Dating a Scientologist

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

spacecootie

Re: Dating a Scientologist

Post by spacecootie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:44 am

It appears mestentheta is either a troll or a Scilon.

Look at the statement on his/her profile:
I'm probably the only user of this site who can present a fair arguement against scientology. From what I've read so far, this is all just hatred. Give me a sensible arguement and I'll digest it, give me a load of nonsense and I'll show it up for what it is.
Three posts... one on this thread that wasn't active for nine months, and two more on Demented LRH/Demented Source/Demented Whatever's bizarre "how I fooled the e-meter" thread? There's something wrong here.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Here is a load of nonsense -- The NYU scientists have proved that the engrams do not exist. Is there anything wrong with the proof? I do not think so. But I am willing to listen to anyone who says that their proof contains errors.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:48 pm

mestentheta wrote:
WOG3232 wrote:I've been dating a woman for the past 3.5+ years. Sometime after meeting her I discovered that she has been "involved" in Scientology for at least 15 years. I say "involved" because like most things its a bit complicated (I'll explain). She is not in the "Org", but I believe she's about as close as one can get. I've been doing a ton of research on CoS and its many fronts/divisions the past 12 months. You name it I've read it, so I'm not completely ignorant to the "tech" process, TR's, rundowns, course work, tone scales, OT levels, etc. I realize I'm what is known in their circles as a PTS or SP.
So your relationship with her was fine until you realised she was a scientologist, then it all went wrong when you did some research and decided that scientology was evil.
Prior to your reaction, there was no problem. Is that correct?
The problem is with you matey, not her. This is the reason why you would be considered a suppressive person, because you're no longer permitting her her right to be who she wants to be.
From what you've written, neither her nor scientology has done anything wrong to you, but your paranoia has destroyed the relationship.
I am a former Dianetics auditor. I didn't listen to anyone who said that Scientology is wrong, I did plenty of auditing of my friends and then discovered that none of them was cured from high blood pressure, kidney disease, multiple sclerosis, etc.
In book 1 LRH wrote that Dianetics auditing cures all these ailments. This led me to conclusion that Dianetics doesn't work. I had reached this conclusion on my own, without an SP influence.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

KenPatrick

Post by KenPatrick » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:15 am

I have zero experience with Scientologists or Scientology, other than what I've read in the media. I grew up in a traditional Christian household.

I've recently met a guy who I strongly suspect is a Scientologist. If he is not a Scientologist, at a minimum he comes from a Scientologist family. I've hung out with him a few times and have had a good time with him. He seems completely well adjusted and normal from what I can tell.

Although I am definitely interested in him, I am extremely wary of Scientology, or really any religion that practices institutionalized shunning of dissidents, along with many other evils. I honestly would never want to marry a Scientologist or have family members who were Scientologists, if I had a choice. I would absolutely refuse to raise children in Scientology and would prefer a traditional Christian upbringing as I had.

Since I am interested in him, I've already disclosed some private information about myself to him. Last night as I was doing additional research on Scientology, I read about blackmailing and extortion campaigns against non-Scientologist enemies of the church. I am already getting paranoid.

As much as I am interested in this guy, is the only sane option to run in the opposite direction? Obviously, before I did that I would want to verify that he is in fact a Scientologist.

Thanks for any advice. Obviously I'm not an ex-Scientologist, but this seemed like a good place to go to ask for advice.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:55 pm

I would tell him up front that you have read a lot of critical sites and you have strong opinions about the scandals of Scientology. If you are willing to keep it a secret from his relatives, tell him now, too. In the best situation, he may be looking for a way out, and a strong but secret anti-Scientologist partner might help him leave quietly without the rest of his family disconnecting. You might have to act dumb and non-critical around the family, though. It would be okay to say to them, "I'm Catholic (or Jewish or Methodist or even atheist) and Scientology isn't for me, but I accept all religions." In a super great world, the whole family would leave.

If he wants to stay loyal to CoS, your admission will make him disconnect from you. You would see his nice normal act dissolve into hate and disgust. At least you wouldn't have invested years into the relationship.

My relative appeared nice and normal (still does) but was cruel and ungrateful when disconnecting from part of our family.

KenPatrick

Post by KenPatrick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 am

Good to hear from you Don. Oh you are Catholic and it's great that you accept all religions but stay on the religion on what you belief.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:30 am

I'm an atheist now.

KenPatrick

Post by KenPatrick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:16 am

Oh i see...

KenPatrick

Post by KenPatrick » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:55 am

So how do you feel like being an atheist?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:18 pm

I enjoy Pharyngula and other skeptic sites that embrace human rights. I have atheist friends and family members. I'm no longer afraid of dying, either. I appreciate my good fortunate to be free of religion.

thrilledinfuriated

Post by thrilledinfuriated » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 am

Don Carlo wrote:
Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:15 am
She's pretending what she's doing is like taking a communication course at a local community college. This is absurd, since community colleges don't become insatiably demanding of your money, your family, your volunteer time and maybe slave labor for you and your children.
yes, good point on that.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Welcome, thrilledinfuriated.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”