What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Demented Founder

Re: What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:24 pm

There are several photos of LRH wearing pilot jackets. These types of jackets are no longer available in stores.

But there is a type of bomber jacket that is currently in style, it is modeled after a World War II type. Bib used Photoshop to dress LRH in a bomber jacket.

In a series of emails Bob was offering "LRH pilot jackets" to the public Scientologists. This was a case of successful celebrity marketing.

Suddenly "LRH pilot jackets" became a coveted item.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:25 pm

There are several photos of LRH wearing cowboy shirts and bolos, which gave Bob an opportunity to advertise these items; he found exactly the same kinds of items in the local stores. Public Scientologists loved this stuff.

But, for some reason, the sale of LRH coats was poor. Bob suspected that the customers didn't like tasteless coats.

On several photos LRH was wearing so-called John Lennon glasses; they also became a hot item.

The sales of LRH gloves were also brisk.

The LRH hats had a mixed sales record -- some types were popular, while the others were completely ignored.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Bob was also selling "personal LRH items." This could be a tricky thing -- first of all, you shouldn't sell too many items of a same kind: it might look fishy. Then you need to justify to the public Scientologists why would the cult sell this stuff.

Bob manufactured an HCOB "written by LRH shortly before his so-called departure". In it the Founder wrote that "some public Scientologists did a great job in promoting Scientology. But they do not have enough money to go OT. I composed the list of my personal items that will be sold shortly after I stop occupying the body known as L. Ron Hubbard. The proceeds from these sales will be used to pay for the OT auditing of the individuals selected by me."

Bob sold 3 LRH typewriters for the total price of $20,000; 2 LRH boats for the total price of 3$37,000; 11 LRH shirts for $8,500; and a lot of other "LRH stuff".

He also sold his great-grandfather's 1957 Cadillac as an "LRH car" to a rich Scientologist for 150K (the car is considered a collector item besides being owned by LRH). Bob's great-grandfather was at a nursing home, so he didn't care about the loss of his old car.

All Bob's "certificates of sale" were "signed" by Miscavige.

ArnieLerma

Post by ArnieLerma » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:15 am

This is what I would say after 25 years of thoughtful research,
This is my best shot today:

ImageHubbard was a science fiction writer.

He was a good story teller. Good stories place you into trance, where you have to read the next page...

SHOCK & AWE

Heavy emotional content tends to stop thinking. When you stop considering, thinking about, imagining... the information you are being fed, you have stopped thinking. The emotional content, - in Dianetics Hubbard used coathanger abortions, electro-convulsive shock treatment (ECT), as the thought stopping device, and then told you that that you had a reactive mind, in great detail, repetitively.

When you stop thinking the door to your subconscious is left unguarded.

Dr George Estabrooks, psychologist for OSS in 1943, said:

"Anything said to a hypnotized subject is true for them"

Regards
Arnie Lerma

PS: Think about this for a while, ok?
I's prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON since 1993
arnielerma.wordpress.com

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:39 pm

ArnieLerma wrote:This is what I would say after 25 years of thoughtful research,

He was a good story teller. Good stories place you into trance, where you have to read the next page...

SHOCK & AWE

Heavy emotional content tends to stop thinking. When you stop considering, thinking about, imagining... the information you are being fed, you have stopped thinking. The emotional content, - in Dianetics Hubbard used coathanger abortions, electro-convulsive shock treatment (ECT), as the thought stopping device, and then told you that that you had a reactive mind, in great detail, repetitively.

Regards
Arnie Lerma

"Number of times over equals certainty." (May not be an exact quote but close enough.)
L. Ron Hubbard
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:40 pm

ArnieLerma wrote:This is what I would say after 25 years of thoughtful research,

SHOCK & AWE

Regards
Arnie Lerma

It won't put me in a trance or spellbind me because I hate the fantasy genre no matter who the writer is. Everything depends on personal tastes.
I like sci-fi stories with a religious bend and mysteries.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:49 pm

The year of 2007 marked the beginning of decline of Bob's Scientology revenue. People were leaving the cult due to bad publicity; very few new culties were joining CoS. Finally things got so bad that on April 1, 2016 (fools' day) Bob sold the last copy of A History of Man, and the last LRH bomber jacket.

However, one item withheld the test of time, it was the Sea Org Diet (rice-and-beans). Actually, the sales increased ten-fold, and in 2013 Bob begun buying the product at a wholesale price. Apparently, ex-Scientologists were recommending the product to their WOG friends.

Now things are going so well that recently Bob hired a person whose sole responsibility is to ship rice-and-beans cans to the customers.

In 2004 Bob found a way to sell LRH books to the WOG customers. Of course, they were not interested in Scientology crap -- they were fond of Hubbard's fantasy books.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:29 pm

IN 2002 Bob hacked Amazon.com and pulled out the data about customers who bought LRH fantasy books from Amazon database. Initially he wanted to offer them other LRH fantasy books, but then changed his plan and designed a successful advertisement campaign of LRH fiction books.

The easiest way to make money in this case is to offer new LRH fantasy books to the people who bought some of his fantasy books. But this is not a very successful advertising campaign to come up with. Fortunately, Bob learned nuts and bots of successful ad campaigns in his marketing classes. The approach that he chose requires a lot of work during a prolong market research.

TO BE CONTINUED

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Demented Founder wrote:IN 2002 Bob hacked Amazon.com and pulled out the data about customers who bought LRH fantasy books from Amazon database. Initially he wanted to offer them other LRH fantasy books, but then changed his plan and designed a successful advertisement campaign of LRH fiction books.

The easiest way to make money in this case is to offer new LRH fantasy books to the people who already bought some of his fantasy books. But this is not a very successful advertising campaign to come up with. Fortunately, Bob learned nuts and bots of successful ad campaigns in his marketing classes. The approach that he chose requires a lot of work during a prolong market research.

TO BE CONTINUED

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Successful marketing campaigns are based on customer surveys. There is a big problem with the surveys, though -- very few customers find time to answer a survey questions.

As the first step, Bob identified people who liked LRH fantasy books and who, at the same time, were Scientologists. After that he sent e-mails to these people asking them to answer the survey questions. "It is very important for our church to promote the Founder's non-Scientology books," Bob wrote in those e-mails.

Almost all Scientologists answered the survey questions giving Bob an excellent opportunity to design very successful advertising campaigns.

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 pm

A moderately successful writer has between 50,000 and 200,000 followers who buy his books.

In roughly 3 years Bob was able to identify about 86,000 LRH followers who were buying LRH fantasy books from Bob & Nephew (this is not the real company name, although it is somewhat familiar to the real one).

"Sooner or later you will run out of LRH fantasy novels. What will you do after that?" I said.

"Hubbard is a unique writer, he can do things that no one else can do. In fact, he is the only writer who can write after his death," said Bob.

"How many books did he write after the death?" I said.

"So far just one. But more will be coming," said Bob

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:55 pm

"Why did you choose LRH only as your cash cow? What about the other writers?" I said.

Bob said, "The other books are not suitable for this type of scam. A bestseller stays on a bestseller list for 6 months at most, during this time it appears as a hardcover, its cost is between $35 and $60 for a book. Then it is published in softcover, usually its price falls below 410. It makes no sense to sell it for even lower price.
But Hubbard fantasy books never change their price, the average cost of their softcover version is about $35.
But I sell hardcover versions of them for an average price of $25, which makes them a hot item."

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:27 pm

"What about selling Hubbard videotapes?" I said

"Indeed, I tried to sell them for 2/3 of the CoS price. But my clients informed me that they are getting the tapes for 1/2 of the original price. Apparently, there was another crook in the town," said Bob.

"What about golden OT pins?" I said

"They require an OT certificate for that, so I was not going to sell them. Then one day I received an email saying that I can buy golden OT pins and give them to my OT friends as a gift. Yes, they mentioned that no OT certificate is needed for a sale. They also wrote that those are 22 Karat gold pins. I bought one pin and took it to my jeweler friend. Turned out, it was real 22 Karate gold. Then I bought 50 more pins as an investment. CoS golden pins are made out of 14 Karate gold, which is a very bad investment. But 22 Karate gold things could be very profitable, " said Bob

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

"Do you think that CoS leaders were infirmed about the illegal OT pins sales?" I said

Bob said, " I do not think so. I mean, there would be plenty of KRs if the crooks were selling 14 karate golden pins. Now, let's say you want to buy a high quality gold. In almost all American cities you can buy 18 karat gold at any jewelry store. Unfortunately, for the reason that I do not know, you can't buy 20 karat gold or higher degree gold at a jewelry store.

You can buy 26 karate gold, which is pure gold, overseas if you go online. But you might be buying piece of shit as well.

In the USA only two stores, Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue, sell every kind of gold. But both stores are located in NYC, and they do not sell gold online.

The crooks had a very smart return policy -- you could buy one OT pin from them and, if don't like it, ask for a refund within 30 days. They give you plenty of time to take your pin to a jeweler and check the quality of its gold. Once you get a confirmation from a jeweler, you are in position to buy more pins and make excellent investment.

No one wants to kill the goose that lays golden eggs, literally."

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Bob tried to earn money by asking Scientologists to donate money towards the building of Ideal Orgs, but was unsuccessful -- in 3 years he managed to raise less than $2,500.

"What was the most difficult part of raising the money?" I said.

"lack of personal contact," said Bob.

To investigate the matter, Bob donated $50 to an official Ideal Org campaign. Two days later two Sea Org members,, a man and a woman, came knocking on his door.

"They were very aggressive, they wanted to know how much money I have on my banking accounts," said Bob

"What did you tell them?" I said.

"I told them that my money is my business, but I can donate them $1,000 if they are willing to accept money from a company under criminal investigation. "What kind of investigation?" said the Sea Org woman. "Money laundering," I said. "Let us know the results of investigation when it is over," said the Sea Org man. They left and never came back. Apparently, Sea Org is not interested in the money that come from companies involved in drug trafficking," said Bob

Return to “Opinions & Debate”