One opened, more to come!
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: In praise of Anonymous
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 am 

I have to say, I am overwhelmed by the number of pickets that took place all over the world, and as far as I can tell, they were peaceful and took place without incident.

I believe that credit should be given where credit is due. This would not have happened without the huge amount of effort put forward by these kids in the group Anonymous. They had flyers, they had signs, they had music, they had megaphones, they had NUMBERS. The leaders kept people moving, had people pick up trash, etc.

I was reading some of the media reports, and the truth of the matter is THEY SHOWED UP IN HUGE NUMBERS.

I say we should thank them.

Some of you may remember that two summers ago I tried being a cheer leader for 'The summer of the picket,' and frankly, it tanked. Some of you really stepped up to the plate, and you should be commended. But let's face it, it was a small number, for various reasons.

Now, these guys got organized AROUND THE WORLD within a matter of days. They had a central source for information, they contacted people like Tory for advice, they read up and they educated themselves, and they showed up.

Some would say that the masks were a bad idea. I thought it was funny and drew attention. They're kids. It's not going to be like their mother's pickets. They did it their way. I agree that the word 'hate' should not have been used, but this hardly diminishes the huge achievement.

Anyway, I would personally like to say Thanks and Good Job. :salut: =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 am 

I'm totally with you, they turned this thing around in such a short time and its awesome to behold.

I love the masks, it throws a wrench in the way Scientology usually handles critics which is to make ad hominen attacks. I also love V for Vendetta so that gives me a chuckle.

Right on guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 am 
Anonymous, you have my deepest respect. Bless you all for the great job that you did on this Feb.10, 2008!

*Hugs to you all*
Kilia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:07 am 

I totally agree and was proud to picket with them today. This could not have happed without Anonymous and I am so grateful! Thank you Anonymous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 am 

There's a post action "release from Anonymous to the press". You can find it here:

http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... 7999#27999

One of the interesting things in it, is the preliminary report that, although none of Anonymous' number were arrested, 3 Scientologists were arrested for trying to demask or interfere with the peaceful demonstrators

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:13 am 

I want to thank everyone in Phoenix and let you all know that I do not have any uneasy feelings.

Everyone was great, everyone was nice, everyone had fun and represented the PHX quite well.

The people were honking, the cult heard it, they know we are out there and we are not going to let them turn L Ron's Camelback house into a taxpayer funded museum, and we will end the tax exempt status of the cult.

COS's main weapon USED to be fear, people are NOT afraid of them anymore.

The gig is up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:15 am 

I forgot to mention, one Anonymous even gave me a cookie and offered me a bottle of water. It was delicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:16 am 

Anonymous distinguished itself in Honolulu. They should be proud of a job well done.

"$cientology must be the only church without a religion." - Peter Schilte f.k.a. Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:17 am 

it came out just like I told the nay-sayers: Just fine.

Better than just fine: we can point to the riot police, the two fake stories of 'riots' in Australia, and the sheer number of people across the world that turned up and start the questions going.

And this is just a building point. Once Anonymous starts shaking they don't stop until something falls out.

I'm quite appreciative of their involvement. I'll have to distribute some new hentai in their honor. If any of them wish to suggest a Rule 34, I'm open to the idea.

"Scientology is only about convincing the able they're crippled,
and lying to the crippled with the promise of making them able."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:27 am 

Prufrock wrote:
Anonymous distinguished itself in Honolulu.

Anonymous distinguished itself not just in Honolulu, but all across Teegeeack today.
As did all those who joined in peaceful protests against CoS abuses.
Well done, one and all ... very well done!! =D> :cheers: :woohoo!: :sunny: :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 am 

Fanboy The Great And... wrote:
I'll have to distribute some new hentai in their honor. If any of them wish to suggest a Rule 34, I'm open to the idea.

I'm sure new posts of linetrap will do them just fine....

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:58 am 

WIN!

Now may I offer you some inspiration for upcoming events.

Take a look at this thread.
I/we kidded about this being the new/future look of pickets.

Now don't go ripping these guys off completely,
but this type of set-up could draw people in.
Then you hand them the flyers. IMPORTANT.
Bonus LULZ for you and me.

New Stress Test Booth @ SF Street Fair
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php ... ie&t=24018

:D :D :D

Be sure to check for permit requirements!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:11 am 

They did a great job here in Montreal as well. Everything went smoothly and it even passed on the local major news station, thus raising public awareness
more then ever before.

I've never heard of a picket done in Montreal before and I'm sure this is only the beginning!

Kudos to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 am 

I smiled from my heart today. CBC had a fine summary of today's world events. Thank you Anonymous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:44 am 

I want to personally thank Anonomous for setting this up! Even though I didn't formally protest, I however did check out the action in my city. Some of the kindest people I have met, very very kind people indeed. Even though I was briefly there, and I'm sure my picture was taken, but they have no way of knowing who I am, etc... I took a couple of pictures, hopefully they will be up soon. Does anyone know any website that anonomously hosts your images? I would like to post mine some place like that rather than put it in my personal website (you know fair game, etc...) Your thoughts are appreciated.

~Jack Layton, Canadian Politician (1950-2011)