One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: The Sad Sad Tale of Serge Obelinsky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:34 pm 

What I'm about to tell you is a true story. Serge Obelinsky is a real person who grew up in the Sea Org. His stepmother Debbie Obelinsky worked in the Treasury Division over at CC International, Scientology's premier org. They used to call CC the "Oasis of Creative Freedom" whatever that means.

This story begins with Serge working as an RPF slave renovating CC International (The Manor Hotel as well) until the Great and Benevolent Douche Miscavenge granted all the RPF slaves an amnesty, and then, all the RPF slaves became Manor Hotel slaves.

So, Serge was working in the Manor. He would alternate between working as a galley slave and housekeeper slave. Basically, he worked where ever he was most useful.

Serge wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was a nice guy. He was, and to my knowledge still is a very nice guy. I barely knew him though. I sat out in front of the PAC canteen after work around 11:00 p.m. a few times. We would smoke and shoot the shit. I would always ask, "How's Debbie doing?" I just thought she feisty and had nice boobs.

One day I noticed Serge had a book. It was "None Dare Call It A Conspiracy." Elron used to sell it in the bookstores of all the "churches" in the late 70's and early 80's before the Douche Miscavenge overthrow. Elron sold "None Dare Call It A Conspiracy" because he went all Jim Jones in the late 70's—Jim Jones was the guy who put cyanide in Kool-Aid and forced his cult members at gun point to drink it. I make this harsh accusation because Elron told everyone in the late 70's a nuclear war is only a few months away, and he needed a bunch of money so he could try and stop it—I'm not kidding. (It's just another tidbit Douche and his dwindling numbers of henchmen have whitewashed in an effort to prevent the newcomers from really learning how paranoid and evil $cientology's history really is.)

So, Serge was reading highly conspiratorial books, and I began to notice his sanity slipping quite dramatically.

He would make muttering oddball comments. It was obvious to anyone who saw the young man—he was cookoo-for-coco puff's. It was really sad to watch.

But, you see, Serge wasn't much older than 18, and he was living completely on his own in an insane environment with no help from his mom or dad because they were too busy with $cientology's bullshit. So, I believe Serge was acting the way anyone who didn't have an education and whose parents were completely absent for the majority of his life would react. He simply didn't have the constitution to deal with what was going on in his head.

Did his mom or dad or anyone else take time off and help him get his head put on straight????—not to my knowledge. Afterall, they were all members of the elite Sea Organization where 'only the tiger's survive'. So, poor Serge was off-loaded out of the S.O. without pity or remorse. In the blink of an eye, Serge went from "elite S.O. member" to freeloading degraded being. Serge was safely out-of-sight-and-out-of-mind as far as the cult was concerned.

I wish I could say this was where the story ends—I wish to god I could, but I can't—this sad tale only gets worse.

A few years past by, I hadn't really given dear ol' Serge a second thought—I was off doing my thing. I just assumed he went off and got a job as a janitor somewhere or something.

So, one day I was strolling down Los Feliz Blvd, minding my own business. It was getting late. The sun reflected through trees that lined the side walk, and I was headed home with a bag full of groceries I had bought at the health food store.

Then I saw Serge coming the other way. Serge Obelinsky didn't have any arms!!! It was one of the most horrible visions I have ever seen. He had those mechanical arms with the stainless steel pincers in the place where his arms used to be. A lady was walking beside him with an arm around him—it could have been his biological mother. She looked like she was assisting him.

He didn't recognize me. I just walked by him, and went straight home. I was mortified. I really didn't know what to think or say. It was just awful. I felt so bad for the guy.

At the time I had a roommate who was ex-S.O. I said, "Dude, do you know who Serge Obelinski is?" He said, "Yeah." Then he said, "He blew his arms off making pipe bombs." WTF?? OMG?? You have got to be fucking kidding me. Holy shit!!!

And that was it. I only saw him a few more times. I started to say I saw him 'thumbing through a magazine at 7-eleven', but then I realized what I was about to say. I did see him at 7-eleven trying to look through a magazine with his pincers. Again, I didn't talk to him--I felt too sorry for the guy.

I mean....what do you say to someone, "Hey, I heard you blew your arms off making pipe bombs.....Bummer."

Poor Serge. This is one of the sadest trajedies I have ever witnessed.

I'd like to see Tommy Davis explain this one away to a reporter....."He was an adult who made a bad choice."

No, Tommy, you blind ignorant douche, he is another victim of the cult of heartlessness, $cientology.

mb

Last edited by mr_bad on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 pm 

A couple of corrections to your story.

1) Debbie wasn't his mother. Debbie was Ivan's second wife. His mother was Nancy (Obolensky) Christodulu. Nancy was an AOLA staff member who had remarried Phil Christodulu, who was a cook at the Manor. Ivan cheated on Nancy with Debbie, which might be the reason for the blank stare.

2) I knew Serge during his formative years. It may or my not be the fault of Scientology, but Serge was a few cans short of a six pack long before he read that book. He was an accident waiting to happen from the time he was a kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:01 pm 

A very sad and unpleasant story indeed, where $cientology has certainly played a part, but I beg to differ on your description of that book.

I have read it myself and I have found it neither paranoid nor antisemitic, but certainly very unwelcome to the official version of history, the one and only true history, and definitely a book that governments would not want their people to read.

But I can see how $cientology would have been very happy to use it for their own ends as part of their web of manipulations, as long as people are unaware of what $cientology really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:10 pm 

lulu,

Thanks, that clears up stuff for me.

OK, so Debbie wasn't as callous as I thought.

It was still devestating to see him like that. Nobody deserves that.

mb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:16 pm 

G,

I think it was antisemetic. The book blames the Rothchilds, a jewish family, for funding the Nazi's rise to power. It doesn't really do anything to substantiate the claim. What's a person to do when they read that? Naturally, the assumption there is that Jews are evil--so evil that they would, in fact, cause the death of millions of their own people. Therefore, people should a hate the jews. Right??? In other words, nevermind the fact that millions of jews were killed during WWII, it's their own fault....that's bullshit.

I'll retract the above statements about that book if you can tell me something contradicts the above statements.

mb

Last edited by mr_bad on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:17 pm 

In 1990, Ivan blew the Sea Org with the then-FBO AOLA, Alison Andrus. I don't think he had much of anything to do with his three kids after that.

Ivan was a great person and a great executive but he definitely had his issues in the family and kids department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:33 pm 

lulu,

He got routed out around the end of 93' if I'm not mistaken. So, from what your saying Debbie wasn't even his step mother at that point.

I'll have to make some changes to the story.

Like I said I barely knew the guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:48 pm 

No, she actually wasn't his stepmother any more. I actually don't know what relationship, if any, she kept with those kids after Ivan left.

Debbie had her own problems. She had a stroke within a couple of years after Ivan blowing. She was only in her mid thirties at the time. I guess it resulted from living on coffee, cigarettes and very little sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:52 pm 

lulu,

Now that you mention it. I do remember seeing Debbie with a cup of coffee in her hand pretty much evertime I saw her. Wow. That's sad. Did they route her out too?

mb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 pm 

I don't think so. I think she pretty much recovered from the stroke. I don't know if she had any long term effects from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:57 pm 

Still....that's pretty f'd up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am 

How horrific.....what a tragedy.

I taught him briefly, at Mace-Kingsley school, here in LA.
He didn't seem like he was doing so great then, (6th Grade)...
and then his Dad, Ivan, 'Blew"...and I never heard a thing
about either of them, until now. Damn!

Whatever sharpness he had or didn't have, a kid making pipe bombs
is really bad news! I guess we don't have to tell him that. Is he still in
Scientology, or did he finally leave?

Man, what a shame. I hate stories like that....it's just not right, or fair that
anyone has to end up like that, especially at such a young age. Then I wonder, what were his plans for this pipe bomb?

Another tragedy within Scientology re Accidents was a young man named Adam. I don't know his name, but he was in Martin's acting class, pulled an empty revolver to his head (Sure it was empty). Not knowing one bullet is in the chamber, he pulled it, and has been a Paraplegic ever since.
Another true shame.

Well, on that note, I'm off to meet with some interesting people!

If Ivan, or his son ever reads this, my best wishes to both.

Tory/Magoo~~ 8)

Last edited by magoo1 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:21 pm 

magoo1 wrote:
Whatever sharpness he had or didn't have, a kid making pipe bombs
is really bad news! I guess we don't have to tell him that. Is he still in
Scientology, or did he finally leave?

Someone like Serge.... I couldn't say he was actually ever "in" Scientology. He was born into it, but the kid always had some sort of mental problem. Always. I don't know if he could be considered to be actually "there" enough to "be" a Scientologist.

Looking back on it, I wonder if Serge had a mild form of autism. He would get obsessed with certain things, and never seem to quite "connect" with people. He seemed like he was in his own world. If you've ever known an autistic child, especially one who doesn't have a very severe case of it, you may understand what I mean.

If that were the case, having two parents who were both in the Sea Org, he didn't have a snowman's chance in hell of ever getting it properly diagnosed and treated.

magoo1 wrote:
Man, what a shame. I hate stories like that....it's just not right, or fair that
anyone has to end up like that, especially at such a young age. Then I wonder, what were his plans for this pipe bomb?

I was told (seems like it was in the early 90s) that he wanted to join one of those radical right wing organizations; I think it was in Utah. He actually travelled there and tried to join. (From what I recall, he got on a bus from LA and went to Utah.) Somehow he wound up coming back; I don't think they let him in.

I think even they had the sense enough not to allow a fourteen (I think that's around how old he was) year old kid to stay there who showed up out of nowhere, who was obviously somewhat mentally unbalanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 pm 

lb,

Like you say, Serge might have stood a fighting chance in the wog world. Thanks to the dreck, err I mean tech, of L. Rum Hubtoad, he is one of many unfortunate souls who never had a prayer. The Co$ is definitely culpable in this misfortune, irregardless of whether or not Serge was affected to begin with.

My 2 cents.

R.I.P. Lisa, we will never forget you or stop speaking up for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:00 pm 

Yes, this is one of those stories that sticks in your mind....It's sad and vulgar to the point where it's almost not worth telling, but I couldn't help it.

lulu,

I think you may be right--I think he might have had a mild case of autism. It wasn't something a good vitamin regime could fix. The poor guy needed a different environment than the callous 'make it go right' environment of the S.O. He needed adult supervision in a professional setting.

I also think, as sick as this sounds, they waited till he was an adult so they could off-load him, but I don't know for sure.

mb