Post subject: Critique This Ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 pm 

I had some questions about this, but asking them might direct your attention to
my interest and miss some interesting observations. Have a look at the ad and
make a comment or two on it.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject: Re: Critique This Ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm 

Im going to reserve any thoughts on this and let this image sink in....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:19 pm 

Same old, cheap looking machine, and, obviously, the same, redundant marketing staff that's in dire need of being RPF'ed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufingerhut/2790916371/

http://www.scientology-cult.com/mark-vi ... ealed.html

Wonder when they are going to release the talking emeter, when a sexy, sultry voice sez... your needle is floating..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 pm 

The usual 80's hair metal graphix. This one puts me in mind of Aerosmith for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 am 

What is that object directly behind the e-meter? It looks like Darth Vader's helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am 

bubbler wrote:
The usual 80's hair metal graphix. This one puts me in mind of Aerosmith for some reason.

LOL!! I was wondering why there are wings on the $cientology "trademark" symbol. They're stuck in the 80's and want to look "cool". All I understand is the e-meter, of course. But I don't understand why there seems to be a "shadow" e-meter behind and to the right of it. I understand the $cientology symbol, with the two triangles (ARC & KRC triangles), but I'm sure all the rest of the imagery is there for a reason, twisted as it may be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:49 am 

The dials are prehistoric, and even the digital displays are old. Today's electronics are far more sleek and futuristic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am 

There are loads of subliminal and not so subliminal messages.

First, this ad is asking you to give-up doing whatever you're doing where ever you happen to be, and make a pilgrimage to Flag and stay at the Fort Harrison for no less than $1,200 a week for months or years, however much money you have to do so.

Then, I think the wings suggest that "OT (secretive ramblings) gives you wings" (like Redbull)

The suggestion is that if you go to flag and sit on your ass in a classroom with a bunch of losers and let some douchebag, who hasn't had a day off in 6-weeks wordclear you on La Fatty's ramblings, you're going to take your new "abilities" back with you to where ever you came from and "make your personal stats boom highest ever." (because you'll have to now that you've spent all your savings, are in-debt, and haven't worked weeks)

Who knows what the semi-circle of columns and roman arches is supposed to mean. My guess is that they are a references to ancient wisdom to suggest $cientology has that.

Then the e-meter is there to remind us that Tubby was a thief and he stole this device from Volney and never payed him a dime in royalties.

Then of course, there's the setting or rising sun in the background which could have a variety of symbolic meanings. Personally, I like to think of it as a setting sun because I believe the sun is setting on these douches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:10 am 

Speaking of the 80's, the wings and Scientologys logo looks like it was lifted from Aerosmith:

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am 

top of ad features the cult's very own "Golden Snitch"
(sue 'em, JK Rowling!!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:58 pm 

The ad does not say how much this piece of shit costs. I think I know why -- its price went up, which is a disappointment for its buyers.

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:04 pm 

and this one is few years old....
http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/08/18/p ... er-bureau/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 pm 

Demented LRH wrote:
The ad does not say how much this piece of shit costs. I think I know why -- its price went up, which is a disappointment for its buyers.
They never did, because the cult knows with today's Internet, anyone that wanted the emeter could purchase it at a much lower costs on sites like Amazon or eBay versus what the cult want you to pay, and, of course, by calling THEM, you're slammed with the full-on marketing script why it's vitally important you buy directly from the cult.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:00 am 

The shadow e-meter, Darth Vader's helmet, is to make it look like a car. Comin' At Ya! Explosive! Horsepower! Pegasus Rules! Get On the Bridge to Total Freedom! As micromanaged by the Ecclesiastical Leader, well known race fan, its not hard to imagine him with a scrapbook full of General Motors ads lovingly torn from various magazines, or at least a file of jpgs.

"Here!! This is what I want! Is that so fucking hard?! You fucking knuckleheads! Do I have to do everything myself?!"

* ** :crazy: ** *

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:38 am 

It's a very dark ad. Darkness at the top, darkness at the bottom and the suggestion of the Coliseum in the background, battlefield of gladiators, with the Scientology S and Double Triangle rising up, like a ghost going up to that Spirit in the sky.

By the way, that thing that looks like Darth Vader's helmut is a "meter shield" so the PC or person being audited can't see the notes the auditor is writing.

All in all it gives the impression of Scientology dying and instead of going OT (with the OT symbol) they have the Scientology symbol with wings floating upwards. Does that echo their priorities that Int Scn Membership is the most important thing right now?

What really caps it all off is the message at the bottom, which hints at flying up to Ron's home to really go OT. Didn't Hubbard have to leave his body to continue his research into the OT levels? Join him in the sky by dropping your body. Ho ho ho, ha ha, hmm?

Thorn