How I Fooled the E-meter.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Demented Founder

Re: How I Fooled the E-meter.

Post by Demented Founder » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:33 pm

"If a Scientologist gets bored with the Hubbard crap and leaves the church, can he sell his e-meter to the church?" said Alps.

"I heard that they will pay him something between 10 and 15% of the original price depending on the device's condition. However, they periodically declare old models "invalid", so this may not work," I said.

"The scumbacks know how to make money," said Alps.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:22 pm

"Let's assume that CoS know that someone is producing illegal e-meters. How much effort they will put in finding the manufacturer?" said Alps.

"Not much. According to some critics, 90% of its income are the donations coming from the rich Scientologists. I think that 80% of the CoS income comes from illegal business deals, and 10% comes from the donations. Either way, the sale of e-meters is not a major factor, " I said.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:23 pm

My cousin Fiona is a clinical psychologist. She conducted extensive research of mental illnesses associated with the Scientology cult. She also came to conclusion that LRH was a savant.

I discussed several topics regarding Scientology with Fiona. But until now the e-meter never came up in our dialogs. In the coming days I will present parts of our dialogs about the e-meter.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:50 pm

I asked Fiona to read the beginning of this thread, and said, "Do you know the percentage of people who increase the strength of their grip when they tell a lie?"

Fiona said, "Actually, I do -- there were several studied measuring several parameters such as the perspiration. heart beat rate, strength of the grip, etc., of the people who were not telling the truth to the experimenters. In 40% of the subjects there was no change in the grip, 30% increased the grip, and 30% loosened the grip due to the shaking of the hands."

"This means that at most there is 30% chance that the e-meter is able to determine if a person is lying," I said. "It appears so, " said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:37 pm

"I understand that the e-meter is a source of income for CoS. But is there an additional reason for adopting this ridiculous device?" I said.

"The device makes Scientology look scientific for those who do not have undergraduate and advanced degrees in science, psychology and engineering. We are told from very young age that we live in a technologically advanced society. The e-meter fits nicely into this perception. But an educated person will sooner or later realize that the e-meter is a piece of shit," said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 pm

"In your opinion, was I the only Scientologist who run experiments with an e-meter?" I said.

"I am almost 100% sure that a lot of Scientologists experimented with the e-meter without fully realizing it. But you might be the only active Scientologist who was not afraid to experiment with it openly. However, I am sure that you were not the only active Scientologist who knew how to fool it -- about 10% of Scientologists found out unintentionally how it works," said Fiona.

"That figure, 10%, where does it come from?" I said.

"This is, roughly, the percentage of the population whose IQ level exceeds 170 points. These people are not genios, as some think, but they are smart enough to draw conclusions based on very limited data," said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:27 pm

"My IQ is much higher than 170 (actually, it is 195, the highest possible being 200), as you know. In your opinion, why people with high IQ get involved with Scientology?" I said

"You wanted to be famous, as you told me once, by continuing Hubbard's research in Dianetics. The future fame was an overwhelming desire for you, it made you kind of blind to the obvious Scientology shortcomings. Psychologists call such desire "false motivator". The other Scientologists with uncommonly high IQ might have similar desire to become a prominent person, or they simply want to become rich by opening a Scientology franchise. Indeed, some of them did get rich by doing that," said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:19 pm

"Do people with high IQ move up the OT chart?" I said.

"Those who have enough money do. High IQ is a strong indicator of scientific curiosity. They all reach the OT 3 level. But this is the cut-off point for them -- they immediately realize that the evil Emperor story is pure sci-fi. After that they all leave the cult," said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:34 pm

"Back in 1960s Scientology auditors were using some kind of medication called GLUK in addition to the e-meter to 'improve' the auditing. What was that?" I said.

"No one knows for sure what it was. But the FDA banned it as an untested medication," said Fiona.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:58 am

“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Thanks, Wieber!! I was looking for this information for some time; I need it for my book about CoS

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:22 pm

"The auditors use the e-meter to determine if a person is a Clear. At the same time the y see that he still wears glasses, has skin rash, cannot walk straight, etc. How do they explain these contradictions to themselves?" I said

"Almost all old auditors have left the cult because of these contradictions. But then Hubbard changed the definition of Clear, so now the e-meter readings are the only factor in determining who has been cleared. Therefore, there is no contradiction, everything is in a perfect harmony," said Fiona.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 pm

"What about the PCs who were declared Clear but still have psychosomatic illnesses?" I said.

"Practically all of them have left the cult," said Fiona.

"But who have stayed then?" I said

"Those healthy folk who do not need to become Clear on the first place. They think that Dianetics auditing had improved their intellect because their test scores have improved. Unfortunately, they do not know that you're not supposed to take a test more than once," said Fiona.

"I knew that. But it didn't matter to me because I was looking for a fame, not for higher IQ or something like that," I said.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Demented Founder wrote:"What about the PCs who were declared Clear but still have psychosomatic illnesses?" I said.

"Those healthy folk who do not need to become Clear on the first place. They think that Dianetics auditing have improved their intellect because their test scores have improved. Unfortunately, they do not know that you're not supposed to take a test more than once," said Fiona.

"I knew that. But it didn't matter to me because I was looking for a fame, not for higher IQ or something like that," I said.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Demented Founder wrote:
Demented Founder wrote:"What about the PCs who were declared Clear but still have psychosomatic illnesses?" I said.

"Those healthy folk who do not need to become Clear on the first place. They think that Dianetics auditing has improved their intellect because their test scores have improved. Unfortunately, they do not know that you're not supposed to take a test more than once," said Fiona.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”