public domain. I do not see how this data could be covered by an NDA.

_________________
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Posts: 1950
Location: Kansas
[Re: Elwood's post] I fully agree! :)

_________________
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Posts: 1950
Location: Kansas
Gumbythetruth wrote:
Dorothy wrote:
Haven't you been paying attention to her story?
Yes.

Dorothy wrote:
I will assume you feel it would be okay to get rid of Mr. McSavage. Good to know. But you failed to mention that it wouldn't really do any good, because it's all Hubbard's fault.
I failed to mention? So now you would like to speak for me? To put words in my mouth? Gee wiz! Thanks for the help, NOT! :proud:

Sorry, Gumby. Seems I can't get it right with you. And on that second quote, I was being facetious.

I'll take Elwood's advice and calm down. When the board devolves into the argument about whether it's all Davey's fault or all Hubbard's fault, I do get excited. When it happens I should treat it as derailing/off-topic commentary and just ignore it.

I believe many people are responsible: Hubbard and his ardent followers, McSavage and his ardent supporters, the lawyer-whores who get paid to blow off CoS, the USA's IRS, certain academics, indifference from FBI, you name it there are many people to be held accountable for participating in, and aiding/abetting CoS related crimes.

Regardless of their beliefs I do see Indies making up the damage and that is really what this thread is about. Yes they are still ardent followers of LRon but as long as they do not carry out that support in the same abusive ways, I don't see the point of calling them names and mud-slinging when they are doing way more than most people, at great risk to themselves, to make a difference.

_________________
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 5146
Dorothy wrote:
[Re: Elwood's post] I fully agree! :)



Me, too.

Also, in case people have forgotten, it's against the rules here to say someone is full of horse sh*t or any other kind of sh*t.

_________________
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 9037
Sort of getting back on topic, I think it is pretty much a given that like it or not, want it or not, Debbie is now out of David Miscavige's $cientology organization. What I would like to see happen with her now is that she gets though the upcoming court case and gets acquitted or whatever the legal term is for having the court decide in her favor. I don't know if she and her lawyer(s) have what it takes to do that but I hope it happens.

Should she come away from that court case unfettered I'm fairly sure she would be welcomed here by most of the people involved on this message board. As an executive director in $cientology there were most likely times when she was a bitch on wheels. Hubbard's policy required that. However when I first saw her picture after I was out and on the way to recovery, I thought she had a kind expression and was probably a nice person. I hope what I was seeing was her own personality and not some PR presentation.

_________________
"Disconnection is both an act of war and an admission of defeat."
Jon Atack

Image
http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 5146
Agreed. Debbie would definitely be welcome to post here. Wouldn't that be something.

_________________
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm
Posts: 33
I'mglib wrote:
Agreed. Debbie would definitely be welcome to post here. Wouldn't that be something.


Her takeover of corporate scientology would be complete at that point!

(sorry - runs away giggling...)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 9037
If $cientology management, as is strongly suspected, has declared Debbie Cook a suppressive person (SP), I hope she gets the declaration document. Somewhere in the materials for the suppressive person/potential trouble source (SP/PTS) course Hubbard says the reason why $cientology declares people as suppressive persons is to make sure they come back, as if carrying out the SP doctrine is something all benign and beneficial for the person who is declared and then fair gamed (although the practice is done but not named.) (Yeah, sure. If you believe that do you want to buy a bridge? Oh, you are already paying for one.)

The reason I would like Debbie to get confirmation of her supposed suppressive person declaration is that it puts her into the same class with many people with whom Debbie would otherwise feel a strong inclination not to deal with nor to communicate with. Getting the document may well break the imposition of that prohibition on her.

_________________
"Disconnection is both an act of war and an admission of defeat."
Jon Atack

Image
http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ABC-7 in LA just did an eight minute story on Debbie Cook
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: Hollywood, USA
ABC 7 in LA just did a lengthy story on Debbie Cook complete with courthouse video and video with elliot abelson as she signed her life away. Good job ABC! Aired at 5:30 PM Wed. Feb. 15. This is a big deal. They RARELY mention Scientology ever and even this report took no sides and made no mention of the cult's various bad reps.

READ THE STORY HERE: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8545654


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 5146
Debbie posted an open letter on Marty's blog:

Quote:
Dear Friends,

On 31 Dec 2011 I sent an email that I hoped would help Scientologists around the world to involve themselves in the direction of the Scientology Religion and also to remind them that LRH empowered all Scientologists to do all they can to keep things strictly to LRH tech and policy.

I never spoke to the press and asked that it be kept from them. I also made it clearly known to the Office of Special Affairs that I had no plans for any further action and asking that our family, friends and business associates not be pressured to “disconnect” from us.

In response I received no communication from the Church at all, but rather every one of my Scientology clients was instructed to disconnect from me and my company was tanked. Further, my Scientology friends and family were contacted and ordered to disconnect.

Further still the Church of Scientology filed suit against me, demanding a legal injunction requiring complete silence on the subject of Scientology and $300,000 in damages.

The first part of that legal action occurred on 9 Feb, where the Church’s legal counsel asked of the Texas courts to legally silence me. They withdrew that filing the very next day after the court heard a very small sample of the physical abuse committed behind the closed doors of the International Scientology Base. But that was thanks to the 100% support of Marty and Mike and a few others very dear friends who were there to help guide us through this. It was especially due to an attorney and his team who came from the very heavens.

I have since done some press interviews, only with the intention of making it clear that these issues of duress and confinement are not based on the scriptures of the Scientology religion or the works of L. Ron Hubbard. They are the doings of an individual or a few individuals. And that Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard are kind and caring and good.

Before me now is the damages case, where DM will demand millions of dollars in damages from me.

But for now, the first battle was won.

And for this, I want to thank from the bottom of my heart each and every one of you who supported me through this time, my true friends. From the well over one thousand people who sent emails and letters of support to the hundreds of people who donated to my legal defense, thank you!

In my moment of need, many stepped forward. People I knew and people I didn’t. Scientologists in “good standing” and those who aren’t. And Scientologists with some real heart-wrenching stories to tell. And not just Scientologists, but people from all faiths and all walks of life who saw that a great injustice was afoot and stepped forward to help prevent it. And together in this first round, we prevailed.

However, this fight is far from over and if truth is to prevail, your positive support and help will make all the difference.

Please know who I am. I support L Ron Hubbard. I have seen L Ron Hubbard’s technology create many miracles. There is no question in my mind that Scientology books and lectures as written by L Ron Hubbard hold tremendous benefit for anyone who just takes the writings as they are and applies them. I have seen the lame walk. I have seen emotionally broken people renewed. I have seen relationships healed. And I have seen these things over and over and over again. Nothing could ever shake my belief in the value of L Ron Hubbard’s philosophical writings.

I will do whatever is needed to ensure that the Scientology religion moves forward into the 21st Century in the spirit of love, compassion and kindness.

So that is who I am.

At this time, I have more friends than I had before I made this stand, far more. And we have our integrity. And it feels damn good.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Debbie Cook

_________________
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DEBBIE COOK UN-GAGGED!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Posts: 5159
Location: Bondi Beach
I'mglib wrote:
Debbie posted an open letter on Marty's blog:

Quote:
Dear Friends,

On 31 Dec 2011 I sent an email that I hoped would help Scientologists around the world to involve themselves in the direction of the Scientology Religion and also to remind them that LRH empowered all Scientologists to do all they can to keep things strictly to LRH tech and policy.

I never spoke to the press and asked that it be kept from them. I also made it clearly known to the Office of Special Affairs that I had no plans for any further action and asking that our family, friends and business associates not be pressured to “disconnect” from us.

In response I received no communication from the Church at all, but rather every one of my Scientology clients was instructed to disconnect from me and my company was tanked. Further, my Scientology friends and family were contacted and ordered to disconnect.

Further still the Church of Scientology filed suit against me, demanding a legal injunction requiring complete silence on the subject of Scientology and $300,000 in damages.

The first part of that legal action occurred on 9 Feb, where the Church’s legal counsel asked of the Texas courts to legally silence me. They withdrew that filing the very next day after the court heard a very small sample of the physical abuse committed behind the closed doors of the International Scientology Base. But that was thanks to the 100% support of Marty and Mike and a few others very dear friends who were there to help guide us through this. It was especially due to an attorney and his team who came from the very heavens.

I have since done some press interviews, only with the intention of making it clear that these issues of duress and confinement are not based on the scriptures of the Scientology religion or the works of L. Ron Hubbard. They are the doings of an individual or a few individuals. And that Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard are kind and caring and good.

Before me now is the damages case, where DM will demand millions of dollars in damages from me.

But for now, the first battle was won.

And for this, I want to thank from the bottom of my heart each and every one of you who supported me through this time, my true friends. From the well over one thousand people who sent emails and letters of support to the hundreds of people who donated to my legal defense, thank you!

In my moment of need, many stepped forward. People I knew and people I didn’t. Scientologists in “good standing” and those who aren’t. And Scientologists with some real heart-wrenching stories to tell. And not just Scientologists, but people from all faiths and all walks of life who saw that a great injustice was afoot and stepped forward to help prevent it. And together in this first round, we prevailed.

However, this fight is far from over and if truth is to prevail, your positive support and help will make all the difference.

Please know who I am. I support L Ron Hubbard. I have seen L Ron Hubbard’s technology create many miracles. There is no question in my mind that Scientology books and lectures as written by L Ron Hubbard hold tremendous benefit for anyone who just takes the writings as they are and applies them. I have seen the lame walk. I have seen emotionally broken people renewed. I have seen relationships healed. And I have seen these things over and over and over again. Nothing could ever shake my belief in the value of L Ron Hubbard’s philosophical writings.

I will do whatever is needed to ensure that the Scientology religion moves forward into the 21st Century in the spirit of love, compassion and kindness.

So that is who I am.

At this time, I have more friends than I had before I made this stand, far more. And we have our integrity. And it feels damn good.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Debbie Cook


Emphasis mine.

Yup, never be afraid to hurt another in a just cause is one of many things (KSW?)>I< worry about with scientologists in and out.

Sorry Debbie, but you sound kind of dangerous when you say stuff like what I emphasized.

_________________
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vmibqhoasb and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group