SP Declare on Dorthe Mai

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
admin
Site Admin

SP Declare on Dorthe Mai

Postby admin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:16 pm

This one is interesting:

I can't remember seing someone being declared for asking for their money back. Dorthe Mai did actually get her money back (!) and all she threatened with was that if she didn't she would go to a lawyer for help.

Salute to Dorthe!
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
- Life is not a test.

almondjoy

Postby almondjoy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:56 pm

Next they'll be declaring people for leaving the toilet seat up.
Acronym for L.Ron Hubbard: Science-Fiction Author That Achieved Notoriety = SATAN

mr_bad

Postby mr_bad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:01 pm

And they should start declaring for people for leaving the toilet seats up. Those bastards are evil!!! :wink:
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

MissDorfl

Postby MissDorfl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:20 pm

almondjoy wrote:Next they'll be declaring people for leaving the toilet seat up.

I suppose they will be safe, as Hubbo didn't write an HCOPL on it (I think). He did write an HCOPL on "car washing", however, IIRC.

But the declare figures, doesn't it? CoS doesn't deliver what they promised to deliver, the disgruntled member wants her money back, and all CoS comes up with is declaring her an SP.

Although, come to think of it, she is an archSP. Not only won't she probably fork over any more money, she even wants her money back.

And she got it back. Good for her! :lol:
I can’t imagine I’m the only one thinking clearly about this. Sometimes I think I’m taking crazy pills.
- Phil Plait

barky

Postby barky » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:05 am

Wow, I think Scn is losing their touch. I've seen declares written on innocent people that were 12 or 13 bullet points long!!! Someone has to go back to cramming on how to drum up false charges...

Barky

Desert Rain

Postby Desert Rain » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:15 am

I think its meant to intimidate other Scientologist still in about asking for their money back.
They have broadened their definition of what can constitute being an SP.
They have probably been hit quite a bit for refunds this last year. :)

I'm glad she is out and got her money back.
ImageDesert Rain
The Two Most Powerful Weapons Against Fear are Love and Truth.
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/
http://www.lermanet.com
http://www.enturbulation.org

lovin it

come to her senses

Postby lovin it » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:25 am

i like the way the s.p declare says "come back to her senses"..she did come back,she relized it was all bullshit and asked for her money back.
go figure!
lovin it.

justaddness

Postby justaddness » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:42 am

What would happen if I tried to be declared an SP? I've never been in Scientology, but if I wrote a letter to an org requesting a declare, would they do it?

Antique Hoax

Postby Antique Hoax » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:43 am

Excuse my ignorance...is this "refund" unique to Denmark?

Or could a U.S. citizen do the same with similar results?

Markus G.

Postby Markus G. » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:55 am

Repayment and Refund cases have always been excommunicated and deadfiled in accordance with CoS policy.

But I don't think I have seen an official SP declare because of a refund before.

Murray Luther

Postby Murray Luther » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:05 pm

There's a standard policy procedure for getting refunds and leaving the COS. It involves a specific routing form that includes signing legal disclaimers. If you don't cooperate--let's say--by asserting, "just give me money back," or "I'm leaving, good bye," you will be declared. That's always been the case.

curious_georgette

Postby curious_georgette » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Perhaps next time they decide to write such a "formal" letter and send it out as a scare tactic to keep members from asking for a refund, they could at least spell check it first. Or simply remember "i before e except after c" (they spelled received wrong) sheesh. Bad enough they thought to write this up... but come on...
Curious

almondjoy

Postby almondjoy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:19 pm

LOL! They spelled "received" wrong. Nicely spotted, CG.

Maybe spell-checker is an SP cuz it doesn't recognize all their made-up words.

I've decided my cat is an SP cuz she won't eat the food I put out for her this morning.
Acronym for L.Ron Hubbard: Science-Fiction Author That Achieved Notoriety = SATAN

Tsar von Humbug

Postby Tsar von Humbug » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:31 pm

She should appeal the declare, because it's not valid.

The declare clearly states that the suppressive act she is accused of is the demand for the return of fees.

Dorthe Mai SP Declare wrote:Demanding the return of any and all fee paid

However in the prelude, it is made clear that she requested a refund of her donations, not fees. Legally, there is a clear difference between what is a donation and what is a fee. A donation is a gratuity, without strings attached. A fee however is made as part of a binding contract. Demanding the return of a fee might imply a breach of contract. However, as a donation is a gratuity, asking for the return of a donation raises no such considerations.

Quite apart from the question whether demanding the return of a donation gives the (ahem) 'church' the right to declare a person 'suppressive' (complete with the implied constraints on Dorthe Mai's freedoms of association), she quite simply hasn't committed the act suggested, of demanding the return of 'fees'.

It would be an interesting test of Scientology (choke) 'justice' to see whether this invalid declare could be successfully appealed.
Last edited by Tsar von Humbug on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MissDorfl

Postby MissDorfl » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:32 pm

almondjoy wrote:Maybe spell-checker is an SP cuz it doesn't recognize all their made-up words.

Naah, that's because they have all those word-clearing methods, the clay-demos and the Delphi Schools, so they can't admit that they are in desperate need of a spell-checker.

I've decided my cat is an SP cuz she won't eat the food I put out for her this morning.

I guess you still won't disconnect.

(Sorry, you're obviously a cat-slave, so that was a stupid remark.) :cat:
I can’t imagine I’m the only one thinking clearly about this. Sometimes I think I’m taking crazy pills.

- Phil Plait

Return to “Opinions & Debate”