One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Sunderland
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:27 pm 

Does anyone have any news about this "org" - it had about 5 staff the last time I was there. (which was a long time go)

Chris Rea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:31 am 

edited

Last edited by Koolio on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:01 pm 

removed

Last edited by mickwenlock on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:35 pm 

I posted this in OPINIONS and DEBATES but I thought it has relevence for here too.
I was in the area of the Sunderland, UK Org today so I thought I'd have a look as per Tory/Magoo's thread.
The time was about 2pm UK time and the street outside busy with shoppers.
Outside was a white sandwich board stating "Free Stress Test" a tiny litte triangle below. Nobody was taking a blind bit of notice and there was not anyone outside the building. In years gone by you couldn't walk past the building on a Saturday without being stoped. They even had tables postioned outside at times until complaints to the council stopped it.

The reception is just through some clear glass doors and is visable from the outside. Nobody on Reception, which I thought a little suprising so I hung around opposite for about 5 minutes to see if anyone would appear. Nobody did and I went to my appointment. On the way back I walked past again, still nobody at reception or visable anywhere in the front of the building.
So Scientology is expanding Mike Rinder, bigger than its ever been? Not in Sunderland it isn't. They can't even find a body to cover reception on a Saturday afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:02 pm 

These are great news to hear and hopefully this is the trend across the
board, not just in Sunderland. I guess that London will win the birthday game this year just by "convincing" a couple of new people to "find out at your own expenses" ( or find out for yourself as they prefer to call it ), and preventing existing members from leaving, as opposed to the other orgs failing to do even that.

I can already hear the official speeches during the cerimony about:
" London setting new higher standards in a new era of unprecedented expansion . . . " and all the usual BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:23 pm 

edited

Last edited by Koolio on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 pm 

Soltan wrote:
Sunderland News:

1 Full-time staff member.

3 Part-time staff members.

Courses only run on nights and weekends, as there is no day-time sup.

Wow this place has fallen apart. It was never a great org - it should have stayed as a group or mission

Quote:
It is moving to Newcastle soon, as everyone in Sunderland knows about the cult and the stress tests are just ignored. Stress test stands are set up along Newcastle Quayside on Sundays.

It's moving to Newcastle? The whole org or just it's testing stuff? It makes sense in terms of population

Quote:
The VM tent and van was stolen by car theives! Twice! :lol:

sounds like Sunderland to me..

Quote:
No auditing being done. At all.

10 books sold per week. No one comes in.

There hasn't been a Div 6 course completetion in years, nor has there been a div 6 public progressing onto a div 4 service in 6 years.

No new Clear has been made at Sunderland since 1987.

No new auditors have started training since 1998.

Yea ... Scientology is really EXPANDING. *

*NB: Slight saracasm.

Nothing really surprising about that - there is hardly a "field" in Sunderland - if Mick and Val has been left alone and encouraged it might be quite different now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:52 am 

In can verify that the comments re Sunderland Org are true.
We have recently had some FZers start services in the Newcastle Sunderland area. Those local have not been able to recieve auditing for many years from the Org

The local FZ, a few weeks old is now delivering auditing, and book 1 seminars with auditing. More later. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:26 pm 

Thanks for the info Soltan.
I didn't know about the Quayside Market - I don't frequent Newcastle to often.
I took some pitctures of the Sunderland Org the other day and will upload them when I can figure out how :oops: .
The building (from the outside) looks really rundown and dirty. The windows are desperate for a clean and paint.
Its good news for Sunderland if they are moving out. I'm sure CO$ will put a positive spin on it when they do.
I read elsewhere on the internet that there is a Scn group in Jesmond Dene area. Is that Scn or is that a freezone group? (Not that I am intersted, just curious as to where they might relocate to. In Sunderland they had perfect positioning :- Main High Street, sandwiched between an Estate Agents and a Bank and they couldn't be any closer to the cash point if the tried. :roll:
Soltan, you mentioned a few members of staff at Sunderland- do you remember or know a french girl who worked in the Org about 2000 or 2001 called Christine, she was in the Sea Org.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:38 pm 

edited

Last edited by Koolio on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:11 pm 

Thanks Soltan for the quick reply and the information.
Yes, Christine was a really lovely person, I hope she's well too. She lived in a shared house with some good friends of mine and while I did not know her very well, I (as well as others in the house) worried about her welfare.
Your right about Newcastle, real fresh meat (for a while at least). But I am sure something can be done about that, to at the least raise the awareness -ness of Geordies.
THe proposed ocation in Newcastle (old Eldon square green area) is a bit worrisome - given the amount of young people who frequent that area. Scn has done their research well in that regard.

Quote:
If you upload the pictures, make sure you take pics of the bird sh*t on the walls. Really upstat)

Yes, I made a point of getting that up close!
Quote:
Keep fighting the good fight!

I certainly intend to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:15 pm 

Announcement from Flag Galactic, Inter-Stellar, World Wide, Continental, etc. etc. All Seeing Command - Office for the Complication of Simple Affairs - Official Bulletin ( kind of ) :wink:

9th of March in the year of our Lard, AD 56 . . . and counting.

" Our powerful team of beings cause over Matter, Energy, Space,
part Time and full Time, armed with overwhelmingly superior TECH,
unbendable will, unstoppable postulates and a significant supply of rice and beans, allocated to clear the earth location know as Sunderland and the surrounding area, from all traces of aberration and any psychiatry influence, having successfully wiped out any trace of aberration and removed any source of suppression and comprehensively defeated all enemy activities in general against our glorious church, has now been redeployed to the earth location known as Newcastle in order to carry out the same successful mission over there.
Due to the delicate nature and importance of the task, all activities will be carried out, like in Sunderland, in the form of covert activity ( i.e. nobody will notice that they are there ) until it will be too late for all the SPs.
We wish our glorious team the greatest success in their fight for humanity's future and all the endless billions of trillions of years etc. etc. etc. "

SPs BEWARE !!!!

May Our Lard Ron bless them with unending success !

Flag Galactic, Interstellar Command !