Xemnu of the Magic Planet

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:08 pm

Staff don't work on OTIII stuff. It's audited SOLO.

I have no idols and, in fact, often criticize Hubbard.

There. That clears all that up.

~atheist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ~atheist » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:13 pm

If there was a graphic novel created about how LRH put together his religion. And it did well in publication then for the live action movie created from the novel. Who should play LRH.
Conan O'Brian is an natural choice for his looks.
But I believe that Carrot Top would be more actuate.

don_carlo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by don_carlo » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:28 am

For the 29-ish Hubbard, Tom Green excels at acting the dissolute manic-depressive. Makeup artists could glue on some jowls, pot-belly, sagging flesh, and bad teeth so Tom could play the older Hubbard.

Tom Green pix

songbird

Post by songbird » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:48 am

Don Carlo,
Re your post of 05:42 p.m: This isn't the first time that you've posted extensive information in reply to a statement of Fluffy's and she simply hasn't answered you. She may not find what you post to be worth a reply, but I'd like for you to know that it's always interesting to me. Thanks.

Fluffy: "I've often felt the Xenu story could be an allegory of some sort. Doesn't matter much to me, however. It's just not something to worry about."

This is a repeat, too. Translation: I don't care whether Hubbard's tech is being used to harm others, so long as I'm getting what I want.

olska

Post by olska » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:57 am

I love Conan O'Brien and he'd make a great Hubbard in film!

songbird

Post by songbird » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:22 am

I tried to edit, but too late. The final paragraph of my last post should have read:

This is a repeat, too. Translation: I don't care whether Hubbard's tech is being used to harm others, so long as I'm getting what I want. I will overlook whatever I must and revise whatever I must in order to keep believing.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:03 am

Glad I don't know anybody who feels like that.

I myself speak out about the church and Hubbard himself as often as possible.

songbird

Post by songbird » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:04 am

I'm with you on Conan O'Brien to play Hubbard.
Who would play Miscaviage?
Who would play David Mayo?

Obvious choice for the BTs: Robin Williams. He could play all of 'em at once. :)

songbird

Post by songbird » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:29 am

Fluffy,
Fair enough. Just letting you know how it looks from where I sit. Sometimes other people's feedback on how they perceive my actions helps me understand myself better. Maybe that is true for you, too. Or not.

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:27 pm

Thanks for that long post Don_Carlo, your comments on that thread are always a treat to read, - very lucid and compelling. I, too, would like to say how much I appreciate all the work you do here, and I agree with Songbird.

I've found an absence of empathy in the face of our personal, painful experiences with scientology from "cafeteria" scientologists, with the exception of Lucy.

And I know you've been there, hurting, Don_Carlo, while supporting this board. I've read your posts for a long time now. So thanks again.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:09 am

Hi, Songbird,

Thanks. I hope and I do tend to think we're more or less on the same page now.

Having said that, I'd like to share one of my pet peeves with you. It's NOT ANY reflection on you at all, it's just that it comes to mind now and seems somewhat apropos.

You know I post to ars, right? And have done for quite some time now. Ok. Well, when I first started, and, oh maybe for a couple years after that, when I was still in the church and posting, some folks- actually, I think, a fair number of them used to say they didn't care what I believed, but they did have a problem with me being a member of and financially supporting CofS, because of the stuff it does, etc.
Not one single person indicated that it was a matter of my beliefs and ideas.

So here I am. Criticizing CofS and Hubbard, too, on many occasions. And, every now and again, not always, sure, but far from being rare, I get people becoming rather angry with me for saying I have any use for any idea in Scn. Now, I have been expelled by the church. I have been declared suppressive. The church has, in effect, forbidden its members from associating with me. So if anyone wants to do so, they have to hide it.
I have also, on at least two occasions, been the target of a couple (albeit mild but still invasive and unethical) OSA tricks.

Then, in December, I decided to avail myself of FZ services and, after I got back from doing so, I immediately came out to a.r.s. about being a FreeZoner of sorts, because that's the way I do things. I let people know right upfront what my affiliations and stance are and what they are not. I have always either posted under my own name or let it be known that the nick belongs to Claire Swazey.

So another reason for the church to dislike me. I'm a "squirrel".

Etc.

So what's the point? Is the other shoe going to drop in this long rant?

Yes.

Notwithstanding all this, notwithstanding the fact that not one single critic- and I talked to and exchanged posts with MANY- said that their problem was my beliefs and ideas. It was only the money, uplines, criminal cult thing- and yet I have been, every now and again, on the receiving end of rage, slander, innuendo, etc, because I still am a Scn'ist (albeit an indie Scn'ist) and because I say so on public forums.

And, yes, I do. And on the same forums I indicate my opinions of the criminal actions that often take place in the Sea Org, of things I experienced, of things that horrify me (The Woodcraft family's stories and the culling of pc folders being but two of those) of the fact that I think Hubbard screwed up in many areas.

So I have a substantive disagreement with the fact that some people have a real problem with my being an indie Scientologist and I find that this means that some people weren't being too truthful with me back when I was in the church and they indicated they didn't care what I believed, it was just the membership in the church they had a problem with and my implied or express support for the criminal practices, etc.

Well, these two factors are no longer extant and this means that I think certain (occasional) commentary is both misrepresentation and misleading.

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:40 am

I'm not aiming the CoS-is-bad speeches at you, Fluffygirl, but I can see how it sometimes looks that way. Sometimes your mild and reasonable responses give me an idea and I jump on a soapbox. Don't take it as a personal attack - it's Miscavige et al that I'm REALLY criticizing.

I know you aren't part of CoS. You and other Freezoners have contributed to a lot of good dialogue here.

squirrel

Post by squirrel » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:39 pm

I kinda like squirrels! :proud:

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:01 pm

Well...... G-boy....... you would. :)

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:46 pm

Chitter, chitter! (Fluffy-squirrel)

Return to “Opinions & Debate”