Gone for good

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

jazz

Gone for good

Post by jazz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Yes, I am out and I have been for a while now.
I will not divulge exact dates for obvious reasons and I might (or I might not) change particulars—like gender or other unimportant details—to keep OSA wondering should they be inclined to investigate.
The story is true. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I was very open minded when it came to esoteric matters of the soul and the universe and things if that nature.
All of the materials I had read and heard spoke a lot about the importance of helping others—things like as long as one person is in a cage nobody is truly free, or getting to heaven on the arm of your brother—that type of thing.
I had read tons of books and had been eagerly trying to advance my spiritual growth as well as seeking out ways to help others.
I was going to book stores weekly and buying new age books like they were going out of style.

Enter Scientology.
A friend gave me a copy of the book Dianetics. As an avid book reader I couldn’t wait to dive in.
I had a difficult time muddling through all of that—what with “groupers” and “bouncers” and whatever—but since my friend was so excited about me reading it, I finished it.
After that I was informed that a Dianetics seminar was being held at the local mission.
I was told that attending would give me a whole new reality of the effectiveness of this powerful “science”—besides, it was free so what did I have to lose?

At this point I found out that my family was less than enthused about my dabbling around in Scientology, but I assured them that I knew what I was doing.
My friend wouldn’t steer me wrong, right?

Ok, so I attend the seminar and personally had less than stellar results, but the person I “audited” was totally blown out and couldn’t stop talking about how great she felt.
I figured there must be something to this and I wanted to find out what I was missing.
I later learned that the girl I audited was “illegal”—taking psychiatric drugs—and was therefore banned from enrolling on course or receiving future auditing.
I didn’t know that at the time as I signed up for the “Success Through Communication Course”.

So it began.
This is getting too long so I will continue on another post.

I'mglib

Re: Gone for good

Post by I'mglib » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 am

Welcome, Jazz. You're story isn't too long at all. Carry on.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

jazz

Post by jazz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Before I could officially “route on” to the STCC I had to watch the film.
I thought it was overly dramatic and a lot like an infomercial that offered hardly any info—just a lot of mercial.

I expressed those thoughts to the lovely registrar who explained that it was designed to impact (“impinge upon”) people who weren’t awake to the fact that Scientology changes lives. Obviously, I had already arrived at that conclusion—she said.

That was the first little red flag that I chose to ignore and I went right ahead and got on course. I still didn’t know exactly what Scientology was but everyone was so enthusiastic about their “wins” and they were so sincere and nice.

I was still bent upon improving myself spiritually and it still seemed to me as if Scientology could help me achieve that—never mind the film.

I was paired up (“twinned”) with a guy who was steeped in Scientology. He shared “wins” he had in his Scientology auditing.

Scientology auditing?

Oh, that was a whole different ball game from Dianetics—very precise, extremely effective and much faster than Dianetics auditing.
He showed me the “Grade Chart” with all the amazing “end phenomena’s” (“EP’s”).
It was exciting—albeit still mysterious—and I was very curious—especially since he had expressed so many gains.

OK, so we start the course.
It was the first time I had ever heard of “training routines” (“TR’s”).
While I found them strange, my “twin” was able to “coach” me through them and actually made them to seem to make sense. We laughed a lot—especially during the “bull baiting”—and because of our rapport the course turned out to be a lot of fun.

When I finished the course I had to “attest” on an e-meter. The “key question” of “would you like others to achieve the gains that you have achieved?” was asked and I responded yes.

The “EP” of the course was supposed to be the ability to comfortably communicate with anyone on any subject. That was a pretty lofty goal and I don’t think the course measured up to that high of a standard but I attested and completed the course.
To be honest, I must confess that I didn’t want to admit that the course wasn’t as potent as advertised.
Also, other people were commenting on how they could notice all these wonderful changes in me from just the first course.
I tried to tell myself that perhaps it was so gradual that I couldn’t appreciate it or something like that.
But really—who was I kidding?

This is getting long again, I will post more a little later…

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm very glad that you're out
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

thrilledinfuriated

Post by thrilledinfuriated » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 am

I am happy you found your breakthrough!

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”