Thought I'd share this from my critic message board

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Fred Durks

Thought I'd share this from my critic message board

Post by Fred Durks » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 am

Usually a handful of people and myself are the only ones posting on my message board. I get a lot of visits because it links from my critic sites, but not many people post. The only posts on there are usually just updates of stuff I post on stopscientology.com and scientomogy.com. Though lately I've been seeing some pretty interesting posts by others.

This was from today:

Having been born and raised in Scientology, I am so releived to finally be out of it permanently. I was brainwashed to beleive all of it and defend it under any circumstances. Now, several years after being ousted, figuring out how to live on my own (that life there is so sheltered and they dont teach you anything about the real world), how to get credit, how to drive a car, how to get a job, etc etc. I had to figure it all out. An embarrassing thing at my age (over 30). Its interesting to see it from outside, looking back. And I have no regrets. I will never see my mother again, she is still there, totally brainwashed, while her entire family considers her crazy.

I have audited people - even 2 on the Introspection RD, which you commented on. I almost wanted to write something in defense of the "horrible" thing in the post, making it sound like such a horrible thing. Then I thought about it, and here I am, still defending something that has treated me like ____ (you fill in the blank). Man, that really sucks for me. I think it is going to take many years to get that crap OUT of me. It still comes out because it is so ingrained in me.

I have also done the RPF program. Who knows how many times. More than 4 times I guess. Childrens RPF for 8 months too. I am a bad seed, unchangeable.

But now after several years, I am finding a life outside of it and actually feel so much less stress. I am happier out of it. And I have many, many, many stories.

This is a good one too.......

Scientology’s opinion and stance on psychiatry and psychopharmacology was the main reason why I became interested in the anti-scientology movement. I’m a college student who’s right now attending school so I can receive my RN’s license so that eventually I can attend medical school so that one day I may become an adolescent psychiatrist and drug counselor. I was writing a paper about the dangers of mental illnesses such as bipolar I and II disorder and schizophrenia gone improperly treated when I came across Jeremy Perkins . Long story short for those who haven't heard of him, he was a 28 year old man living in Amherst, NY with his parents who raised him as a scientologist. Jeremy started to complain of auditory and visual hallucinations when he was younger. Jeremy wasn’t being treated properly and on L. Ron Hubbard’s birthday Jeremy Perkins stabbed his mother Elli, the top auditor at the Buffalo Org, 77 times.

This man now sits in Rochester Psychiatric Center for the rest of his life because he wasn’t being treated with anti-psychotics.

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) was formed as an arm of Scientology in 1969 so that they could expose the “evils” psychiatry. Hubbard’s hatred for psychiatry was made know only after he sought psychiatric help himself and only after the psychiatric community rejected and denounced Dianetics as a viable mental health treatment.
The CCHR’s page is nothing but an over exaggeration on the cons of mental health and treatment. Their section on electroshock treatment made me rather annoyed. There has been many advances in the treatment of mental disorders and they make it look as if all medication or medical treatment of said disorders that doesn’t fall in the lines of talk therapy is murder and inhumane. While their list of contributors is intimidating to say the least, this page offers no reliable information at all in my opinion.
Psychopharmacology is no exact science but I have been in contact with numerous people, adults and children alike to know that a good portion of people are getting the right treatment. I, myself have had bipolar I disorder for years now and if it weren’t for the field of psychiatry and medication I know I wouldn’t be were I am today. In fact, I’d probably be dead.

http://p069.ezboard.com/fstopscientologyfrm2
www.scientologyvideos.com
www.scientomogy.com/the_bridge.php
www.scientomogy.com/jeremy_perkins.php
www.scientomogy.com/southpark_scientology.php
[url=http://www.scientomogy.com/keith_henson.php][img]http://www.scientomogy.com/z.jpg[/img][/url]

opter

Post by opter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 am

Very good posts, indeed.

Opter

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:22 am

Thanks for sharing these FD!

I am so happy for poster #1 to be out of the cult. And thank heavens for Scientology's absurdly loud views on psychiatry (Thanks especially to Tom Crusie). It is yet another footbullet for this insidious cult and will probably be one of the reasons for their soon to come demise.
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

SCIE-NO-MO-

Post by SCIE-NO-MO- » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks for posting these stories here, Fred. This is in response to poster number 2: It has been said before but I'll say it again, it is unbelievably audacious (in lack of a stronger word) for Scientology and CCHR to yell and scream at psychiatry, when at normal circumstances they would not touch a Jeremy Perkins with a 20-foot stick because he would be an "illegal PC", but when they have no choice but to try because of the family situation, this was the best they could do. The arrogance is absolutely unparalleled.

tom_

Post by tom_ » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 pm

It's great that you are doing this Fred. Also thanks for sharing.

tp
<<<<<<>>>>>>
www.stopscientology.com www.FairGamed.org
www.xenutv.com
www.madvillelaw.net
www.lermanet.com
Tom C on $cn http://www.scientomogy.info/ :)

Ltricha1

Post by Ltricha1 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:42 pm

SCIE-NO-MO- wrote:Thanks for posting these stories here, Fred. This is in response to poster number 2: It has been said before but I'll say it again, it is unbelievably audacious (in lack of a stronger word) for Scientology and CCHR to yell and scream at psychiatry, when at normal circumstances they would not touch a Jeremy Perkins with a 20-foot stick because he would be an "illegal PC", but when they have no choice but to try because of the family situation, this was the best they could do. The arrogance is absolutely unparalleled.
Their official line is they won't touch such cases, but if the 'PC' has funds a way will be found. It is only when there is a PR flap or the 'PC' is fundless does the Cult envoke such a line.
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=220008#220008]$cientology's real product[/url]
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=16563]Read[/url]
Tech is the Carrot,
Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Fred Durks

Post by Fred Durks » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:11 pm

I left the first comment poster above a message telling him to check out Xenu.net's message board. We'll see if he decides to post over here.

I try to divert all traffic of current or ex-Scientologist to sites like Xenu.net and Lermanet.com. I think as a critic you should pick a niche and focus on it to be most effective. I focus on the younger crowd that either doesn't know anything about Scientology or is just learning. I think that's the group that Scientology tries the hardest to get their clammy hands on.
www.scientologyvideos.com
www.scientomogy.com/the_bridge.php
www.scientomogy.com/jeremy_perkins.php
www.scientomogy.com/southpark_scientology.php
[url=http://www.scientomogy.com/keith_henson.php][img]http://www.scientomogy.com/z.jpg[/img][/url]

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Durks you rock! Yes they do try to get their hands on the younger crowd. Thanks for keeping these folks your top priority. And once again thanks for all you do! Lookin' forward to the day when Scientology is gone and archived in history as another insidious cult!
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

Return to “Opinions & Debate”