Discussion of Abuses and Punishments in Radical Scientology

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Karen#1

Re: Discussion of Abuses and Punishments in Radical Scientology

Post by Karen#1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 am

Cowboy tells his story of Life with L Ron Hubbard ~~
Cowboy Part 5

There are two ways that Scn stops people from talking. Intimidation. Money.I'm trying to think of a good story, and frankly, one not too specific. Something that represents a normal day in the life of Hubbard.

I guess there really were no normal days. Most days had unique issues that would consume all.

I can remember racing through the place, trying to find who had made a sandwich which he didn't like, that he felt might be poisoned. Trying to find the SP who must be making his food, so that they could be given the boot.

Paranoia, literally, not figuratively, was a fact of life.

Throw someone under the bus, that was the only way out. Name the person responsible for the wrong colored paint, or the poorly prepared dish, or the badly cleaned room.... put a head on the chopping block, for real or imagined offenses.

It was a world that even now is difficult to explain.Many experiences exemplify what Hubbard was. And don't forget, I've said he had good qualities, too.

There is no point of going through stories which to demonstrate examples of what you all know... the rage, etc. I'm impressed with the overall understanding of his personalities (yes, plural) and how those around him operated.

The old man believed that auditing could help, himself and others. He continued to try to elevate himself, and others, spiritually, through the auditing. But the elusive end product couldn't be achieved, not with himself or others.

I don't think many here understand how un-involved he was in the development of tech going back for years. Most materials were other writers coming out over his name.

And the new developments were trying to get pcs the gains they'd been promised in earier levels. The only trouble is, it simply didn't work. Sure, there were gains, but not the life changing OT/clear type phenomenon which was the "bridge".

But no one would admit it. After all, if one expressed disappointment, that their own OT 3 for instance didn't achieve what they'd expected.... well that would mean you the pc were at fault. It sure wasn't the tech. Cause it worked for everyone else, right? Only it didn't. But everyone was afraid to admit it.

I have never met anyone who was an OT or exhibited any OT phenomenon. Come on, really, do you think that anyone, myself or others, who saw true OTness in the flesh would ever leave a situation which might lead to such OTness for oneself? Of course not. That would be crazy. People left for various reasons. I left because the cause I was dedicating my life to simply couldn't be achieved through Scn. It didn't produce the promised product.

Please don't read that to mean there weren't short term simple gains with Scn in many peope. Self introspection often leads to such realizations. Some realizations could even be very significant in one's life. But did they add up to the results promised as one paid their last cent to go up the bridge? No.

Hubbard was human. WIth perhaps a keen insight to the way humans thought. And a writer's imagination. And some ingenious marketing insights. H grew old. He suffered physical infirmities. His senses faltered. His body responded as do all of ours to the process of aging. He had days of insight, and days of blindness when he couldn't figure out anything. He came within the scope of being human. Not OT. Not a god or even shadow of one. And certainly not the result of advanced processing, of what it was sup of posed to be.

But he tried. He felt his assessment of the mind would work. but it didn't. His underpinnings were flawed.
~~~to be continued

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:26 am

The sheer criminality on Paulette Cooper as told by Tony Ortega ~~jogged my memory on the story
of John Nelson.
Note that this was perpetrated at the time of Office of Special Affairs (OSA) circa 1986 with Guardian's office long gone.
In the 1980s there was a commanding officer of Commodore's Messenger Org (CMO) in Los Angeles called John Nelson. He got promoted to INT Base and subsequently was made Commanding Officer of CMO International at INT Base. With
the atrocities sleep deprivation, violence and insanity running rampant, he fled. (blew)
But then he joined David Mayo...and his group in Santa Barbara.
The wrath of David Miscavige was unrestrained, unbridled and uncontrollable.
Miscavige's OSA Int intelligence who hire Private Investigators who hire dirty PIs (cutaways to hide source) went into action.
A hit was ordered. It went from the highest executives in the Cult
of Scientology, to Private Investigator Gene Ingram, to a subsequent dirty PI.
John Nelson was in the Far East, either Hong Kong or Seoul, Korea I forget.
An agent was to plant a significant amount of heroin
in his hotel room. The way it was set up, if caught, John Nelson would get the death penalty.
At the last moment the hired gun bombed. (Because of the death penalty) He was willing
to be dirty but not dirty enough to cause DEATH. The plan got aborted at the
last minute.But take a moment to digest this.
From the most Senior Executive within ~~ a former Sea Org member was to get ambushed and targeted
for set up for death.This, folks is lifting up the curtains to view the
"cherch" of Scientology and its continuous crime wave of 40 years so far not held accountable by law enforcement.

True Story. People with first hand evidence
in touch with me

In the crime syndicate of Scientology ordering a hit or "whack" by set ups and ambush is not unethical.
This is what defines their *ETHICS* (compliments ID Helluva Hoax)

Out-security -noun. 1. In Scientology, the lowest ethics condition, ranking just below Confusion. 2. Any unethical publishing or out-ethics communication (verbal, written & electronic) which immediately threatens the optimum survival of Scientology by making known truths which are calculated to unmock, suppress, impeded and/or destroy a Scientologist's cognitive dissonance. 3. Any attempt to alter or squirrel the Ethics Technology of L. Ron Hubbard by attempting to apply it to Scientology. 4. Publicly or privately disavowing Scientology by refusal to voluntarily participate in its fallacies, felonies and fraud.

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:34 am

Elizabeth Gale has left the Church of Scientology.

Mike Rinder has posted Elizabeth Gale's open letter, "Why I cut ties with my Scientologist mother." Elizabeth's letter and Mike's introduction are both long, well-written, thorough, and compulsory reading. The letter is excerpted only briefly below.

Mike Rinder: Letting Go — Out From “Under The Radar
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/letting- ... the-radar/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Why I Cut Ties With My Scientologist Mother

By Elizabeth Gale

Today I cut ties with my mother, the most dedicated Scientologist I know.

Why did I end our relationship? Because I was raised in the Church of Scientology. I was slated to be a third-generation Scientologist, if I hadn’t grown up and rejected it. I have grown tired of living under the constant emotional fear and threat that Scientology represents in my life. I am tired of the anvil of disconnection hanging over my head, having to tiptoe around my feeling and the ridiculous requirement to pretend Scientology is okay.

Today I ripped off the band-aid that’s been festering my entire life.

[SNIP]

So today I say goodbye to anxiety, the fear, the threat of losing my family. Because I have a true family that I will never abandon, and I will never choose religion or dogma over. What I have given up today is a mother who has learned how to love from the Church of Scientology – a type of love that can be taken away at any moment. A type of love that is contingent upon keeping quiet about Scientology’s abuses. Now that I have been free to learn about other religions and ways of life outside the thought constraints of the church, I know this is not what real love is.

‘Aint nobody got time for that.

So today I say goodbye to the spiritual extortion. I say goodbye to threats, to silencing, to censoring and to ruling with fear. I don’t blame my mother for these things, but she is still playing the Scientology game and I want out.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:38 am

Reading that I feel a lot of ongoing upset still with her and this may not be taken well, but I'm going to do it because it's celebratory and hopefully it will be taken that way.

Elizabeth Gale, you are now out and this is for you.

:dancing7up:
Woot!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Julia Salmen was a dedicated Scientologist who was personal staff of Hubbard throughout the 1950s and much of the 1960s.
In the earlier *Red Volume* some technical bulletins were signed Julia Salmen. Her name was eliminated in later versions. Julia worked 60 hour weeks shadowing Hubbard to care for his needs.

There are briefing course tapes where Hubbard refers to her as Julia.

By the time the Class VIII Course was being given in 1968, Julia was on this new VIII course known as "the first Class VIII course which consisted in the main of daily 2 hour lectures. This is when an auditor error was punished by being thrown overboard.

The designated person had to jump or was hurled two and a half stories down, 30' or 9.2 meters into filthy harbor water sometimes with discharge of ship toilets.

When Hubbard saw the jumpers were not getting jolted enough he ordered their hands and feet tied before the jump and a week after that ordered blindfolds as well.

Each morning, the whole crew was required to be there, standing to attention, while the punishments were carried out.

Julia was in her 60s when it was her turn. Not withstanding that she had been a senior Scientology Executive for decades, she was blindfolded, her hands and feet tied.

She screamed all the way down.

And when the sound stopped Hubbard looked interested for the first time and rushed two deck hands overboard to make sure she was ok and help her back on board.

Had he not, I think Julia may have drowned. She could not swim.
Julia Salmen departed the Apollo the very next day. She was done with all of Scientology. (Some of this story I got from Anne Greig, LRH Personal Librarian at St. Hill whom I lived with for 2 years RIP)

It as error and misconception to believe that Miscavige implemented and was the original *CREATOR* of draconian punishments. I have come to understand that through my own evolution through the entire process..

Image[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Read Chapter 5 of Captive Hearts Captive Minds by Madelaine Tobias and Janja Lalich.
Doris Lessing

chuckbeatty

Post by chuckbeatty » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Thankyou Karen for the photos of Julia Salmon.

Hubbard was so bad on his followers, his closest followers just caught it so bad from Hubbard directly.

So much history to those people's lives needs sharing.

Thankyou so much Karen for outputting this history of those right up close to L. Ron Hubbard.

I wonder how Hubbard would have fared had he chosen to be "overboarded" when he made mistakes of the same level as his followers who with all their good intentions were only trying to keep the show going?

Hubbard failed to dish out his own punishment to himself.

How it goes when you are the boss of a crank subject and everyone has to follow your dictates.

Life of the cult leader, from those that had to suffer the cult leader's "human" side flaws and horrible judgement.

Crank subject followers beware!
Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170
Pittsburgh, USA,
"Our bombastic lapidary style is good only for inflating dwarfs." Jean-Jacques Rousseau (from "Emile, or On Education")

chuckbeatty

Post by chuckbeatty » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Karen,

Do you know if the producer/director people for the "Master" movie with Seymor Hoffman had access to these old photos?

These two of Julia remind me of the scenes in "The Master" movie.
Pittsburgh, USA,
"Our bombastic lapidary style is good only for inflating dwarfs." Jean-Jacques Rousseau (from "Emile, or On Education")

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:19 am

Dear Chuck,

No, "The Master" producers did not get these images. I agree with you that their 1950s scenes seemed so accurate.

chuckbeatty

Post by chuckbeatty » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Karen.

I really appreciate these photos, since Julia's name is all over in the original OEC green hardback administrative volumes.

I think someday a nice big project to go page by page through the old published OEC vols, the ones Deld oversaw being published, and just do a page by page showing of photos of the real Scientologists who are mentioned, policy by policy.

Also, the old Tech Vols same way.

In fact, if some person with that kind of ancestry of Scientologists inclination to put all the photos to all the policies and writings of the movement, that'd be an interesting historical project.

Even if online.

Maybe some nerd Scientology historian will someday do something like that. So that all the historical Scientologist participants who may have made significant contributions are at least photographically acknowledged adjacent to their being mentioned in the writings in the movement's books.

Sort of unforgetting history acknowledgement to them.

Thanks Karen.
Pittsburgh, USA,

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:26 am

Chuck Beatty ~~
You did a good post on Ken Delderfield back in the day on alt religion Scientology and I am re-posting it here.
Poor Ken.
Battered in SP Hole.
Gas lighted and diminished to a shell of a person.
The dark secret place that is "Int Base" is a monstrosity.

++++++++++++++++++++++
chuckbeatty77 @aol.com
9/26/11
Ken Delderfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1mfuyrr ... force_ap=1
05:21 you have to go over it a few times, it’s pretty quick, he’s
walking his style of brisk walk, in the navy polo shirt.

Ken's got a huge Sea Org history.

When I was on the Int RPF, 96-2000, Ken was there from about 99-2000 I
think.

Ken's worked at Author Services, in the Int Exec Strata, he's been on
all sorts of publishing projects, he's the one who got the green
volumes done the first time, and headed the publishing of the red
volumes, and the blue volumes for years.

Ken's done a huge huge amount of work for the movement, and he's lived
all sorts of deprivations, took it all, and he keeps going.

Even though you only get a quick 1 second glimpse of Ken Delderfield
in this whole bus unloading video, to me, that is why these videos of
the staff are so important.

It helps us who think about the history still ongoing, and who are
still on board, some of those long term Sea Org members have done HUGE
amounts of accomplishments in their 40 plus years as Sea Org members,
like Ken Delderfield.

That he's in this blue polo shirt means he's reduced to some sort of
"estates" echelon staff position.

In any case, that man's mind is full of Sea Org history!
Chuck Beatty.

chuckbeatty

Post by chuckbeatty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 am

Great Karen!!!

Ken Delderfield, I would even ask for Ken to be on the Garcia's Arbitrage, if the Garcias or anyone ever has to ask for having some existing Sea Org members to appear on their Comm Ev or justice action.

Ken Delderfield would be a top pick if I were in the Scientology movement today, and I wished to have some existing Sea Org member be on any type of justice action.

He's lived MORE facetime and had more interaction with L. Ron Hubbard, and thus in his mind, he's got a lot of actual L. Ron Hubbard history to compare and use in moments when Ken is judging anything.

A hidden giant, if you ask me, in terms of contributions to Scientology, especially the first editions of the Green Volumes and the Red Volumes.
Pittsburgh, USA,

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

The hideous ABUSIVE conduct of Scientology Inc is being called on the carpet ~~

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/22/leah-r ... ae-series/

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:52 am

This show really showed the Dominant/Submissive nature of the Cult.
"You WILL pick UP the cans !"
Also barring her exit made the point of "Held against Will" that is so extensive in the CULT. In their delusion they believe they are Federal Marshalls and have right of custody of your body and no free passage>
Bridge to Total Freedom Indeed !

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2016 ... 3/95374186

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:27 am

Tory says, "Look at both sides and make up your own mind." The organization and those who are within it do not show their side of things and when they do their spin is not entirely truthful. Ask someone who is still involved, or even just recently away, if they have ever been held against their will by another involved in the organization on the organization's behalf and they would likely say, "no," immediately.

It would be interesting to ask those who have been involved and who are now out of the Scientology organization, not just away from it, if they have ever been held against their will by someone representing the Scientology organization. I have. I think the results compiled in one place would be revealing.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”