What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

Post by Wieber » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:37 am

There are people involved with Scientology who find their way here one way or another and read posts on this message board. There are also people working on staff in Scientology who are assigned to come here for a variety of "products."

So, the reason for this thread is for members of this message board to write postings addressed to people involved in Scientology who have come here and are reading the posts on this message board.

My boilerplate message to those involved in Scientology is, "Leave Scientology and take your life back."

I ask you to make your posts on this thread with the assumption that you are writing to the Scientologist who has found this site and is reading its posts. If we manage to keep this thread floating near the top of the first page that would be good.

I plan on changing the thread title as the thread develops, and hopefully it will. I'm open to suggestions.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Karen#1

Re: What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

Post by Karen#1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 am

I would say

GOOGLE

Truth Rundown Tampa Bay Times and read it all, watch the videos.

GOOGLE

Youtube Anderson Cooper A history of Violence and watch all 5 videos.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 am

I would say, when you open the scientology.org website, the first thing you see is a video, and the first thing in the video says that Scientology is the study of knowledge.

Then I would ask, if you are an expert (and it seems that one should be, if that's what Scientology is all about), then what is knowledge and how do you get it?

From there I would find out if knowledge can be found from one source, or should you read many sources? What does Scientology say? What if two sources differ? How do you reconcile? What if, for instance, a man is accused of beating his wife, but he says she is a liar. Would you only talk to the man? Etc.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Mest Lover

Post by Mest Lover » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

This is the missing half of your "well informed" step. Why does SCN not want you to read this?
I was: Security Chief CLO EUS 1989 -1991
Fine Print: I never signed the Sea Organization billion year contract!
Need help leaving? call this number: 1-866-XSEAORG You can leave NOW! REALLY!
My name is Andrue, nice to meet you.
Some of my stories are on ESMB

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I would say to a Scientologist, “Do not read the Xenu story if you think that it can harm you. Read instead two books by Hubbard, A History of Man, and, Have You live Before This Life? Then decide for yourself if these books describe real events or they are ramblings of a madman. Consider these books as a test of your intelligence.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

SeeYaBye

Post by SeeYaBye » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

For those who have been loyal members of the Church of Scientology for many years, including while L Ron Hubbard was alive, look at how the church has changed since the death of LRH and ascension of David Miscavige to head the church. Consider the old days where money put into the Church of Scientology was all about being in exchange. Money paid for Scientology services. Pay for a service on the Bridge, take that service. Pay for the next service on the Bridge, and complete that service. You were in-exchange. You were moving up the Bridge. After David Miscavige took control of the church, it became all about donating money for various activities of the church, but not for services any longer. Where did LRH write about IAS status? Where is it written that you must achieve certain status levels to proceed up the bridge. For old timers, look at how the tech has changed, including the out-tech redefinition of a floating needle. So many changes that were arbitrarily put in place by David Miscavige, not by what LRH said or wrote. Look at all of the non-bridge actions that are pushed, such as the basic books. Most of you are no longer moving up the bridge. Why not? Out-tech and out-admin are everywhere, and you are paying the big money that keeps it that way, and that prevent you from any significant Bridge movement. Why is that? Perhaps it is time to reconsider whether the Church of Scientology is an ethical organization at this point in time. Are you a member of a blatantly out-ethics church? Only you can evaluate that. And if the Church of Scientology is an out-ethics organization, then what is the correct action for you to take? Only you can determine what that action should be. Best of luck in getting this sorted out and determining the truth, and taking the appropriate in-ethics actions.
"The truth is the kindest thing we can give folks in the end." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Don't fear your relatives will mock you and say "I told you so" if you come back to them after you had disconnected from them years ago. Say to them, "I left the Church of Scientology, I'm sorry about the disconnection, and I'm not ready to talk about it yet." Then do some research and reflection, and talk to them as much or as little as you feel is right for you.

There might be a topic on which you can enthusastically agree, like John Travolta's mysterious balding cover-ups. There is much for you and your relatives to catch up on.

i-Betty

Post by i-Betty » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Admins, could this thread be stickied?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 am

The mods can't do this. Andreas would have to sticky the thread.

I want to suggest quietly changing bank accounts and credit card numbers, so they can't snoop on your balance or feloniously use your credit card number without approval. Then play dumb and broke.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 am

I was involved with Scientology for many years. I am often referred to as an ex-Scientologist. I accept that label but I don't think of myself that way. I do not define my self in any way in terms of Scientology.

Many of the people posting on this message board have also been involved in Scientology. The amount of time we spent supporting L. Ron Hubbard, his organization and his activities varied. The amount of money we put into that organization varied. The number of family members we gave to that organization varied. Some of us spent time as staff members. Some were staff members in the sea organization. Some were staff members in lower orgs and missions.

Now that we have left Scientology behind and are telling about it, we are designated by Scientology's authority figures as suppressive persons or disgruntled apostates, among other disparaging epithets. I find it interesting whenever a suppressive person declaration is issued with regard to someone who spent any amount of time involved in Scientology. The question that always came to mind was, how come it took so long to detect these people as suppressive persons?

How come it took so long to detect, as suppressive persons, people who were involved with Scientology for such a long period of time? Per L. Ron Hubbard's writings on suppressive persons such people became that way a long time ago and have been that way for many millions of years. They don't suddenly become that way. So how come it takes so long to detect them?

So many individuals who worked directly with L. Ron Hubbard have been declared as suppressive persons. How come L. Ron Hubbard was so incapable that he did not detect those people as being suppressive persons? Since he wrote the book on the subject, as it were, that indicates he was the expert on it. So how come he never detected so many people around him as being suppressive?

Per L. Ron Hubbard's data series that's the outpoint, 'added time.' It's also 'omitted data.' What's been omitted is the detection of the suppressive persons. You should think about that. If you think you shouldn't think about that, then what makes you think that?
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:08 am

I bring up the suppressive person, disgruntled apostate business because that's how corporate Scientology has labeled those of us who have been involved with Scientology and left it. In case you're wondering, what I mean by corporate Scientology, it is a term used to indicate the Scientology organization that is currently run by David Miscavige. It is a term used by a number of individuals to differentiate that organization from other organizations and individuals who practice Scientology outside the authority of the Scientology organization that David Miscavige runs.

So, why are you here? I should rephrase that. If you haven't been assigned the task of lurking here then why are you here? Most of those who participate in and post on this message board are critical of various aspects of Scientology. As such we are looked on by corporate Scientology as suppressive persons and as such you are supposed to handle us or disconnect from us.

Since you are not going to succeed at the former then you must, according to Scientology policy, disconnect. Still here? Welcome to the Bake.
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Some of Scientologists will choose to ignore everything they see at this thread. If you are one of them, I respect your choice, but I would like to ask you this –is it necessary to pay huge amount of money to move up the bridge? I hope you heard about Technique 88 – it is designed to recall the whole track, not just portions of it. Basically, Technique 88 is Dianetics auditing used to recall past lives, as LRH wrote in the book, A History of Man.
If you know how to do Dianetics auditing, you can easily use Technique 88. All you need is a partner to walk you through the Technique 88 steps, you do not have to waste tons of money to reach the OT8 level.
Indeed, Technique 88 was widely used in 1950s and 1960s. But now the Church has abandoned it because it greatly decreases the flow of money into Miscavige’s pocket.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Recall that pinch.

Have you ever noticed that children in Scientology tend to be angry, aggressive and unhappy? No? Take a better look next time. There's a reason sea org members aren't allowed to have children.

Recall making love.

You've had auditing or you know about it. A fair amount of it involves regression, or getting a person to supposedly remember things from their past that they have supposedly forgotten.

Did you know Hubbard developed Dianetics out of a psychiatric treatment called abreaction therapy? That's my evaluation based on reading Battle for the Mind by William Sargant so don't accept my word for it. Read that book and make your own evaluation.

The recall commands I have used are from the pinch test and from Self Analysis, which is also the basis of ARC Straightwire. You may have had experience with those things. I have been setting you up here. Now I'm going to ask you to recall something.

If you are not what is referred to as a second generation Scientologist or a born-in then there was a time when you were not a Scientologist. There was a time when someone from Scientology made contact with you and arranged for you to take your first course or your first service with Scientology.

I have to ask you about the person that you were before you got involved in Scientology. Do you like that person? You must have liked them enough to want to try something to improve that person's life. Otherwise you wouldn't be where you are right now in Scientology.

So what was the reason you decided to try Scientology? The person in Scientology who contacted you may have asked you what was ruining your life. You may have looked at promises of improved ability and decided you could use Scientology to improve things for yourself.

The point I'm making here is that at the outset, when you were first contacted by someone in Scientology the entire subject of concern was you. Your situation was the most important thing to the person who contacted you and told you about Scientology. There was something about you that Scientology was going to help fix or improve. The person who contacted you promised you that Scientology could handle that, whatever it was. Recall what it was that you came into Scientology to get handled.
Doris Lessing

Lron's socks

Post by Lron's socks » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 am

Here's what I would say to a lurking Scientologist:
1. The church of Scientology doesn't "own" your eternity.
2. Disagreeing with L Ron Hubbard isn't a criminal act.
3. The most "Scientological" thing a Scientologist can do is think for himself and leave Scientology if he wishes.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:13 am

When you got involved with Scientology it was all about you. It was all about what Scientology would do for you and how it would work to benefit you. You were there to get something about you handled, too. Whether or not there was something specific for you to fix or improve or something you hadn't told anyone about, there was something to do with Scientology that was going to help you.

Now how long have you been involved with Scientology?

If you have been involved in Scientology for any length of time the situation has changed. The thing you got involved so that it could be fixed or improved is most likely considered to be altered importance. If you bring it up as something you are concerned about or something you want you are probably told that it isn't important, or that it's other fish to fry, or looking at pretty stones.

What's important now is what you are going to do to contribute to Scientology's growth and expansion, not what you got involved with Scientology to get fixed or improved. What's ruining your life now isn't what was ruining your life when you came in. What's ruining your life is now defined in terms of disseminating Scientology, in putting an ideal org in place and in preparing your local Scientology organization so that it can deliver to the public. But the public that will be delivered to doesn't include you.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”