Article about Google mentiones xenu.net

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

admin
Site Admin

Article about Google mentiones xenu.net

Postby admin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:21 pm

So silly cult, you thought it was a good idea to contact my managers and try to get me fired? You never learn, do you?

The biggest business newspaper in Norway (http://www.dn.no) has an 7 page article today on Google titled "Business by the book". It's about the power of Goggle and features Operation Clambake and what happened back in 2002. Page 3 of the article has an almost full page picture of me and this is a translation of where it mentions OC:

When Google use the power

On March 20th 2002 a website was suddenly impossible to find on Google which before came up first when you searched on the word "scientology". It was the website of Norwegian Andreas Heldal-Lund in Stavanger. The website - xenu.net - was critical to the disputed Church of Scientology - the church that has science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard as guru and leader.

The Church of Scientology demanded that Google stopped his website and claimed the content on it belonged to them. Google gave easily in and accepted the censorship.

- Google didn't even notify me when they removed my web site, says Andreas Heldal-Lund today. At the same time his site was fully searchable through other search engines.

The name of the website Xenu.net is not without reason. One of the doctrines of Hubbard is that a so called overlord names Xenu 75 million years ago froze down people from other parts of our galaxy and transported them to Earth. This was how they solved the problem with overpopulation for other parts of the universe, according to Hubbard & Co.

But the removal of Heldal-Lund's site from Google did not pass unnoticed. The church has always had a high media profile - with superstars like Tom Cruise and John Travolta among their members. Soon American newspapers started writing about Scientology's and Google's censorship of the Norwegian website. The noise became so unpleasant that Google was forced to retreat.

- Google reopened almost all of my pages, says Heldal-Lund. At the same time the company also published all complaints from the Church of Scientology.

- My case was solved, but only because the world media helped. A small organization who gets no public attention will get run over. Google might have censored more web sites without us knowing. We need a watchdog to defend freedom of speech on the Internet, says Andreas Heldal-Lund.

In the picture with large letters: "Google didn't even notify me when they removed my website. Andreas Heldal-Lund". Under the image they have wrongfully added that I am a former member.

This is a _very_ popular Saturday newspaper and must be killing CoS that all these business people now will read about Xenu.

Another nice foot bullet. Thank you!
Last edited by admin on Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
- Life is not a test.

Ladybird

Postby Ladybird » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:33 pm

Fantastic Andreas! Takk!!! Ladybird

lucy skywalker

Postby lucy skywalker » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:36 pm

Thanks Andreas for all you do!!!

lucy

kathyscats

Postby kathyscats » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:57 pm

Brilliant! I believe eventually the Co$ will implode upon itself. And I believe that time is coming soon.
Kathy

Desert Rain

Postby Desert Rain » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Thank You!

Prufrock

Postby Prufrock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:28 pm

Nice job! Keep up the good fight.

D-Rad

Postby D-Rad » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:06 pm

Right on!!! Good job Andreas :woohoo!:
"Please let me point out to any new people that
one of the Targets of OSA is to:

1) DISTRACT anyone OFF of the topic of
Scientology onto ~anything~ else at all. "
- Magoo

Freedom from religion: www.deism.com

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:18 am

Yeah - congratulatons!!

What a big change in the media reports over the years:

Now almost every article mentions the Xenu story and this BS is exposed wherever you read about Co$!
Glamour & Radar Mags also described it broadly.

kepp up the site and you work, Andreas!

James

Joyfun

Postby Joyfun » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Great!!! Keep so!

Return to “Media Reports”