One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:34 pm 

Scientologists who do not BELIEVE and practice themselves what they preach ought to be hanged by their toenails!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:39 pm 

I agree with BGirl, this has been a stimulating and good change of pace from the usual discussion. I'd hate to see the OC turn into all flame posts, but a little emotion keeps it from being boring.

I certainly don't take it very seriously, and I always learn something, and that's a good thing! :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud:

How many Nec V20's does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One to give the orders, and six more to translate it into common sense English(if they can at all).

I am a techie, in fact one of the best. Being the best means speaking the obfuscation of the enemy, the (L)users, ID-ten-T's and PEBCAK's
UNQUOTE

What the f**k are you talking about? Save the tech references for a tech forum. We aren't impressed. Read Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions, and pay attention to the term "intellectual horses ass."

You're a legend in your own mind! :proud:

Oh, sh*t, I stirred the pot again! :proud:

Galileo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:00 pm 

Galileo,

Who's "we" luv?

:)

BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:03 pm 

Freebs,

And - "Don't make me have to come up there!" ;)

-- Granny

BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:37 pm 

Jemma,

I had a post to you that went into cyberspace about an hour ago. BHNS! Hope it didn't fall into the lap of....

I hate technology! Because in its grip I am :lame:

You are witnessing a brief blip and a necessary correction in the market. OC has shrunk for some reason (let me guess...) and a lot of the regulars have disappeared themselves, possibly to more interesting climes, hopefully only momentarily.

Happy trails and I hope you don't wait so long to come back again.

BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:12 pm 

As soon as I posted that bit, I KNEW you'd come back with that great line, BG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:31 am 

EBB Said,
If I could go a little further in this direction: I think that many of us who choose to post here follow ARS to some degree or another but don't generally post there because (among other factors) the level of ad hominem attack and general nastiness tends to negate, at a fundamental level, the intellectual brilliance and rhetorical proficiency displayed there. I personally welcome spirited challenges to the ideas I'm presenting here, but I don't particularly wish to engage in a "tit for tat" argument that devolves into personal vindictiveness. And, IMHO, the underlying tone of your posts seems to convey your intent to display your intellectual superiority through gratuitous personal attack on others' perceived inferiority. For these reasons I think I'll refrain from responding to some of your, admittedly, well made points - at least for the moment.

Peace, EBB

BB
Beautifully stated. This expresses my view better than I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:07 am 

Hi BG,

I'm a long term lurker who regularly reads OC and have for several years.

I don't post a great deal because I enjoy not being in the spotlight.

But every now and then someone comes along who makes OC hard to read and I find it really annoying.

Bye the way I love reading your posts. You and Gallileo are my favorites for humour. I also enjoy the ever present and intelligent Don Carlo, Freeborn, I-Loki and the rest that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Keep it up. This message board IS the reason I got out of the cult and continue to STAY out of the cult.

I'm in your debt.

Jemma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:22 am 

PEBCAK was one of the first things that Apollo13 said to me. Seeing it in print has brought back memories of discussions not unlike the one in this thread. I've been wondering when he's going to return to the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:02 pm 

BGirl,

Well, OK: "I aren't impressed."

Happy?

Galileo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 4:33 pm 

Galileo,

I'm happy.

So: You ready to go on stage tonight? I've packed the sound equipment, I've got my cue cards (don't forget yours, now, they're in the upper right-hand drawer of the left-handed file cabinet in the room without a view, upstairs, not the basement, where - I think it was you, or was it me? - left them). What did you do with my - nevermind, found it.

I can't decide what to wear! What're you wearing?? I don't think we should be all that formal looking, do you? Rats, I'm not going to have time to get my hair done, oh I hate being a girl sometimes! Should we color coordinate do you think or is that....no forget it.

No, I've changed my mind, I don't want to go casual. I can't make up my mind, help, should I wear the long black or the short white?

I'm kinda nervous, are you? What if we (okay, I) forget a punchline? I think it might be good to memorize each other's material just in case, nah, that's, anyway there's no time, is there...

Well, I think I'm ready. I'm just at pre-stage fright point. How're you doin?

:proud:
BGirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:15 pm 

Jemma and confused others trying to make sense of this thread,

As the originator of this thread, let me see if I can provide you with a brief synopsis of what it's about and what my intentions were in starting it. The core material ( EBB, parts 6-10) begins by describing a set of personally profound and rationally unexplainable experiences that I had as a small child, as well as a particular type of headache that accompanied them.

I then describe how my one and only auditing experience (the basis of my claim to being a Scn insider) related to my childhood experiences and affected my chronic headaches. I also describe the clear impression I recalled during this auditing session of having been told "Remember, find the others then seek the source" - an apparent message that had no meaning or personal significance to me at the time of the experience.

In parts 10-15 I describe my attempts to reconcile my subjectively undeniable and personally transforming experience in that single auditing session within my framework of understanding (i.e., from within the worldview of a cognitive neuroscientist committed to the scientific method of inquiry) over the last year and a half since that auditing session.

I need to break here, but I'll return to explain further what I'm proposing and why. I'm quite willing to attempt to explain in less formal language any point that I've made that is unclear or confusing to anyone that is interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:35 pm 

Freeborn,

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not making myself clear here, or my understanding of your snake/rabbit metapor is faulty. I'm essentially agreeing with you that a sincere mutual search for "truth" between myself ( or any other independent researcher) and the current CoS is impossible and/or possibly dangerous. What I was trying to differentiate were CoS members as individuals who, I believe, are not the enemy per se. I feel that the ability to let go of strongly held, but rationally untenable, positions, might best be achieved through a less confrontational approach. This is not to say that all the other tactics that are currently being utilized to combat the real abuses, crimes, human rights violations, etc. of the CoS as an organization should not continue to be vigorously pursued. They should - and with as much energy, courage and creativity as we can all muster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:06 pm 

BGirl,

Come as you are......... And improvise.

Let's Rock!

Galileo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:38 pm 

Galileo,

You Really don't want to see me as I AM just Now. Trust me.

It took you so long to get back to me, the show has unfortunately been postponed 'till tomorrow because a) I have been assigned to a post (non-scientological of course) and b) I Still haven't found anything to wear. (You guys are so lucky, "come as you are," indeed. Easy for You to say. Where's that "envy" face...oh, there isn't one, so I can't really show how I feel....)

So, tomorrow, god willing.

Rock on!
BG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next