Two More Murders: July, 2007.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
J. Swift

Two More Murders: July, 2007.

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:28 am

How many more tragedies and murders have to occur before Scientology realizes that psychiatric drugs are effective in treating mental illness? "Mental illness" is not "made up" as Scientology high school drop outs Tom Cruise, David Miscavige, and others insist.

Here we have two more murders in Sydney, Australia, in which Scientology parents are alleged to have said "no" to their daughter's need for psychiatric treatment. They apparently gave her some sort of supplement, perhaps Calmag? This is a tragic story that could have been prevented. The Sydney Morning Herald reported the murders on July 9, 2007. The story went to press after the police reportedly finished investigating and brought charges the previous day against the woman who was denied psychiatric medication by her Scientology parents-- one of whom was tragically killed at the hand of his daughter. Further details are pending:
The parents of a woman accused of murdering her father and sister apparently declined psychiatric treatment for her last year because of their Scientology beliefs, a report tendered in court states.

And a police version of events tendered to the court outlined the nightmarish scenario faced by the family's neighbours following the alleged murders.

The psychiatric report on the 25-year-old woman, who is also charged with committing grievous bodily harm on her mother at Revesby in Sydney's west last Thursday, was done at Liverpool Hospital by Mark Cross, consultant psychiatrist and clinical director of the Liverpool and Fairfield Mental Health Services.

Dr Cross stated that the woman was diagnosed with a psychiatric illness late last year but follow-up from the mental health team at Bankstown Hospital was apparently declined by her parents due to their alleged Scientology beliefs.

The woman subsequently saw a private psychiatrist and was prescribed anti-depressants and anti-psychotic drugs.

She took those drugs until January this year when she felt better and wanted to work things through on her own, the report stated.

Move home after relationship breakdown

She had moved back home with her parents following a relationship breakdown and other stresses, including changing to an evangelical church.

She had been working with her father for a year in his electronics business.

Dr Cross reported that the woman said her symptoms re-emerged in January this year, including panic, anxiety, depression and anger, as well as feeling paranoid and unsafe at home.

The woman stated that her parents did not want her to take the medication she had been prescribed and apparently started her on medication they obtained from America, which was not psychiatric in nature.

The woman said her symptoms had got worse over the past three weeks, culminating in her parents apparently allowing her to restart her anti-psychotic medication as it helped her sleep.

She said that on the Thursday when the incident occurred she had an argument with her mother while they were out together and she was still angry and upset when they got home.

Delusion about people on TV talking about her

Dr Cross's analysis of the woman's mental state yesterday was that she showed evidence of psychosis, auditory hallucinations and delusions, including the belief that people on the television and radio had been talking about her...
The rest of the story is at:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/fam ... 02450.html

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Cherub2u

Post by Cherub2u » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am

Amazing! This should be sent to newspapers far and wide -- expecially the newsgroup who did coverage on the Buffalo murder.

~Cherub~

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 am

Prez for CSA Inc Vicky Dunstall was to say "we've had no contact with the family and know nothing about this" (to the effect) on 2GB talkback this arfternoon. Funny though, there's been no release of names, yet, Vicki can say the family have no affiliation with Scientology?
FLUNK!

When all the facts come out about the family getting 'meds' from the U.S, it shouldnt be a surprise if what the family were treating the woman with is direct from hubbards 'discoveries'.

Scientology recieved a heavy bashing this afternoon on 2GB radio apparently, and Vicki may well end up being replaced as Prez.

Hopefully this latest incident may accelerate some sort of investigative report here and journo's will be all over this like white on rice. :wink:

Similar to the tragedy of Elli and Jeremy Perkins?

This incident will make for great rebuttel to all the anti-psych spam in ARS.

The Seven Network National News lead with the story just now.

Packers Channel 9 didnt.

Conicidence ya think?

E-Tags get priority over scientology related deaths apparently.

The report on Packers Channel 9 was the forth story in.
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:12 pm

This article I posted came from the Sydney Morning Herald, edition of July 9, 2007.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/fam ... 02450.html

According to Kookarburra, police filed charges on July 8, 2007. There is an enormous backlash, with The Daily Telegraph picking up the story and announcing this headline on its website of July 10, 2007:

Scientology link to family killing
A WOMAN charged with murdering her father and sister was allegedly forced to stop taking psychiatric drugs by her family because of their Church of Scientology beliefs.

Bankstown Local Court heard yesterday the woman's parents asked her to stop taking the drugs and denied her access to mental health treatment because it went against the controversial church's anti-drugs stance.

The woman, 25, faced court yesterday charged with the stabbing murders of her father, 53, and sister, 15, in their Revesby home last Thursday.

She is also charged with a stabbing attack on her mother, 52.

The court heard the woman's parents were both Scientologists and opposed to psychiatric treatment.

The woman was allegedly diagnosed with a psychiatric condition last year and medicated. But in January she was allegedly ordered by her parents to stop taking her medicine.

The court heard they instead insisted their daughter take medication imported from the US, which was "not psychiatric in nature" and complied with the Church of Scientology's rules.

But the court heard the woman was allowed to resume taking her prescribed anti-depressant and anti-psychotic medication when her symptoms returned.

Psychiatrist Dr Mark Cross, who examined the woman at Liverpool Hospital after her arrest, told the court she suffered from panic, anxiety, depression and anger and felt paranoid and unsafe.

"Follow-up from the mental health team (at Bankstown Hospital) was apparently declined by her parents due to their Scientology beliefs," Dr Cross said in a written assessment tendered to court yesterday.

"She stated that her parents did not want her to take the prescribed medication she had been on in 2006.

"She described worsening of her symptoms over the past three weeks or so culminating in her parents apparently allowing her to restart her anti-psychotic medication recently as it helped her sleep.".

The woman, who cannot be identified, allegedly told Dr Cross she had an argument with her mother on the day of the alleged murders and was "still angry and upset" when she got home on Thursday July 5.

"She described strong suicidal thoughts as well as what can only be described as a crisis of her faith."

The court was told between 3.40 and 3.50pm she stabbed her father and sister, who died of their injuries.

She then allegedly attacked her mother, who ran to neighbours covered in blood for help.

The court heard police found the woman walking in a nearby street and she allegedly said: "What have I done? I just butchered my family . . . I um got angry and I stabbed my dad, my mum and my sister."

She later underwent surgery for self-inflicted wounds to both her wrists and appeared in court yesterday with wrists bandaged.

The court heard she became agitated while being treated at Liverpool Hospital and began yelling at staff trying to restrain her.

"I just want a knife," she allegedly said. "I want more killing. More, I need more . . . I'm wanting more killing," she allegedly yelled before screaming "die bitch die" at a nurse.

The mother was last night in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

The court heard the woman had moved back to the family home after a relationship breakdown and other stresses including changing her church from Scientology to an Evangelical church.

The woman, who was supported by a group of about 20 family and friends in court yesterday, has not yet been interviewed by police because of her mental state.

Magistrate Anthony Spence ordered Corrective Services to place her in a psychiatric facility while in custody for assessment and treatment.

"I read the (police) facts and they show a distressing set of circumstances and there seems to be very profound mental health issues in this case to say the least," Mr Spence said.

She has been charged with two counts of murder and one count of cause wounding/grievous bodily harm with intent to murder.

She did not enter pleas or apply for bail yesterday. She was remanded in custody to appear before Burwood Local Court tomorrow.

Outside court a family spokesman, who did not wish to be identified, said they wanted what was best for her.

"We all want the best for our family member and we're satisfied that's happened," the man said.

"That's all the family have to say at the moment and we'd appreciate a bit of space to keep moving on," he said.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html

///
Last edited by J. Swift on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:25 pm

David Miscavige: You just announced your "historic" changes to Scientology. Fresh on the heels of your seeming victory, the world once again sees the utter brutality and ignorance embedded in Scientology's core teachings. Given these two tragic deaths, we are reminded once again of your best friend Tom Cruise's "historic" act of astonishing arrogance and supreme ignorance when he called psychiatry a pseudoscience:

Here is a section of the relevant and official NBC transcript of Matt Lauer interviewing Tom Cruise on the subject of psychiatry:
Cruise: I've never agreed with psychiatry, ever. Before I was a Scientologist I never agreed with psychiatry. And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology.

Lauer: But a little bit of what you're saying Tom is, you say you want people to do well. But you want them do to well by taking the road that you approve of, as opposed to a road that may work for them.

Cruise: No, no, I'm not.

Lauer: Well, if antidepressants work for Brooke Shields, why isn't that okay?

Cruise: I disagree with it. And I think that there's a higher and better quality of life. And I think that, promoting — for me personally, see, you're saying what, I can't discuss what I wanna discuss?

Lauer: No. You absolutely can.

Cruise: I know. But Matt, you're going in and saying that, that I can't discuss this.

Lauer: I'm only asking, isn't there a possibility that — do you examine the possibility that these things do work for some people? That yes, there are abuses. And yes, maybe they've gone too far in certain areas. Maybe there are too many kids on Ritalin. Maybe electric shock —

Cruise: Too many kids on Ritalin? Matt.

Lauer: I'm just saying. But aren't there examples where it works?

Cruise: Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even — you're glib. You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much Ritalin you're supposed to get?

Lauer: It's very impressive to listen to you. Because clearly, you've done the homework. And you know the subject.

Cruise: And you should. And you should do that also. Because just knowing people who are on Ritalin isn't enough. You should be a little bit more responsible in knowing really —

Lauer: I'm not prescribing Ritalin, Tom. And I'm not asking anyone else to do it. I'm simply saying, I know some people who seem to have been helped by it.

Cruise: But you're saying this is a very important issue.

Lauer: I couldn't agree more.

Cruise: It's very — and you know what? You're here on the "Today" show.

Lauer: Right.

Cruise: And to talk about it in a way of saying, "Well, isn't it okay," and being reasonable about it when you don't know and I do, I think that you should be a little bit more responsible in knowing what it is.

Lauer: But —

Cruise: Because you communicate to people.

Lauer: But you're now telling me that your experiences with the people I know, which are zero, are more important than my experiences.

Cruise: What do you mean by that?

Lauer: You're telling me what's worked for people I know or hasn't worked for people I know. I'm telling you, I’ve lived with these people and they're better.

Cruise: So, you're advocating it.

Lauer: I am not. I'm telling you in their case, in their individual case, it worked. I am not gonna go out and say, "Get your kids on Ritalin. It's the cure-all and the end-all."

Cruise: Matt, but here's the point. What is the ideal scene for life? Okay. The ideal scene is someone not having to take antipsychotic drugs.

Lauer: I would agree.

Cruise: Okay. So, now you look at a departure from that ideal scene, is someone taking drugs, okay. And then you go, okay. What is the theory and the science behind that, that justifies that?

Lauer: Let me take this more general, because I think you and I can go around in circles on this for awhile. And I respect your opinion. Do you want more people to understand Scientology? Would that be a goal of yours?

Cruise: You know what? Absolutely. Of course, you know.

Lauer: How do you go about that?

Cruise: You just communicate about it. And the important thing is, like you and I talk about it, whether it's okay, if I want to know something, I go and find out. Because I don't talk about things that I don't understand. I'll say, you know what? I'm not so sure about that. I'll go find more information about it so I can come to an opinion based on the information that I have.

Lauer: You're so passionate about it.

Cruise: I'm passionate about learning. I'm passionate about life, Matt. And as far as the Brooke Shields thing, look, you got to understand, I really care about Brooke Shields. I think, here's a wonderful and talented woman. And I want to see her do well. And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science.

Lauer: But Tom, if she said that this particular thing helped her feel better, whether it was the antidepressants or going to a counselor or psychiatrist, isn't that enough?

Cruise: Matt, you have to understand this. Here we are today, where I talk out against drugs and psychiatric abuses of electric shocking people, okay, against their will, of drugging children with them not knowing the effects of these drugs. Do you know what Aderol is? Do you know Ritalin? Do you know now that Ritalin is a street drug? Do you understand that?

Lauer: The difference is —

Cruise: No, no, Matt.

Lauer: This wasn't against her will, though.

Cruise: Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt —

Lauer: But this wasn't against her will.

Cruise: Matt, I'm asking you a question.

Lauer: I understand there's abuse of all of these things.

Cruise: No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

Lauer: Aren't there examples, and might not Brooke Shields be an example, of someone who benefited from one of those drugs?

Cruise: All it does is mask the problem, Matt. And if you understand the history of it, it masks the problem. That's what it does. That's all it does. You're not getting to the reason why. There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.

Lauer: So, postpartum depression to you is kind of a little psychological gobbledygook —

Cruise: No. I did not say that.

Lauer: I'm just asking what you, what would you call it?

Cruise: No. No. Abso— Matt, now you're talking about two different things.

Lauer: But that's what she went on the antidepressant for.

Cruise: But what happens, the antidepressant, all it does is mask the problem. There's ways, [with] vitamins and through exercise and various things... I'm not saying that that isn't real. That's not what I'm saying. That's an alteration of what I'm saying. I'm saying that drugs aren't the answer, these drugs are very dangerous. They're mind-altering, antipsychotic drugs. And there are ways of doing it without that so that we don't end up in a brave new world. The thing that I'm saying about Brooke is that there's misinformation, okay. And she doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt.

ref:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/

////

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:53 pm

The NSW Police have brought charges against the woman who stabbed and killed two family members and her wounded her mother:
Woman in court today over double fatal stabbing - Revesby

9 July 2007

A woman has been charged with two counts of murder and is in court today over the stabbing deaths of a man and teenage girl at Revesby, in Sydney’s south-west.

The 25-year-old woman had been under police guard at Liverpool Hospital since the incident, which occurred at 3.50pm last Thursday (5 July).

Bankstown Highway Patrol arrested the woman in Uranus Street about 4pm on Thursday and she was taken to hospital where she underwent surgery on Friday morning for injuries to her hands.

She was released from hospital at 3.50pm yesterday and taken to Liverpool Police Station where she was charged with two counts of murder and one count of inflict grievous bodily harm with intent to murder.

The woman was refused bail and is due to appear in Bankstown Local Court today.

Police were called to Hydrae Street on Thursday afternoon after reports of an altercation. Officers discovered the bodies of a 53-year-old man and 15-year-old girl inside a home.

Post mortems concluded yesterday and the bodies were formally identified by family members. The family have not authorised their names for release.

A 52-year-old woman, who was found at a neighbouring house, remains in a serious but stable condition in intensive care after undergoing surgery on Thursday night for multiple stab wounds.

Strike Force Bungowin was set up to investigate the incident and comprises detectives from the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad.

Please cut and paste the link into your browser as it is quite long:

ref: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/recen ... YWxsPTE%3D

////

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:13 pm

You can bet we'll being seeing a lawsuit stemming from this, which going to cost the Church of $cientology millions.

They should be found guilty of practicing medicine without a liscense.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 pm

It will be a sleepless night and following day I'd say. The press here online havent stop with this. Vicki Dunstan will be the scapegoat.

SP's are digging through scientology publications and well....all I can say is, poor Vicki

The latest update
Sect to reject role in deaths

By Fiona Connolly

July 10, 2007 12:00am

THE Church of Scientology last night denied the Sydney man who was allegedly stabbed to death by his psychotic daughter after refusing her psychiatric drugs was a top recruiter for the church.

A man with the same name as the dead father is listed on the Church of Scientology's "Honor Roll" in the 2002 Impact magazine which glorifies members worldwide for their efforts in "signing more than 20 members to the church" or for donating $US20,000 or more.

The man's daughter, 25, faced Bankstown Local Court yesterday charged with fatally stabbing her father and sister at their Revesby home last Thursday. She is also charged with stabbing her mother, 52.

The girl's parents refused her psychiatric treatment because of their Scientology beliefs, the court heard.

The man is also named on a website, stop-wise.biz, set up by a former Scientologist as a warning to would-be church recruits that the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, known as WISE, is a recruitment vehicle for Scientology.

He is listed in the 2004 WISE business directory, which is reproduced on stop-wise.biz as a caution to those who come in contact with him that his agenda is to "get money for every new Scientology recruit" he converts.

But a Church of Scientology spokeswoman last night said the man had never been an official church recruiter and denied it was the same person.

"I can tell you he was not a recruiter for the church. And I've been part of the church for more than 26 years," Vicki Dunstan said yesterday.
Notice here how Vicki carefully chooses her words?
The Church last night released a statement claiming "the accused has never been a member of the Church of Scientology and at no time have we had any contact concerning the accused, her illness or her treatment from her family".

"The Church does not provide medical advice to its parishioners and directs all people to qualified medical doctors for appropriate assistance," the statement said.

The best-known supporter of the anti-psychiatry campaign is actor Tom Cruise who, in 2005, publicly clashed with fellow actor Brooke Shields.

Cruise criticised Shields for using anti-depressants after the birth of her first child.

Rather than drugs, she should have taken vitamins, the Hollywood star claimed.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," he famously told an interviewer.

Cruise and Shields reconciled over the issue after Cruise visited the actress at her home and made a heartfelt apology.

All was clearly forgiven with the actress in attendance at Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes last year.

Cruise is understood to have introduced his friend PBL executive chairman James Packer to Scientology.
Comments are welcome
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 pm

More do do hitting the fan here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/topics/20 ... agedy.html

And this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/ ... 23973.html
The controversial Church of Scientology likens modern mental health drugs to torture and lobotomies.

The church's opposition to psychiatric drugs became central to a brutal murder case in Sydney on Monday when it was alleged in court that a 25-year-old woman charged with stabbing her father and sister to death and seriously injuring her mother was denied mental health treatment because of her parents' belief in scientology.

Bankstown Local Court was told the woman had been diagnosed with a psychotic illness in 2006 but her parents allegedly denied her access to the appropriate treatment.

The church, which includes Hollywood actors Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its high-profile followers, says psychiatry undermines religion by treating the human soul as physical.

The church does not believe drugs can cure mental illness, proclaiming in its creed that "We of the Church believe that the spirit can be saved and that the spirit alone may save or heal the body".

Scientology believes people should not be labelled and treated with "brutal" cures, including drugs, which it says have no scientific basis.

It says drugs are the modern version of psychiatric treatment which has developed over the years from torture in restraint chairs and cages, to insulin shock, electroconvulsive therapy and prefrontal lobotomies.

"Today it is drugs," its website says.

"The reason is obvious. Drugs are more palatable to the public than 220 volts of electricity or an applecored brain and a lot more profitable by billions of dollars a year."

Although scientology has a strong objection to the use of anti-depressant drugs which it says are "prescribed like candy", a spokeswoman said the church would never interfere with an individual's medical treatment.

"We would encourage them to see a medical doctor and get a proper diagnosis," spokesperson Vicki Dunstan said.

"The church would tell the person to follow the medical advice of a doctor, we would never interfere with the advice of a doctor. That's between the parishioner and the doctor.

"Any scientologist would have to make their own judgment on that.

"We don't interfere with parishioners' lives to that extent."

Ms Dunstan said the church had no knowledge of the woman and never had contact with the family.

"I don't think the family are scientologists ... the church had no knowledge of the family and never had contact with the family," she said.

The Church of Scientology was established by American writer L Ron Hubbard in 1954 and now has more than 4,300 churches around the world.

Although many governments recognise the church as a legitimate religious organisation, it is still treated with scepticism by many critics who claim it is a commercial operation which milks funds from its members.

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:46 pm

The truth will come out.

Scientology appears to be making denials as early as possible. Scientology is no doubt haunted by the ghost of Lisa Mc Pherson as she now arises to remind the world of what can happen to people due to Scientology's incorrect and dangerous beliefs regarding psychiatry.

Critics need to again remind the world that Scientology believes and teaches its adherents that psychiatry is part of a 75,000,000 year old plot launched by Space Lord Xenu. Scientology teaches that Xenu kidnapped trillions of people from 76 "Confederation" planets; froze them; dumped them into the volcanoes of Earth; and then nuked them. Scientology teaches that this event is called Incident II and that it happened 75,000,000 years ago. Incident II, Scientology explains, is the cause of all human problems because the souls of these dead space aliens cluster to the bodies of humans. These dead souls are called "Body Thetans." When they "cluster" together they are called "Clusters of Thetans."

What Scientology OT's such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta, or Greta Van Susteren do is to "solo audit" these BT's and CT's by telepathically contacting them via an E-Meter. OT's "audit" their BT's and CT's and tell them to leave and go find a new baby body to inhabit. OT's believe that they can tell the souls of the newly dead -- as well as their BT's and CT's -- to go to a hospital and look for a baby about to be born. The OT commands the soul of newly dead person or the BT's and CT's to go find and inhabit a new body.

Don't take my word for it. Go read the actual OT levels that Scientology fought for ten years to keep of the internet. These documents were entered into the court record in the Fishman case and have become known collectively as the "Fishman Affadavit."

CoS lost its ten year fight to keep the Fishman Affadavit off the internet and now the OT levels are legally webbed in Holland thanks to the heroic Karin Spaink and her team:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/fishman/ot3.html

////
Last edited by J. Swift on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 pm

I think what this story really shows is that COS is firmly in the cross hairs of the world press. From the info in these stories, it hasn't been firmly established that a) the parents were Scientologists, or b) that the woman was off her meds (it says she went back on).

But the amazing this is, It doesn't matter. You just mention Scientology and the dogpile begins. Now any story that even smacks of bad COS behavior, and it's all over the news.

It's just like how flesh-eating-virus stories or pitbull-attack stories suddenly gain momentum. It doesn't even matter if there is an increase or not, the press just picks up on every story. And people don't like flesh-eating viruses, pitbulls, or Scientology.

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:04 pm

We need to look at past Scientology behavior. For example, I wonder if CoS will attempt to purge any of its internet sites of the names of the father and, possibly, other family members? The father's name appears in a WISE website according to news reports.

CoS purged a page from one of its websites when US Congressman Mark Foley -- who appeared on a Scientology website (CCHR) meeting with prominent Scientologists in Florida -- was exposed as a man who led a secret gay life and wrote love notes to young men who were US Congressional pages.

The Church of Scientology purged the following webpage from its website after Foley was discredited as a borderline pedophile who engaged in extremely dubious behavior. This leads me to ask: Will the Church of Scientology purge any WISE webpages in this present case?

I look for Mike Rinder to take to the airwaves soon to issue a terse denial of everything. IMO, this is too big of an event for DM to entrust to Tommy Davis. DM will need Rinder on the front lines -- assuming Rinder is not in trouble internally.

////

as it did with Congressman Mark Foley, that too will come out.

Judith Anderson

Post by Judith Anderson » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:20 pm

The Church of Scientology accepted no responsibility for Lisa because she was a Scientologist.

the Church of Scientology is accepting no responsibility for this
unfortunate young woman because she is not a Scientologist.

Whether her father was a recruiter or not has nothing to do with it. He was a Scientologist and he was just following the dictates of the cult. Just like Jeremy Perkin's mother and Kyle Brennan's father.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Swift said:
The father's name appears in a WISE website according to news reports.
Ooops. I didn't see that. It's amazing that the 'Church' immediately issues denials that they've ever heard of these people, and then the proof that they have is so easily obtained. What are they thinking? They totally flunk at PR.

*Edit: In fact the father's Scn connections are described in the article Alert posted above.
Last edited by I'mglib on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

probity

Post by probity » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 pm

This is PR the Hard Way - deny everything and hope it blows over. Scientology PR depends on the short attention span of the media.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”