Paris Hilton out in 3 days - Keith Henson still in.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Sponge

Paris Hilton out in 3 days - Keith Henson still in.

Post by Sponge » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:10 pm

Paris Hilton has been released from jail after only serving 3 days of her sentence, on "medical grounds".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6731143.stm

Now you've all got another good reason to write to Governor Arnold Stupidnegger and ask why Keith Henson, 65 years old and taking medication for high blood pressure, is still in jail for a misdemeanor.

RIPODB

Post by RIPODB » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:07 pm

The president of the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS) says the Sheriff's Department may have given Paris Hilton a break she didn't deserve. Prez Steve Remige told TMZ, "There appears to have been preferential treatment." Remige added, "This is not the first time that this has happened. Remember Mel Gibson."

Remige believes preferential treatment is coming from Sheriff Lee Baca himself. Baca has denied giving preferential treatment to celebs.

As for Paris, Remige said, "On any given day, a thousand female inmates are in custody. Why is one case, out of the blue, treated any different than them?"

Remige says there is a huge medical facility designed to treat inmates with health problems, and that releasing Paris should not have been a first option.
Emphasis mine. That figures...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/07/sheriffs- ... n-release/
"People with too many arguments should always be approached with suspicion. Dialectic and endless reasoning are usually used as resistance against disagreeable truths" A. M. Meerloo, M.D. "Delusion and Mass-Delusion" (c) 1949

RealityWillTell

Post by RealityWillTell » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:28 pm

Probably what Paris said (in a slurring half stupor) is that she needed to go out and get medicated and that their jail was stupid, so they let her go. :roll:

This is totally ridiculous and hopefully the California justice system gets burned by the media for such a stupid move!

Old harmless man under medication gets treated like public enemy no. 1 and a stupid rich girl (who will probably run over someone while drunk) skirts the system, how ridiculous!!! [-X

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 pm

I was wondering if this was going to happen. Spoiled brat is such a whiney baby! :evil:

type 4

Post by type 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Speaking as someone who has had his own share of injustices with penalties not fitting the crime, I am glad to hear she is out of jail. It was way too serious a punishment for what she did - EDIT: she drove on a suspended license twice, the suspension being due to a wet reckless, but didn't injure anyone. I am sure she has learned her lesson and won't be driving on a suspended license again or under the influence.
Last edited by type 4 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freeway

Post by freeway » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:27 pm

type 4 wrote:Speaking as someone who has had his own share of injustices with penalties not fitting the crime, I am glad to hear she is out of jail. It was way too serious a punishment for what she did - she drove on a suspended license while intoxicated, but didn't injure anyone. I am sure she has learned her lesson and won't be driving on a suspended license again or under the influence.
I disagree. Paris' ass was probably pampered anyway for the 3 days she was in. This was not her first run in with the law. It should have been a lesson,
obviously there was no time for a lesson.
This was different treatment for a spoiled, rich (and dumb) brat.
Sure enough it won't be long and she'll be sitting drunk behind the wheel again (cause all police officers just want to flirt with her, right?)

I hope Keith gets the same treatment.

type 4

Post by type 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:40 pm

freeway wrote:
type 4 wrote:Speaking as someone who has had his own share of injustices with penalties not fitting the crime, I am glad to hear she is out of jail. It was way too serious a punishment for what she did - she drove on a suspended license while intoxicated, but didn't injure anyone. I am sure she has learned her lesson and won't be driving on a suspended license again or under the influence.
I disagree. Paris' ass was probably pampered anyway for the 3 days she was in. This was not her first run in with the law. It should have been a lesson,
obviously there was no time for a lesson.
This was different treatment for a spoiled, rich (and dumb) brat.
Sure enough it won't be long and she'll be sitting drunk behind the wheel again (cause all police officers just want to flirt with her, right?)

I hope Keith gets the same treatment.
Actually 3 days in jail is a long time to learn a lesson. Plus she has to be on house arrest for another 40 days or so. Add on to that the public humiliation and ridicule, and that is quite a lot to traumatize somebody. She won't end up on this path again.

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:56 pm

She won't end up on this path again.
She will behave for a reasonable amount of time, and then I predict she will flubb it once more. She is young, and memories of things like this don't remain in the mind for very long.

type 4

Post by type 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:08 pm

Kilia wrote:
She won't end up on this path again.
She will behave for a reasonable amount of time, and then I predict she will flubb it once more. She is young, and memories of things like this don't remain in the mind for very long.
If she does, then she will definitely be spending a lot longer in jail.... I doubt she flubbs it again. She now knows the consequences very well.

StormBringer

Post by StormBringer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm

I expect that she will get caught at a party out of her house by next weekend. The party will be at her house this weekend for her early release. Lets see if her parole will include a stipulation about any consumption of anything that she shouldn't.

Atheist

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm

I doubt she flubbs it again. She now knows the consequences very well.
I sincerely hope you're right, type 4.

itsaline

Post by itsaline » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 am

This makes me wonder what would have happened if Henson hadn't fled to Canada and been a fugitive for many years. Would he have served a week and then been released?

The authorities don't take kindly to someone fleeing the justice system.
www.forum.exscn.net

Morsicle

Post by Morsicle » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 am

itsaline wrote:This makes me wonder what would have happened if Henson hadn't fled to Canada and been a fugitive for many years. Would he have served a week and then been released?

The authorities don't take kindly to someone fleeing the justice system.
He fled because he had credible information that he would be harmed in jail. You’re just using this musing as an opportunity to try and remind everyone that he was a fugitive, conveniently leaving out WHY he felt it necessary to run. Now why is that?

BTW, it should be noted that the decision to release Paris was made by $cientology-buddy-Sheriff, Lee Baca
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

Roan

Post by Roan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:27 am

itsaline wrote:This makes me wonder what would have happened if Henson hadn't fled to Canada and been a fugitive for many years.
Emma, what would have happened is that he would have been released in a matter of days.

In LA, OC and Riverside counties the jails are so crowded they're almost like revolving doors. When sentenced for misdemeanors, what's important to the authorities is that you (the convict) show up, suit up and stand ready to do your time. When the authorities see that, they are practically preparing your release papers as they process you in. What really pisses them off is people who flee their sentences. And please don't underestimate (like Keith apparently did) the level to which it pisses them off.
Morsicle wrote:He fled because he had credible information that he would be harmed in jail.
If there was any "credible information" like this... it wasn't credible. It's ludricrous to believe that $cientology has anyone, or would pay anyone "on the inside" to carry out jailhouse violence. :lol:

Of course, we all want Keith out of jail, but I ain't buying that load: that it was not a very, very bad idea for him to skip his sentencing and flee the country.

:nosmiley:

Crimson

Post by Crimson » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:43 am

Okay...SHE DROVE ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE WHILE INTOXICATED...and this is okay with you because no one got hurt??? what about the next time when she does kill someone? I hope you are kidding because it's disturbing to think anyone feels its okay to break the law repeatedly because they are rich...and because they didn't hurt anyone..this time....will you feel bad when she does?
I'm disgusted this little twit got out of jail. what happened? she break a nail? she wasn't eating? as opposed to what? have you seen her? does she eat anyway? who cares. prison is supposed to suck. you should cry. prissy little byatch.
House arrest in a mansion. oh poor baby.
Crimson
I miss you Frankie.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”