A trip to Hubbard Life Exhibit circa 1980s

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
AngryGayPope

A trip to Hubbard Life Exhibit circa 1980s

Post by AngryGayPope » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 pm

A commenter named Lannie Mozzer at my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/theendofscientology left this funny message about her trip to Scientollywood Blvd. in the 1980s.

Here's my story. This happened sometime in the 80's I think. I was walking down Hollywood Blvd when I got to the point that I really needed a bathroom. I found myself in front of the building in this video. I decided to just go in and ask if I could use their bathroom. When I got inside they said if I wanted to use the bathroom, I would have to take the tour. They charged me two dollars for the tour and locked the door behind me. When I asked why they locked the door, they gave me some nonsense about security. At this point in my life I had some experience working in museums and this was the first time I saw anyone lock the customers inside the museum. I started the tour with a group of people who had come in about the same time as me. During the tour, I did not see anything in there worth stealing so it seemed very odd that they thought they had to lock the door. They were locking people in, not trying to keep thieves out.

What I found in there was a museum totally devoted to L. Ron Hubbard. ("Strange," I think now. "The Eric Carle Museum is not totally devoted to Eric Carle."). A starry eyed woman led the tour. I can't remember much of what she said, but I do remember that at one point her eyes grew wide as she talked about Hubbard's visit to the steppes of Russia. She said he had met thieves there, and I thought I was going to hear about some incredible revelation he had had. She said, "Do you know what he found out? He found out they had families to support, too." I was flabbergasted. "Did L. Ron Hubbard really have to go all the way to Russia to figure that out?" i asked myself. What the heck was wrong with him?

Eventually, the tour ended and we all filed out to the lobby. We were given forms to fill out. Having learned from a previous experience with Scientology that giving them my contact information would not be a good idea, I pretended to fill out the form and then left with the rest of the people as though I was part of that group when they unlocked the door.

And yes, they did let me use the bathroom. I seem to recall that there was toilet paper.

AngryGayPope

Re: A trip to Hubbard Life Exhibit circa 1980s

Post by AngryGayPope » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:59 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 pm
A commenter named Lannie Mozzer at my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/theendofscientology left this funny message about her trip to Scientollywood Blvd. in the 1980s.

Here's my story. This happened sometime in the 80's I think. I was walking down Hollywood Blvd when I got to the point that I really needed a bathroom. I found myself in front of the building in this video. I decided to just go in and ask if I could use their bathroom. When I got inside they said if I wanted to use the bathroom, I would have to take the tour. They charged me two dollars for the tour and locked the door behind me. When I asked why they locked the door, they gave me some nonsense about security. At this point in my life I had some experience working in museums and this was the first time I saw anyone lock the customers inside the museum. I started the tour with a group of people who had come in about the same time as me. During the tour, I did not see anything in there worth stealing so it seemed very odd that they thought they had to lock the door. They were locking people in, not trying to keep thieves out.

What I found in there was a museum totally devoted to L. Ron Hubbard. ("Strange," I think now. "The Eric Carle Museum is not totally devoted to Eric Carle."). A starry eyed woman led the tour. I can't remember much of what she said, but I do remember that at one point her eyes grew wide as she talked about Hubbard's visit to the steppes of Russia. She said he had met thieves there, and I thought I was going to hear about some incredible revelation he had had. She said, "Do you know what he found out? He found out they had families to support, too." I was flabbergasted. "Did L. Ron Hubbard really have to go all the way to Russia to figure that out?" i asked myself. What the heck was wrong with him?

Eventually, the tour ended and we all filed out to the lobby. We were given forms to fill out. Having learned from a previous experience with Scientology that giving them my contact information would not be a good idea, I pretended to fill out the form and then left with the rest of the people as though I was part of that group when they unlocked the door.

And yes, they did let me use the bathroom. I seem to recall that there was toilet paper.

Wieber

Re: A trip to Hubbard Life Exhibit circa 1980s

Post by Wieber » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 pm

In the mid 70s the Sea Org had a mission come to the org I worked in to tell us about L. Ron Hubbard. The experience was very much reminiscent of a kindergarten presentation. We gathered round while two more starry eyed Sea Org women told us about Ron. They spoke in astonished voices. The first thing they said was, "L. Ron Hubbard is a member of the National Geographic Society." Then they passed around his membership certificate (or perhaps it was a reasonable facsimile.) I didn't say anything, because you learn, you know, but at that time the way you got membership in the National Geographic Society was to subscribe to the magazine. Having read Nancy Many's book I now think they might have been there as part of the 'Messiah Project.' I don't know much about it but the Messiah Project has to do with getting the world population to regard L. Ron Hubbard with the same awe Jesus Christ gets.

Good luck with that.

"It is to laugh." Bugs Bunny
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”