Narconon in Swedish schools

Drug rehabilitation or Scientology front?
Crusoe

Narconon in Swedish schools

Post by Crusoe » Thu May 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Greetings,

This is my first post here and I'm happy to see that this is an active forum. :)

Anyway, I'm a teacher in Sweden and for years and years Narconon, through Drogfritt (drogfritt.nu), has been visiting Swedish schools on a daily basis to educate Swedish youth about the dangers of drugs. Their so-called facts are, as you all know, right from Hubbard's writings on the subject and they do their best to get teachers and parents to donate to their cause. In fairness, it's positive that someone is out there raising awareness about drugs, but there are too many negatives in this case, as I'm sure we can agree on (recruitment being the scariest imo).

So lately I've been in contact with my teachers union (one of the two major ones in Sweden)talking to them about the situation and supplying them with all the information and evidence that they could possibly need to see clearly what is going on. While they showed initial interest, nothing has come out of it. I don't know why, but I'd imagine that taking a stance against an organization that is officially recognized as a religion must be problematic and it would be a rather big operation that would likely meet with a lot of $cientology-organized resistance. Nevertheless, Narconon presents false information, which in itself is enough for, in my opinion, a nation-wide ban. Also, if the money trail is investigated I hardly doubt that some or most the donations end up in $cientology outside of their drug awareness program.

This being said, I'm asking for your help and advice as to how I can proceed in this matter. I want all schools in Sweden to be made aware of what's going on, because of those I've spoken to so far, all of them have been shocked to hear that they invited $cientology related propaganda into their classrooms. Fortunately $cientology has a bad reputation among most people, but they have no idea about the many front organizations. The cult is banking on people's ignorance and I think enlightenment is in order.

I'm prepared to start out small but I'm not sure how to begin, through what channels etc.

Thank you!

secretiveoldfag

Re: Narconon in Swedish schools

Post by secretiveoldfag » Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

Thank you! This is a great start.

In the UK there has been reaction against Narconon being preached in schools. There is probably information on WWP (Why We Protest).

I am not an expert but have a look at the relevant threads in ESMB (Ex-Scientologist Message Board) where Mary McConnell in particular IS an expert. There is also Reaching for the Tipping Point which is devoted to anti-Narnonon work.

Recruitment is not the only danger. Medical neglect, a success rate much below the rare with no treatment, possible insurance fraud, unqualified staff. They are up to all the dodges and none of them are good for drug addicts.

Since their public recruitment has dropped to practically zero the cult is pulling out all the stops to propagate its other scams and since it now has such a bad reputation in the US it is spreading its efforts world-wide, mainly among people and in countries where its reputation is unknown and it looks very plausible.

Crusoe

Re: Narconon in Swedish schools

Post by Crusoe » Fri May 31, 2013 10:41 pm

Thank you for your reply, secretiveoldfag!

I'll look into the sources that you mentioned and hopefully find something there.

As for the dangers in general, I'm fairly well-versed in Narconon's exploits and also the attention that it's getting in the States these days. About time...

A while back I noticed that a major Swedish insurance company sponsored summer camps for kids run by an Applied Scholastics division. An email later they didn't - kudos to them. So many are unaware and don't do any research, hence Narconon's (Drogfritt.nu) presence in Swedish schools and David Miscavige awarding the people responsible for the program a couple of years back. http://www.freedom.org.uk/mag/issuea19/page03.htm (Picture 1)

Return to “Narconon Exposed”