Sexual Abuse Covered up by C of S

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Camoron

Post by Camoron » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:01 am

Serenity now,
Insanity later.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:19 am

Insanity then.
Serenity now.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:33 am

Camoron, welcome to OCMB...Sexual abuse HAS been covered up by the COS. (Cult of scientology). Read this:

http://sexual.taxexemptchildabuse.net/

Your post was very cryptic. Please explain what you meant by:

"Serenity now,
Insanity later."

Maybe you would not mind explaining what your nick means while you are at it?

My first impression of "Camoron" is California Moron.

I am the most paranoid of the paranoid around here, so please forgive me if I am being paranoid.

Ladybird

type 4

Post by type 4 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:41 am

Thank you for sharing that story Serenity Now.
It actually sheds further light for myself on the ALTERED IMPORTANCE placed on preventing PR flaps within the church as compared to bringing felons to jail.

For I have seen this sort of thing before, and this area of sexual molestation and statutory rape (which really got heavy after the Gabriel Williams ordeal at Mountain View Org in California) is the biggest button I know of in regards to how OSA reacts to such news and the handling is severe in a church sense on the perpetrators, but actual civil punishment and turning it over to the authorities is never done in the instances I became aware of while on staff.

They get declared suppressive or Type B (a criminal) and are kept off org lines, but that's it. I shudder when I think about one particular guy who absolutely should have been reported to the police. He was a teacher molesting a child in his care. He was ALSO on staff, and the OSA handling given was to put him on the meter, get all the specifics and then he was routed off of staff and shortly thereafter declared suppressive. Clear instructions were given NOT to call the police. So this son of a #@#!@ was allowed back on the streets, and this is not okay.

The sad thing, as I reflect on this, is that I was going to ensure he was turned over to the police, but the DSA said to wait for OSA instructions. And thus the police were never called. And I was too stuck in the church mindset of being a robot to upper management directions that I didn't say "Wait a @#%#@ minute here, this guy needs to go to jail!!!!! And nothing else is more important! I'll call the @#$@ police myself!!" Of course, I would have gotten church justice myself, and severely at that, but when I look back at this I regret not having done just that.

PR flap, good god. What about the fact he has the opportunity to do that again?? And to the OSA trolls reading this, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, as this is the Standard Operating Procedure just as in Serenity's post. Think about what is really right here. Think about the girl being victimized. "The greatest good for the greatest number" line doesn't work out here, it really doesn't. For on top of the moral wrong here, the real PR flap is occurring now that the truth comes out, right here on the very open communication lines of the Internet.

Stop worrying about how you look, and do what's right. That is how respect is earned. PR, acceptable truths, blah, blah, blah. It needs another look guys, because with the Internet you are naked and exposed no matter how good you think the flaps are covered up. Get your own confront in and do what's right.

serenitynow

Post by serenitynow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:48 pm

Serenity now,
Insanity later.
Okay? Interesting, what does this mean?
Your post was very cryptic. Please explain what you meant by:

"Serenity now,
Insanity later."

Maybe you would not mind explaining what your nick means while you are at it?

My first impression of "Camoron" is California Moron.

I am the most paranoid of the paranoid around here, so please forgive me if I am being paranoid.
Thanks Ladybird :)

Type 4,

Thanks for your post and the support. You and I both were in the mindset of the C of S and unfortunately neither of us reported sexual abuse when we should have. But we are both here now, shedding light on this dark corner of Scientology, and that I think makes up a lot for past mistakes made. I have enjoyed all your posts and look forward to hearing more from you!

:D

And to everyone else here, there is something in the pipelines about this, can't say too much, just working on a piece about these abuses.

If Scientology ethics would just do what LRH says and "Follow the laws of the land.", they wouldn't have these "PR flaps" to handle. They must be made to follow the same laws as everyone else.

The statute of limitations on my case has recently passed. But, it is a moot point now, that is all I can say.

Love, Serenity Now
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."- Joseph Campbell

Antique Hoax

Post by Antique Hoax » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:29 am

Dear Serenity Now,
I recognized you were special from the first time I read your post upon joining OCMB, ...and you were nice to me as I worked through the process of understanding this cult.

I will no longer think of you as the cute little girl with braces auditing at 12.

I now think of you as a great and strong free spirit that can look evil in the face and reflect it back on itself.

That is the mark of true courage.

I wish the best for your family members still in.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Another scientologist arrested for sex abuse:

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/64112.htm

April 6, 2006 -- A 19-year-old aspiring actress has accused a veteran
Broadway actor of luring her into performing sex acts offstage when she
was just a star-struck kid visiting the Great White Way.
The 40-year-old actor, James Barbour, who appeared in the Broadway
musical "Assassins" three years ago, was arrested yesterday by Los
Angeles police on a New York warrant charging sex abuse and sodomy,
sources here said.

The unidentified woman came forward in February and told NYPD cops she
first met Barbour through her high-school drama coach in 2001 when she
was 15.

She met the handsome hoofer again that year on a trip with her parents.

Barbour, who was appearing in the Tony-Award winning "Jane Eyre" at the
Brooks Atkinson Theatre, promised the star-struck out-of-towner a
personal backstage tour.

Instead, she claims, Barbour took her to his dressing room where they
had a sexual encounter.

A few weeks later, on July 21, the awe-struck teenager returned, this
time without her parents, and met Barbour again.

Later, the woman said she went to his Upper West Side apartment where
they had a sexual encounter. It was not clear why the woman, now an
aspiring actress, waited so long to come forward.

An L.A. judge ordered Barbour to surrender in New York on April 17.

murray.we...@nypost.com

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... rbour.html

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:21 pm

I'm writing this because I want to bump this thread and urge anyone who hasn't to read this thread all the way through, and I have a message for anyone lurking:

One of the sickest concepts in $cientology is "ethics protection," if you are an "upstat."

The term "upstat" has a broad meaning. It could mean you're a "highly trained tech terminal," which means it would take the cult a considerable amount of time and money to replace this person.

"Upstat" can also mean you're a heavy donor, which means the cult relies on you for income for its various scams, or you're pumping a lot of money towards your bridge to nowhere.

Either way, if any of the aforementioned criteria are being met, individuals within the cult are allowed to act in ways that are not even remotely socially acceptable--in extreme cases, people with "ethics protection" can beat people up and/or molest children.

In other words, ethics protection is a concept of lawlessness designed to shelter people the cult deems valuable. It is nihlism in its purest form.

When I wrote my story, I spoke of a guy who threatened to break my legs infront of the CO. Yes, this mother fucker stood there and pointed at both my legs, and said, "If you don't make your quota, I'm going to break your legs." My response, being the smartass that I am, was, "that's not an ethics gradient." I turned around and walked off, and I routed out of the $ea Org 2 months later. What I didn't mention in my story is this asshole's dad had just donated $40K to the cult.

So, not only does this concept of "ethics protection" protect the person committing atrosities, it also covers their children. So, I know 1st hand, when L. Ron says something like, "upstats can get away with murder" it is not meant to be taken metaphorically--it is meant to be taken in the most literal sense of those words.

Remember Sadam Hussein's sons Uda and Kusa? They went around raping women and torturing men. They had "ethics protection"--the concept of "ethics protection" is the system of lawlessness used in facist regimes. It's a system where the people who are percieved to have power can do whatever the hell they want.

Basically, $cientology is a sponsor of the kind world you do not want to have any part of.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

tommygormanxenu

Post by tommygormanxenu » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:12 am

serenitynow first of all thank you for posting that story. I am very sorry you had to go through with that shit from the Evil cult of scientology. You are a very good lady to come out and speak the true harms of scientology like this on this website. I am sure their are many other people who this kinda thing has happen to and now you have made it easier for them to now come out any tell their story too.

Thank you again and if you need any help to fight scientology i will help you out. PM me anytime. You should sue that Evil cult.

Scientology is Evil to the core. SCIENTOLOGY PROTECTS RAPIST AND KILLS. Scientology ruins families and lives everyday. The only thing scientology can Clear is one bank account at a time

LRH was married 3 times which shows he could not stay with one wife.
L.Ron Hubbard was and evil man, crazy in the head schitzo, paranoid, psychopath, who was a psych drug taking, heavy drug using, wife beating alcoholic drunk, pathological liar, coward who let his 3rd wife go to prison for his crimes as he hid and ran away for the remaining years of his life from the FBI. L.Ron Hubbard died with psych drugs shot in his butt.
IMHO Tommy Gorman
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.
http://www.lermanet.com/tomgorman/jeffreyquiros.htm

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:47 am

I called Tommy tonight and had a great chat with him.

I think he wasn't quite getting how much his copy/paste was effecting the good people of OCMB--and hopefully now he'll do more posting, less of that.
We'll see :wink: I really like Tommy---he's a great guy, totally willing to help anyone, and that's invaluable.

Someone called me tonight who has their family "in", and was quite concerned about her children. I asked Tommy if he'd give her some suggestions (as he got his entire family OUT of Scientology). He was totally willing--which is great. :alien:

Happy Sunday :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~Your local, Friendly, SP :cheers:

Os Wilkes

Post by Os Wilkes » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Thank you for bumping this thread Mr. Bad.

Serenity Now,

I cannot stop crying. I guess I could have a lot to say about this, but maybe you can imagine what I am thinking. I just can't write it all here now. It's too much.

Thank you for posting this, it was very brave, very strong, and very necessary. Scientology IS RAPE. Psychic, Physical, Mental and Emotional. It's a haven for sociopaths. That is clearly why they call inductees "RAW MEAT".

I am so sorry that YOUR MOTHER KNEW, and that other adults KNEW what was going on and BLAMED YOU. You know, this isn't only in Scientology. I had to listen to the person who molested me and all his cronies blather about how I committed a seduction on a grown man when I was seven. Hell, you can't hardly find your dick in the dark at that age. I'm fifty now, and I still hear about what a slut I was when I was a little kid and how I was a homewrecker by trying to force a grown man to bugger me! That's kind of a 180º twist...

So I know how that feels, and I just can't get over how strong and together you are after that kind of HORROR has been visited upon you by those VAMPYRES.

One fact about satanic practice is that they believe that they gain power through corruption of innocents. This is probably happening all over the place in Scientology, but people probably won't discuss it because they blame themselves. Or like in your case, they blame the victim.

IT CAN'T BE LEGAL TO FORCE A CHILD INTO DESTRUCTIVE RELIGIOUS PRACTICES!!! You may be able to SUE NOW for damages to your mental health and to pay for care! Because you were TAUGHT by the equivalent of PARENTS AND PRIESTS that YOU WERE TO BLAME! So you did not know it was a CRIME.

They want us to believe we lost our innocence and brought it in on ourselves. Well, we didn't. We were targets of opportunity and our innocence is still there. The trick is to avoid these types of people forever, scrupulously and to give our innocense to the kind folks who know what to do with it. We need to always remember who we were before they slimed us. It's very difficult to overcome an eating disorder, to have a good marriage, to remember who we were before the assault and to start our lives over from that point. Some can't make it, but God, Serenity Now, I am glad you did. You are a survivor and a great and wonderful example to others.

KEEP ON SHINING!!!

Thank you again for posting this, and for everyone who has commented on this, as it is another tentacle of the man eating octopus known as Scientology.

Sorry about the words being rough hewn and all, but it's difficult to spit it out. I know I didn't say it right.

But you know what I mean.

Love,

Os
Latest stuph:

The latest fave video- a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxOmrS6uqVM

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:18 pm

**Very** Well Said, Os.

My second on all that he said. Blessings to you both :angel: :heartsign:

Tory/Magoo~~ 8)

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:14 am

magoo1 wrote:I called Tommy tonight and had a great chat with him.

I think he wasn't quite getting how much his copy/paste was effecting the good people of OCMB--and hopefully now he'll do more posting, less of that.
We'll see :wink:
<sigh>

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk.... and has the very same cut & paste spam section in each of the posts.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:31 am

Well, fear not, it SHALL change, one way or the other.

Trust me on that. :wink:

My best,

Tory/Magoo~~

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:59 am

Thanks for trying Magoo. Nice "Serv-Fac" you got going there Tommy boy.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”