One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: ScienoSitter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 12:15 am 
To all,

I just downloaded Explorer 5.50 and am now having problems accessing Anti-scientology pages on the web. I just might have gotten the bug. Watchout.

NG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 7:55 am 
NG,

Is that ALL anti-Scio sites? Do all OTHER sites work correctly?

If yes, be sure to post this information in the techie newsgroups. Also, others should try it too.

If Scn somehow magaged to make $cioSitter part of the IE 5.5 install, it would be a MAJOR scandal for Microsoft.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 2:41 pm 
Mike,
Not all sites were affected, just some of them especially the site I listed last night about the 1934 Scientologie book. Others were extreamly slow. I didn't try to many because I kept getting fatal errors and had to shut down each time. So I just remove 5.50. It seemed strange that everything was working well until I installed 5.50 and then things went bad. It appeared to load my RAM with God knows what. I lost all of my start menu on each try.

Sorry I can't help more but, I have an investment in this machine and don't want it screwed up. So I'm leaving well enough along.

NG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:07 am 
I just read in ARS in Review an item about the Scientology company Jensen Software, that is responsible for the Defragmentation software in Windows 2000. Does anyone have more information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:14 am 
Sorry, the company is "Executive Software", and one of the principals is a person named Jensen who is a Scientologist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:40 am 
I did a check on the website for 'Executive Software' and realized that it is the company that makes "Diskeeper" which is a defragmentation program. (Good one, I have used it). The web site has a bio on the CEO, who is this guy Jensen. Does not say anything about connections with Scientology. His bio picture looks familiar to me; the company is said to be headquartered in Glendale, CA, and has been active since 1981.

The defrag program, whether the retail version or the piece that Microsoft includes with 2000, operates at a very low level in the Operating System. I'm not saying there is a connection with your IE 5.5 issues. It just surprised me, this mention in ARS in Review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 1:17 pm 
I say that once Clambake puts CoS out of business, we help out the world by taking on Micro$oft. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 3:38 am 
Craig Jensen was in the legal department in the GO back in the 70's. He's now one of the highly respected Patrons of the IAS (International Association of Scientologists). His company, Executive Software, is sometimes described as a Scientology company. This is a misnomer. Executive Software is not owned by, or run by, the Church of Scientology. But it is fair to say that many of the companies employee's are Scientologists.

The current controversy over his the Diskeeper software stems from the German governments concern that as an integral part of Windows 2000, it creates an opportunity for Scientology to create security holes which can then be exploited. There are many references to this ongoing issues in the ARS weekly review on this web site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 3:40 am 
ps: even if there were some sort of nefarious Scientology involvement with Executive Software and Windows 2000, I dont think it would explain the problem that NG is having with IE 5.5. IE 5.5 is not bundled with Executive Software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 9:11 pm 
Agreed. This is probably a case of IE 5 conflicting with some funky code on the scientilogie.org site.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 1:56 am 
Im actually running IE 5.5 and have gained access to EVERYTHING! May be a Scn virus(?) Get McAfee active shield--web based w/daily upgrades. That's all I can come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 3:04 am 
I think I'll just leave it alone for awhile, I reported the incident to MS, maybe they can find it for me. I have Mcafee, but it was not updated for that time frame. I could be my equipment it has been acting very strange ever since the IE 5.50 down load. Really strange stuff. Printer failures ?? never happened before. And alot of BSOD's?? Even had a Sound card failure (software it had to be reloaded)
Sparky, from what site did you get your IE 5.50? I got mine from MS.
NG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 4:59 am 
New Guy--Got my IE 5.5 from MS's website>>>Did you happen to install anything else lately? I REALLY doubt any Scn link. No problems so far--actually very little difference from 5.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 1:10 pm 
Sparky,
No new installs lately. Now that I think about it I might have installed the whole IE5.50 instead of the upgrade, but that should not have made any difference. Maybe I just got a bad copy. If you think about what has to happen to get a download, almost anything could have happened. There was a thunderstorm in the area. Who knows maybe my system just isn't compatable with it.

Thanks for the input.

NG